1. Post #321
    May 2010
    2,011 Posts
    Yeah? Try getting hacked with all the campaigns + EotN + Mission pack + several chars with elite armor, thats bad, and just contact their costumer support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    October 2008
    32 Posts
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In an attempt to play guild wars, I reinstalled the game.

THEN THE GOD DAMN GAME ASKED ME FOR ONE OF MY CHARACTERS NAME IN WHICH I DON'T REMEMBER AT ALL

THEN I RESET THE PASSWORD ON A EMAIL I CAN'T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD OF AT ALL

Oh dear god, I am so tearing the place apart.

I had prophecies and nightfall :smith:
    I had a similar situation when I reinstalled a month or 2 ago. Instead of forgetting my character name, Id forgotten the email I had used to register (which is the username xD) and the password :(
    Just contact their support and they'll easily help you out. You just need to make sure you have the keys for each game, because that'll be they key bit of information they need to prove its your account :P

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,760 Posts
    God damnit. That's long gone. All I can prove is photographic proof, but then they'll just think I borrowed someone elses game.

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,061 Posts
    The game's key is on a little card that comes with the game... It's the most important thing in the box (you don't need the CD, they let you download the client for free), how could you lose it?

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,760 Posts
    The game has been lying around in my house for 3 years now. I was merely 14 when I got the damn game. I didn't care about keeping the important stuff, I just wanted to play.
    Also, there have been several months between my gaming sessions, ranging up to 6 months. You stow it away, you find it, play it. Stow it away. Then you lose the key, don't give a shit, still remember the password, play.
    Rinse and repeat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,341 Posts
    This is why I use the same 7 or so passwords for everything. And never the same one having to do with one situation (I'll never use the password for my email account for anything else, but I will use a password more than once for multiple accounts in different places, like Aeria Games/Perfect world for example)

That way if I forget a password, I just know it's one of the others... Of course if I don't use one for a year, I'll forget it because they're complicated as all hell

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,760 Posts
    Well, I knew the password. But I reset it (aka sent a new password) to a very old Email address, which I can't remember the password of.
    So I'm kinda fucked. Unless NCsoft magically transfers my account over to another email address or tells me the password.

8. Post #328
    May 2009
    89 Posts
    Well, I knew the password. But I reset it (aka sent a new password) to a very old Email address, which I can't remember the password of.
    So I'm kinda fucked. Unless NCsoft magically transfers my account over to another email address or tells me the password.
    If you go to your NCSOFT main account page on their website, I'm pretty sure you can change your email.

9. Post #329
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    I feel ya, I decided to start playing again about.. two or three weeks ago? I stopped playing two years before this, and had forgotten my old email. I contacted support, asked if it was possible to recover my account. I told them I didn't have my game keys anymore, and I didn't get a response for THREE days.. And when they did respond, guess what I got? "Can you please tell us all of the keys linked to your account". So, I said I didn't have any of my old game keys again, and then waited another two days only to get "We are putting you through to another branch of support" or something, so I just said fuck it. I spent a while trying to hack into my old account, and finally got it.

I'm glad I was lucky enough to hack into it too, I had 700 hour of playtime with a couple sets of 15k armor and shiz..

Looking back on some of my old character builds, my god I sucked.. Koss was set up as an elementalist and my Derv was just sad.

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,760 Posts
    If you go to your NCSOFT main account page on their website, I'm pretty sure you can change your email.
    I haven't linked my guild wars account to a NCSoft account.

Edited:

I feel ya, I decided to start playing again about.. two or three weeks ago? I stopped playing two years before this, and had forgotten my old email. I contacted support, asked if it was possible to recover my account. I told them I didn't have my game keys anymore, and I didn't get a response for THREE days.. And when they did respond, guess what I got? "Can you please tell us all of the keys linked to your account". So, I said I didn't have any of my old game keys again, and then waited another two days only to get "We are putting you through to another branch of support" or something, so I just said fuck it. I spent a while trying to hack into my old account, and finally got it.

I'm glad I was lucky enough to hack into it too, I had 700 hour of playtime with a couple sets of 15k armor and shiz..

Looking back on some of my old character builds, my god I sucked.. Koss was set up as an elementalist and my Derv was just sad.
    Still waiting, latest message I got was:

Hello -name-,

Thank you for update.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. once your ticket has been reviewed, someone will be in contact with you.

Thanks
    James
    NCsoft Account Support

To contact our Billing or Technical Support by phone, please call (512)225-6359.
    Monday - Friday, 12 PM - 5 PM Central Time (North America)
    Long distance charges may apply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,836 Posts
    I do not like the NCSoft support, it took them 4 freaking months to recover my account when I lost it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Halfway to Canthan skill hunter :D

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,107 Posts
    I got banned for 60 hours once months back for excessive spamming/messaging.

Emailed Support saying I absolutely meant no malicious intent and did it only because I was excited about the new Guild Wars 2 video being live on the site.

The ban got removed of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    June 2010
    105 Posts
    Aah i used to run a guild, until it became too hard to gain recruits because of KISS and SICK, one time we had a recruiting spree of 18 in one night :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    I really liked this double faction weekend.
    Got my kurzick title up by more than 300 thousand :D

16. Post #336
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Yeah, that was nice. I only managed to get about 100k though. Didn't have much free time this weekend. Fast Balthazar faction as well.

17. Post #337
    August 2009
    210 Posts
    I do not like the NCSoft support, it took them 4 freaking months to recover my account when I lost it.
    Took them 2 weeks for me.

18. Post #338
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    4,897 Posts
    I really liked this double faction weekend.
    Got my kurzick title up by more than 300 thousand :D
    I got my luxon faction from 0 to 300k over the weekend.

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,008 Posts
    Still waiting for guildwars to go on steam again because my old account got perma banned due to our college IP being a confirmed "Botting IP" according to the ncsoft support (I have graduated now)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,298 Posts
    Is there still a decent population playing this?

21. Post #341
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Yes, but not from FP.

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,107 Posts
    Is there still a decent population playing this?
    Not really. Majority of people are afkers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    982 Posts
    Not really. Majority of people are afkers.
    Not entirely. I still see lots of active people.

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,341 Posts
    Yeah there's plenty of people, and Anet just banned nearly 4,000 accounts that were botting and the like

25. Post #345
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Canthan skill hunter achieved, and just by capping all those skills, I got 80% of the way to Canthan cartographer.

26. Post #346
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Hahaha. I kept on getting interrupted, so my normally 45 minute UW run became an 8 hour and 4 minute UW run. Because there was so much time between kills, I got more drops than average, and 3.6k JUST in gold drops.

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    982 Posts
    Hahaha. I kept on getting interrupted, so my normally 45 minute UW run became an 8 hour and 4 minute UW run. Because there was so much time between kills, I got more drops than average, and 3.6k JUST in gold drops.
    I've never finished UW or FoW. :(

28. Post #348
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Me neither. Only parts.

29. Post #349
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    I've never finished UW or FoW. :(
    I've never gotten past the Terrorweb Dryders, but then again I've never done anything but farm there..

I made a Ranger last night and got him to level 20 in ten hours, then got him Standard Kurzick armor in the next 5 hours. I love Factions..

Also I was very pleased when I found this (Not going to show it here due to resolution)

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gw0042.jpg

Black Moas are my favorite. Oh how I love them.

30. Post #350
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,854 Posts
    I've never gotten past the Terrorweb Dryders, but then again I've never done anything but farm there..

I made a Ranger last night and got him to level 20 in ten hours, then got him Standard Kurzick armor in the next 5 hours. I love Factions..

Also I was very pleased when I found this (Not going to show it here due to resolution)

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gw0042.jpg

Black Moas are my favorite. Oh how I love them.
    you need to get a black moa minipet to fit with your big one!!

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,760 Posts
    GOOD NEWS!

I looked through my spammail adress. It's the one I use for facebook and such. Found my NCsoft username, logged in, changed password, Jizzed :D
    Domination mesmer GO!.

32. Post #352
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts
    Such bullshit. I finally have the right skills and everything to do a full UW run, and complete it for the first time, and somebody steals my fucking spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    December 2008
    469 Posts
    GOOD NEWS!

I looked through my spammail adress. It's the one I use for facebook and such. Found my NCsoft username, logged in, changed password, Jizzed :D
    Domination mesmer GO!.
    Mesmers are da shit. Backfire and shatter enchant are already deadly enough on their own. ...Must go make one brb in 5 days

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,008 Posts
    Okay, I said screw it and ordered all of the GW's again >.>
    Gotta remake my ele monk and necro and finish HoM again.

35. Post #355
    December 2008
    469 Posts

Master Togo didn't die, HE LIVES.

Okay, I said screw it and ordered all of the GW's again >.>
    Gotta remake my ele monk and necro and finish HoM again.
    I'd recommend making a Ritualist, they can solo the Underworld pretty well.. Though you don't have to be a ritualist, I don't have a rit and just use the build with my elementalist. It also works for rangers, most people say it works pretty well with most professions, except for warrior obviously. Uhm.

Talk like a Pirate weekend is amazing..

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,008 Posts
    I know, I had a spirit spammer rit and R/Rt before I got banned.
    Though I'm going to focus mostly on completion/HoM, got alot of catching up to do to get up to my old one (almost had entire HoM completed when I got banned >_>)

By the way Lucario, Map mod in texmod; Masters is 2.5, bonus is 3? o.o

37. Post #357
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    I might go pick up the trilogy. How many people are active in this Guild Wars revival thing?

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    I might re-buy this. I bought Factions a long time ago and played it a lot, but stopped playing after a while. After watching some videos for Guild Wars 2 I wanted to play again, but I don't remember my account and some of my game discs are either missing or damaged.

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,341 Posts
    I might re-buy this. I bought Factions a long time ago and played it a lot, but stopped playing after a while. After watching some videos for Guild Wars 2 I wanted to play again, but I don't remember my account and some of my game discs are either missing or damaged.
    You don't need the discs. You can download the entire game from the GW Website, Download the client, and when it installs the needed files, before you launch Guild Wars, add -image to the target line of the shortcut, and it will download everything. Then remove -image and use shortcut to start GW. You don't have to download all the files at once, but I prefer it. It's download them all in one lump sum over the course of a few hours, Or wait 5+ minutes every time you hit an area you haven't visited since installing the game while it downloads it then

You'll still need to login to your account once in-game though... How can you not remember it?

Anyway, I managed to hit level 20 in a personal record of just over 4 hours

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,061 Posts
    If you play GW1 after seeing GW2 stuff you're just gonna sit around thinking "GW2 will be much more fun than this". I pretty much stopped playing (after doing about 6 hours a day for over a year) thanks to GW2.

On the plus side, I am doing something constructive with my time... At least until GW2 comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)