1. Post #321
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Not be a nag or anything but since portal 2 is out are we going to expect work to slow down a bit or not?

2. Post #322
    February 2007
    78 Posts
    Portal is overrated, lol.

Although if I'm slowed down from a game, it would be from a different game. :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Any more news on the upcoming models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    October 2008
    126 Posts
    wow those models looks gode i cant wait to play with them
    gmod needs more anime models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #325
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    wow those models looks gode i cant wait to play with them
    gmod needs more anime models
    Yeah agreed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Oh, does anyone here know if there are any models of Youmu or Sanae?

7. Post #327
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I have been outside 4 days for holidays, sorry about the inconveniences.

About Portal 2, only a very little bit. Is a great game, but doesnt affect the work.

XenoAisam help me fixing the Ran model. Now i'm working in their mouth, because it got screwed.

I saw some models, but i dont think port them. I have too much models to fix and prepare. Sorry.

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Any news involving Ran as of now?

9. Post #329
    March 2011
    36 Posts
    I've never thought there was a thread like this on facepunch. This is good news for me.

I'm start learning both GMOD and MMD one month ago and film some Touhou x Team Fortress 2 video.

This is what I'm working with at the moment.

There are 3 more video about this story in my channel if you interested.

I've some problem to continue this video. So I wander around google and bam! found this thread.
    God bless me today and I'm happy.

My problem is the last video is gonna be a fight scene and It's too much confuse since I've to put MMD on the top layer of video what I've to do is film GMOD first then put MMD on them. It's hard to imagine character from MMD touch or punch them in GMOD without seeing them.

It could be good if I've both model in MMD or in GMOD so I can film a fight scene more effective.
    I try to contact people who port TF2 model to MMD, but didn't get an answer yet.

seriously have to subscribe this thread this is where I should be. ^ ^
    My video in video thread is going down so quick since it weaboo people not interest in them.
    I hope you guys like my video and don't hate me.
    And Apologize for my poor English.

Have to type it again. I'm Happy !!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Oh god, you made a good video (the only thing that showed that Reimu isnt on GMOD was the "faceposing", the amazing physics and the slow movement).

The Touhou Fortress team (a.k.a. TF2 touhou) lost their modeler, and their models are unable to decompile (their mesh get destroyed, i tried it some months ago, so much before discover MMD).

About the progress, only this:

Got rid of the polygonal aspect, but i broke a bit the face (especially their mouth).

I decided got the recent Patchouli model (despite is a ugly model), and ill talk with MarioKart64n, because their reply didnt came to me.

While i wait these models, ill fix the made ones.

11. Post #331
    March 2011
    36 Posts
    I don't know if you heard about this, but TF2 touhou team gonna redo every model for TF2.

This is their forum need to register first. Then go to "MikoSpark's Concept Art" thread.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Touhou_F...php?act=SC&c=1

12. Post #332
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    The concept art looks good, but the people want the "original" Touhou looking, not a TF2 style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #333
    March 2011
    36 Posts
    add some color to this thread with my crappy MMD works.

14. Post #334
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Is good for made yourself. But i prefer this (not Touhou related):

15. Post #335
    October 2008
    126 Posts
    haha lol

16. Post #336
    March 2011
    36 Posts
    I've watch that one before It really fun yet I prefer this one :

17. Post #337
    October 2008
    126 Posts
    wtf O_O

18. Post #338
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Is good for made yourself. But i prefer this (not Touhou related):

Heheh...Anyway how are you doing?

19. Post #339
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Little update:

I did a head hack with the original model to fix the problem. But now i dont know why the model looks polygonal if in Max is correct (and yes, i checked that option at export).

Is not a hell rig this model, IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE, even with physique.

Thats the reason about why it takes so long finish this model.

And while, MarioKart64n continues without giving any reply and the creator of the Patchouli not uploaded the HD version (that im starting thinking that it will be a pay version).

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    One question: Could it be possible to have small, semi-constant releases? (like, have the first few models released before moving on)

21. Post #341
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Its a possibility. I could release the finished models (that dont have faceposing) and continue working in the remaining.

Ill talk about it with the rest of the team.

22. Post #342
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Double post granted:

After a meeting with the team, we decided accept the requests of being releasing the finished models while we working on the remaining.

So, i decided remake the finished models for make it better. For the moment, Flandre looks better (no longer problems with the textures), and the rigging promises being better, specially the skirt, that it will use jigglebones (thanks SkyNinja for the suggestion. After test it in the Remilia model, it looked very good, and decided apply it on all the models).

At the moment, i cant take a photo of her (continues making textures) and the render doesnt look "at all" their aspect in-game.

I found a tutorial about Faceposing. The first tests looked me that is something very easy to do.

And well, i dont know if is a very good idea say it, but we have a "new member": Plasma HeadcrabD. At the moment he only will make the Mokou (Sister Red Huziwara) model:

He will not start working on her until he finish their map (OC_nacht_der_untoten), that looks incredible and promises a good gameplay.

And for last, with the help (yes, AGAIN) of XenoAisam, i could fixed her head:

http://gyazo.com/c508b8317309e6a236f0f9a96dfbe2f6

(Old image. I have fixed in MAX the hat and the hair. Didnt exported it yet because im remaking the physique of the head).

23. Post #343
    August 2008
    107 Posts
    although i hate touhou, i still help it because my love of anime~

heh~

24. Post #344
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    although i hate touhou, i still help it because i'm an expert modeler
    [/trollface]
    FIXED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Any news on the models?

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,942 Posts
    Are there any max files of these touhou models? I'd love to do an animation.

27. Post #347
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Didnt worked so much on the remake of Flandre and Ran (only advanced rigging it).

Hmm, there isnt .Max files, but why you ask it? I would appreciate a bit of help (Vaust is the only member of the team that reply my email, and said to me that hes very busy in real life, so im alone at the moment).

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,942 Posts
    "I'd love to do an animation. " The don't have to be .max. They can be anything that can import into max. OJB, DAE, FBX, 3DS, etc.

29. Post #349
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    "I'd love to do an animation. " The don't have to be .max. They can be anything that can import into max. OJB, DAE, FBX, 3DS, etc.
    Nope, only exist a tool, that ill publish when ill finish the models.

30. Post #350
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    This should be related with what you guys have been working on here.

I'm working on the Patchikomas from that new EDF clone that Twilight Frontier made, DynaMarisa 3D. Gotta work on the physics a bit (and tweak the environment maps, phong, etc.), then it should be ready for release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    April 2010
    266 Posts

I'm working on the Patchikomas from that new EDF clone that Twilight Frontier made, DynaMarisa 3D. Gotta work on the physics a bit (and tweak the environment maps, phong, etc.), then it should be ready for release.
    that is impressive

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts

Are there any plans for releasing Marisa's weapons?

33. Post #353
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    Are there any plans for releasing Marisa's weapons?
    Most likely, yes. The main thing is that I'd have to recolour the models manually. The Patchikomas and weaponry seem to use vertex colours in-game, for example, which is kinda odd.

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,942 Posts
    I've wait... RTB? as in Random Talking Bush from Spriters Resource?

<---- Azu

Anyway, I've found some MQO models and a converter for 3ds max, if your interested. However, the models do need work.

35. Post #355
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    I've wait... RTB? as in Random Talking Bush from Spriters Resource?

<---- Azu

Anyway, I've found some MQO models and a converter for 3ds max, if your interested. However, the models do need work.
    Yeah, I am the same RTB from The Spriters Resource.

36. Post #356
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Interesting, good job.

EDIT: Why my flag is the European Union instead of the Spanish one???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Breaking news!!!

First flexes of faceposing. Dont know why "smile" doesnt work (lol). Its so easy to do (more even than make jigglebones).

Rigging is finished (but i have a weird problem, some vertices are attached to another links, and i cant detach them, so you can see a part of the arm moving with the wing, for example). The movement of the skirt is very good (again, thanks Skyninja for suggest use jigglebones). Eyeposing is not ready yet, but i think that it will not suppose much time do it.

If for the afternoon of tommorrow i can fix that weird error, it could be start the tests in GMOD and OC (and yes, finally, the release of the model).

SO, if you want accelerate the release, try get all the info about Physique modifier, and try to get a fix to my problem.

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Breaking news!!!

First flexes of faceposing. Dont know why "smile" doesnt work (lol). Its so easy to do (more even than make jigglebones).

Rigging is finished (but i have a weird problem, some vertices are attached to another links, and i cant detach them, so you can see a part of the arm moving with the wing, for example). The movement of the skirt is very good (again, thanks Skyninja for suggest use jigglebones). Eyeposing is not ready yet, but i think that it will not suppose much time do it.

If for the afternoon of tommorrow i can fix that weird error, it could be start the tests in GMOD and OC (and yes, finally, the release of the model).

SO, if you want accelerate the release, try get all the info about Physique modifier, and try to get a fix to my problem.
    Are there any plans for a public release for Flandre prior to the full Touhou pack?

39. Post #359
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Sure. In fact, i had to be released her the saturday. But then i discovered a problem with some verts and forced me fixing her. Also, im trying to get good looking the hands (it can be get weird at some poses).

About the polygonal aspect, is fixed now. Im looking about how to make eye posing.

And well, i tested her in OC, but not in GMOD (i have to make all the thing to get her working XD).

I dont want give a day released because i have irregulars hours at working on this, making me finish this before the end of the week or not.

Anyway, ill say "Coming Soon".

40. Post #360
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Maestro...125?tab=public

Needs a bit of fixes, but in general is done (didnt wanted post the image, because maybe is too big).