1. Post #1
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    My version of Deathrun, based on Fretta.

Note: If weapons are missing from a map and you are superadmin, go to where they are supposed to be and type deathrun_weapon_spawner in console. A weapon spawner will appear where you aim.

Enjoy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Useful Useful x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    Nice fretta gamemode.

Only bad thing is it's fretta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Nice fretta gamemode.

Only bad thing is it's fretta.
    Well, I originally made it for my Fretta server because there wasn't any Deathrun release.

4. Post #4
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    Well, I originally made it for my Fretta server because there wasn't any Deathrun release.
    Not that hard I could write one up and include my donation system with hats and sass trails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    sass trails.
    Wouldn't that be stealing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    Wouldn't that be stealing?
    I bet they like them death models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    I bet they like them death models.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=8743

It was there long before sass started using them. Your argument is invalid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=8743

It was there long before sass started using them. Your argument is invalid.
    I was pointed out that model wasn't there's. Bit of sarcasm guess you didn't get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Sarcasm doesn't always work on the internet... :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    992 Posts
    -snipped due to retardism-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,726 Posts
    You can only properly portray sarcasm by using the /sarcasm command otherwise some people may misunderstand what you mean. This IS the Internet, we can neither see nor hear you.

His first language is not English so I will suggest that you stop moaning that you could do something better... At least he releases his coding, haven't seen any deathrun gamemodes base (framework drun) released WORKING, so this is good for that, it was meant for coders to be able to build on and not worry about the basics. After learning a bit more, I shall probably expand deathrun with some a unique shop if you don't mind scorp, (alien92). Il steam chat more bout this, I've got a few ideas, if any of you downloadeds have a suggestion for improvement, bugs / glitches, then feel free to alert us about these.

Scorp, you might wanna edit the gmod.org page with the spawner info and the facepunch thread link. 0v3r 4nd 0ut!
    You don't just hand out a finish product out.

12. Post #12
    April 2010
    159 Posts
    Im not really a big FAN of fretta but nise job. Very basic for people who want a Deathrun server. They can start from this and dev this gamemode to there needs. When there finally advance they can start a new deathrun from scratch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    peopleofgaming.com
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    snip

14. Post #14
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    You can only properly portray sarcasm by using the /sarcasm command otherwise some people may misunderstand what you mean. This IS the Internet, we can neither see nor hear you.

His first language is not English so I will suggest that you stop moaning that you could do something better... At least he releases his coding, haven't seen any deathrun gamemodes base (framework drun) released WORKING, so this is good for that, it was meant for coders to be able to build on and not worry about the basics. After learning a bit more, I shall probably expand deathrun with some a unique shop if you don't mind scorp, (alien92). Il steam chat more bout this, I've got a few ideas, if any of you downloadeds have a suggestion for improvement, bugs / glitches, then feel free to alert us about these.

Scorp, you might wanna edit the gmod.org page with the spawner info and the facepunch thread link. 0v3r 4nd 0ut!
    You got it wrong, it's finished. Shops are not part of any gamemode, they are a server feature.

15. Post #15
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    992 Posts
    Thats what i mean't, i might integrate a shop as a server feature, for us, y'know...

16. Post #16

April 2010
    31 Posts
    Could you possibly help me with adding shops?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Could you possibly help me with adding shops?
    Money system + shop system and hats for 5 yes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

April 2010
    31 Posts
    Can you add me on steam? http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotoeldar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    23 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    could you add me too? steamname: GiovyKiller
    Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2009
    74 Posts
    Cubar: I will definitely pay you to script a nifty donor hat system, maybe a menu to choose from a variety of hats (headcrab, combine mask, traffic cone, etc)

And I'm looking for someone to make a script that connects with my community forums to assess who has donated and who hasn't.

Add me on steam: superkyol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    SWAG KING 2014
    November 2008
    676 Posts
    Cubar: I will definitely pay you to script a nifty donor hat system, maybe a menu to choose from a variety of hats (headcrab, combine mask, traffic cone, etc)

And I'm looking for someone to make a script that connects with my community forums to assess who has donated and who hasn't.

Add me on steam: superkyol
    Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24

April 2010
    31 Posts
    Cubar can you unblock me please :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Cubar can you unblock me please :(
    You was being rude on steam so I'll think about it, you have the code for the money system and shop-mod you requested for i got the money so deal was done.

Plus your Tns-Gaming TTT server is full of mingebag admins who don't do anything about Rdm ect so no.

26. Post #26

April 2010
    31 Posts
    You was being rude on steam so I'll think about it, you have the code for the money system and shop-mod you requested for i got the money so deal was done.

Plus your Tns-Gaming TTT server is full of mingebag admins who don't do anything about Rdm ect so no.
    Well that would explain why I never go on it. But you were just cool to talk to and was learning Lua slowly. It's ok if you don't want to unblock me. Code didn't work for me but it's ok I might just be doing something wrong keep the money :D glad you tried to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    The code does work you're using it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28

April 2010
    31 Posts
    The code does work you're using it wrong.
    You don't have to cry over a TTT server. We can't just ban left and right because someone RDM's. If you really cared so much you could have reported it on the site and actions would have been taken.

Also no the code doesn't work plus you disabled the FTP and updates and I got nothing, now a bot just spawns every time I try to run the gamemode, so it pretty much broke the deathrun itself.

I remember you telling me how you block "rude" people, and I was never personally did anything to make you think of me that way, so in this case you are the one being rude and childish blocking me for no apparent reason.

I knew I should have used that 7$ on a game xD, I knew the shop wouldn't work. Also if a developer codes something for someone, they would at least SHOW the customer on how to actually use it with their product.

29. Post #29
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    That's your laziness for not downloading the latest code.

It's not hard to move files in to lua/autorun/server is it now..

And the bot was for dev-testing.

30. Post #30
    August 2009
    1,053 Posts
    Heh, I might finish my climb gamemode, I made that because there wasn't a release :P Again based on fretta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

March 2009
    84 Posts
    Thanks a lot for the release!

One issue though. On votemap, it seems to crash every so often oddly. (Perhaps it's due to Exsto? hmm)

32. Post #32
    July 2010
    23 Posts
    Thanks a lot for the release!

One issue though. On votemap, it seems to crash every so often oddly. (Perhaps it's due to Exsto? hmm)
    No im using it with Exsto, works like a charm

33. Post #33
    peopleofgaming.com
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Add me to steam: jackieling215

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    287 Posts
    if you add me on steam we can negotiate a price "nemesis036"

as you have the code already :)

35. Post #35
    February 2010
    1,750 Posts
    Added both of you.

36. Post #36
    April 2010
    159 Posts
    You know... if you go on the wiki it shows a money system. And you could just use a simple PlayerDeath lua code to give money to players....

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=LUA..._System_Part_1 - part 1 money system

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=LUA..._System_Part_2 - part 2 money system

http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Gamemode.PlayerDeath - player death

Replace Msg( "Player " .. victim:GetName() .. " has died.\n" )
    with Killer:AddMoney(the amount you want)

Pretty simple stuff...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,994 Posts
    You know... if you go on the wiki it shows a money system. And you could just use a simple PlayerDeath lua code to give money to players....

Pretty simple stuff...
    Shhh, dont tell them how to code LUA, if they want to they will learn it themselves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Ehem, excuse me guys, but aren't you going a bit offtopic here? This thread isn't about a money system, it's about Deathrun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    287 Posts

Pretty simple stuff...
    Yeh that would be good if the player appeared to be killed by the death, but the running players are killed by "hazard"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    June 2010
    22 Posts
    quote:
    (((((((((((((((Cubar: I will definitely pay you to script a nifty donor hat system, maybe a menu to choose from a variety of hats (headcrab, combine mask, traffic cone, etc)

Add me on steam: superkyo)))))))))))

i am also looking for someone to code me a moneysystem and a shopsystem with hats trails etc and a readme for how to add more stuff to the shops and how to edit the money sytem i know a little lua but not much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)