1. Post #4761
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4762
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,731 Posts
    New dnb track with a vocalist!!! This is one of my least favorite tracks I've done recently, but what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #4763
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,290 Posts
    New dnb track with a vocalist!!! This is one of my least favorite tracks I've done recently, but what do you guys think?
    such a distinct voice, knew it had to be veela. thats pretty awesome man. could maybe use a bit of a boosted low end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4764
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    Cool track, bro. Reminds me a lot of Temple Scene - Too Far Gone (link).

I think you should consider lowering some of the mid frequencies. The chords (piano-ish instrument) is too present in the mix IMO. Could do with some EQ I think. Really nice vocals. Were they done specifically for this track or did you find them somewhere?

By the way, I put that track I posted last page on SoundCloud:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #4765
    July 2012
    10 Posts
    Heres a little number I help record for a friends uncle. Also first post today. After years of posting on Gearsluts, Facepunch seemed like a cool video game oriented site. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #4766
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,731 Posts
    Cool track, bro. Reminds me a lot of Temple Scene - Too Far Gone (link).

I think you should consider lowering some of the mid frequencies. The chords (piano-ish instrument) is too present in the mix IMO. Could do with some EQ I think. Really nice vocals. Were they done specifically for this track or did you find them somewhere?

By the way, I put that track I posted last page on SoundCloud:
    The vocals were done specifically for this track, i sent it to her a while ago and she agreed to put vocals over it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4767
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Dunno what to make of this. I'm thinking about slapping on some vocals and/or samples here. Composition isn't the best but I'll clear it up soon. I could sure use some pointers if you guys have em.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #4768
    July 2008
    521 Posts
    Hey all, this is my third song... Not really too sure what genre it is so if you think you know please tell me! Also I would not mind constructive criticism!

Edited:

Also a question... I had 5 followers and about 1 hour later i looked and I went down to 1!? I cant belive that 4 people would unfollow me within 1 hour... Anyone know why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #4769
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Hey all, this is my third song... Not really too sure what genre it is so if you think you know please tell me! Also I would not mind constructive criticism!

Edited:

Also a question... I had 5 followers and about 1 hour later i looked and I went down to 1!? I cant belive that 4 people would unfollow me within 1 hour... Anyone know why?
    Happens to me all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #4770
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    I think they're spam followers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4771
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    here's a recent tracker tune i've been working on, haven't done any mixing outside of the tracker yet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14194692/mus...compliable.ogg

12. Post #4772
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

13. Post #4773
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts

Maybe some of you will like this. It's a breakbeat track.

Edit: Finished it. Now with my crappy guitar-playing!

Edit2: I even made a video for it. Oh god this is getting way out of hand.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #4774
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts

15. Post #4775
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts
    i love everything you do

write a song about me <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #4777
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Upcoming album's looking good so far, only need to make 4 more tracks then I'm finished. I'll be spending all summer though

18. Post #4778
    Gez
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    242 Posts
    First song using Logic Pro 9 and no physical instruments. Vocals could be better but i learnt a lot from making it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #4779
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Your stuff is good, but a little boring. You've got any friend who plays some instrument you can have in your recordings? The songs are great but just guitar and song is a little thin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #4780
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    I can play a lot of instruments, I choose not to for this.

Think of my songs as sketches. I'll revisit and ink them some day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

21. Post #4781
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I can play a lot of instruments, I choose not to for this.

Think of my songs as sketches. I'll revisit and ink them some day.
    That's precisely how I'd describe them aswell, and if that's what you're going for then keep at it you're doing a really good job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #4782
    February 2011
    247 Posts

Trying out some new bass'es, wondering if i should make a NI Massive preset pack. Would anyone be interested?

EDIT: Now WHAT the fuck did soundcloud do to my track?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #4783
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/jimmyrobot/bas-test

Trying out some new bass'es, wondering if i should make a NI Massive preset pack. Would anyone be interested?

EDIT: Now WHAT the fuck did soundcloud do to my track?
    compressed it too 192kbps.

24. Post #4784
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #4785
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    Been working on concert works for a long while now, so decided to write something more cinematic for fun. Only about a minute and a half now, but if people like it enough I may finish it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #4786
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,019 Posts

27. Post #4787
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    682 Posts
    looking for some feedback
    http://soundcloud.com/sevk/sets/tobetitled/

(starts at the last song when I embed)

28. Post #4788
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    compressed it too 192kbps.
    soundcloud uses 128kbps mp3s

ADVICE: upload 44k wav/flac/aiff to soundcloud for the best quality streaming

29. Post #4789
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Hey guys, I decided to enter a beatport remix contest, because apparently these things helps with recognition.

Please at least click play, the most played ones get the most attention when the voting season comes up.

http://play.beatport.com/contests/jo...ed741120f0c4d1

30. Post #4790

31. Post #4791
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Hey guys, I decided to enter a beatport remix contest, because apparently these things helps with recognition.

Please at least click play, the most played ones get the most attention when the voting season comes up.

http://play.beatport.com/contests/jo...ed741120f0c4d1

I liked it, vocals got drowned in the mix, I was struggling to hear what the actual lyrics were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #4792
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    I liked it, vocals got drowned in the mix, I was struggling to hear what the actual lyrics were.
    I tried my absolute hardest to get the vocals to stand out in the parts they were with the instruments, but I just couldn't find a solution.

33. Post #4793
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,969 Posts
    I tried my absolute hardest to get the vocals to stand out in the parts they were with the instruments, but I just couldn't find a solution.
    You don't need to have everything so loud. It sounds like everything's fighting to be on top. The drums are also being drowned out.

Volume should be organized by priority. If you turn your volume down super super low, you should be able to hear what's important and nothing else.

Everything's there and it sounds great, it just needs some improvements in mixing.

Edited:

looking for some feedback
    http://soundcloud.com/sevk/sets/tobetitled/

(starts at the last song when I embed)
    That sounds like some awesome mellowed out IDM you got going there. It's subtle and retro, so there you go. :3

34. Post #4794
    August 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Sanguine is pretty cool, I just think the drums get kinda annoying after a while, some of the hits could be more subtle.
    Don't know what to say about the other one. It's pretty well made but I don't personally like it.

New one:

Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/wauterboi/composite-as-of-7-24-12

The ending is just kind of whatever atm, but yeah. Eat some 8-Bit Dubsteppy goodness.
    I don't like the part after the drop. It just sounds weird. @0:55 it goes awesome.

I haven't posted anything in here for a while, but I guess I could post two wips:
    Some gorillaz inspired music

and dubstep inspired by iTAL tEK

Edited:

Why does editing break media tags?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #4795
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    579 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #4796
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Hey you guys! I got my first track on beatport!

http://www.beatport.com/track/catfig...al-mix/3677383

RudGR helped me out with this song, and put it on his EP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #4797
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4798
    December 2010
    73 Posts
    Hey guys, I wrote and recorded some songs and I'm curious what people think of them.

Here they are : http://soundcloud.com/surrealreporter/sets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #4799
    May 2007
    938 Posts
    Hey guys, I wrote and recorded some songs and I'm curious what people think of them.

Here they are : http://soundcloud.com/surrealreporter/sets
    I think they sound really cool but that kick on "had to know" is so quiet. Make it louder! The vocals sound pretty bad, I think you should get a better mic. But overall, pretty catchy songs!

Here's a preview of my new track "luckiest strike"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #4800
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,019 Posts