1. Post #1
    July 2009
    2,157 Posts
    My clicks are becoming a bit too sticky..I miss the crisp feel. Anyone know any tricks to clean this thing?

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    Fuck it

(User was banned for this post ("Why reply? / shitposting" - birkett))

3. Post #3
    July 2009
    2,157 Posts
    No I..don't think that works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,421 Posts
    -snip-
    Where is it getting dirty? This.. Just sounded totally wrong.

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    2,157 Posts
    In between the cracks.

I've been using a razorblade to try to clean it, but it's not working too well.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,237 Posts
    Take it apart and wash it if possible

7. Post #7
    July 2009
    2,157 Posts
    Can't find nowhere to start taking it apart; hence the thread.
    Any help is appreciated.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,237 Posts
    It should have a screw under a sticker or something.

9. Post #9
    July 2009
    2,157 Posts
    There's 5 pads under the mouse..would anything be under them though?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,097 Posts
    The screws will be under the pads. Removing them(The pads) will ruin them though, so I'd buy some spares if I were you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    The screws will be under the pads. Removing them(The pads) will ruin them though, so I'd buy some spares if I were you.
    Theres nothing mild adhesive cant fix.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,849 Posts
    My sidewinder X3 just broke on me :(. It's mouse wheel jams slightly when scrolling down. It's not a major issue, but it's enough to piss me off. Is there any way to fix it, and if not does anyone know of any replacement gaming mice?

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,421 Posts
    You can replace the pads on the original... Are you sure you can't take 'em off?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2008
    17,590 Posts
    iirc those pads are teflon, you're not going to be able to take them off without totally destroying them.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,421 Posts
    Well, that sucks shit.

16. Post #16
    June 2010
    2,187 Posts
    Just use a wet cloth

17. Post #17

August 2010
    1 Posts
    I found this post doing a Google search because I had the same issue. I just wanted to quickly post my experience. Since I got the mouse for $25, I didn't care too much if I broke it. So, I went ahead and pried off a couple of the teflon pads (the middle left and top right) with a flathead screwdriver. There were no screws under either of them, so I'm assuming the design is actually screwless. Puzzled, I started looking around for seams. You'll see a largeish gap at the front, just under the two main mouse buttons. Pull them apart, and the main mouse buttons will begin to detach from the main body. Stop here. You'll be able to use a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean whatever gunk is under these buttons that is causing them to stick. If you need to go further (which I didn't), just follow the seams. It looks like the entire top should pop up. Just be careful. It seemed a little fragile. Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)