1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts

UPDATE: The upload was successful! Unfortunately I had to scale up the lightmaps and lower the resolution of model textures in order to fit the apparent file size limit of 50 megabytes. I don't think you'll notice it though...haha

Here's the download link:

Thanks for all your support over the last few months!!

comments criticism blah blah blah

here is a panoramic shot that magicman1234 made:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/adventure_time.swf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic x 70Mapping King x 6Winner x 4Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2009
    533 Posts
    This is awesome, downloading now. Thank you for doing something this awesome brerben.

Dammit, File's being mirrored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Motherfu- this is some good shit!

Edited:

File's been mirrored though so it's not downloadable yet D:

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    Motherfu- this is some good shit!

Edited:

File's been mirrored though so it's not downloadable yet D:
    Excuse my ignorance on such things, but does that mean it will be downloadable? Or is it broken? haha I thought the upload process = the mirror process
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,149 Posts
    Server nao.

We need private tours of this thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,268 Posts
    I can't download. "File is being mirrored. Try again later."

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    I know, I'm trying to fix this problem...

I'll try re-uploading it. Apparently it's been "mirroring" for 7 hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2005
    76 Posts
    Might want to think about uploading to filefront as a mirror in case it happens again.

9. Post #9

June 2010
    6 Posts
    BIG File not Found on Garrysmod?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,241 Posts
    file not found :kratos:

11. Post #11
    June 2010
    152 Posts
    Awwww,Great map tho, Would love to try it, I love florida, and the amusement parks there!

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    I'm uploading the map to FPSBanana since garrysmod.org isn't working. Just wait a little while and I'll have the download link.

13. Post #13
    June 2010
    152 Posts
    Could you update us with how much done uploading it will be before we can use it, Because alot of people might want to know when they will be able too, too.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    Could you update us with how much done uploading it will be before we can use it, Because alot of people might want to know when they will be able too, too.
    I have been working for HOURS today on finding out what is causing the upload issue.

Please bear with me.

I believe the program called PAKRAT that I am using on the gm_adventurers.bsp file is causing the garrysmod.org AND FPSbanana upload scanners to mess up.

15. Post #15
    June 2010
    152 Posts
    I was just saying, didn't mean to be mean in any way, just asking. And also try to use megaupload, Probably will fix it?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    FPSbanana isn't working either...

If anyone can help with this map upload issue, please come to this thread I made in the garrysmod.org section of the forum:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=957642

17. Post #17
    NeuroTec Vehicles
    August 2006
    2,307 Posts
    Holy shit this map looks awesome.

18. Post #18
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    1,577 Posts
    Sir, you are one of the best mappers I know :o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,241 Posts
    try filesmelt brerben

20. Post #20
    February 2008
    526 Posts
    Wow... so much custom stuff... it looks beautiful.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Why don't you try mediafire?

22. Post #22

June 2010
    6 Posts
    Just got back... Do we have a successful download available? I love Sheila's voice for Babs in the video, by the way!

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    try filesmelt brerben
    Why don't you try mediafire?
    I want other gmod players (who have never seen this thread before) to be able to download the map when it's done.

If it's on some random file-sharing site, then only people who see this thread will know that it's up for download.

Know what I mean?

P.S. I am having to strip a little content from the map in order for the upload to work.......not big content, but really just making things a little less resolution, using higher lightmap scales, etc.

Garrysmod.org "says" that you can upload things greater than 50 megabytes. HOWEVER I have been uploading a few test maps that were over and under the 50 megabyte mark, and I have come to the conclusion that things over 50 megabytes give me the "500 Internal Server Error"

long story short: give me a few hours to straighten things up and the download will be ready.

24. Post #24
    July 2005
    76 Posts
    Maybe your ISP has a 50 meg upload limit or something.

25. Post #25
    January 2005
    42 Posts
    Looks like everyone is having that issue with garrysmod.org right now. Why not just upload to a random filesharing website for now, then upload to garrysmod.org when it's fixed?

This map looks really nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    I want other gmod players (who have never seen this thread before) to be able to download the map when it's done.

If it's on some random file-sharing site, then only people who see this thread will know that it's up for download.

Know what I mean?

P.S. I am having to strip a little content from the map in order for the upload to work.......not big content, but really just making things a little less resolution, using higher lightmap scales, etc.

Garrysmod.org "says" that you can upload things greater than 50 megabytes. HOWEVER I have been uploading a few test maps that were over and under the 50 megabyte mark, and I have come to the conclusion that things over 50 megabytes give me the "500 Internal Server Error"

long story short: give me a few hours to straighten things up and the download will be ready.
    Well i upload all of my release files for models from mediafire and no one complain about it. And still downloading from it too. Plus, medtia fire can upload quite a bit.

27. Post #27

April 2009
    4 Posts
    you can always upload the file on some other site and put a text file with a link on garrysmog.org

28. Post #28
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    1,577 Posts
    Also, I think people can't wait for a reupload.

29. Post #29

June 2010
    6 Posts
    I'll be tickled to get whatever is uploadable, but I'd also love to see the full res. Maybe I can mail you $10 for the map on a cd?

Edited:

Oh! Also, never having worked with garrysmod: what do I need to own / download from where to view the map? I've used a bunch of VR viewers. but GM is based on a Blizzard engine, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    June 2010
    152 Posts
    No, Its based off of the source engine, not any other engine.

31. Post #31

June 2010
    6 Posts
    Well, I Wiki'd & partially answered my own question. I now have Half-Life 2 installing on my Mac from the Steam site... Then what?

Edited:

Just saw your post, Sam, thanks! So assuming we can download the map, do I have what I need now, or do I need something more?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    Hey guys, I am having one of my friends TRY to upload the file for me. He lives in the UK so he may have a better connection to garrysmod.org than I do (assuming my upload problems were caused by a bad connection to the garrysmod.org server).

I haven't forgot about you guys

33. Post #33

June 2010
    6 Posts
    We're anxious - but VERY grateful! No worries!

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,808 Posts
    Let's hope this works...

35. Post #35
    June 2010
    152 Posts
    Yes, do not jinx it please XD, well lets just hope it goes smoothly. and how long do you think it will take for him to put the map up.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,149 Posts
    This map is amazing.

I was one of his "map checkers" and the little touches on it just make it wonderful.

You do not BELIEVE what this thing looks like in "person".

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    Holy crap I remember this project! You've done amazingly so far!

38. Post #38
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Hey guys, I am having one of my friends TRY to upload the file for me. He lives in the UK so he may have a better connection to garrysmod.org than I do (assuming my upload problems were caused by a bad connection to the garrysmod.org server).

I haven't forgot about you guys
    If you're being limited by filesize why not remove all the content you pakratted and just upload it as a seperate download.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    349 Posts
    If you're being limited by filesize why not remove all the content you pakratted and just upload it as a seperate download.
    UPDATE: The upload was successful! Unfortunately I had to scale up the lightmaps and lower the resolution of model textures in order to fit the apparent file size limit of 50 megabytes. I don't think you'll notice it though...haha

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    Very nice map. Love the detail. Also Garry... your file size limit is really lame. Should be like 500MB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)