1. Post #4881
    December 2009
    1,122 Posts
    My first post here, I haven't produced music in a while and I hope to continue making atmospheric/moody tunes. Here's a remix of Lovers' Carvings by Bibio I mastered yesterday:

Scroll to 28 seconds in if you don't want to hear the mix-in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #4882
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Here's my new free album "Liqourice City", it's mainly french house with a touch of ambient and progressive house thrown about.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #4883
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    probably because you don't give a shit at around 1-2am. you just work with whatever comes into your head
    Yeah, I thought it might be the fact that my mom goes to bed around 1am, so when suddenly I become stress-free, I become more creative, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #4884
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,974 Posts
    Working on a remix of Bon Iver's Holocene for their remix competition, having a good time here.

WIP of course, let me know what you think!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #4885

6. Post #4886
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Working on a remix of Bon Iver's Holocene for their remix competition, having a good time here.

WIP of course, let me know what you think!
    Really good

Edited:

I made a dubstep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #4887
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    it seems kinda random, i like the idea behind the song but the structure seems to be a little all over the place at the moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #4888
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4889
    April 2011
    870 Posts
    I made some kind of heavy metal inspired dubstep tune. I tried to make the bassline VERY dominant throughout the whole track as if you'd stand right inside of the moshpit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

10. Post #4890
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,246 Posts
    This might be lame, but to make up for the fact that lots of my tracks are done in audacity these days and can't be done "live" (all together at least), I've written a program that allows me to recreate the tracks on the numpad. Basically I prepare a song by cutting out its individual layers into .ogg files and assigning them to keys in the program. Here's an example of a track on it:

I dunno, it's pretty ghetto, thoughts? I'm interested in doing my more recent tracks live some day (lots of earlier tracks were recorded live so they are "easier" to do live) but I want to maintain some level of control as opposed to DJing (not that there's anything wrong with that). Any suggestions for existing software I can use that could somehow allow for more, or maybe just stuff I could add to this?

11. Post #4891
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    This might be lame, but to make up for the fact that lots of my tracks are done in audacity these days and can't be done "live" (all together at least), I've written a program that allows me to recreate the tracks on the numpad. Basically I prepare a song by cutting out its individual layers into .ogg files and assigning them to keys in the program. Here's an example of a track on it:

I dunno, it's pretty ghetto, thoughts? I'm interested in doing my more recent tracks live some day (lots of earlier tracks were recorded live so they are "easier" to do live) but I want to maintain some level of control as opposed to DJing (not that there's anything wrong with that). Any suggestions for existing software I can use that could somehow allow for more, or maybe just stuff I could add to this?
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but Isn't this exactly the stuff that ableton live does?

12. Post #4892
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts

why's it all in mono man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4893
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,246 Posts
    I still have to work that out

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but Isn't this exactly the stuff that ableton live does?
    Is it? I don't know DAWs, but thanks!

14. Post #4894
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,947 Posts
    my friend released an EP and i sort-of helped produce it

http://cobi22.bandcamp.com/album/the-cobi-ep

15. Post #4895

December 2011
    782 Posts
    Disregard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #4896
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    beep boop
    tracker tune
    love song (?)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14194692/mu.../repulsion.mp3

17. Post #4897

December 2011
    782 Posts
    I really like the phasing effect you have with the blippity blop skippidy bop! One thing I would change is drumming, they need to be just a bit louder, or EQ'd so that the snare and kick punches through better through the buzzy bass you have.

Please make it longer!

So here is the lovechild between my love for cool stoner music and also grunge, this song in particular is really influenced by Alice In Chains song "Would?" with a cool bass with a groovy tone.

18. Post #4898
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    I really like the phasing effect you have with the blippity blop skippidy bop! One thing I would change is drumming, they need to be just a bit louder, or EQ'd so that the snare and kick punches through better through the buzzy bass you have.

Please make it longer!

So here is the lovechild between my love for cool stoner music and also grunge, this song in particular is really influenced by Alice In Chains song "Would?" with a cool bass with a groovy tone.
    this sounds good, though the lower mid seems to be reaching out to me and slapping me until i cry; try toning the ~156hz down a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #4899

December 2011
    782 Posts
    this sounds good, though the lower mid seems to be reaching out to me and slapping me until i cry; try toning the ~156hz down a bit
    I shall try this and come back with results, thank you.

20. Post #4900
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    I was making an orchestral track, but then it ended up as something entirely different. :|

http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/...unky_track.mp3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

21. Post #4901
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    my first track that has TWO CHANNELS holy shit such a leap

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

22. Post #4902
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    My first post here, I haven't produced music in a while and I hope to continue making atmospheric/moody tunes. Here's a remix of Lovers' Carvings by Bibio I mastered yesterday:

Scroll to 28 seconds in if you don't want to hear the mix-in

This is fucking brilliant! keep up the good work.

Edited:

I was a Dj for the first time in my life on Friday. I messed up a lot, was nervous, and made it as easy as possible.

I also broke the play button on my CD DJ... so I'm going to need another one of those.

I don't think anyone cares.

I made the last track on my album before I make a real dj setlist.

Sampled one of my favorite movies. Can you guess what one?

Do you think it should keep going or stop there? I don't know how to make it more intense without overcrowding it.

23. Post #4903
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I love the vocals they are nice, I love the arp at the end, the subtle pads and that together sounds so lovely, I think it should go on from there

And my shitty shit

24. Post #4904
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    This is fucking brilliant! keep up the good work.

Edited:

I was a Dj for the first time in my life on Friday. I messed up a lot, was nervous, and made it as easy as possible.

I also broke the play button on my CD DJ... so I'm going to need another one of those.

I don't think anyone cares.

I made the last track on my album before I make a real dj setlist.

Sampled one of my favorite movies. Can you guess what one?

Do you think it should keep going or stop there? I don't know how to make it more intense without overcrowding it.
    Try getting that hoover-like synth that comes in at 1:17ish a bit more bassy and you might even want to try distorting it. Getting a little bit of reverb on it it might make the sound bigger too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #4905
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

26. Post #4906
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Made a little improv.

Edited:

This is pretty awesome dude, love the synth sound, I don't know where you want to go with this but this is cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4907
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Those pads are magical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #4908
    April 2010
    130 Posts
    Latest track i'm working on, got a bit of Mediterranean thing going...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Puerto Rico Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #4909

30. Post #4910
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    Your house is beautiful

Edited:

Latest track i'm working on, got a bit of Mediterranean thing going...

Make longer. Then we'll talk.

Edited:

I like it a lot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of hook yet. I need something special about it to really draw me in.

I tried editing the synth like you said and finished off the track. Tell me how to fix the mix and I'll tell you... things...

31. Post #4911
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #4912
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I love all the weird pops and sounds! Still my favorite part is that break in the middle, for some reason it reminds me of a grandaddy song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #4913
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Your house is beautiful

Edited:

Make longer. Then we'll talk.

Edited:

I like it a lot. It doesn't seem to have any kind of hook yet. I need something special about it to really draw me in.

I tried editing the synth like you said and finished off the track. Tell me how to fix the mix and I'll tell you... things...

Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/timehive/a-cro...er-in-the-rain

How about playing that lead thing an octave lower, that might make the sound a bit bigger? The distortion also sounds a bit thing, you might want to try the hot-fi setting on the Imperfection plugin and then use the "Analog-o-matic" setting on the bootEqMKII plugin after that.
    http://www.delamancha.co.uk/imperfection.htm
    http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

34. Post #4914
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    i like this alot, maybe curb some of the highs but the basic feel is there. reminds me of some kind of joker/rustie hybrid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #4915
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    A piano piece, a WIP still

Sorry I would post comments on some tracks but facepunch is fucking up for me for some reason. I'll do it if it decides to start working again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #4916
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    How about playing that lead thing an octave lower, that might make the sound a bit bigger? The distortion also sounds a bit thing, you might want to try the hot-fi setting on the Imperfection plugin and then use the "Analog-o-matic" setting on the bootEqMKII plugin after that.
    http://www.delamancha.co.uk/imperfection.htm
    http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/
    That just made it incredible scratchy and hard to listen to....
    I had to take off the imperfection.

Putting it down an octave makes it non-existent.

I like the bootEqMKII though. Thank you very much

I don't understand how to make it sound correct without too much reverb...

37. Post #4917
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Ah too bad, imperfection usually does the job for me.

38. Post #4918
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    I'll keep messing with it for a while and post again later tonight.

39. Post #4919
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

40. Post #4920

December 2011
    782 Posts
    I think the kick on the first song should be lower, now it just smashes in the walls and rapes everyone which is a shame because the guitar is pretty cool!

Second song I don't know what to make of really!

Today is good day, I achieved something that my friends say sounds like Testament