1. Post #1
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,836 Posts
    Okay, so I just spent the past half hour scouring the Internet for any information regarding this, and the fact that I'm posting this thread here should imply my results in that regard.

Basically, my friend and I have gotten back into playing the first Black & White (it's an addictively fun game), and we want to play LAN. I know, for a fact, that there is a way to do it - we used to do it regularly some years before.

But the problem is I can't recall how to do it. B&W doesn't have any straightforward "Create a Server" button. The ONLY helpful information I found in this regard is in a review, stating that only when multiple people are in the "Join a Game" area can someone be able to create a server. Well, my friend and I sat looking at the "Join a Game" area for about two minutes, and neither of us got any option to create a game or anything.

Can anyone please help me? :saddowns:

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,831 Posts
    I couldn't find anything specific but you could try this.

http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=33399

The Lionhead servers shut down years ago though.

3. Post #3
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,836 Posts
    Okay, well, I solved that issue. Turns out my friend didn't unblock the game, even though he said he did.

So now, when we're both sitting in the LAN lobby, we can see each other, and when one clicks the other and hits "join", it changes to a host-server screen, where the player who was joined is the host.

We can set up our teams, our map, our win conditions, etc, but...

We can't figure out how to actually start the game! :saddowns:

Edited:

Nevermind, I figured it out.

I forgot I patched one of the machines in an attempt to fix a major graphics glitch.

Patched the other and it works fine, now.

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the dumbassery. You should rate this post dumb. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    Okay, well, I solved that issue. Turns out my friend didn't unblock the game, even though he said he did.

So now, when we're both sitting in the LAN lobby, we can see each other, and when one clicks the other and hits "join", it changes to a host-server screen, where the player who was joined is the host.

We can set up our teams, our map, our win conditions, etc, but...

We can't figure out how to actually start the game! :saddowns:

Edited:

Nevermind, I figured it out.

I forgot I patched one of the machines in an attempt to fix a major graphics glitch.

Patched the other and it works fine, now.

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the dumbassery. You should rate this post dumb. :saddowns:
    Rated informati-

Gmod4ever posted:
    Thanks everyone, and sorry for the dumbassery. You should rate this post dumb.
    Gmod4ever posted:
    You should rate this post dumb.
    Gmod4ever posted:
    DUMB.
    Fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,080 Posts
    Not a problem, enjoy your boxes.

I have BW1 laying around, somewhere, too. Give me a shout on steamfriends (boomie263) if you want to play over Hamachi or something if that's possible.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    4,842 Posts
    B&W 1 had Lan but B&W 2 didn't?

7. Post #7
    May 2010
    3,202 Posts
    Black and White 2 didn't have multiplayer at all if I remember right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)