1. Post #3521
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3522
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Really fricking cool
    Thanks alot! I really appreciate kindness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3523
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    This is really nicely produced, the synths are top notch and they are mixed together really well. But, there are some little things that I want to nitpick about.
    For example; the random cut at 0:44 isn't really needed, it just throws me off when the same melody comes back. The cut at 1:16 is really off throwing too, there could be a slower fade that then transitions straight into the build up. The pure square synth near the end doesn't really feel like it should be there, maybe it could be a little lower, just adding to the feel a little.
    It is a pretty solid track otherwise, really nice job!

I, myself have been playing around with this little thing called "otomata". It's a fun tool to mess around with. http://www.earslap.com/projectslab/otomata
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #3524
    May 2010
    744 Posts
    More than awesome. Kruma, I think you have gained a competitor right here (just kidding on the last part)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3525
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    More than awesome. Kruma, I think you have gained a competitor right here (just kidding on the last part)
    aw fuck you got me happy then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #3526
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,251 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #3527
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Is the "voice/shout" every half-step annoying?

Contemplating whether or not to incorporate something like that into this drop:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3528
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    I'd really like to do dubstep, but I am not very good at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

9. Post #3529
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    I'd really like to do dubstep, but I am not very good at it.
    Practise your ass off then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #3530
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    The synth is kinda, sharp and chaotic. I like a a smooth bass myself. But the production is great and it's pretty unique with the synths.

11. Post #3531
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3532
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Creepy.

13. Post #3533
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,502 Posts
    Little song I'm working on called Fire on Clingmans Dome

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #3534
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts

A new project I'm working on, I'll make an intro soon lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #3535
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51779039/06_2.wav C&c please, the melody sounds too familiar, I think I copied something without realizing

16. Post #3536
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #3537
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    How do you get so good at synth making? Seriously every time I try to make good synths they end up sounding cheap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3538
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,609 Posts
    I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cover some Linkin Park now.
    I've alway liked their instrumentals more though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

19. Post #3539
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    How do you get so good at synth making? Seriously every time I try to make good synths they end up sounding cheap.
    Keep trying and experimenting, it's the only way.

20. Post #3540
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,719 Posts
    What do you guys think of this? I made it a long time ago but decided it wasn't up to standards, though now I feel it could be better but maybe it's just missing something. A heavier drop perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

21. Post #3541
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    -nvm it was my computer-

22. Post #3542
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,181 Posts
    What do you guys think of this? I made it a long time ago but decided it wasn't up to standards, though now I feel it could be better but maybe it's just missing something. A heavier drop perhaps?
    Piano and drums are nice.

Not feeling the reese at all though, don't like those high frequencies.. can't explain it but the sound in general is not great. Could do with a more classical detuned saw, chorussed type thing in my mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #3543

24. Post #3544

December 2011
    724 Posts
    this is now obsolete sorry for taking time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #3545
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    What does fp think of it? C&c please, what can I do to change up the -drop- part?

26. Post #3546

December 2011
    724 Posts
    What does fp think of it? C&c please, what can I do to change up the electro part?
    What do you mean with electro part isnt all electro?
    I think in start needs more wobbly end and also through whole first part it is sort of empty now and takes too long for it to kick in, melody I think sounds nice and if you combine first and second part with wobbly end and melody it can be good thing

I amped up song today and made faster better and also twiddled with tone on guitar now is more like other song that I made called Drive Baby, Drive (if you remember maybe not) it is almost same sort of song straight ahead and now I just need vocals and also guitar solo on top of it to make cherry.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #3547
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts

Worked on it a little more, focused more on the non-complextro parts, tell me what you guys think please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

28. Post #3548
    July 2010
    306 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #3549
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    You might want to lower the volume of the bass, it muffles everything else behind it.

Edited:

I amped up song today and made faster better and also twiddled with tone on guitar now is more like other song that I made called Drive Baby, Drive (if you remember maybe not) it is almost same sort of song straight ahead and now I just need vocals and also guitar solo on top of it to make cherry.

It sounds really great, I like the crispy guitar sound and drums are excellent. The structure seems to be little too hasty tho, unless thats a intro

Edited:

I like it, it's really creepy. The percussion (or whatever that noise is) is kinda fast compared to the rest

Edited:

I've been listening to some circus records stuff from 2008-2010 lately and tried to create something like it. It's surprisingly hard to make those high "doctor p" synths so I made some noise instead.

Edited:

Everyone also ignored this :(

30. Post #3550
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    i like it a lot. sweet synthline and awesome beats. i think it would sound great if after that quieter section you brought it back with some orgasm inducing bass and harmonies

31. Post #3551
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Is this any good? I tried make good electro house.
    Sorry, it gets pretty repetitive
    I did changes

32. Post #3552
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #3553
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    An old midi track I made some years ago. Redid it with freshened sound.
    Goal was to make a cheesy intro tune for some cheesy show.

"Hearts Among The Stars"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

34. Post #3554

December 2011
    724 Posts
    It sounds really great, I like the crispy guitar sound and drums are excellent. The structure seems to be little too hasty tho, unless thats a intro
    Thank you for saying these kind words, I think hasty structure has been switched now in song that I will post (it is same song but I twiddled around with dynamics and things like that)

Idea behind song is fast and hard and almost sound like it is about to break down but hopefully now you will find song sound a little more not hasty.

I like thing you made with omata it has nice melody and only thing that needs added now is more wobbly wobble and also maybe make melody a bit faster to work with kicking drums?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

35. Post #3555
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Not sure how well this drop flows, hopefully if it does I plan on finishing/releasing a full track tomorrow:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #3556
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    Not sure how well this drop flows, hopefully if it does I plan on finishing/releasing a full track tomorrow:

Maybe add like an extreme reverb on the last note of the house synth, and then when it quietens, then bring in the epic complextro, this is obviously great fucking work (which is to be expected from you)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3557
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,251 Posts
    Thank you for saying these kind words, I think hasty structure has been switched now in song that I will post (it is same song but I twiddled around with dynamics and things like that)

Idea behind song is fast and hard and almost sound like it is about to break down but hopefully now you will find song sound a little more not hasty.

I like thing you made with omata it has nice melody and only thing that needs added now is more wobbly wobble and also maybe make melody a bit faster to work with kicking drums?
    work on the drum compression a little bit, it seems to be busting out through everything else. the lead sounds like a crackly mess too, but the bass is sounding really nice and the compositioning is wonderful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #3558
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts

39. Post #3559
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    There are always a couple things with your tracks. Your structure is really random, they seem to go at halftime dubstep and then switch back and then some breakdown at some completely random spot. That's something that really gets me.

On the composition side, you should really make a more discernible melody. i mean I get that it's complextro blah blah blah banging on 2 notes with 12 different synths, but you might want to pay a little more attention to it. This is no biggie, just a sidenote. The bigger problem here is how repetitive it gets. Like, you play 4 different notes through the whole song. Okay, that's fine with the complextro part, but try to to vary it a little in the breakdown, make some lead melody, something cool to catch your ear.

On the mixing and synth side, this is what really gets me. Obviously you are new at this, but anyway: You have some problems with the volume levels between your synths. Some are very loud, while others seem a lot more quiet. Same goes for the way how some are ultrawide stereowise and others are centred. The synths themselves get a little fatiguing. They are either kind of muddy or with too much high end so they kinda pierce. And that big one that starts each phrase really seems to bring everything else down, it just takes over the whole track compared to the others. You could also add some pad or something underneath it, just drums and a synth gets kinda boring.

The drums in your song are usually ok. I would turn down the decay a little to make some snare hits shorter especially, they seem to splash a little too much for this high bpm. And you could always add some crispy percussion, since everything seems to be in the mud when the complextro section plays.

I listened to this with my shitty headphones, so if I'm TOTALLY off on some of the mixing things you should ignore it, but most of this should still stand true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #3560
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events