1. Post #4401
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Sort of new to FL Studio. Decided to mess around a bit and came up with this. Feedback would be nice.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4402
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    snop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

3. Post #4403
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    Sort of new to FL Studio. Decided to mess around a bit and came up with this. Feedback would be nice.

That was really fucking good, but just make sure that you next time switch out the default drums, they're awful and are only usable in dubstep (and even then they suck badly).

Perhaps look on beatport and download drums from the sound section, or download a vengeance pack, etc.

Your synths were really nice, and your melodies worked great too. Great work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4404
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #4405
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,187 Posts
    I just want to say, this is a fantastic section and I love you guys. (minus verdi)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #4406
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,932 Posts
    New theme song for A Knight and his Castle! This will be played on the menu screen.
    Excuse my bad violin playing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #4407
    GAYLORD
    Wikipedia Vandilisation Contest Winner
    June 2005
    14,824 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #4408
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    New theme song for A Knight and his Castle! This will be played on the menu screen.
    Excuse my bad violin playing.

If it's on the menu it's going to be looped am I right?
    Because if that's the case you might want to make the end less "definitive" and more of a second intro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #4409
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,874 Posts
    I just want to say, this is a fantastic section and I love you guys. (minus verdi)
    Nah, not this thread.

I'm not really posting in this thread anymore because I post a lot of feedback for others and I don't really get much in response. I'm still listening but I don't really have a reason to post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #4410
    January 2012
    480 Posts

11. Post #4411
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #4412
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts

Yes, it's a Call Me Maybe remix. Kill me
    Free download.

C&C?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

13. Post #4413
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,187 Posts
    New Headphones! New Song!

Dubstep in 3:4 is strangely difficult!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4414
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,368 Posts
    Not the best recording, I wanted it to be messy but I definitely overdid it. Just wondering, does anyone think this riff is worth the investment to fix, improve, and refine? Or just throw it out and try something else?

Weird upbeat rock shit ahoy. Bass and Drums are midi garbage for now, please try to ignore as best as possible.

Agree= Keep working at it
    Disagree= sounds like shit not worth the time
    Optimistic= u are fagget kill urself

Any specific criticism would be awesome. Mostly just wondering if it's a good enough idea though.

EDIT:

oh shit bass was not that pronounced on other computer fuck, and it's really quiet. probably going to have to redo this dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #4415
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4367505/shittygiotar.mp3

My ambient psychedelic-jazz freeform arrangement of Fade to Black. Has nothing to do with me not being able to handle a guitar properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #4416
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,368 Posts
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4367505/shittygiotar.mp3

My ambient psychedelic-jazz freeform arrangement of Fade to Black. Has nothing to do with me not being able to handle a guitar properly.
    I'm going to say the buzzing and missed notes stand out far too much. When it works, it's actually quite wonderful but you simply must get the hand strength up so they're all ringing out clearly. Would love to see this perfected.

17. Post #4417
    January 2012
    480 Posts

Edit 2:
    New version

Edit 3: NEWNEW

Edit:

Dumb? What did I do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #4418
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,567 Posts
    After almost a year of having Logic Pro and not doing shit with it, I actually just came up with something that satisfies my perfectionism. Pretty much unmixed at this point, but I like the way it's turning out (VERY VERY WIP)

Constructive criticism is appreciated, what the hell should I do with this Facepunch? Basic advice would also be appreciated as I'm incredibly new to this.

Edited:

WIP 2+3 (extended, melody changed slightly, synths tweaked)

Working on the basics before I make it more interesting, although I've got ideas. I'm thinking Swedish Complextro House could be interesting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

19. Post #4419
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I think it's pretty good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #4420
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,368 Posts
    It sounds great but it's a little generic, try to come up with some awesome idea to carry it as a unique piece maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4421
    December 2006
    200 Posts
    Not the best recording, I wanted it to be messy but I definitely overdid it. Just wondering, does anyone think this riff is worth the investment to fix, improve, and refine? Or just throw it out and try something else?Weird upbeat rock shit ahoy. Bass and Drums are midi garbage for now, please try to ignore as best as possible.Agree= Keep working at it Disagree= sounds like shit not worth the time Optimistic= u are fagget kill urself Any specific criticism would be awesome. Mostly just wondering if it's a good enough idea though.EDIT:oh shit bass was not that pronounced on other computer fuck, and it's really quiet. probably going to have to redo this dammit
    it sounds like a kinda gay pop punk song. the main riff is cool and could be 80s hair metal but the harmonies in the "verse" styled riff pretty cheesy.ie: very cool idea but the 2nd guitar part during the verse part is uber gay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4422
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,368 Posts
    it sounds like a kinda gay pop punk song. the main riff is cool and could be 80s hair metal but the harmonies in the "verse" styled riff pretty cheesy.ie: very cool idea but the 2nd guitar part during the verse part is uber gay.
    There aren't any harmonies in the verse, it's just one guitar doing chords. And no ur faget homo bro and trust me iv'e seen lots hin my time ff

23. Post #4423
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Hey, I really like it, honestly I think you could make a pretty tight song, it's not "uber gay" that's just immature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #4424
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,319 Posts
    After almost a year of having Logic Pro and not doing shit with it, I actually just came up with something that satisfies my perfectionism. Pretty much unmixed at this point, but I like the way it's turning out (VERY VERY WIP)

Constructive criticism is appreciated, what the hell should I do with this Facepunch? Basic advice would also be appreciated as I'm incredibly new to this.

I love it! Synths sound really full. I don't really know where you should go with it, but you should finish it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #4425
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #4426
    December 2006
    200 Posts
    There aren't any harmonies in the verse, it's just one guitar doing chords. And no ur faget homo bro and trust me iv'e seen lots hin my time ff
    when I say harmonies I'm clearly referring to the notes outside of the I and V of each chord you are playing, WHICH HARMONIZES THE CHORD. THAT'S HARMONY DOOOFERits gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4427

December 2011
    753 Posts
    I think having strong drums and a funky bassline to kick in at around 0:46 or so can make this landscape of sound really cool with noise in background popping in every now and then! Right now I think the bass and drums at 1:26 are sort of lackluster without someone popping a few lines over it all you know?

I've made some sort of techno song I'm not sure what genre to be honest, I think it sounds happy and fun though, what do you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

28. Post #4428
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,315 Posts
    Just finished a rather soft Dubstep song a couple of hours ago.

Tell me what ya think!

29. Post #4429
    July 2011
    332 Posts
    Just finished a rather soft Dubstep song a couple of hours ago.

Tell me what ya think!

Like I said before, Dubstep has been a big part of my life and it has lots of faces but I'm more into the deep/purple kind of Dubstep.

I'll give some feedback when I'm listening on my monitors because right now I'm listening ion bad headphones

This is something I made a few months ago

to me this is chiller/softer Dubstep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

30. Post #4430
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,315 Posts
    Like I said before, Dubstep has been a big part of my life and it has lots of faces but I'm more into the deep/purple kind of Dubstep.

I'll give some feedback when I'm listening on my monitors because right now I'm listening ion bad headphones

This is something I made a few months ago

to me this is chiller/softer Dubstep.
    Yeah the track I made isn't as chill as that haha. It's hard to explain exactly what it is. It's like an emotional track but keeping the dark, heavy elements of dubstep...

31. Post #4431
    November 2008
    1,266 Posts
    Practicing sampling and beat matching for a future 1 hour mix.

https://soundcloud.com/iqarus/back-in-brack
    Media tags not working for me...

32. Post #4432
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    399 Posts
    Currently working on a new dubstep track, tell me what you guys think so far.

33. Post #4433
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    -snip-

ended up releasing the song

34. Post #4434
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    349 Posts

New track. Subject to change, and probably will. May add vocals on this one. I like the imperfections in this. Imperfections in the playing are due to most of the non-sequenced instruments being performance based rather than polished. The imperfections give it character when playing a piece out of mood. It gives a more human element to otherwise electronic music

35. Post #4435
    October 2009
    1,731 Posts
    I'd love some criticism and feedback, but I really need a name for this song. Would Facepunch like to name it appropriately? Song might be unfinished, if so please critique.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #4436
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,315 Posts
    My current work in progress:

If you guys like my music too, could you like my Facebook page?
    http://www.facebook.com/theofficialbullseye

Probably sounds like spam I know, but I've been trying to get my work promoted on sites and being as underground/unpopular as I am it would be tough.

Anyways, lot of GREAT tracks in here. I'm glad this thread was made and that so many people enjoy making music.

37. Post #4437
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Practicing sampling and beat matching for a future 1 hour mix.

https://soundcloud.com/iqarus/back-in-brack
    Media tags not working for me...
    Still sounds like it's a little bit out of sync, but it might just be me; I'm by no means an expert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4438
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,032 Posts
    I feel like I'm improving a bit. Still much to learn though! :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

39. Post #4439
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Had my go at a remix. My sampling skills aren't the best but I'll work on it. Vocals are a bit iffy but at a first attempt I thought it's decent.

40. Post #4440
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts

Been busy with something new: I'm not sure if I have too much or too little stuff (synthesizers/bass/drums/whatev) in it.
    Agree for too much
    Disagree for too little
    Artistic for it's good as is.
    Usefull for delete it : I'm thinking of doing this; I'm not getting the feeling I'm going somewhere with this track.

Had my go at a remix. My sampling skills aren't the best but I'll work on it. Vocals are a bit iffy but at a first attempt I thought it's decent.

Not only is it decent, I think it's pretty good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)