1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    The title where you need to level in pre-ascalon to 20 is much more medal worthy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    good god, legendary survivor, you deserve a medal
    If you farm it using Kilroy's punchout it takes you less than 10 hours. A friend of mine did it in 8 hours and 47 minutes using scrolls. When you "die" in the punchout you are merely knocked out as long as you can spam the everlasting fuck out of a button for 10 seconds. Macros and such work for this, so you are, in essence, invincible.

Leg survivor really isn't that difficult to obtain as long as you play carefully and avoid PUGs. It's just time and money consuming. You either buy scrolls and farm it with the punchout, or you capture every elite you can access, possibly avoiding certain elementalist and ritualist bosses due to their ability to spike for upward of 400-500 damage on casters that aren't using shield sets.

how does one come about getting prestige armor?
    Elite armor is generally speaking a cosmetic upgrade. Max armor is max armor. It doesn't matter if you are in Sunspear, Elite Sunspear, Vabbian, or Obsidian. So if you wish to purchase it, make sure it is not for anything other than cosmetic reasons. It provides no gameplay benefit.

In prophecies the two places to buy elite armor are Mahran's Grotto, and Granite Citadel. In factions you can buy Elite Kurzick at Vasburg Armory after completing the Eternal Grove, Elite Luxon in the Leviathan Pits after completing Gyala Hatchery, and Elite Canthan after completing factions. In nightfall you may purchase Elite Sunspear armor in the Command Post after completing the quests to get the NPCs there, or by having someone who has completed those quests bring you into the Command Post. You may purchase Vabbian Armor in the Kodash Bazaar, Ancient Armor in the Bone Palace, and Primeval armor after completion of Nightfall. Norn Armor is available in Gunnars Hold, Asuran Armor in Rata Sum, Vanguard Armor in Eye of the North outpost, and the Dwarven Armor is available in the Central Transfer Chamber. Furthermore the core Obsidian Armor, or Fissure/FOW armor is available in the Fissure of Woe after the completion of some repeatable quests there.

Elite armor costs 15,000 to craft per piece. Exceptions to this are the tattoos for the monk, and the scar pattern for the necromancer which cost 8,000 due to their heavy requirements on rare materials. Eye of the North armors all cost 10,000 per piece as well if memory serves. The other exception is Vabbian Armor which costs 5,000 per piece, but requires Rubies and Sapphires which make it the second most expensive set in the game.

Some professions do not have elite head pieces for certain sets.

In total, it will cost around 60,000 - 150,000 gold to craft a set of normal prestige armor depending on the availability of materials. Vabbian and Obsidian are much more expensive. At 7,000 per ecto, Obsidian armor is around 840,000 for just the ectos, let alone shards, other materials and the 75,000 for crafting.

For more information see http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor. The links on the right hand side will take you to renders of all the armor arts for a specific profession.

Forgot to mention that ancient armor is 10,000 per piece as well, though most of it requires Elonian Leather which makes up for it.

3. Post #163
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    As Zephyrs said, Legendary survivor really isn't the biggest achievement. It's probably one of the easiest titles to max (not counting things like 'finish all the missions') if you really put your mind to it. But I disagree on the cost thing, I actually made a decent amount of money in the time it too me. Kilroy's in hard mode always paid for itself (I used the 10 minute 2x experience scrolls) with more to spare. But since the only thing that's really left in GW is helping friends and maxing titles, I figure getting this one is a good start.
    Lum1naire is right. The 'Legendary Defender of Ascalon' is likely one of the most time consuming titles in the game. It's not difficult, but you have to devote ridiculous amounts of time to get it. I wouldn't ever do it because it would put strain on my computer running GW pretty much 24/7.

It's funny, because I hate all of the Obsidian armor. It just seems so ugly, and plain to me.

Edit:
    Sorry FPGuildies, Imma join another guild. But if anyone needs any help or anything, message me on Gateguard Jeken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    Fair enough I guess. The scrolls were selling for many times their sell value at the merchant shortly after EotN was released because of everyone farming the title. If you sell the unIDed golds and booze, you will probably break even or make a modest profit these days.

I do agree to a certain extent about the FOW armor looking less than amazing. I like the Dervish set, especially the hood, since it is one of the few dervish armors that lacks extra frills without being plain. It looks serious with all the leather ties, wrist guards, and such, rather than ornamental. I will say that it is a pain in the ass to dye it though. It has a charcoal spotted pattern on it that destroys any light color.

Generally speaking there are better looking armors available than the obsidian, and it really isn't that hard to farm the materials these days so the prestige is a moot point.

5. Post #165
    November 2008
    753 Posts
    In my opinion, the only half decent looking obsidian armor is the ritualist version. Even then, the ritualist Ancient armor looks much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    The rit armor looks ridiculous, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Anyone for tea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    I really want to get back into this game but I don't feel I can unless NC Soft stops being completely retarded and gives me access to my account. I've given them my Factions/Nightfall pre-order CD keys, my actual CD keys for the products, my email, my address, my physical address. They still won't allow me into my own fucking account.

8. Post #168
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Wow that's stupid.

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Anyways I got access to my account but not my Master Account. My name is Necrious Atah, I'm looking for a few people to finish the last four missions in Prophecies.

10. Post #170
    July 2009
    1,136 Posts
    I would love to do this, though after hearing about guild wars 2, Guild Wars seems hollow. It's unfortunate, really.

11. Post #171
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    I found a pretty cool Kurzick guild that's just starting up, if anyone wants an invite.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    you buy it

13. Post #173
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_armor

14. Post #174
    July 2009
    1,901 Posts

how much is this biznez worth

15. Post #175
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    It's a fairly generic skin, so the item is not worth much. Probably worth more if you pull the mods off. The 20% enchantment mod is worth a couple plat, and the perfect guided by fate inscription may be worth a plat or two if you stand around in town long enough. Elemental mods aren't worth more than 500 gold. 1 plat if someone is desperate.

You might be able to sell it as is for about 5kish, but most people will just want the enchanting mod. I'd suggest selling the enchant mod for 5k and let yourself get "haggled" to 4.5k if someone presses for 4k. You could get more, but it really isn't worth the time.

edit:

I can salvage stuff for you as well. I only have a 32% chance of breaking stuff due to wisdom/luck titles.

edit:

So I decided to screw around in RA for a bit with my tried and true friend Shock Axe. It still remains the most vanilla, yet universal melee bar in the game.

I play a few rounds and do OK before getting back into the swing of things. On my sixth round (2nd team) right off the back I get attacked by an assassin. Why the fuck an assassin decided to attack a warrior and not the monk is beyond me, especially since he wasn't using elemental weapons (vampiric).

Anyways, I saw him starting a generic chain, and decided to shock him to the ground, interrupting his dual attack and destroying his chain. I hit frenzy since nobody else was near me and he was on is ass for 3 seconds unable to move. He got up and hit dash and started to run away. I'm rusty as hell so I didn't rush instantly, so it took me about 5 seconds to catch him. I bull's striked his candy ass back to the ground where it belonged and hit frenzy again, since he was again disabled with nobody else attacking me, got up enough adrenaline and eviscerated him followed by body blow. At this point he started to get up so I disrupting chopped him (cause shock was not quite done recharging), and caught shadow refuge disabling it for an additional 20 seconds. Then I shocked him again and finished him off.

Feels good man.

I love shock axe. For those of you who don't know what shock axe is, here's a link. http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:W/E_Shock_Axe It is one of the best warrior builds for general pvp use in the game, and has been run for years now.

Now admittedly, after doing 2 shocks in about 12 seconds I had about 4 energy left, so I couldn't pull the same shenanigans for about 45 seconds more, even if the opportunity presented itself. Hell I couldn't even use frenzy at that point without switching to a +5 energy weapon. Don't let the exhaustion fool you though, shock is amazing. It's an interrupt if you need it to be, it's a snare, it gives you a 6 second knocklock after a successful bull's to beat the snot out of someone, it's shock and it's fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    735 Posts
    Normal mode or Hard mode?

I usually get 2 level ups in a hardmode run. I'm less than 200k experience until Legendary Survivor.
    Normal, because my Paragon just got to Eotn.

Edited:

Code:
    PsYchOsIs - p5ych0515 (Neu) - Neurario Meepstone, level 20 Ranger/Monk
    I play him with a group of friends, doing a mission or two every couple of days. Up to Ice Caves of Sorrow now, normal mode.
    And yeah, only two months old.

picture

Also, Skynrdfan3, I think I've seen your main somewhere before.
    For the love of god, add me.
    My ranger is stuck on Ice caves of Sorrow, because of that damn Evenia. I got to the end of the mission and she ran back and attacked the Mursaat. :argh:

Edited:

My Ranger is Narious Drache.

17. Post #177
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    My alliance and I just did Urgoz' Warren for the first time (my first time, some of the other did it before). I was the tank as my Assassin and I did fairly well. Tank isn't as great since the Shadow Form rebalance, but...

18. Post #178
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    Normal, because my Paragon just got to Eotn.

Edited:

For the love of god, add me.
    My ranger is stuck on Ice caves of Sorrow, because of that damn Evenia. I got to the end of the mission and she ran back and attacked the Mursaat. :argh:

Edited:

My Ranger is Narious Drache.
    I am willing to assist with Ice Caves. All of my characters are infused so it's very easy. Before infusion, the bonus on that mission can be painful. Outside of the bonus though, you should only have to fight 2 or 3 Mursatt Elementalists at the very end of the mission, so spectral agony shouldn't be that much of a problem.

edit:

Current characters that I am on if I am playing:
    Double Derv Dare (Main) (Primary running character)
    Spike The Holywater
    Mistress Mirazhe
    Zephyr Stride

Just add Double Derv Dare to your friends and give me a yell when I'm on. If I don't respond right away I'm afk and will get back in about 15 minutes usually.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    lot's of words
    oh nice, if I ever get back my account I'll run that warrior build. I don't have any expansions so should be good. Well, except for that one EoTN skill...

20. Post #180
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    oh nice, if I ever get back my account I'll run that warrior build. I don't have any expansions so should be good. Well, except for that one EoTN skill...
    Executioner's Strike works as well. It's just not quite as good. It isn't as spammable, and it lacks the conditional deepwound. The extra deepwound will rarely come into play, but it's still nice to have. At the standard attribute spread body blow deals the same bonus damage with any weapon for less adrenaline, and has a free bonus.

I run 12+1+1 axe, 12+2 strength, Sentinel's insignia on the armor with a stonefist on my hands (hands get hit the least so the armor is less important). If I trust my monk (not RA), I may run with 15 or even 16 axe. Warriors are really the only class that can get away with that because 116 armor against pretty much everything lets you just shrug off anything but concentrated fire.

You want 14 strength because with 13 if you get weakness you will loose your extra 20 armor against elemental damage due to weakness decreasing your attributes by 1.

21. Post #181

August 2008
    201 Posts
    i really just wanna finish the missions, in nightfall and eotn, but damn i have so many games to play

22. Post #182
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    My guild leader got us kicked out of the alliance for 'making bad jokes'. I am sad now, and might leave the guild to join one of the alliance guilds.

23. Post #183
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    Bad jokes like did you hear the one about the really high wall? Well I can't tell you. You'd never get over it, or bad jokes as in racial/sexist slurs?

In other news, my lvl 5 runner now has a Tyrian exploration title. :smug:

24. Post #184
    May 2010
    2,011 Posts
    If someone needs help just add me and I can help when am online, got various good level 20 chars, all campaigns completed, too, so anything in HM is possible too, can also solo some shit in missions if you so wish.

Main char(ish): Koko The Dervish

25. Post #185
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Bad jokes like did you hear the one about the really high wall? Well I can't tell you. You'd never get over it, or bad jokes as in racial/sexist slurs?

In other news, my lvl 5 runner now has a Tyrian exploration title. :smug:
    I wasn't there, so I don't know, but likely the latter. He seems like the guy to do that.

Also, grats, that's an interesting combination

26. Post #186
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    Oh yeah. Anyone willing to do Shards of Orr in Hard Mode? I need Shards of Orr, Vloxen Excavations, and Secret Lair of the Snowmen :laugh: in HM on my Dervish.

I'm thinking typical discord BS with my derv running Mel and multiple PBAOE holy spells. Worked pretty well for H&Hing it in normal mode. I hate fendi though. That fight just isn't fun. It isn't particularly difficult if you pull him around in circles, but it's just another boss with loldamage and stupid amounts of health. On top of that, he has respawning minions that can AOE spike your group, and heroes like to bunch.

With asuran scan and aura of holy might I can practically kill him by myself in 3 cycles (hit in the 300s easily), but the fight just manages to piss me off every single time.

27. Post #187
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    . . . but it's just another boss with loldamage and stupid amounts of health. On top of that, he has respawning minions that can AOE spike your group, and heroes like to bunch.
    Urgoz! :argh:

Exactly what it sounds like.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    355 Posts
    Can you guys help? I haven't been on Guild Wars for about 6 months or so and I think my email was either one thing or another because I cant remember if I updated the email or not. I go to reset password but then that just doesnt resend it to either emails. Please help.

29. Post #189
    October 2008
    288 Posts
    Can you guys help? I haven't been on Guild Wars for about 6 months or so and I think my email was either one thing or another because I cant remember if I updated the email or not. I go to reset password but then that just doesnt resend it to either emails. Please help.
    Exact same thing here bud.

30. Post #190

August 2008
    201 Posts
    god this is fuckin pissing me off, so Im a dervish trying to get through the nightfall storyline, and Im stuck on some stupid mission, so I go look up some pve builds and most of em say go get an avatar, so I try to go get an avatar of lyssa, wtf, she attacks and there goes like 3 of my guys. What the fuck am I supposed to do

Edit: Im wondering what I should do, better armor and if so where to go?, maybe you guys know a good build that has worked for you?

31. Post #191
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    Contact support. They will probably ask for your CD keys. If you can remember any characters on your account that might help.

Urgoz! :argh:

Exactly what it sounds like.
    Urgoz at least hits single targets. Chilblains, desecrate enchantments, and Feast of Corruption. Prot's just get eaten. Shit, frostmaws burrows is easier, and that has wurm bile which does 800 damage per target if it doesn't get removed.

god this is fuckin pissing me off, so Im a dervish trying to get through the nightfall storyline, and Im stuck on some stupid mission, so I go look up some pve builds and most of em say go get an avatar, so I try to go get an avatar of lyssa, wtf, she attacks and there goes like 3 of my guys. What the fuck am I supposed to do

Edit: Im wondering what I should do, better armor and if so where to go?, maybe you guys know a good build that has worked for you?
    You are going to have to be more specific than that. We have no idea what mission you are referring to, or what build you are talking about. Avatars are pretty meh when you can abuse Asuran Scan and Aura of Holy Might to hit for 300 damage.

EDIT:

You also haven't provided any character names so we can't contact you in game.

32. Post #192

August 2008
    201 Posts

You are going to have to be more specific than that. We have no idea what mission you are referring to, or what build you are talking about. Avatars are pretty meh when you can abuse Asuran Scan and Aura of Holy Might to hit for 300 damage.

EDIT:

You also haven't provided any character names so we can't contact you in game.

Mission im stuck in: Rilohn Refuge
    Yea but asuran scan from what I saw was an eotn skill all i got are prophecies and nightfall.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    355 Posts
    Do names have to have 2 names in them if that's so its probably the character name I need to check.

-Seems yes they do. Tomorrow I'll try and use the double names I can think of.

34. Post #194
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    (Redacted), im in the fp guild
    Mission im stuck in: Rilohn Refuge
    Yea but asuran scan from what I saw was an eotn skill all i got are prophecies and nightfall.
    Alright. Added you. I can go over some basic dervish builds when I see you.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    Contact support. They will probably ask for your CD keys. If you can remember any characters on your account that might help.

I unfortunately had a horrible experience with the support where they made me create a NCsoft master account

why the fuck do I have to create another one because I'm under 18? all your games are rated T what the hell

sure i'll just ask my mom to make one cool

Edited:

I know I should of lied and put 19 or something anyways, I always do, but I figured it wouldn't matter this one time...

36. Post #196
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    To be honest, I don't see that as that big of an inconvenience, but to each their own. It takes 5 minutes, and if you are using your spam email, why do you care?

The master account is required for some of the online store purchases for crap in the game. Originally it wasn't important, but it is essentially required for purchasing stuff through the store. Having a separate Guild Wars account, with its own in game store account, and then trying to merge those with a master account was a bit of a fiasco since I couldn't remember the credentials for the store account. (Had to do this for the bonus 4th year storage slot)

If you are just creating the account it shouldn't be a real problem, unless you are missing credentials, in which case, recovering them and then merging afterward would be easier, unless they aren't letting you do that. I'm not entirely sure what you are getting hung up on since this didn't happen to me.

I had to send in my keys. It took a while to get everything straightened out, but it wasn't like they were asshats about it. Security is security. They have to know you are who you claim you are. People are idiots and give out their passwords, hell.. I've even had people tell me their account keys back when I was an admin/super officer for my old alliance.

Are they passing the buck with endless form letters or what?

Also. Does anyone else use TexMod? I don't know how people live without the fixed adrenaline indicators, spirit radar, and the default hero flags. There's dozen of cosmetic things, but those fix so many of my complaints with the default UI.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    well the weirder thing in my case is

my account is tied to a different NCsoft master account. Yeah somebody got their hands on it god knows how.

38. Post #198
    October 2008
    288 Posts
    Ahh forgot characters have to have two names. That's why I couldn't log in!
    Anyway in now and collected birthday presents. Got one orange and one purple!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    351 Posts
    Also. Does anyone else use TexMod? I don't know how people live without the fixed adrenaline indicators, spirit radar, and the default hero flags. There's dozen of cosmetic things, but those fix so many of my complaints with the default UI.
    I've tried to use it, but it never seemed to do anything, at least, nothing noticeable. Maybe it's about time I tried it again.

I stopped using it in the end because since it was about two or three years old now...? That it wasn't compatible in some way, even though I have a DX9-compatible machine. Maybe now that I've formatted recently, things are different.

Any particular mods you could recommend besides the ones you mentioned?

40. Post #200
    July 2010
    4,194 Posts
    If you are working on cartrography, you may want the cartography made easy one. http://www.mediafire.com/?k50zdqnehwn

The enhanced adrenaline display. If you play a warrior, or a paragon this makes your life so much easier. http://rapidshare.com/files/44097501/adrenaline.tpf

Enhanced Hero Flags http://rapidshare.com/files/47919039/heroflags_v5.tpf

The minimalist spirit radar. This just adds a spirit rage ring on your compass. http://www.chaos-rising.com/stuff/th...piritRadar.tpf

I also run with a health mod that adds lines on all health bars at 25, 50, 75%.

I used to run with an enhanced critical hit notice, but don't use it anymore.

As for cosmetic things

I run with black paragon wings. They stand out better and look better. http://www.box.net/shared/a673x8fva5

I use the old whirlwind attack icon. The new one just doesn't compare. http://www.box.net/shared/g7z5g0hbxh

Some people use the high resolution skill icons, but some of them weren't formatted entirely correctly, and many of them use older/alternate icons, which can throw you off slightly.

I don't use this, but I find it amusing. Xunlai Weighted Companion Chest. http://www.mediafire.com/?nm3intyl3dt