1. Post #4921
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    I love your style. I stalked your soundcloud. If you could make many more tracks like Newdy, I'd buy them all.

I like your progressions a lot as-well. It's hard to critique a song that doesn't sound done though.

Edited:

You are getting better extremely fast! Take down the treble a little, and raise the bass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4922
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #4923
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Dunno what genre this is

My remix of Spectrum by Zedd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4924
    August 2009
    953 Posts
    Love it! a little repetitive though. I feel like you could make it change while keeping the style the same.

Edited:

Needs vocals or something. It has no hook.

Is it getting better or worse? I need to take a break because I've lost my ear for mixing.

It'll still fade at the end, and I definitely need up up the volume of the drums in the intro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #4925
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts
    this is great, but certain aspects need to stand out just a tiny bit more. take the release from the piano, switch it backwards and put it leading up to each piano chord. that way it sounds a little less disjointed and actually swings into the piano chords;

also raise the volume on the prog-house stabs upon the main section. the drums just sound like they take the foreground a bit too much.

i'm not sure if there's a pad in there or not, but it wouldn't help to have one or two lining the background.

also try to take that arp up a little in gain, but not too much more, as it sounds pretty awesome but not noticeable enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4926
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4927
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Love it! a little repetitive though. I feel like you could make it change while keeping the style the same.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I felt the same way. Problem is; the source is also very repetitive and I didn't want to do too much with pitch shifting. I'm just not good enough to integrate that in a coherent way.

I think your mix is getting better by the way, at least that lead you've been messing around with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #4928

December 2011
    784 Posts
    Here's some cool instrumental something I made (and I re-use a guitar riff and drum pattern from an earlier song I made), according to a friend it sounds like testament
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #4929
    Moved in to my own place a week ago and for the first time I have a room to dedicate solely to music production, which means two awesome things. 1. I finally have enough room to have all my gear plugged in at the same time, and 2. I am finally able to invest in acoustic treatment for the room.

Just got it all set up last night and ordered a bunch of acoustic treatment today that should be here next week. I'm stoked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #4930
    DJK
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,764 Posts
    Tried a way different sound than usual with this. I might clean it up a bit because some parts are shoddily done but I'm pretty happy with the result.

11. Post #4931
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    Working into more complex tunings / patterns / guitarplay.

redux

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4932
    November 2011
    727 Posts
    Alright, we've got a new song. Mixing isn't very good because I had to record it with my phone, and it's not finished. But maybe you guys can give some feedback on how it is so far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4933
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,973 Posts
    I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I'M TRASH80.

btw, both of you are amazing. I have no cons, and I swear both of you should be doing some serious stuff on a damn good record label.

14. Post #4934
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

Just remixed/resampled an old song I know best from GTA : VC, a big importance in my younger years, the song fills me with nostalgia the minute I heard it again, so I knew I had to make something of it

15. Post #4935
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts

Just remixed/resampled an old song I know best from GTA : VC, a big importance in my younger years, the song fills me with nostalgia the minute I heard it again, so I knew I had to make something of it

Bass sounds off too me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #4936
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts

a quick sketch, haven't done much to tie it all together or much mixing

17. Post #4937

December 2011
    784 Posts

What is your plan with this sketch? It has too much happening to be ambient I guess but not enough drive or force to be a song on itself, I think you should try and weave a cool melody on top of it right now if you want it to be a song by itself, I could definietly hear the 0:34 to the end as a repeating little thingy in some flashgame though, I like that part! Skip the intro, right now it is the weakest part of this sketch.

My bandmate did not like the last song I made so I decided to do something else with more force and drive and also make it a more conventional song with verse melody and break!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #4938
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    I gotta stop using this arp, but anyway. Was just messing around with FL and I wondered what you lot thought about this.

http://soundcloud.com/bytecry/nice-plucky-thing

I'm just gonna link it. Embedding doesn't seem to want to play it.

19. Post #4939
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    this track is currently not available
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #4940
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    I gotta stop using this arp, but anyway. Was just messing around with FL and I wondered what you lot thought about this.

http://soundcloud.com/bytecry/nice-plucky-thing

I'm just gonna link it. Embedding doesn't seem to want to play it.
    Sounds nice enough. I guess this is in the style of Deadmau5? Pretty apparent use of NeXus though, though this isn't something you should worry about if you're new to music-arrangement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

21. Post #4941
    October 2010
    488 Posts
    I think the kick on the first song should be lower, now it just smashes in the walls and rapes everyone which is a shame because the guitar is pretty cool!

Second song I don't know what to make of really!

Today is good day, I achieved something that my friends say sounds like Testament
    when you say lower do you mean the pitch or the volume?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

22. Post #4942

December 2011
    784 Posts
    volume
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #4943
    August 2012
    155 Posts

Tell me how this little thingy I came up with in FL Studio is. It's my first music ever, so I'm pretty shit at it, but I'm sorta happy with what I have here. I'm going to add onto it of course. I just uploaded it, so it might not work immediately.

24. Post #4944
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,318 Posts

delicious

25. Post #4945
    November 2011
    727 Posts

btw, both of you are amazing. I have no cons, and I swear both of you should be doing some serious stuff on a damn good record label.
    Aw, thanks.

26. Post #4946
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    FILTER EVERYTHING
    THEN YOU WILL TRULY BE

TRASH80

Edited:

LOOK AT THIS FLAC

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #4947
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    682 Posts
    I'm a little hesitant to ask, but would someone who has Reason 6 be willing to export to wav if I sent them my project file?
    I've got the demo version, and it doesn't let me touch anything after closing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #4948
    January 2010
    995 Posts
    My bandmate did not like the last song I made so I decided to do something else with more force and drive and also make it a more conventional song with verse melody and break!

Alright riffs, but the playing was a little sloppy. Particularly noticed the slides between different power chords. The different instruments sat together well in the mix though.

Tell me how this little thingy I came up with in FL Studio is. It's my first music ever, so I'm pretty shit at it, but I'm sorta happy with what I have here. I'm going to add onto it of course. I just uploaded it, so it might not work immediately.
    It's definitely got some rhythm. The start sounds odd, where the acid bass plays, then there's a little bit of silence. Generally, you want to stay away from complete silence in the middle of a track. 25 seconds isn't much to go on, but I say keep going! I'm interested to hear where you take this next.

I've just started to get into music-making again, but realised I'd completely forgotten how to use FL Studio. Before I make some more complex music, I'm making a bit of a Deadmau5 ripoff. WIP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #4949
    November 2009
    1,467 Posts
    Brand New new new

It's called Work

I'm a little hesitant to ask, but would someone who has Reason 6 be willing to export to wav if I sent them my project file?
    I've got the demo version, and it doesn't let me touch anything after closing.
    I have reason 5, idk if I can help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #4950
    August 2012
    155 Posts
    Ok, update on my song! I've given it a name ("Technician"), and added on to it. Tell me what you think.

31. Post #4951
    January 2010
    387 Posts
    Some dark bassy industrial, reminds dubstep a little but not quite completely there hence calling it some dark bassy industrial.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/smile...mo-b01/518571/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #4952
    April 2010
    7,683 Posts
    Some dark bassy industrial, reminds dubstep a little but not quite completely there hence calling it some dark bassy industrial.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/smile...mo-b01/518571/
    The the clicks at the ends of the reverse kicks seem a bit harsh.

33. Post #4953
    January 2010
    387 Posts
    The the clicks at the ends of the reverse kicks seem a bit harsh.
    I plan to make it a combination of precisely those reversed kicks and some lighter normal kicks as the track goes on, hoping its not your average sound architecture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #4954
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts

Doing a tune without using presets. Has silly leads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4955
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts

i like this, it sounds very natural and doesn't have the usual forced-ness i hear from alot of tracks on fp. i'd turn the pads down a little bit and you have yourself a winner

36. Post #4956
    August 2009
    953 Posts

Bluetech/Shpongle-esc. I'm diggin it.

It would be cool to make the leads wobble pitch quickly a few times.

37. Post #4957
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    It would be cool to make the leads wobble pitch quickly a few times.
    I've been meaning to do this, as well as changing the cutoff. I do it by hand for the best results, so I've been postponing it a bit.

38. Post #4958
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

39. Post #4959
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts

Thoughts on this tune? Making a soundtrack for a mechwarrior-ish mech game.

40. Post #4960
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    So I have an amazing idea for a song in my head but there's a sample I need and I can't for the life of me remember where it's from.

It's basically a really, really dramatic choral piece. I believe it's from a film and I think it *may* have been used in a noisia song. The tune goes like this:

Any ideas?

And another question - When using kontakt in FL studio, how do I go about having it only on one channel (so there's only one version running) but use other channels to control the instruments in that one version of kontakt. I hope that made sense.

In a broader explanation - Kontakt is a sampler, and I don't want more than one process of it running on different channels for each individual instrument. So how do I send the midi data from channels to kontakt to play?