1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    Are you going somewhere with this?
    They'd inspire panic in most people who don't always live around guns, and what happens after that is up in the air.
    Could be nothing, could be something deadly.

2. Post #362
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    They'd inspire panic in most people who don't always live around guns, and what happens after that is up in the air.
    Could be nothing, could be something deadly.
    Yeah man everyone at gun ranges FREAK THE FUCK OUT whenever someone brings in an AR.

3. Post #363
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Hahah, oh wow.

4. Post #364
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Yeah man everyone at gun ranges FREAK THE FUCK OUT whenever someone brings in an AR.
    I know my uncle and me went in with one and everybody started cowering and screaming

then we went on a rampage causing an indeterminate amount of deaths.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    I know my uncle and me went in with one and everybody started cowering and screaming

then we went on a rampage causing an indeterminate amount of deaths.
    Worse than the holocaust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    Who said it was the people at the gun range?
    Could be people just outside driving/walking by who don't know it's a gun range.

People are irrational
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    Could be people just outside driving/walking by who don't know it's a gun range.

People are irrational
    I've seen people carrying firearms like that in public (albeit rarely, but I've seen it) and no one was even acting cautiously. Your arguments are really dumb and irrelevant.

8. Post #368
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,337 Posts
    Llivavin's posts give me cancer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts

People are irrational
    Gun ranges are normally fairly obvious

the big sign out front that says GUN RANGE FULL RIFLE RANGE PISTOL RANGE outside normally gives it away

and you said it just earlier

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    I've seen people carrying firearms like that in public (albeit rarely, but I've seen it) and no one was even acting cautiously. Your arguments are really dumb and irrelevant.
    You live in Colorado.
    Aren't firearms pretty much just a part of day to day life for most people there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    August 2009
    8,243 Posts
    Llivavin's posts give me cancer
    Me too

Edited:

You live in Colorado.
    Aren't firearms pretty much just a part of day to day life for most people there?
    :pseudo: Don't judge from south park.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    You live in Colorado.
    And you apparently don't live in America

you know nothing of the subject

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    Me too

Edited:

:pseudo: Don't judge from south park.
    I wasn't; it's just it's a more mountainous/wooded area which leads to having hunters around.

14. Post #374
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    You live in Colorado.
    No, I've seen one person open-carrying in my life here. I own and shoot guns, but I live in a more rural area.

Edited:

P.S. Southpark isn't a town, it's a county. The closest town in Colorado that resembles the show South Park the most is Fairplay (Which I believe is in South Park county)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    No, I've seen one person open-carrying in my life here. I own and shoot guns, but I live in a more rural area.
    )

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,484 Posts
    Is this thread even going anywhere? It seems like one be argument with Llivavin.

17. Post #377
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    Derp quotes
    I haven't lived in Colorado my whole life, and I do frequently travel out of state. Amazing, right?

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    And you apparently don't live in America

you know nothing of the subject
    Besides for police, hunters, and gun nuts, guns really aren't part of day to day life for most people.

Edited:

I haven't lived in Colorado my whole life, and I do frequently travel out of state. Amazing, right?
    Kind of assumed that right after i posted it.

I'm misguided, not stupid.

19. Post #379
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    Besides for police, hunters, and gun nuts, guns really aren't part of day to day life for most people.
    Do you live in the US?

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    Do you live in the US?
    California.

I don't hear, see or talk to anyone about guns, and most of my friends are in the same boat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,484 Posts
    California.

I don't hear, see or talk to anyone about guns, and most of my friends are in the same boat.
    Oh, so that must mean that guns don't exist.

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    Oh, so that must mean that guns don't exist.
    Who said they don't exist?
    I'm saying they aren't part of daily life for a lot of americans.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    I'm saying they aren't part of daily life.
    Depends where you live and what season. During hunting season, it's part of my daily life.

24. Post #384
    June 2010
    384 Posts
    I'm saying they aren't part of daily life.
    If you sit at a computer all day they aren't. If you live on a farm it's a little different.

25. Post #385
    March 2007
    186 Posts
    And if you had no insurance?
    What are you talking about? Everyone's got insurance now.

26. Post #386
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    I'm saying they aren't part of daily life for a lot of americans.
    nor are they for most of the ~100 million US gun owners

doesn't mean they can't own one

27. Post #387
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    California.
    Okay so as far as gun culture, not really. You probably wouldn't understand how the majority of the rest of the US feels about guns in the first place.

Edited:

It's gotta be higher than that

28. Post #388
    March 2007
    186 Posts
    California.

my friends are in the same boat.
    So, liberal-raised children are obviously correct about gun control, not like there have been any break-ins or kidnappings recently.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts

Never said they can't own one?
    I'm for all for having guns, i just want more control over who can/can't get it and kinds they can get.

Unlike you and Perfumery and other gun nuts most Americans are completely uneducated on guns (myself included) and would end up doing something stupid with them.

30. Post #390
    June 2009
    12,196 Posts
    I'm for all for having guns, i just want more control over who can/can't get it and kinds they can get.

Unlike you and Perfumery and other gun nuts most Americans are completely uneducated on guns (myself included) and would end up doing something stupid with them.
    The thing is undereducation should not be a reason for legislating a law like this.

31. Post #391
    March 2007
    186 Posts

I would have thought that after the Columbine, most Americans would have some idea of what deadly force looks like.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,484 Posts
    So guns should be banned because some people are complete fucknuts?

33. Post #393
    February 2009
    25,337 Posts
    Is this thread even going anywhere? It seems like one be argument with Llivavin.
    It's more like slamming your skull against a brick wall over and over believing that the wall will eventually move aside and let you through.

It's why I haven't really said anything to Llivavin.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    holy shit 10 pages in 3 hours and yet noone seems to have significantly changed their opinions

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    Nice

36. Post #396
    June 2010
    384 Posts
    Alright, how about law abiding citizens get the guns that the governments says they can, and then criminals get whatever guns they want, seeing as how no one is going to say to themselves, "I'm going to go kill someone, but I should still obey gun control."

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,155 Posts
    Let him take my shit. I'm not going to hurt the guy. My insurance will cover it.
    WHOA.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
    Christ I hope you're never a parent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,503 Posts
    [LIST][*]Folding or telescoping stock[*]Pistol grip[*]Bayonet mount[*]Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one[*]Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)[/LIST]Since when does a folding stock make a gun more deadly
    since when does a pistol grip make a gun more deadly
    There hasn't been a bayonet crime in the US for decades
    flash suppresors are already ridiculously difficult to attain, and they need a federal permit
    NOBODY sells grenade launchers

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    [LIST][*]Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip[*]Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor[*]Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold[*]Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more[*]A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm[/LIST]how does an external mag make a gun more deadly
    see my point on flash suppressors above
    barrel shrouds actually make guns safer
    the fuck does weight do to make a gun more deadly?
    so what if it's a full-auto counterpart, if it's not full auto itself?

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
    [LIST][*]Folding or telescoping stock[*]Pistol grip[*]Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds[*]Detachable magazine[/LIST]see above point
    see above point
    that's a ridiculously low capacity
    how does a detachable mag make a gun more deadly

Actually flash suppressors come on virtually every AR-15 platform rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_suppressor

It just makes it so the flash isn't blinding for the shooter. Arguably its a fucking safety feature more than anything.

Which makes it even MORE ridiculous to have it on the assault weapons list.

The list in general is just ridiculous.

39. Post #399
    February 2009
    25,337 Posts
    holy shit 10 pages in 3 hours and yet noone seems to have significantly changed their opinions
    This is Facepunch, have you seen anyone here ever change their opinion?

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    So, liberal-raised children are obviously correct about gun control, not like there have been any break-ins or kidnappings recently.
    My mom and dad are conservative and my dad owns a gun.

Okay so as far as gun culture, not really. You probably wouldn't understand how the majority of the rest of the US feels about guns in the first place.
    I've also lived in MA while always going upto NH, also lived in florida
    The thing is undereducation should not be a reason for legislating a law like this.
    If not a ban then strict regulations, mandatory education and registration.

Edited:

Alright, how about law abiding citizens get the guns that the governments says they can, and then criminals get whatever guns they want, seeing as how no one is going to say to themselves, "I'm going to go kill someone, but I should still obey gun control."
    Not all criminals start out as criminals.

Edited:

WHOA.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
    Christ I hope you're never a parent.
    Things =/= person.

I'm sure the issue would be different if his kid was getting attacked.