1. Post #4841
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,477 Posts
    Got me nostalgic with that yo; it reminded me of the PS2 startup sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4842
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,755 Posts
    Belongs on a Wii channel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4843
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,937 Posts
    Official preview of my latest house track:

I've sent this to a record label so I'm pretty excited right now even though I know I probably won't stand a chance, tell me what you think!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

4. Post #4844
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Tried mixing this up without using any sort of compressor (with exception of the drums), I think it turned out pretty good.
    The lead synth that comes in at 2:18 is a free VST plugin called Phutura, I was blown away by it.
    Oh and the strings are from a free Fairlight CMIIx sample-pack for Kontakt which is totally awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #4845
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,027 Posts

I've sent this to a record label so I'm pretty excited right now even though I know I probably won't stand a chance, tell me what you think!
    Is this the same track (length wise) that you sent to the label? They might complain about the fact that it fades in/out without a proper beginning or ending to the track. They usually want to hear a finished product. Also, if they like it, they'l probably ask for some more stuff by you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #4846
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,937 Posts
    Is this the same track (length wise) that you sent to the label? They might complain about the fact that it fades in/out without a proper beginning or ending to the track. They usually want to hear a finished product. Also, if they like it, they'l probably ask for some more stuff by you.
    This is exactly what I sent them. I thought sending them the full 6 minute tune was too much (they might lose interest if it's too lenghty and boring I thought) and they did ask for a demo so I figured it would be best to just give them the most interesting part of the track. That explains the fading. I have no experience with record labels whatsoever so I'm pretty much clueless though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4847
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Well, if you feel they might think the track is too lengthy or boring, that could already be something you may want to change before sending out a track.

They might wonder why you only sent them a small section of the song.

Edited:

Oh and, the track sounds pretty good :)

Not my genre, but it's well produced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #4848
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,937 Posts
    Well, if you feel they might think the track is too lengthy or boring, that could already be something you may want to change before sending out a track. They might wonder why you only sent them a small section of the song. Oh and, the track sounds pretty good. Not my genre, but it's well produced.
    I don't really think that's the case but I just felt like it would have been best if I made a little preview of the track where it jumps right into the action. I'm guessing that may not have been the smartest thing to do but I'll see how this is going to turn out. If nothing happens, I'll send in another demo inluding the full track and another one that I'm working on right now. And thanks man, appreciated :)

9. Post #4849
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,175 Posts
    Fuck, you scared me. I first thought that you made that song and was about to praise you, then I noticed it's by noisia
    the day I make music like that is the day I die by orgy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #4850
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    So I made this Downtempo kinda track

I would really appreciate feedback
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #4851
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,175 Posts
    So I made this Downtempo kinda track

I would really appreciate feedback
    Really cool. I always like your stuff, though.

I don't know much about the genre, but personally I would have liked more timbres to come in as it went on.

The static is a tiiiny bit too loud, too, in my opinion. Slightly clihe too, I guess - You could try slowly modulating it with a filter, that could sound awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #4852
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts

taking the almost-ps2-startup-sound further into non ps2ness

13. Post #4853
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,477 Posts

taking the almost-ps2-startup-sound further into non ps2ness
    PSlove

I would love to see this evolve further
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #4854
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,305 Posts

This sounds really good. How long have you been producing for?

Where can I find the full version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #4855
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #4856
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts
    This is what I've been doing for two weeks. Any and all feedback is welcome. http://soundcloud.com/rootkit-1

17. Post #4857
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    This is what I've been doing for two weeks. Any and all feedback is welcome. http://soundcloud.com/rootkit-1
    My favorite one was nova, that style is cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #4858
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    try building the track up with a few more synths. it sounds a little empty at the moment, especially with the reverb

im not sure how much i like the kick either, the high hat on top of it feels a little unnatural. good chords though, nice composition.

19. Post #4859
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,305 Posts
    Snippet of a track on the new free album I am working on...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #4860
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,937 Posts
    Threw this together in an hour or so, quick test, it's a bit of progressive house:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11939750/Ho...20Guidance.mp3

21. Post #4861
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,477 Posts
    try building the track up with a few more synths. it sounds a little empty at the moment, especially with the reverb

im not sure how much i like the kick either, the high hat on top of it feels a little unnatural. good chords though, nice composition.
    The drums are pretty much placeholders till I find dancey ones and yea I still need to add more elements to this track. Thanks for the pointers man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

22. Post #4862
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    677 Posts
    made a track in Reason,
    can't export because it's the demo version :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #4863
    [b][highlight][size=+10]STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T[/size][/highlight][/b]
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts

24. Post #4864
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    made a track in Reason,
    can't export because it's the demo version :/
    I'm sure you can use Asio4all as an input in Audacity or something and record it that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #4865
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4866
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,755 Posts
    The vocals are extremely hard to understand, but it sounds pretty awesome. I'd just make it so the vocals are easier to understand as well as mix it to where the vocals and the instrumental aren't competing to be on top.

It's a very unique sound and I appreciate it.

27. Post #4867
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,718 Posts
    Started a new project today for mostly all my music other than Drum & bass

My first one is a progressive house wip, let me know how i'm doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

28. Post #4868
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,593 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #4869
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Goddamn it! You know your shit! Make a band
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #4870
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

31. Post #4871

32. Post #4872
    November 2007
    202 Posts
    I really like that, very relaxing!

Heres a house'ish dance song I'm working on

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #4873
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    I really like that, very relaxing!

Heres a house'ish dance song I'm working on

goddamn where have you been this whole time

34. Post #4874
    November 2007
    202 Posts
    goddamn where have you been this whole time
    Busy :C Moved to a different province and stuff.

35. Post #4875
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    Busy :C Moved to a different province and stuff.
    damn well at least that's over now, your stuff was the bomb

oh yeah and everything on that song is perfect except maybe you could bring the lows/mids down a little bit on that wobbly synth that comes in toward the end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #4876
    November 2007
    202 Posts
    damn well at least that's over now, your stuff was the bomb

oh yeah and everything on that song is perfect except maybe you could bring the lows/mids down a little bit on that wobbly synth that comes in toward the end
    Good advice!

37. Post #4877
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    Starting back with Ableton again. Does anybody have any tutorials for basic stuff eg Tools, Commands etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #4878
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,305 Posts
    I can never seem to make anything during the day no matter how much I tinker around with FL Studio, but as soon as like 1-2am hits, everything seems to piece together nicer and I end up with something half decent. It's really bizarre.

Just finished putting something together, going to listen to it in the morning after my ears get some rest to reveal which parts sound like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #4879
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    probably because you don't give a shit at around 1-2am. you just work with whatever comes into your head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4880
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,305 Posts
    9 out of 10 tracks done on a free album! Being released August 14th at the latest...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)