1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    You'll hear no complaints from me. He got thoroughly roasted when it came to this gun debate.
    If you're talking about Proboards, I'm happy too, and you should see Tomcat tear his argument to shit in this thread.

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,982 Posts
    The Chicago, Illinois, City Council in a 45-0 vote approved a new gun ordinance Friday, four days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the city's 28-year-old strict ban on handgun ownership was unconstitutional.

Among other details, the ordinance allows only one operable firearm per household, meaning all other guns would need to have gun locks or be in locked cases. It also requires owners to have a state firearms permit, to register weapons with Chicago police and to take four hours of classroom training and one hour of firing range training.

The plan also bans assault weapons and gun shops in the city.

Continued...
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/02/...ex.html?hpt=T1

3. Post #723
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,728 Posts

4. Post #724
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Why does 70 percent of facepunch like guns so much?

I understand if you want them because they're cool, but pepperspray/folding knife is a much better self defense method.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,543 Posts
    Bans assault weapons. Seriously.

YOU JUST GOT TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS OVER BANNING HANDGUNS YOU FUCKING MORONS.

It's like they don't get it.

That is even assuming assaults weapons were used in crimes. Handguns make up almost all of gun crime. The majority of the rest are shotguns and rifles. "Assault" weapons usually make up less than a tenth of a percent, if not totally zero.

This is now flat out illegal for them to do. They have crossed the line and Federal intervention is now needed because they just don't fucking get it.

6. Post #726
    February 2009
    25,728 Posts

I understand if you want them because they're cool, but pepperspray/folding knife is a much better self defense method.
    Read the rest of the thread. It's posted on almost every post of every page. :geno:

7. Post #727
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,543 Posts

No it isn't. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Not even a little bit.

8. Post #728
    October 2009
    2,187 Posts
    I'm too lazy to look it up, but are civilians allowed to purchase rubber bullets or those bean bag shotguns that riot cops use?

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,679 Posts
    Nobody has guns in Canada except farmers

10. Post #730
    February 2009
    25,728 Posts
    Nobody has guns in Canada except farmers
    Poor Canadians :canada:

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,679 Posts
    we can't afford to shoot each other we have to shoot rampaging moose eeryday

12. Post #732
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts

:roflolmao:

Pepperspray:
    1. Be threatened
    2. Remove pepper spray from wherever you carry it
    3. Shake bottle for 30 seconds
    4. Apply to opponent from 6-8in from face

Folding knife:
    1. Be threatened
    2. Remove knife from wherever you carry it
    3. Release lock, unfold knife
    4. Attempt to stab opponent with said knife

Handgun
    1. Be threatened
    2. Remove gun from holster
    3. Shoot from any range you feel adequate at

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Bans assault weapons. Seriously.

YOU JUST GOT TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS OVER BANNING HANDGUNS YOU FUCKING MORONS.

It's like they don't get it.

That is even assuming assaults weapons were used in crimes. Handguns make up almost all of gun crime. The majority of the rest are shotguns and rifles. "Assault" weapons usually make up less than a tenth of a percent, if not totally zero.

This is now flat out illegal for them to do. They have crossed the line and Federal intervention is now needed because they just don't fucking get it.
    The sad part is, the governments going to do FUCK ALL. We've got people in who could give less of a shit about our rights. Can you really envision Eric Holder fighting Chicago on this? No.

Nothing will be done, because the federal government is full of idiots and bureaucrats.

Edited:

YOU HONESTLY FUCKlNG THINK THAT!?!?

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,457 Posts
    I'm too lazy to look it up, but are civilians allowed to purchase rubber bullets or those bean bag shotguns that riot cops use?
    It is possible to purchase the Riot Beanbag shot for shotguns.

I haven't seen any rubber bullets around though.

Edited:

I don't think you seriously think that.

15. Post #735
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Handgun
    1. Be threatened
    2. Remove gun from holster
    3. Shoot from any range you feel adequate at
    Actually step 3 would be flicking the safety, making it just as fast as the other methods.

Honestly with stupid god loving, gun owning retarded shit kicking rednecks in Texas owning tons of guns, I don't think it should be a civil right when you have millions of cousinfuckers running around packing heat.

16. Post #736
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Actually step 3 would be flicking the safety, making it just as fast as the other methods.

Honestly with stupid god loving, gun owning retarded shit kicking rednecks in Texas owning tons of guns, I don't think it should be a civil right when you have millions of cousinfuckers running around packing heat.
    So you're justifying keeping guns out of our hands by using a stereotype. Cool, cool.

Also, many handguns don't have a safety. Like Glocks.

17. Post #737
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts

Movement of the thumb, or possibly just squeezing your hand a bit.

A knife is useless for self defense unless you're in a situation in which you can entirely anticipate the attacker's presence, like a home invasion. Still a lot easier to shoot someone down a hallway then try to bumrush him with a knife.

Pepperspray is a joke.

18. Post #738
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts

Pepperspray is a joke.
    I really meant pepperspray/teargas in general, It can be easily used and its much cheaper than a gun.

19. Post #739
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    I really meant pepperspray/teargas in general, It can be easily used and its much cheaper than a gun.
    Tear Gas is banned from the possession of most citizens in most states in the US.

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Raise your hand if you own a gun and have had to use it in self defense.

21. Post #741
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    What's the point of asking us this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Don't worry about it, you've answered my question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,266 Posts
    Don't worry about it, you've answered my question.
    You could also use this argument against vaccines, which is obviously totally smart

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Except that instead of receiving an overwhelming answer of "no", people would be able to tell me "yes, I have fallen ill"

Don't make hyperbolic analogies, please, it doesn't help your case.

25. Post #745
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    -snip-

26. Post #746
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Hay guise so and so thing hasn't happened yet and thus it will never happen ever.

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Hay guise so and so thing hasn't happened yet and thus it will never happen ever.
    Hey dude, not only is that not what I said, but if I were to actually take what you said seriously and investigate the point you made I would find that owning a firearm does not curb the result of a violent crime whatsoever.

28. Post #748
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Hey dude, not only is that not what I said, but if I were to actually take what you said seriously and investigate the point you made I would find that owning a firearm does not curb the result of a violent crime whatsoever.
    Because shooting your attacker does nothing at all, right?

I like how you came to the conclusion of what you'd find before actually doing the research, by the way.

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Because this is the matrix and you actually have a chance to shoot someone who has a gun trained on you, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #750
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    You're right, owning one doesn't do much. You actually have to use it, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #751
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Because this is the matrix and you actually have a chance to shoot someone who has a gun trained on you, right?
    You never said that the violent crime had to involve a gun in your earlier post.

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    Oh never mind this point is moot because I didn't specify that a gun was involved, carry on.

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,266 Posts
    Except that instead of receiving an overwhelming answer of "no", people would be able to tell me "yes, I have fallen ill"

Don't make hyperbolic analogies, please, it doesn't help your case.
    Except you don't vaccinate yourself against 'falling ill', you vaccinate yourself against very specific diseases that 99.999 times out of a million you will not ever get regardless.

34. Post #754
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Oh never mind this point is mute because I didn't specify that a gun was involved, carry on.
    I think you mean the point is moot

And yes it is. A violent crime could be a guy who runs up and demands you give him all your money with nothing but his fists.

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,276 Posts
    I think you mean the point is moot

And yes it is. A violent crime could be a guy who runs up and demands you give him all your money with nothing but his fists.
    Thanks for that, seriously, I didn't catch it.

Except you don't vaccinate yourself against 'falling ill', you vaccinate yourself against very specific diseases that 99.999 times out of a million you will not ever get regardless.

Yes, 5%-20% of the American populace doesn't catch the flu annually. Do you research anything, at all?

36. Post #756
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Yes, 5%-20% of the American populace doesn't catch the flu annually. Do you research anything, at all?
    Not that I disagree with what you are trying to argue, but do YOU research anything at all? The "flu" is just a common name for a wide strain of viruses with common symptoms.

What the other guy said is technically right.

37. Post #757
    November 2008
    702 Posts

Ummmmm, I was born and raised in Texas, and moved around it as a kid because my father's job required him to... so I know it fairly well. I can now concur that you are no older than 17 years old and have never been to Texas because you seem to think that people run around fucking their sisters and shooting gay people in the middle of the street.

Yes, I know alot of people who are major gun nuts, but its their hobby. Like you probably like basket weaving or something.

Because from my extensive experience in Texas, it is like any old town. Boring, uneventful, and quiet.

P.S.: And I would think that gang-bangers who illegally acquire their guns are a bit more of a problem than your imaginary cousinfucking shotgun weilding rednecks, dipshit.

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,268 Posts
    Raise your hand if you own a smoke alarm and have been woken by it during a fire.

39. Post #759
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,824 Posts
    Now stop whining about that fucking Spyder III Arctic, mkay?

(The laser that was in the news a couple of weeks ago)

40. Post #760
    October 2008
    1,058 Posts
    So you're justifying keeping guns out of our hands by using a stereotype. Cool, cool.
    Just quoting this to emphasize what's wrong with the 'cousinfucking' argument.