1. Post #5401
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    Bobie = genius

it all makes sense now!

Why people download them I still don't understand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #5402
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,290 Posts
    Bobie = genius

it all makes sense now!

Why people download them I still don't understand.
    if you ever get bored of a track, type in "acapella (bpm of your track)" and go crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 4 (list)

3. Post #5403
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #5404
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5405
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #5406
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Anyone else had a song on soundcloud go viral with absolutely no explanation as to why?

This has got 1000+ views and 45 downloads, what on earth is going on?
    Yeah
    Had 300 plays in the first two days or so, then it popped up on a few blogs, pretty cool.

Started pretty slow but then it showed op on youtube and shit got crazy, 200 views or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #5407
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts

8. Post #5408
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #5409
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #5410
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    if you ever get bored of a track, type in "acapella (bpm of your track)" and go crazy
    It works!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #5411
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,290 Posts
    this is great! could use a bit of sub bass though, and some more interesting percs

12. Post #5412
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    Houcemate showing off them great tunes like always!

Anyways here is what I'm working on.

This is fantastic, try to bring the main melody in the beginning back during the drop, I think it would sound amazing.

Edited:

Alright well lately my threads just get buried with 0 replies, even an album I spent 7 months on got buried, so I think I'm going to cut back on threads for now and just use this. Makes more sense. Hope it doesn't look like I'm complaining - I'm not. I AIN'T EVEN MAD (whoops that isn't funny I'm too tired)

Well anyways I've been experimenting with much faster music lately. It's not necessarily out of my comfort zone because I use similar techniques but just for a different style I guess. Slowly but surely improving I think, it's weird.

Sorry if it's too loud

Honestly if you feel awkward working with synths for melody in that manner then don't force it on yourself. It won't work. Continue exercising in your found sounds style and you will eventually get a sense of melody as you get more flexible with that. I had more to say but chrome crashed so I forget but it made my reply look less blunt. Whatever. Basically just keep up da good work.
    The first half of this track is pure genius, the rest I don't know about, maybe it's just not my kind of music. The first half is loose, erratic, trippy, nice synths and samples. the second half seems too automated and repetitive to me.

13. Post #5413
    November 2011
    726 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #5414
    February 2012
    746 Posts

15. Post #5415
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,731 Posts
    this is good but the vocals are being drowned out by everything else. try to lower the gain on most of the stuff and find some ways to let the vocal frequencies shine through, is that veela by the way?
    It's actually Lights, I've got a bunch of her acapellas from an old remix contest so I mess around with them from time to time.

Also, if anyone can give some opinions on this it would be highly appreciated. I feel like it might be a tad bit low endy. But I want to make sure everything is coming through well;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

16. Post #5416
    July 2009
    1,708 Posts
    [SNIP - Scroll down, I finished it!]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

17. Post #5417
    February 2012
    746 Posts

Just getting into beat production, this is basic as fuck but no presets and a sample, so it's a step in the right direction.

Ways to improve would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #5418
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,731 Posts

Just getting into beat production, this is basic as fuck but no presets and a sample, so it's a step in the right direction.

Ways to improve would be greatly appreciated.
    Get some inspiration, watch some tutorials, put the pedal to the metal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #5419
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I change a lot

edit I meant that I changed a lot of the song from the wip version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #5420
    I have posting anxiety.
    March 2009
    146 Posts
    Never posted on here before, so I thought I'd post a trance song I'm working on after not being able to make anything for a while.

Made with FL Studio, using the Nexus vst.
    I hope everyone enjoys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #5421
    July 2009
    1,708 Posts

22. Post #5422
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    this is great! could use a bit of sub bass though, and some more interesting percs
    Sub bass + 10000% more ghost snare and cowbell as requested

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #5423
    August 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Sub bass + 10000% more ghost snare and cowbell as requested

This is sick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #5424
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    This is sick
    I have no idea how this came from me. I think I had a shower and it manifested itself while I was gone or something.

25. Post #5425
    August 2012
    82 Posts
    I have no idea what I'm doing just so you know, just recently started trying to get into music production. Thoughts? It's some uh... hardstyle?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

26. Post #5426
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,974 Posts
    Got my first record deal today, I am now officialy signed to High Intensity Records. (http://www.highintensityrecords.com)

Expect an official debut EP release somewhere in the near future!

This is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

27. Post #5427
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,621 Posts
    Acoustic cover that started as a test but decided to fully record it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

28. Post #5428
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I have no idea what I'm doing just so you know, just recently started trying to get into music production. Thoughts? It's some uh... hardstyle?

You're better than me and you just started

I just edited it, I'm trying to get better at making synths, none of these are "found sounds," I think.

29. Post #5429
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Got my first record deal today, I am now officialy signed to High Intensity Records. (http://www.highintensityrecords.com)

This is great
    Good job larry, I (And most likely everyone else here) wishes you the best in your musical endeavors!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #5430
    November 2011
    726 Posts
    Don't remember if I posted this already, but it's been getting some exposure lately on Soundcloud.

I just wish we had our lead guitarist around to record over it.

31. Post #5431
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #5432
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    Tried the acapella thing again. Spent barely time on it yet so it's a bit shit, but you get the gist. I'm struggling to fit a chord progression in there too, so any suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: Now has a better progression. Woo

EDIT 2: added the rap from boppin' as a placeholder until I find another good one and added some more stuff

33. Post #5433
    January 2009
    1,254 Posts

This is great
    congrats man, you deserve it. Your stuff is great.

By the way your Holocene remix was easily the best out of all the ones I heard from the competition, it was a shame you didn't get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #5434
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,270 Posts
    This track has potential but the main issue is that it's trying to convey two or three different moods that really clash with eachother. The fidgety guitar is a much more dancey funky mood and that synth is trying to convey a trance-like dreamy thing, sounds really awkward. Try it without the synth, I'm well interested in hearing the song simply without that and then going from there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5435
    February 2012
    746 Posts
    This track has potential but the main issue is that it's trying to convey two or three different moods that really clash with eachother. The fidgety guitar is a much more dancey funky mood and that synth is trying to convey a trance-like dreamy thing, sounds really awkward. Try it without the synth, I'm well interested in hearing the song simply without that and then going from there
    My thoughts exactly, the guitar brings on a funky 70-80s style but the synth is more 90s-present dream sound.

36. Post #5436
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Plus they sound like they're in a different key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #5437
    August 2008
    1,596 Posts
    I'm digging this! Maybe make the bass more present in the mix. I don't actually know much about rock/metal music, but it feels kinda thin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #5438
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,270 Posts
    This is Drone, right?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #5439
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,749 Posts
    This is Drone, right?

I'd just call it ambient and keep the word drone to describe the type of synth. It's easier that way.

It's a really pretty synth btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

40. Post #5440
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts