1. Post #1
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,398 Posts
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...513109426.html

[release]WASHINGTON—The Supreme Court ruled for the first time that gun possession is fundamental to American freedom, giving federal judges power to strike down state and local weapons laws for infringing on Second Amendment rights.[/release]

Basically it goes from a restriction placed on what the federal government can pass legally regarding firearms, to an obligation of the Federal government to actively protect the citizens from any and all infringements on their second amendment rights. By the federal, state, and local governments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 61Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,047 Posts
    Oh god, does this mean that people can basically get any weapon they want now? Or am I being a pillock as usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 46 (list)

3. Post #3
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Fuck yes.

Incoming thread debate...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    This is great news. I'm getting a gun later this week, so it is nice to know that I have the SC on my side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    Sweet!

:golfclap: Good job, Supreme Court
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    Fucking shit. Guns fucking suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 98Agree x 16Disagree x 6Artistic x 1Funny x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2005
    7,398 Posts
    Oh god, does this mean that people can basically get any weapon they want now? Or am I being a pillock as usual.
    No it largely just means they generally can't pass laws that are more strict than federal law.

So no handgun bans or assault weapon limitations at a state or local level.

Fully automatic weapons, explosives, and other destructive devices are already controlled by the ATF. As are short barreled rifles and suppressors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Oh great, another gun argument. The one thing I hate about some fundamental rights and laws is that they get outdated at some point.

I'm not entirely anti-gun, it would be ok if there were controlled gun ranges and hunting grounds, but keeping guns at home 'for your own defense' is total bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 69Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    Fuck yes.

What is there to debate? The Supreme Court has ruled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Here we go...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2005
    7,398 Posts
    Fuck yes.

Yeah I figured this one would be fun. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,431 Posts
    Well this is great news.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    Oh great, another gun argument. The one thing I hate about some fundamental rights and laws is that they get outdated at some point.

I'm not entirely anti-gun, it would be ok if there were controlled gun ranges and hunting grounds, but keeping guns at home 'for your own defense' is total bullshit.
    brb, robbing your house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 53Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    What is there to debate? The Supreme Court has ruled.
    This is Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    No it largely just means they generally can't pass laws that are more strict than federal law.

So no handgun bans or assault weapon limitations at a state or local level.

Fully automatic weapons, explosives, and other destructive devices are already controlled by the ATF. As are short barreled rifles and suppressors.
    Can't wait to see how it reacts in Philly then. They have a gun ban there.

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    brb, robbing your house
    Somebody robs my house, I'm not going to shoot them. I'm not a trigger happy redneck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 43Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,787 Posts
    Goddamn motherfucking guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

18. Post #18
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I can imagine some teabaggers somewhere saying "Ha! Take that Obama!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,054 Posts
    brb, robbing your house
    Yeah fuck you. That's such a poor argument (even if you meant it sarcastically). Control out of fear is never a good thing. We're not living in the middle ages any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 29Agree Agree x 6Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    I can imagine some teabaggers somewhere saying "Ha! Take that Obama!"
    And then Obama saying "What the fuck are you retarded, I never said anything about taking away your guns, dipshit."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 38Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts

honestly how many times do you hear "home owner shoots rapist" or whatever

all the shootings are either people with mental problems or gang related violence (or cops). and either way, all of those groups are going to get a firearm so a ban won't do shit.

it's not a big deal really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    And it started!
    Somebody robs my house, I'm not going to shoot them. I'm not a trigger happy redneck.
    And what if you are incapable of subduing him in any other way then a non-lethal gunshot?

23. Post #23
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    And it started!

And what if you are incapable of subduing him in any other way then a non-lethal gunshot??
    Let him take my shit. I'm not going to hurt the guy. My insurance will cover it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Let him take my shit. I'm not going to hurt the guy. My insurance will cover it.
    And if you had no insurance?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    1,640 Posts
    Hmmm. Now I will be 10 times more suspicious of the surrounding neighbors. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    Thanks. I'm definitely robbing your house then. It's like a free give away :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 45 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    The day the government takes our guns is the day for a new government.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    May 2005
    7,398 Posts
    honestly how many times do you hear "home owner shoots rapist" or whatever

all the shootings are either people with mental problems or gang related violence (or cops). and either way, all of those groups are going to get a firearm so a ban won't do shit.

it's not a big deal really
    It's not considered news worthy. The only times it shows up in the news are when a person shoots someone robbing their neighbor's house.

Self defense occurs pretty often.

My insurance is lower because I own firearms.

Chew on that for a minute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    And if you had no insurance?
    Then let him take my shit. Nothing I own is more important than a human life. Perceive the way of nature and no force of man can harm you. Do not meet a wave head on: avoid it. You do not have to stop force: it is easier to redirect it. Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    omg now I can get an automatic weapon to protect my house from those pesky kids!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    Hmmm. Now I will be 10 times more suspicious of the surrounding neighbors. :frown:
    Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Then let him take my shit. Nothing I own is more important than a human life. Perceive the way of nature and no force of man can harm you. Do not meet a wave head on: avoid it. You do not have to stop force: it is easier to redirect it. Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy. Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious nor can any be replaced
    Enough with the philosophical shit, because you and I both know very well, that you aren't just going to sit there and relax while he takes your shit, when you can fire a possible non-lethal round.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2010
    4,223 Posts
    I find it somewhat odd that the traditional supporters of limited Federal power and states rights, the Conservatives/Republicans, were the majority on this. And I also like how it was an exact split between Conservatives and Liberals, you don't usually see it being exactly on party lines in the SCOTUS.

EDIT: Well you do with a few people *coughScaliacough* but not usually this rigidly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    Ok how's this:

Buy a gun. Go ahead. Get a handgun. Something to subdue an intruder. Why do you need an automatic rifle or a shotgun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    thx for the insight 14 year old ghandi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    Enough with the philosophical shit, because you and I both know very well, you aren't just going to sit there and relax, while he takes your shit.
    Probably. I'd be scared shitless that he probably had a gun, and if I took one out, he'd probably pull his out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    People should be able to make a responsible and mature decision, in regards to retaining weapons in their home. If they do not agree with such things, don't purchase weapons! If someone would like to have a gun in their home, as long as they don't perpetuate or commit murder, then they should be allowed to choose to obtain and retain a weapon. In truth, this whole issue of gun control is moreso about individual choice and freedom than it is about the actual use of the weapons.

EDIT:

Just stating: I am not a Conservative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Probably. I'd be scared shitless that he probably had a gun, and if I took one out, he'd probably pull his out.
    And so somehow you're certain that he isn't murderer or some shit who'd kill you afterwords?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    And so somehow you're certain that he isn't murderer or some shit who'd kill you afterwords?
    Hide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    February 2009
    24,487 Posts
    I find it somewhat odd that the traditional supporters of limited Federal power and states rights, the Conservatives/Republicans, were the majority on this. And I also like how it was an exact split between Conservatives and Liberals, you don't usually see it being exactly on party lines in the SCOTUS.

EDIT: Well you do with a few people *coughScaliacough* but not usually this rigidly.
    How is it odd that supporter of gun rights were the majority on this...?