1. Post #5281
    November 2009
    1,467 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #5282
    January 2012
    480 Posts

It's not finished, I'll change it tomorrow morning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5283
    September 2011
    157 Posts
    moombahton wip i've been working on for a little while
    no melody yet
    but ye

fuckin large bass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5284
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,019 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5285
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    http://soundcloud.com/bytecry/ad-bro...ytecry/s-yqiEa

Ok I think I'm finished with that now. Not sure what genre.

Feedback?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #5286
    June 2011
    144 Posts
    http://soundcloud.com/bytecry/ad-bro...ytecry/s-yqiEa

Ok I think I'm finished with that now. Not sure what genre.

Feedback?
    Quite a nice track although the hat that comes in at 2:15 is a little loud. also nice synths
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #5287
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #5288
    June 2008
    486 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #5289
    August 2012
    82 Posts
    Started working on a brostep/complextro/whatever track, here's a section of it:

I'm still almost completely new to music production, what do you guys think? A bit too crazy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #5290
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    It's pretty cool, but I think there might be too much reverb, and there's no subbass which I'm pretty sure is typical in those type of songs but you can make really whatever you want and stray from genre norms and I thought it sounded really good anyways, especially for someone new to music production. But some more bass would probably make the song better

Edit:
    Nevermind about the reverb, I don't know what I'm talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #5291
    August 2012
    82 Posts
    It's pretty cool, but I think there might be too much reverb, and there's no subbass which I'm pretty sure is typical in those type of songs but you can make really whatever you want and stray from genre norms and I thought it sounded really good anyways, especially for someone new to music production. But some more bass would probably make the song better
    Oh whoops - I totally forgot about adding in the sub bass, that's embarrassing. My Sennheisers can barley reproduce any form of bass, and after almost a year of using only them you sort of forget about it I guess. I'll get something that I can actually use to listen to the bass. Also, where exactly is there too much reverb? The drums?

12. Post #5292
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

I'm still almost completely new to music production, what do you guys think? A bit too crazy?
    I could barely hear the drums, you shoulda added a tiny bit of side chaining, or EQ/compression/maximizing in general for the drums (tbh they were pretty weak) and the melodic structure felt weird, the song felt really like it was going nowhere.

It is by no means bad, but if you perhaps looked upon those things, then maybe it would be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #5293
    August 2012
    82 Posts
    I could barely hear the drums, you shoulda added a tiny bit of side chaining, or EQ/compression/maximizing in general for the drums (tbh they were pretty weak) and the melodic structure felt weird, the song felt really like it was going nowhere.

It is by no means bad, but if you perhaps looked upon those things, then maybe it would be better.
    I worked on making the drums stand out a bit more and added some sub bass, but I really have no idea what you mean by the melodic structure is weird.

As I mentioned, I have absolutely zero knowledge of music theory in general and this is one of my first tracks (the previous one being that horribly mixed progressive-house-trance-ish sort of song), so it would really help out if you could explain what that means in layman's terms.

14. Post #5294
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    A little something something I've been working on today. Obviously needs a bit more stuff but I liked the idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5295
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Hey guys I've made some progress on the prog house track I was working on. I got some drums in and I'm happy with them so far. I'm not sure if I'll change them any further, except for maybe that percussion hit with the reverb which probably will be removed. I also experimented with some vocal stuff.

I love all the effects on the piano and when it glitches and stops.

Sounds like there is heaps of reverb on the the mid bass synths which sort of defeats the purpose of brostep being in your face. It does sound pretty cool with the reverb though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #5296
    November 2011
    726 Posts
    A few new things.

I know the second one is repetitive, but it's just a rough take. We're going to be adding a lead guitar and more goodies later, and making it less repetitive.

17. Post #5297
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,969 Posts
    I've been working on this track ALL day long. Oh man.

Middle part is crap but those main beats - oh man. I love my own song.

Edited:

The repetitive hi-hat sound is kind of annoying - see if you can add some variation somehow.

The mixing is also way too focused on bass and is very punchy against whatever you're using to limit everything.

Otherwise, it sounds pretty good. Sounds like something Tyler the Creator would rap over or something. :D

Edited:

On top of this, the bass at the bottom is too flat to be anything more than a sub bass, but's also too high to be a sub bass. It's not really contributing to the song outside of simply mudding the sound up. Give it some character if you're going to keep it.

Edited:

Hey guys I've made some progress on the prog house track I was working on. I got some drums in and I'm happy with them so far. I'm not sure if I'll change them any further, except for maybe that percussion hit with the reverb which probably will be removed. I also experimented with some vocal stuff.

In my opinion, the chords you're doing don't form a strong progression - maybe it's the execution. I could imagine them being played on a guitar and sounding alright but on that synth it doesn't really seem to fit. Of course, it could just be me.

18. Post #5298
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    hi fp
    i wanted to make a game
    but i'm terrible at everything
    so i just made the music for it and called it good

why yes that is a chord progression based on minor thirds, aren't you sweet for noticing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #5299
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,290 Posts
    hi fp
    i wanted to make a game
    but i'm terrible at everything
    so i just made the music for it and called it good

why yes that is a chord progression based on minor thirds, aren't you sweet for noticing it
    that ascending/descending synth is a bit piercing, and repetitive. put some reverb on it or something, and lower the volume

20. Post #5300
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,602 Posts
    Guys, could you help me because I love you all and you're all awesome, and like my artist page on facebook? I would like to kickstart it a bit.

http://facebook.com/soundhero2

Edit:

There's also a preview of my upcoming track.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #5301
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Guys, could you help me because I love you all and you're all awesome, and like my artist page on facebook? I would like to kickstart it a bit.

Edit:

Really liked that preview. I'm a big fan of minimal/tech house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #5302
    November 2009
    1,467 Posts

Edit:

No facebook so I'll follow on twitter instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #5303
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,602 Posts
    No facebook so I'll follow on twitter instead
    I don't use twitter at the moment. I mostly made it just incase I'll be using it one day. I am not such a great artist to keep tweeting shit atm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

24. Post #5304
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

Edit:

This really is quite lovely, I enjoy all of your stuff, Blah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #5305
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    that ascending/descending synth is a bit piercing, and repetitive. put some reverb on it or something, and lower the volume
    hmm there's already a lot of reverb on it
    maybe it needs a different type of reverb on it then

26. Post #5306
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    ugh I can't believe I made this, I'm trying to make good music but then I make silly things like this

27. Post #5307
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    ugh I can't believe I made this, I'm trying to make good music but then I make silly things like this

haha that sounds neat actually
    if you develop on it it might come out pretty cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #5308
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts
    haha that sounds neat actually
    if you develop on it it might come out pretty cool
    i still listen to 'for paula, circa 1997' occasionally

i fucking love that song

you're a genius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #5309
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    oh cool
    i didn't think a lot of people got to hear that due to me only posting it once for that facepunch collab or whatever

thanks a lot, my ego appreciates it

30. Post #5310
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts
    oh cool
    i didn't think a lot of people got to hear that due to me only posting it once for that facepunch collab or whatever

yeah, i had a song in there too, which is why i listened to the album, normally i dont bother

yours was the only one that really stood out to me

31. Post #5311
    November 2009
    1,467 Posts
    Let's do another fp collab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5312
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts
    facepunch beat tape

yes

33. Post #5313
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    I'm totally up for another collab

why isn't someone organizing one right now

34. Post #5314
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    I'm totally up for another collab

why isn't someone organizing one right now
    Because they take a year to organize and get 3 views.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #5315
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,853 Posts
    oh cool

I have a bunch of your stuff on my ipod, I love the Stereolab style stuff and for Paula especially

Also Dead Madman, you missed the heyday of collabs. Noone can be bothered to do one anymore because we overdid them, best to let it lie for a year/ couple of years before thinking of organising in a new one. Plus the policy of posting it in general discussion was dumb. NOone wants to look at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #5316
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

37. Post #5317
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #5318
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Ok, listen.

That, ok...

that...was fucking mindblowingly awesome.

But there was the tiniest problem, and when I mean tiniest, I seriously mean it. It's the snare. If that snare wasn't so quick and snappy, and perhaps had a release sound on it, the whole song would be perfection. It needs to have that kinda release to go with the draggy feel the whole song gives you, as though you're sitting in a coffee shop on a tuesday afternoon, whilst you look outside at the rain in shock knowing that you've gotta go to work in 25 minutes.

Apart from that pathetic excuse of a "problem", my friend, this is a-class shit. It's fucking fantastic, the little stutters here n there were just perfection, I don't think I've heard a better song from a facepuncher as of now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5319
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #5320
    January 2012
    389 Posts
    My beats are droppin' like flies. xD Take a listen... :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events