1. Post #1
    June 2010
    3,925 Posts
    A few things:

The Guild Wars community sucks. It's small (the PvE portion, at least), nobody really does the quests anymore, half the people in a town are AFK (seriously, it's fucking ridiculous how many AFK people there are), and overall the game is MUCH less fun than it was when it was first released.

So now, I offer that Facepunch forms a guild (or just friend each other), and we play GW the old-fashioned way. I was thinking that maybe we could all start out with new characters and level up together. If nobody wants to do this, we could just use the characters we already have, but my guess would be that our levels would vary too much for anyone to do anything together.

Anyone interested just add 'Derp Ieatdurcookie'.

If you don't have Guild Wars, It's on sale for $20 on Steam right now, so go get it.

Current list of FPers playing (FP account name - Steam account now - Guild Wars main character name, level, classes):

Code:
    Skynrdfan2 - boomheadshot100 - Derp Ieatdurcookie, level 11 Ranger/Monk
    Code:
    Anthophobian - 100Michael - Zenia Aran, level 20 Warrior/Dervish
    Code:
    Mikkel49 - the_bulletproof - Legendary sabotage, level 20 Ritualist/Mesmer
    Code:
    GhostG45 - GhostG45 - Revans Apprentice, level 20 Warrior/Monk
    Code:
    Kronos Zul - N/A - Gimmie a Banquet, level 9 Elementalist/Monk

Alt account - level 20 Warrior/Something
    Code:
    Grasp - Grasp - Kasha Bloodletter, Level 20 Necromancer/Assasin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2010
    2,723 Posts
    Everyone has always been afk in Guild Wars. I'd imagine there are some people who are still afk from when the game was released. It's started to die after GW2 was announced, and I, personally, can't be assed to get the titles or anymore unique weapons or armor.

Though, with only a few people from facepunch a good pve or pvp team can be made. Now that I think of it.. I wonder what new builds there are...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts
    Fuck yes, I'm up for this. Abroad at the moment but I'll add you as soon as I get back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malta Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2010
    2,723 Posts
    Oh god, mesmer buff. Imma be playing tomorrow. If anyone's interested my main is "The God Who Rocks." I have a monk to level that I'd be more than happy to help people with.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,913 Posts
    I have a level 20 ranger, but this game started to incredibly bore me a while back after I beat it.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,476 Posts
    <Ferenc Liszt

7. Post #7

August 2008
    201 Posts
    guild wars facepunch guild?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2009
    7,555 Posts
    ProWaffle posted:
    How about you guys make a Steam group so we can talk and post announcements and ideas? I'm banned from Facepunch at the moment. I've just bought the game, and I'm certainly willing to help you guys. Here's my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ProWaffle

9. Post #9
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,012 Posts
    I'm up for playing some GW.

10. Post #10
    January 2010
    2,667 Posts
    if GW wasnt shit now i would but its a shell of its former self

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    1,901 Posts

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,708 Posts
    I only have prophecies, don't have the cash on me to buy the trilogy at the moment

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    830 Posts
    The game went to shit after prophecies anyhow.

I think I'll fire up my old bonder monk. That was by far my favorite healing class in any game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2008
    753 Posts
    The game went to shit after prophecies anyhow.

I think I'll fire up my old bonder monk. That was by far my favorite healing class in any game.
    Nightfall was much better than any of the other campaigns. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2010
    2,667 Posts
    Nightfall was much better than any of the other campaigns. :colbert:
    no... no it wasnt. prophecies was amazing factions wa sok and nightfall was bad

eotn was shit too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    2,723 Posts
    prophecies had a good campaign, factions had a great atmosphere, nightfall introduced the wonderful hero system, and EotN finally introduced the dungeon system(and with it the items).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    Yeah I was able to squeeze some fun out of all of them before the pve was pretty much abandoned.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,913 Posts
    nightfall introduced the wonderful hero system
    I wouldn't have minded if they made the heroes only useable in their respective continent, because now there's hardly any reason to do the missions in Prophecies or Factions with players except for the later harder ones.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,158 Posts
    I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. It's just so fucking boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #20
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    I wouldn't have minded if they made the heroes only useable in their respective continent, because now there's hardly any reason to do the missions in Prophecies or Factions with players except for the later harder ones.
    People can solo the harder ones now.

Edited:

I'm thinking of making a Ritualist, does anyone wanna make a Factions character, they level pretty fast in Factions.
    Nevermind, apparently my account has been permanently blocked.
    Jesus christ, apparently my gmail got accessed by China.

21. Post #21
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    If there was a Guild I would join it...

Main character: Element Spirits

I have really bad internet right now, so I can't go on (mainly to play events or get bday presents) but maybe soon I can do it...

I own all four things, too (Proph, Factions, Nightfall, EotN) so if you ever see me on, just hit me up and I'd be cool with it =D

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    735 Posts
    I'm down for this, but I lost my steam password and the password recovery thing doesn't work for some god damn reason. :argh:

Edited:

<---Main Character name

23. Post #23

August 2008
    201 Posts
    so how many ppl we got?

24. Post #24
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    June 2007
    1,661 Posts
    I'd be up for playing some. Got all 3 games but never finished any of them, furthest I got was the dwarf place in prophecies. Didn't like Nightfall or Factions that much, the fact that you were lvl 16 before you left tutorial island in Nightfall was just stupid. I'd like to play some prophecies (either new char or continuing)

25. Post #25
    I still have the game (not installed, unfortunately) and would be willing to play. I actually own a Guild with a Cape and a Hall, though it's not called Facepunch, obviously. It might be a good way of getting everyone together, though...

26. Post #26
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I would love to help out. I've been wanting to get back into it but I have few people left that still play the game and don't just grind.

My main account is "Revans Apprentice," but I'm hoping to perfect some other professions because Warrior isn't that great to me anymore.

Oh, and I'm leader of a guild called the "Random Beating Service," that we could use (Even though it's not called Facepunch.), or as a way of just getting people together before we form the new one. But yeah, I'm totally up for this.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,708 Posts
    Reinstalling Propechies right now. I'd be willing to do a run through it since sadly enough I never actually beat the game. Which is weird considering I have a lv 20 Ranger on the Ring of Fire, a 20 monk that was supposed to be my 55 (popular back then) and a 20 warrior who was my first character,which had around 250 hours played on him.

Yet I never beat the main story :(

What the fack, I can't login.. I don't have one of these NCsoft master accounts either, I signed up when you used your email to login.. for some reason the password won't work

schenanigans..

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    804 Posts
    Im trying to get my account back with proph on it.I will join the clan or befriend anyone i think im lvl 17 im not sure,it's been 2 years lol.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    735 Posts
    I've got a level 20 ranger in Droks, a Warrior who's beaten Prophecies, Factions, and Eotn , but has only just started on Nightfall.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    315 Posts
    prophecies had a good campaign, factions had a great atmosphere, nightfall introduced the wonderful hero system, and EotN finally introduced the dungeon system(and with it the items).
    The hero system killed the entire game. Literally.

Also I'm up for this, I'm off WoW until Cataclysm comes out. IGN is Jade Danothe.

31. Post #31
    IGN is Matthias the Ranger. (Don't ask.) I'm creating a new character, a Monk to be named Postman Manman, to get myself acclimated with the game again. Seriously, I don't know what half the junk in my Xunlai chest even does.

By the way, my guild is the Onomatopoeia guild. Join up, if you want. I have a Guild Hall (which is unfortunately empty at the moment) and a cape, so it's a start.

32. Post #32
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I kind of feel like the OP has deserted us...

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    583 Posts
    I would but I only have original and I may not play it that often.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Sounds fun, I don't know if I would be part of the guild or not. I've been playing it for the past month on and off (bought the Trilogy pack then) so the game isn't stale for me, PvE would be fun.

"Neurario Meepstone", I haven't completed Prophecies yet but I'm real close to Ascension. Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you guys ingame. :-)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    583 Posts
    Sounds fun, I don't know if I would be part of the guild or not. I've been playing it for the past month on and off (bought the Trilogy pack then) so the game isn't stale for me, PvE would be fun.

"Neurario Meepstone", I haven't completed Prophecies yet but I'm real close to Ascension. Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you guys ingame. :-)
    Strong tip for ascension, don't bring any skills but heal. Atleast that was how it was when I played in 7th grade.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Strong tip for ascension, don't bring any skills but heal. Atleast that was how it was when I played in 7th grade.
    The group of friends I play with has a dedicated monk, I'm R/Mo and the other of us is a Me/Mo I believe, but thanks for the tip. :)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,708 Posts
    Apparently I had to make NCsoft master account to get my thing back, so I did.

Then they email back telling me to make another because I'm under 18. Why the hell does it matter if I'm under 18?! All of their games are rated T...

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    583 Posts
    The group of friends I play with has a dedicated monk, I'm R/Mo and the other of us is a Me/Mo I believe, but thanks for the tip. :)
    -snip-
    I will let you find it out incase you don't want me spoiling a small fact.

39. Post #39
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,012 Posts
    IGN is Matthias the Ranger. (Don't ask.) I'm creating a new character, a Monk to be named Postman Manman, to get myself acclimated with the game again. Seriously, I don't know what half the junk in my Xunlai chest even does.

By the way, my guild is the Onomatopoeia guild. Join up, if you want. I have a Guild Hall (which is unfortunately empty at the moment) and a cape, so it's a start.
    No, pick mine! The Heavy Petter guild. Has a hall, too.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,913 Posts
    So does anyone want to play? I can hop in game right now if anyone wants to play. I have finished prophecies, and factions, but not nightfall or EOTN on this character, and I don't remember half the things in those missions so it should be good.