1. Post #1
    April 2010
    3,907 Posts
    I facepalm when ever I think of how the great Nazi war machine was defeated. I know some Nazis where evil and the genocide they caused was horrible. But the German people's ability to create a near unstoppable war machine was just awesome. Some times I wish I could just go back in time, kill Hitler, and take over. I would then use my common sense (Hitler was crazy and delusional) to guide the Nazi war machine to success.

Does anyone feel the same? Do you ever get the urge to fix the mistakes the Nazis made which lead to their defeat?

All that being said, do you think a fourth Reich starting in Argentina would be a good concept story for a video game? The game would be set in the fifties and sixties so you would get some newer weapons instead of the old, crappy, and tiring WW II weapons.

Posted by: General Noobus
    Hitler's intentions for his country were good, but the way he went about achieving them was just wrong.

Still, you have to admire the way he took Germany out of the dirt and transformed it into a formidable force in such a short time.
    That's exactly how I feel. I just disagree with their genocide and racism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 101Agree x 10Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Bad Spelling x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    247 Posts
    You are so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 75Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,613 Posts
    Basically you are saying you would glady commit genocide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 20Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    2,068 Posts
    You are so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,303 Posts
    Hitler was a smart man, just insane in most places...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 51Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    1,434 Posts
    Hitler got rejected from an art school twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 39Agree x 14Artistic x 11Funny x 7Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2007
    624 Posts
    I met a man who said that Hitler was awesome, that his one mistake was getting into war with America.

I then facepalmed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    That takes some serious skill.

Or lack thereof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Hitler was a smart man deluded by dumb ideals. I think if Germany had a better leader during that period then the Nazis would still remain a powerful military force.
    I don't approve of the genocide but a smart leader could use the army in a better way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,935 Posts
    what a quality thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    3,907 Posts
    Basically you are saying you would glady commit genocide
    No, I just want command of the German military forces. I would avoid pissing off the United States and the Russian winter among other military blunders.

I wouldn't support the genocide at all though. At least treat the jews more humanely so the Nazis don't look evil in the eyes of the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,437 Posts
    Goddammit so many dumb posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    God damn it, so many dumb posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,418 Posts
    No, I just want command of the German military forces. I would avoid pissing off the United States and the Russian winter among other military blunders.

I wouldn't support the genocide at all though. At least treat the jews more humanely so the Nazis don't look evil in the eyes of the world.
    You'd need to be unhealthily audacious for the leader of a country to even get as far as Russia. Hitler was already playing dice when he annexed Austria, and much more so when he invaded Czechoslovakia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    Hitler was borderline retarded, having been rejected from art school twice and winning the victories he got simply because he was either kicking someone who was already on the ground or stupidly lucky.

As evidenced by his brilliant strategic ideas, like trying to attack the Soviet Union in the midst of a particularly brutal Russian winter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2009
    22,698 Posts
    His works were actually amazing. I would of thought he would of got accepted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,418 Posts
    You cannot be the leader of a country unified against others by their hate, anger and displease, controlling a war machine created for the purpose of gaining Lebensraum, while being a good person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    February 2009
    22,698 Posts
    His Ideals were stupid, but other than that Hitler was a pretty good leader in my opinion.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts

Hitler's sketch. Fairly average, not horrible. It lacks refinement and originality.

VS.

Otto Dix (Same time period as Hitler)

In short, Hitler was an alright artist, however compared to many of his competitors for entrance in Vienna he fell noticeably short.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    If he redid his priorities, taking over one country at a time and waiting to kill people once he completely took over europe. He probably would have been successful.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,418 Posts
    His Ideals were stupid, but other than that Hitler was a pretty good leader in my opinion.
    I don't speak German so I can't compare his speeches to anyone else's adequately, but your "other than that" certainly doesn't apply to his figure. He doesn't have the form of a leader.

22. Post #22
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    That takes some serious skill.

Or lack thereof.
    Hitler's shit
    i'd say they're far from shit

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,116 Posts
    I believe it had to do with an inability to draw faces well.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    They're okay, but they're rather lacking in comparison to most artists of the day. They're good reproductions of (most) of his subjects, but they're rather bland. It's like the pictures they sell at stores like Ross: they're OK paintings, but it's not like you'd see them in an art museum or something.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,811 Posts
    Hitler sucks.

Stop trying to be the cool cat amongst your 12 year old friends in Tennessee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2010
    7,902 Posts
    In short, Hitler was an alright artist, however compared to many of his competitors for entrance in Vienna he fell noticeably short.
    Ironically, it was Hitler's art that sucked Dix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    2,421 Posts
    The Soviets would have steamrolled Germany either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    I dont think so, compare the casualities of the soviets to the nazis, The soviets were completely unorganized in the beginning and the winter was the only thing that saved them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    2,421 Posts
    I dont think so, compare the casualities of the soviets to the nazis, The soviets were completely unorganized in the beginning and the winter was the only thing that saved them.
    true, but they had sheer numbers and like you said they were initially unorganized but over time they pretty much frightened everyone including their "allies".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,973 Posts
    I facepalm when ever I think of how the great Nazi war machine was defeated. I know some Nazis where evil and the genocide they caused was horrible.
    I know some Nazis where evil and the genocide they caused was horrible.
    I know some Nazis where evil
    :geno:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2010
    1,243 Posts
    Dammit, everyone is misunderstanding the OP. OP is pondering what a force the 3rd Reich could be if he became leader and STOPPED all the genocide and stupid Hitler shit from ever occurring, however, I think that if the Nazi's hadn't gone to war with half the fucking countries on earth then they would have become too powerful, developing the atomic weapon first while the US sat with it's horrible pre-war military, and i don't know what become of the USSR, maybe them and the US would actually be friends?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,973 Posts
    Dammit, everyone is misunderstanding the OP. OP is pondering what a force the 3rd Reich could be if he became leader and STOPPED all the genocide and stupid Hitler shit from ever occurring, however, I think that if the Nazi's hadn't gone to war with half the fucking countries on earth then they would have become too powerful, developing the atomic weapon first while the US sat with it's horrible pre-war military, and i don't know what become of the USSR, maybe them and the US would actually be friends?
    The USSR and US wouldn't of been friends. See Red Scares of the 1920s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    i think the better post would be

why isn't this in fast threads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    February 2009
    22,698 Posts
    I don't speak German so I can't compare his speeches to anyone else's adequately, but your "other than that" certainly doesn't apply to his figure. He doesn't have the form of a leader.
    He could get thousands of people to be quiet in under a minute. He inspired a whole nation. Yeah. He was a pretty good speaker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    March 2010
    4,223 Posts
    Are you Indian by any chance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2009
    22,698 Posts
    Hitler actually realized this. He originally wanted to conquer Europe and then invade Russia. But things didn't turn out as planned.

Edited:

Are you Indian by any chance?
    If you're talking to me, no.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,279 Posts
    i don't admire fascism but okay

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,811 Posts
    The USSR and US wouldn't of been friends. See Red Scares of the 1920s.
    Fucking McCarthy all his fault.

39. Post #39
    February 2009
    22,698 Posts
    Not all Nazis were evil. The majority were, but some realized the fatal attraction of Hitler.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    the op is fucking retarded holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)