1. Post #4161
    January 2010
    592 Posts
    Sorry that I don't have time to criticize at the moment. I promise I will later tonight.
    Only problem I thought was that it was a little too repetitive. Still, it's very nice and I enjoyed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4162
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    Sorry that I don't have time to criticize at the moment. I promise I will later tonight.
    this is pretty interesting, but it doesnt seem to have much of a dynamic to it. everything seems to sit around the midrange with little sub bass or highs. the panning of hte drums also send the track off a little bit and distract from the synths; so just try to pan everything that isnt a synth a little more central and bring out some highs it should sound pretty good!

This is amazing! There is nothing I can say against it, I've thought for a while about it so I don't seem like a circle jerker, but I can't find anything bad about it,.

I tried fixing the percussion, I added main drums that come in at a point

and I made this

wow that second one sounds weird as fuck, and a little bit creepy. dont really know what to say about this, other than turn down the gain on the vocal echo kinda thing and bring out the drums some more with some compression and eqing

I literally have no clue how to do electronic type things and I guess this is the first venture into it. Does anyone know what else I could do with this or at the least have some tutorials that you swear by that I could have some fun with?
    those random noise hits hurt my ears, turn down those alot. and it would sound kinda interesting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #4163
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    I LOVE this! Maybe make that windy noise a little quieter. It gets a little annoying after a while.

Edited:

I had this song lost for a while, found it some days ago and started working on it again. It's my most favourite thing I've done for now:
    Perfecto. Sounds like it would be in a foreign film soundtrack

Edited:

Just released an album on bandcamp, what do you guys think?

http://wakethephantom.bandcamp.com/album/into-the-deep
    Favorite tracks were feelings for you and silence. I listened to it while cleaning my room. I guess my only complaints are: repetitive, not what I'd normally listen to...

Maybe sample some vocals? None of the songs sounded like a "hit single"

Edited:

Somethin' I'm working on. Any advice is good advice with this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhcXzL-dv4
    Made me VERY happy. I like the style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4164
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I think it sounds much better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #4165
    January 2010
    560 Posts
    Hey guys, took another try at dubstep, a few mates and myself agree that it's probably my best production ever.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #4166
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,028 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

7. Post #4167
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    Made a C64-remix. Actually started it some time in 2009. Did some light touches and going to release it after some more light touching.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #4168
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #4169
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,683 Posts

Hey guys it's just me, Cruma, posting as dead madman

I'm kidding ofc   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4170
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #4171
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    I literally have no clue how to do electronic type things and I guess this is the first venture into it. Does anyone know what else I could do with this or at the least have some tutorials that you swear by that I could have some fun with?
    That sounds like it could turn into a really cool chill-out/ambient track. Too bad I'm no good at that genre, even though I really love it.

I tried turning it into a structured song.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

12. Post #4172
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    That sounds like it could turn into a really cool chill-out/ambient track. Too bad I'm no good at that genre, even though I really love it.

Where'd you get those drums, I love it

13. Post #4173
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    Where'd you get those drums, I love it
    I actually ripped them off of a tune myself! I really loved them when I first heard them as well. This is the the tune I ripped from:
    http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Away+From+Home/2JPc5R?src=5
    In the tune I posted I sliced it up a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #4174
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,033 Posts

I wanna play Pokemon again, but I can't find my gameboy :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4175
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts

You glorious son of a bitch, this is so awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4176
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Finally some inspiration!
    I may make a thread for these once I have more

17. Post #4177
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,010 Posts

waiting for the mothership to take me away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #4178
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    OSHIT the ending scared me lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4179
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,594 Posts

Hi guys! Just finished the first part and the structure. Still have to mix the levels better as the vocal behaves pretty weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

20. Post #4180
    December 2009
    3,687 Posts
    any love for youtube links
    piano improv, recorded last night. i like atmospheric and ambient music, so i hope im not on the wrong path here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #4181
    December 2008
    5,683 Posts

New french house, thinking of sticking to french house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #4182
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    Finally some inspiration!
    I may make a thread for these once I have more
    Sounds like a scary game soundtrack. Those scratchy parts could build into something AMAZING but it seems like you keep holding back. Needs more umf if you catch my drift

Too late. We all live in a....

Best yet. I can't think of any way to change it. Maybe it's repetitive, but all music is to an extent. If you don't play live, go play live.

Here's my new down-tempo song.

Please tell me how to fix the mastering (Or anything that needs fixing). It doesn't need to be perfect, jut good enough to animate a video to.

By the way, It's a remix of a Bollywood film song in Razia Sultan
    Here's a link if you are interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x513v6_5Xq4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4183
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    I accidentally lost a lot of sleep writing this from 12 till 4 am, then waking up at 6 and writing until I left for work at 12, The mix is really sloppy and somehow Soundcloud made it sound worse but I promise you my mp3 of it sounds boss.

It's a dense as fuck track that I'm pretty proud of. Really sloppy in places but it almost felt intentional to me in a pretentious kind of way.

24. Post #4184
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    349 Posts
    Here's one I've been working on. I've always wrote songs in bands before, never all on my own, so this solo project has been a new experience. This is an intro track to an album I'm working on. I don't have a mic at the moment to record my vocals, so it's just instrumentals. I have zero experience mixing and mastering, so I'm hoping to do one more final mix on the instrumentals before finalizing it for the vocals. I've been playing synths for years, just never really did much with them. Criticism is more than welcome!

25. Post #4185
    November 2011
    723 Posts
    Working more on a song. We've got the basic structure laid down for the intro and a verse or two. Thoughts?
    Guitar will sound better in later recordings. I'm not too thrilled with how thin and empty it sounds.

26. Post #4186
    April 2012
    3,342 Posts
    I was playing around in guitar rig, and had a cool 80s metal riff pop into my head. So, here is my progress. I'll add bass. Not bad for second take, but I'll have it perfected when I'm done with a solo with a couple key changes. Should be fun.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

27. Post #4187
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    i like this alot. try to get some more mids in there though cause it seems to be mostly filled out by the drums and high synth

heres a quick wip of me tryin some dubstep shit i dunno lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #4188
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    Working more on a song. We've got the basic structure laid down for the intro and a verse or two. Thoughts?
    Guitar will sound better in later recordings. I'm not too thrilled with how thin and empty it sounds.
    Yeah, the guitar tone could definitely use some work, but the bass line was really good and there was nothing for me to really complain about the drums so that's another plus

29. Post #4189
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Here's one I've been working on. I've always wrote songs in bands before, never all on my own, so this solo project has been a new experience. This is an intro track to an album I'm working on. I don't have a mic at the moment to record my vocals, so it's just instrumentals. I have zero experience mixing and mastering, so I'm hoping to do one more final mix on the instrumentals before finalizing it for the vocals. I've been playing synths for years, just never really did much with them. Criticism is more than welcome!
    I like it, I can't imagine what it would sound like with vocals, probably pretty cool. It sounds like this one octopus project song.

30. Post #4190
    April 2012
    3,342 Posts

Changed the drums up, and rerecorded and changed my picking style to make it less sharp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

31. Post #4191
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,234 Posts

my face when i really like something i'm working on

Edited:

just finished the beat i just ~showcased~

go me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    December 2008
    5,683 Posts
    Anyone else invited to the new Soundcloud beta? I just was
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #4193
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    This is something I'm working on, I don't know how to get better transition

34. Post #4194
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    OHHHHH YEAAAHH I love it so much

you might wanna try mixing the beat up a little more at the end. By the way, I'm gona be using your tracks to freestyle at parties

Edited:

This is something I'm working on, I don't know how to get better transition
    Best yet. I like the part where the beat speeds up. The synth at 1:45 is a little annoying. Might wanna mess with it more. The drums are nice though. I also feel like it needs more bass.

Edited:

I posted this in the creative stuff thread, and no one seemed to notice. I attempted to animate to my most recent song. Tried to fix the mastering a little more.

This will be part of my backdrop when I attempt DJing.

The video footage was taken around my house on a rainy day, and mirrored cause I'm cheap like that.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #4195
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,234 Posts
    OHHHHH YEAAAHH I love it so much

you might wanna try mixing the beat up a little more at the end. By the way, I'm gona be using your tracks to freestyle at parties
    aw shit

let em know what it is mane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #4196

37. Post #4197
    December 2008
    5,683 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #4198
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4199

December 2011
    719 Posts
    I have now started making electronic music but this is probably some sort of ambient or something im not sure exactly what genre it is except that i play synth and drums on it
    I think length is good enough for some sort of intro? but melodies im not sure on, it can probably make good with some sort of lead melody, or what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #4200
    November 2007
    7,231 Posts
    I have now started making electronic music but this is probably some sort of ambient or something im not sure exactly what genre it is except that i play synth and drums on it
    I think length is good enough for some sort of intro? but melodies im not sure on, it can probably make good with some sort of lead melody, or what do you guys think?
    try switching up the melody a bit, make it a little more complex and get some unique chords going on in there. the thing about electronic music is, is that you can be the most inspired guy in the world with all of avicii's synths but if you have no clue on how to get a perfect mixdown then your stuff is likely to come out sounding terrible. all it takes is practice really, but if you have any questions im more than happy to help you out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events