1. Post #1321
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    75k give or take 10 is fairly standard for moas. You can get all of the items needed for the moa by yourself in under three hours though. After that it's just leeching into sorrows furnace with someone who has the final assault active.

Also, buying Tengu Support Flares. One ecto each.

2. Post #1322
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    Is it bad that I have been playing this game for years and have never even seen an ecto or done any of those shiny amazing dungeons?

Anyways, currently levelling a Ritualist, an Elementalist, and a Ranger, had a mass character delete after I came back from a break and only left my 20 Assassin, Dervish and Warrior alive.

3. Post #1323
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Is it bad that I have been playing this game for years and have never even seen an ecto or done any of those shiny amazing dungeons?

Anyways, currently levelling a Ritualist, an Elementalist, and a Ranger, had a mass character delete after I came back from a break and only left my 20 Assassin, Dervish and Warrior alive.
    Both of these can do FoW speed runs, and that's easier than most missions, tbh.

4. Post #1324
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,447 Posts
    75k give or take 10 is fairly standard for moas. You can get all of the items needed for the moa by yourself in under three hours though. After that it's just leeching into sorrows furnace with someone who has the final assault active.

Also, buying Tengu Support Flares. One ecto each.
    I think I've got 4. Hit me up when I'm in game.

5. Post #1325
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    I've never even attempted one, the only thing I ever did besides missions and quests was running people from Augury Rock to their mission destinations

6. Post #1326
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    I like how you highlight 100b and vos for fowsc, but not the assassin

7. Post #1327
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    Terra roles aren't as much of a faceroll. Manly spiker is press t then mash 12345, and collect your end chest. Someone who has no experience in those areas is going to get lost because the terra roles all require extensive solo splitting, and at least some knowledge of the objectives you are trying to complete. It's not a great place to start. A spiker just follows the main team.

8. Post #1328
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    FoW is pretty adorable unless you have to tank, and then it's slightly less adorable.

9. Post #1329
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    Terra roles aren't as much of a faceroll. Manly spiker is press t then mash 12345, and collect your end chest. Someone who has no experience in those areas is going to get lost because the terra roles all require extensive solo splitting, and at least some knowledge of the objectives you are trying to complete. It's not a great place to start. A spiker just follows the main team.

(I've never learned much of MMO/GuildWars jargon so this is all technobabble to me vv)

10. Post #1330
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts

(I've never learned much of MMO/GuildWars jargon so this is all technobabble to me vv)

Technobabble
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1331
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts

Speed clears are just optimized team builds designed to clear a specific area as fast as possible while maintaining a high rate of success. They usually contain several people running shadow form who split off solo to complete objectives in remote locations while skipping unnecessary foes. The term terra comes from the fact that most of the generic bars consist of the earth magic skill sliver armor. It is used because it can deal hundreds of damage per second when you have enough enemies attacking you.

Some more optimized bars like rangers with whirling defense do not use sliver armor, but terra just stuck as a name for the same reason any shorthand sticks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,447 Posts
    I never realized how boring HM Prophecies can be when you're alone.

13. Post #1333
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Spent 20 minutes doing Infusion just because I wanted my boots infused. Win.

14. Post #1334
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    Spent 20 minutes doing Infusion just because I wanted my boots infused. Win.
    I got my pumpkin head infused ;x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1335
    BAR
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    443 Posts
    Can you put insignias on armour which has a rune on?

16. Post #1336
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,141 Posts
    Yes

17. Post #1337
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    I've been testing out this R/any build and it isn't the best, as there is no res/heal/sprint but if you're just focused on getting something done it works for PvE.

18. Post #1338
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,452 Posts
    Ahh the Eternal Grove, just as much a pain as it was years ago. Managed to get to the last of the afflicted bosses and then it just all fell apart due to the elementalists smacking the tree singers. Going be trying again soon.
    I used myself as a spirit spammer, and a ritualist hero as a supporting spirit user (the various healing/defensive spirits). Then the rest of my heroes were the usual core that I use (interrupt/dazer, panic mesmer, two minion bombers/one bomber and an elementalist, a protection monk, and a healing monk.) Worked out fairly well.

19. Post #1339
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    Can you put insignias on armour which has a rune on?
    Yes. Do note that some insignias have greater benefits on certain pieces of armor, whereas runes are a fixed benefit. Most insignias stack, most runes do not.

I've been testing out this R/any build and it isn't the best, as there is no res/heal/sprint but if you're just focused on getting something done it works for PvE.
    Try this. Daggers are overpowered.

20. Post #1340
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    826 Posts
    I've never really played this game right. I haven't completed Factions or Nightfall, and it sucks that I can't seem to solo it. I've only been to FoW and UW once, and it failed half-way through. Wish I could find active people who'll help me know really what the hell I'm doing half the time! Was hoping to get some HoM stuff for GW2, only got like, 9 points ._.

21. Post #1341
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,934 Posts
    I've never really played this game right. I haven't completed Factions or Nightfall, and it sucks that I can't seem to solo it. I've only been to FoW and UW once, and it failed half-way through. Wish I could find active people who'll help me know really what the hell I'm doing half the time! Was hoping to get some HoM stuff for GW2, only got like, 9 points ._.
    If you need any help with anything you can add me on Steam. I can help with missions.

22. Post #1342
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,499 Posts
    recently got back into this game, i am trying to get bonus (protector title?) for all elona missions.

23. Post #1343
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Trying to get my Tyrian Explorer title, only 80% done so far, I haaate exploring Shiverpeaks because Ice Imps rape my ranger. If anyone is trying to get Tyrian Protector, add Hilltop Ranger because I need to do bonuses and I don't particularly want to just use heroes.

Also, need cash because it costs 60k for Elite Armour from Granite Citadel - anyone got an easy way to get that?

24. Post #1344
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,447 Posts
    Trying to get my Tyrian Explorer title, only 80% done so far, I haaate exploring Shiverpeaks because Ice Imps rape my ranger. If anyone is trying to get Tyrian Protector, add Hilltop Ranger because I need to do bonuses and I don't particularly want to just use heroes.

Also, need cash because it costs 60k for Elite Armour from Granite Citadel - anyone got an easy way to get that?
    I'm completing Prophecies missions on HM, I'm currently on Bloodstone Fen, if you want to hop in and you've got a decent build, add me. IGN: Corin the Wise.

I might be on later tonight.

25. Post #1345
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    Just use shadow form for running around on a ranger.

Dwarven stability, natural sride, shroud and shadow form are the 4 core skills. Everything else is optional. Dash, IAU, death's charge, and heart of shadow are excellent optionals.

26. Post #1346
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,321 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but Shiro is the worth kind of motherfucker to fight no matter how prepared you are. Managed to barely slide by with him on Nightfall, but Factions is just smashing my face into a meat grinder.

In other news, I got my first mini (Siege Turtle). I'm content c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1347
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Let's turn this into a minipet thread :D Here are all mine in my bank.

Also have a these on a guy in Pre-Searing:

And an Everlasting Master of Whispers tonic and Keiran Thackeray tonic. (Before you comment on that R/A build Dodge is temporary while I work through Nightfall.)

28. Post #1348
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but Shiro is the worth kind of motherfucker to fight no matter how prepared you are. Managed to barely slide by with him on Nightfall, but Factions is just smashing my face into a meat grinder.

In other news, I got my first mini (Siege Turtle). I'm content c:
    I can run imperial sanctum if needed. It takes about 1:05-1:15 on average.

Use texmod. It will make your life easier when trying to get cartographer.

29. Post #1349
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts

Never liked mini's much, but they start piling up after the years

30. Post #1350
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    Dear god Shiro is easy when using a Shadowsong and Dissonance spirit

31. Post #1351
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,321 Posts
    I can run imperial sanctum if needed. It takes about 1:05-1:15 on average.
    Perhaps later. Doing Proph quests for now. Hopefully it'll carry me halfway to Legendary Survivor (I'm already a third of the way in).

Edited:

Dear god Shiro is easy when using a Shadowsong and Dissonance spirit
    Guess I'll have to bring a Rit hero some time. I'm bad at being a Warrior and need 3 Healers.

32. Post #1352
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    I was digging through some old crap I had buried in an external and found an old backup of some bookmarks. I found this among them.

33. Post #1353
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,447 Posts
    I was digging through some old crap I had buried in an external and found an old backup of some bookmarks. I found this among them.

Hah, I remember hearing this a long while back!

34. Post #1354
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    What are good ways to make money in GW nowadays?

35. Post #1355
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,447 Posts
    Playing the game, picking up all loot, selling it.

Festival Items--- These are a great way to make come extra cash, there's almost always buyers for those party/sweet/alcoholic items.

Farming--- Not really my favorite, but if you're dedicated, you can make a ton of money by farming UW.

36. Post #1356
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    i still have a stack of those trick-or-treat bags, i recall someone saying these sell for quite a bit?

And I think there's a special item drop weekend on atm, but it's four leaf clovers and shamrock ale only AFAIK

37. Post #1357
    July 2010
    4,192 Posts
    If all you care about is consistent reliable cash, DoA is the best answer. You can farm materials to make an easy 10k an hour, but nothing beats DoA unless you have the resources to engage in high end power trades, or can compete in high end gvg. It's easily 100k an hour if you are doing back to back runs with solid people.

i still have a stack of those trick-or-treat bags, i recall someone saying these sell for quite a bit?

And I think there's a special item drop weekend on atm, but it's four leaf clovers and shamrock ale only AFAIK
    ToT stacks are worth around 30k now I think. They always plummet around Halloween and slowly crawl up constantly for the rest of the year.

38. Post #1358
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,321 Posts
    I don't care what anyone says, UW is hard as a motherfucker. FoW is easier, if not tedious. I just wish I wasn't so cautious of other players to actually join them on runs and shit. A few unpleasant events and Survivor resets later has made me more reliant on Heroes instead of players. It would make Hard Mode EotN/Nightfall areas tons easier since I don't have to manually position my party to stay behind, then come up when the enemies start nuking me.

Farming rep is the biggest pain in my rear.

39. Post #1359
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    FoW speed clear is pretty easy, as a main team caster anyways. As terra 1 I usually get 3-4 shards in 30 minutes. Plus one more from the chest, and two golds and another random item. So about 20-30k in 30 minutes.

Plus I got a 30 ecto sword not too long ago. I usually just do a run or two when I need some cash.

40. Post #1360
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,321 Posts
    Oh yeah, I managed a Celestial Axe from a FoW chest once. I'm not specced into Axe Mastery, so it sits in my chest since it's the coolest fucking weapon I have. But yes, FoW is super easy money granted you don't fuck up at all during the run. That griffon quest royally screws me over since the damn things are stupid and the Skeletal Icehands/Etherbreakers ruin them fast.