1. Post #1481
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    My IGN is "Glent Sharpstring", but I don't really have anything I can offer you in return, I think.
    Oh I don't mind.

2. Post #1482

May 2006
    9,040 Posts
    So would anyone be interested in doing a run through of the campaigns at some point? I still need to Master 4 missions in Factions, and actually finish the rest.

3. Post #1483

December 2011
    606 Posts
    I could tag along NF or EOTN with one of my alts, they need heroes.

Got ele, warrior, ranger, ritualist and monk roughly at same point (lvl 20 ascended with couple heroes).

4. Post #1484
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    What quantities of gems were sold in the gem shop? I know 1800 was around $25 or something, and I was wondering about how much the other amounts were in cash.

Edited:

Ahh shit, wrong thread, and I cant edit posts on my phone.

5. Post #1485
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Is it worth buying GW1 at the moment?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1486
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    18,011 Posts
    It's still a very fun and enjoyable game, although a lot of areas are forsaken.
    You can still find a party for nearly every mission but you probably need to be in a PvE guild to achieve that.

7. Post #1487
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,243 Posts
    only if you don't mind playing alone a lot. the game's pretty dead at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #1488
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Worth it if you plan to play GW2, the game will be pretty much dead after that, with people only playing GW1 to get the rewards for GW2

Edited:

Tried some of the end game PvE content. Bloody hard. What kind of setup is common? I run with 2 mesmers, 1 minion master/healer, 1 SS necro, 2 spirit spammers, 1 smite monk and a prot rit. Managed to do some of the Nightfall stuff, but wiped on the Foundry.

9. Post #1489

December 2011
    606 Posts

10. Post #1490
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    Hopefully you have some friends you can play with. If you do, and you'll be dedicated to playing it, then absolutely. It's a fun game with a pretty good story (in Prophecies, anyway) that unfortunately has nearly died in the PvE (player v. environment) area, but the PvP area is still fairly active. Expect a few towns to be ghost towns when you play story mode if you're outside the main cities.

11. Post #1491
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Did you not read my post? That's literally my setup.

12. Post #1492

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Did you not read my post? That's literally my setup.
    Hmmm, not really. Not literally by any stretch of the imagination.

Sure, 2 mesmers could mean anything, I'll give you that.
    But "minion master/healer" =/= Aotl-prot necro. Sure, it is close, but not same thing (heal=/=prot).
    There is no SS in the build i posted. Pain of disenchantment is much more useful with heroes, since hero ai tends to use SS in awkward situations. Also the one in build I posted focuses on healing, rather than curses at all. SS just is not viable, since everyone dies so fast, there is no real tank and ai scatters in hm.
    Spirit spammers are all the same, that's true. But almost everyone runs at least one rit spamming spirits.
    Smiter is same too, most likely.
    I can't see the point with having prot ritualist in that build, but its up to you and all.

I don't know which role you are filling, but generally it's better to give heroes the "hard" job of interrupting and choosing targets for panic and everything. Same goes for heals and minion master, since they can target minions with ease.

I don't know what role you are filling in that, but I've been able to pretty much faceroll my way through hard mode, FoW and dungeons with that build. I've been playing assassin, mostly spamming jagged>fox>death if i feel like it, otherwise just walking the heroes around. If you intend to go "more" end game than that (harder elite missions like uw), then you are most likely going to need more specialized build and/or consumables.

Yeah, maybe half of the build is same. But if it was literally the same then 3 year old could guide heroes through any campaign, as long as one doesn't pull everything at once.

13. Post #1493
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Prophecy, nightfall and such, are they in the same server/world?

14. Post #1494
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    Prophecy, nightfall and such, are they in the same server/world?
    Every campaign takes place in it's own world/continent/map, but you can travel between them freely as long as you have the necessary game. So if you have both prophecy and factions, and you're a factions character, you can freely travel to Lion's Arch in Prophecies if you reach Kaineng City, and travel back to Kaineng from LA. You have to do a quest or two first, I think, but that's it.

15. Post #1495
    November 2009
    1,481 Posts
    This is what people think the map looks like when all the continents are put together

So they are all part of the same world but arent acessable without putchase.

16. Post #1496
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    I am gonna try the free trial now. Is it limited in any way?

17. Post #1497

December 2011
    606 Posts
    10 hours or 2 weeks, iirc.

It's pretty short.

18. Post #1498
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    I am gonna try the free trial now. Is it limited in any way?
    Cant talk, cant make a pvp character, 10 hour limit, cant trade.

19. Post #1499
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Hmmm, not really. Not literally by any stretch of the imagination.

Sure, 2 mesmers could mean anything, I'll give you that.
    But "minion master/healer" =/= Aotl-prot necro. Sure, it is close, but not same thing (heal=/=prot).
    There is no SS in the build i posted. Pain of disenchantment is much more useful with heroes, since hero ai tends to use SS in awkward situations. Also the one in build I posted focuses on healing, rather than curses at all. SS just is not viable, since everyone dies so fast, there is no real tank and ai scatters in hm.
    Spirit spammers are all the same, that's true. But almost everyone runs at least one rit spamming spirits.
    Smiter is same too, most likely.
    I can't see the point with having prot ritualist in that build, but its up to you and all.

I don't know which role you are filling, but generally it's better to give heroes the "hard" job of interrupting and choosing targets for panic and everything. Same goes for heals and minion master, since they can target minions with ease.

I don't know what role you are filling in that, but I've been able to pretty much faceroll my way through hard mode, FoW and dungeons with that build. I've been playing assassin, mostly spamming jagged>fox>death if i feel like it, otherwise just walking the heroes around. If you intend to go "more" end game than that (harder elite missions like uw), then you are most likely going to need more specialized build and/or consumables.

Yeah, maybe half of the build is same. But if it was literally the same then 3 year old could guide heroes through any campaign, as long as one doesn't pull everything at once.
    Yes, HM was a breeze mostly. I go prot rit for EZ mode, with literally permanent Shelter (allies can't take more than 10% of their health in a single attack). It has almost worked for the end game Nightfall stuff, however I keep pulling too many mobs so I wipe. Wasn't sure about the SS necro, I wanted more damage due to our survivability being pretty hefty.

And yes, I was asking for builds/tactics/whatever for the very end game stuff, like UW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1500
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    Cant talk, cant make a pvp character, 10 hour limit, cant trade.
    That sucks, trials was better in the past.

EDIT: I cannot even try the demo, I need a stupid access key and the one I got do not work. :(

21. Post #1501
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    Is there any way to tame a new animal and then get my old one back, or keep it? I've had my Black Widow for so long now, but I want to get the other animals that you can add to the Hall of Monuments, and then get my Black Widow back, but I don't think I can find a group for the Underworld these days since there doesn't seem to be as many people around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1502
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    I guess this have been said 1000 times: New topic anyone? I could make one

23. Post #1503

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Is there any way to tame a new animal and then get my old one back, or keep it? I've had my Black Widow for so long now, but I want to get the other animals that you can add to the Hall of Monuments, and then get my Black Widow back, but I don't think I can find a group for the Underworld these days since there doesn't seem to be as many people around.
    I think you can get new animal like the one you used to have from "Zaishen Menagerie", you unlock pets you have tamed before and so on.

You should be able to get new Widow from there after getting what ever else you are going to get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1504
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    I think you can get new animal like the one you used to have from "Zaishen Menagerie", you unlock pets you have tamed before and so on.

You should be able to get new Widow from there after getting what ever else you are going to get.
    After adding the pet, you can get a new one again, I think you can get up to lvl 20 with a specific evolution, but it costs gold. Not sure if you're limited to the number that you bring in, or if you can get as many as you want. Might be cool having 8 Spiders on your side.

25. Post #1505
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Im lvl 11 and still think that i learned only a little part of the game.

26. Post #1506
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Im lvl 11 and still think that i learned only a little part of the game.
    I have 6 lvls 20s and I'm still a scrub.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1507
    July 2010
    4,188 Posts
    The leveling curve may as well not exist for the most part. Level 20 is around 145k experience, and can be reached in only a few hours without trying to power level. I have one of every profession, and the lowest experience on any of them is probably my warrior with something like 1.3 million. I have numerous characters over 10 and 15 million, and one around 85.

Ultimately the game shares many elements with magic the gathering in terms of build composition. Crafting an individual build, or team build bears many similarities to crafting a deck in magic. That, not leveling, is what determines your real effectiveness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #1508

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Yeah, leveling to max level in factions takes less than 10hours, even without consumables.

Level does not mean anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1509
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    18,011 Posts
    Yeah, leveling to max level in factions takes less than 10hours, even without consumables.

Level does not mean anything.
    With any campaign + EotN you can do it within 1 to 2 hour(s).

30. Post #1510

December 2011
    606 Posts
    I doubt you can rush nightfall to the portal in that time, but maybe, I don't know about that. I've only one nightfall character, and I leveled him pretty slowly.
    Same might go for prophecies, unless you get runner to get to kryta. Not sure about that, I've leveled all my non-factions characters the "scenic route".

I've usually made factions character and skipped all but the skill point missions and the rushed for closer to stars. 5 out of 8 characters I have are factions.

31. Post #1511
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    18,011 Posts
    I doubt you can rush nightfall to the portal in that time, but maybe, I don't know about that. I've only one nightfall character, and I leveled him pretty slowly.
    Same might go for prophecies, unless you get runner to get to kryta. Not sure about that, I've leveled all my non-factions characters the "scenic route".

I've usually made factions character and skipped all but the skill point missions and the rushed for closer to stars. 5 out of 8 characters I have are factions.
    I have one Prophecies charactar, one Pre-Searing, five Factions characters and four Nightfall characters, it is quite easy to get to level 10 in Nightfall within an hour.

Edited:

Miscounted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1512
    October 2011
    508 Posts
    I find it damn hard to get anywhere in this game without hordes of monsters attacking me.

33. Post #1513
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    I find it damn hard to get anywhere in this game without hordes of monsters attacking me.
    Obligatory "you've come to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker".

34. Post #1514
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    When i complete all the prophecy campaign, and want to do faction campaign, should i make another character or i can actually use my lvl 20 character to do it?

35. Post #1515

December 2011
    606 Posts
    You can use the old one.

There is little continuity from campaign to another, I'd advise doing nf or eotn after proph if you have it, for sake of heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1516
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    You can use the old one.

There is little continuity from campaign to another, I'd advise doing nf or eotn after proph if you have it, for sake of heroes.
    And why not faction?

37. Post #1517

December 2011
    606 Posts
    No heroes.

Otherwise I'd recommend Factions, it's really good campaign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1518
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    And why not faction?
    Get a decent hero setup and you will breeze through Hard mode for all campaigns. Which less rage inducing and more fun as you will not only be making a build for your character, but a build for all of your heroes. Unless you don't like that.

39. Post #1519
    July 2010
    4,188 Posts
    5 minute urgoz. Click for full res.

Oh shit. we forgot to make it hard mode. Better try for another hour and a half.

Dante getting carried to records general.

EDIT:
    Video from dantes perspective shortly after he died. Direct link because youtube bitches about copyright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jh-bxw7GU0

40. Post #1520
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    Holy shit, all of those mesmers.

6000 hours played, :wtc: