1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    [release]
    Stargate Vehicles

One small step for man, one giant leap for GMod players; ok maybe it's not a giant leap but it's a start.
    Today I release my Stargate Vehicle base. At the moment you will
    find:
    [list][*]Puddle Jumper[*]F-302[*]Ha'Tak[*]Control Chair[*]Destiny Shuttle[*]Wraith Dart[*]Gate Glider[*]Aurora[*]Death Glider[*]Puddle Jumper V4[*]Daedalus
    [/list]
    The Puddle Jumper now has the keybinder so for all the people who play with the different keys can use it; also it now uses Boba Fett's texture making it nice and shiney.

The F302 is now working on the Vehicle Base, and i have removed the fuel, and super sonic speed. Although some will moan it goes fast enough without super sonic speed. Boba Fett's new texture is on this aswell.

The control chair can fire drones, and you can sit in it. That's it at the moment; but more features will be added soon.

The Ha'tak is the first vehicle designed for the vehicle base. It automatically spawns rings and a gate inside of it. And of course it can fly; the rings have a random address which is printed to your console.

The destiny shuttle, is the only human controlled jumper like ship in SGU. This version has a shield, weapons and passenger seats.

The gate glider, in my opinion is the Rival to the Puddle Jumper. It can dial the gate, fire weapons(not added yet), goes faster than the jumper and looks pretty damn cool.

The aurora is the second big ship in this pack, it fire's 50 drones at a time, can enter hyperspace and it's pretty tough to take down.

And finally my Vehicle base, this makes coding vehicles for GMod alot easier. Now all you need to do is define a few variables in Intialize() and you're ship is ready to fly. So now you can focus on what makes you're ship unique.
    [/release]

[release]
    Now I bet you're wondering where can i get this marvelous addon?
    From the SVN below that's where:
    https://carterspack.svn.sourceforge....t/carterspack/
    DO NOT UPLOAD THIS SVN ANYWHERE ELSE
    [/release]

[release]
    Now without the following people this addon would not be possible:
    RononDex - Coding
    Votekick - Jumper Model
    MarkJaw - Control Chair models
    Cebt - F302 Model
    SGW - Hatak Model
    Iziraider - Glider,Aurora,Shuttle,Gate Glider Models
    Boba Fett - New Textures for F302 and Jumper
    locutus_1 - Sounds
    Flyboi - Sounds
    aVoN - Lots of Help

So show you're appreciation to these people as well
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2009
    89 Posts
    Very nice.

3. Post #3
    February 2009
    72 Posts
    Ha'tak? Is this the one that votekick made? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1ep0kchTc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts
    Awesome work Ronon.

5. Post #5

February 2009
    672 Posts
    Cool thx for this pack

6. Post #6
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    acient char ideas.... could use look though drone and control a swarm say 10 or so while your looking though them.. or show map of galaxy..remote control puddle jumpers.. raise atlantis sheilds or sheild..assiang buttons etc.. fly city that someone maps small atlantis hehe.. control other things like hyper window etc.... got many more ideas

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    489 Posts
    I like it a lot :D installing it right now...

though one thing that could be quite mingy is the fact that you can launch drones from any GPS coordinate.. does it have a range? or can I launch drones sneakily from inside an enemy ship?

Happened to me before where I get a nocollided drone launcher inside a base, firing drones.. lol o_O

8. Post #8
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    Nice, will re do some texture work when i'm bored.

ps: you should add this to carters pack, much easier and stuff.

9. Post #9
    June 2010
    28 Posts
    the hatak wont fly
    i can enter it but it wont move

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    118 Posts
    I look forward to seeing the Destiny Shuttle and I hope you do it justice! =]

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    61 Posts
    Its pretty cool. The hatak wont fly for me either also the chair dosent quite work right. Whenever I try to sit in it my view shifts to an odd position and I cant do anything but get out.

12. Post #12
    March 2010
    2 Posts
    the rockets of the f302 not work for me, i get error models for it and if i shoot the rockets the not move Oo

13. Post #13
    February 2010
    242 Posts
    Its pretty cool. The hatak wont fly for me either also the chair dosent quite work right. Whenever I try to sit in it my view shifts to an odd position and I cant do anything but get out.
    Yeah, try using the physgun just to unfreeze the DHD and gate, then it should work. If I press R with the physgun on the Ha'tak GMod crashes for me.

14. Post #14
    August 2009
    166 Posts
    the rockets of the f302 not work for me, i get error models for it and if i shoot the rockets the not move Oo
    same hear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Rocket models are out of PHX

Edited:

Yeah, try using the physgun just to unfreeze the DHD and gate, then it should work. If I press R with the physgun on the Ha'tak GMod crashes for me.
    Working on this, aVoN has set the dhd and gate to automatically freeze when spawned. When i reverse this my game crashes

Edited:

Question: Where does the weapons fire from on the destiny shuttle?

16. Post #16
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    So you gone add this to carter pack ?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    So you gone add this to carter pack ?
    Eventually, not quite yet though

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    Eventually, not quite yet though
    owke just wondering :)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Revision 3:
    Code:
    Added: Destiny Shuttle

20. Post #20
    August 2009
    166 Posts
    Revision 3:
    Code:
    Added: Destiny Shuttle
    Sorry but the shuttle don't let u get in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    242 Posts
    Sorry but the shuttle don't let u get in it.
    Yeah, When I first spawn it, I get the LUA error:
    Code:
    ...les (ronon)\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_shuttle\init.lua:264: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    Then, when I try to enter it, I get this:
    Code:
    ...hicles (ronon)\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_base\init.lua:41: bad argument #1 to 'SetNetworkedEntity' (string expected, got nil)
    I have some suggestions for the Ha'tak.

Could you make the Yaw turn to face where you aim? so you can always see the Gate inside the Ha'tak when you aim somewhere else. Like the jumper, but only Yaw.

Could you add a button to Freeze the Ha'tak? So when you're finished and parked, you can press the freeze key and exit the Ha'tak without being shaken to death.

Also, just wondering, why does it have XYZ inputs? Is that for planned weapons?

I'm glad someone finally made a drivable Ha'tak though, I really like it :)
    -------------

I can't get the control chair to fire Drones D:
    I use both XYZ, but it doesn't fire.

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    13 Posts
    Having lua errors aswell but it looks nice:)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Yeah, When I first spawn it, I get the LUA error:
    Code:
    ...les (ronon)\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_shuttle\init.lua:264: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    Then, when I try to enter it, I get this:
    Code:
    ...hicles (ronon)\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_base\init.lua:41: bad argument #1 to 'SetNetworkedEntity' (string expected, got nil)
    Oh yeah forgot to include the turret entity. If you update now it should be fine

24. Post #24
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    wow no offence but you suck at creating icons

use my base:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    wow no offence but you suck at creating icons

use my base:

Yeah that was my first attempt, ive already ripped a background from others

26. Post #26
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    Yeah that was my first attempt, ive already ripped a background from others
    well this one is clean and will fit with others so use this or show yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    well this one is clean and will fit with others so use this or show yours.

Ripped from the malp spawn icon

28. Post #28

February 2009
    672 Posts
    malp spawn

can i have the malp pls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    mapl spwan

can i have the malp pls?
    First learn to spell, and second no it's part of Rev. 45 i just have the spawn icon.

30. Post #30

February 2009
    672 Posts
    i cant leave the shuttle

Edited:

and your chair is buggy the light gos on but im not in the near of the chair

Edited:

and what is the shild activate

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    i cant leave the shuttle

Edited:

and your chair is buggy the light gos on but im not in the near of the chair

Edited:

rev 45 ?? we are (stargate mod) rev 46
    The base light is supposed to go on, Rev. 45 content, and i need a little more than "i cant leave the shuttle"

32. Post #32

February 2009
    672 Posts
    some times i must use e 4 times then i leave the ship i fly left ....... right i cant change

destiny shild?? what button

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    some times i must use e 4 times then i leave the ship i fly left ....... right i cant change

destiny shild?? what button
    Again learn to spell, and go to the Stargate Tab then Keybinders, Destiny Shuttle and Toggle Shield, default is ALT

34. Post #34

February 2009
    672 Posts
    thx if you say me how can i made an gmod movie than i upload it

Edited:

my shield status is zero every time

35. Post #35
    February 2010
    242 Posts
    thx if you say me how can i made an gmod movie than i upload it

Edited:

my shield status is zero every time
    Same here :S
    Maybe it needs a ZPM.
    On our server, if we try and exit the shuttle, the camera suddenly changes and the use key (E) will not let us exit the shuttle and we have to undo it, then we get teleported to a certain place in the map.

36. Post #36
    January 2008
    975 Posts
    mah mine is smoother

37. Post #37

February 2009
    672 Posts
    Same here :S
    Maybe it needs a ZPM.
    On our server, if we try and exit the shuttle, the camera suddenly changes and the use key (E) will not let us exit the shuttle and we have to undo it, then we get teleported to a certain place in the map.
    thia ia my problem i use e five times then i leave the ship

and i dont have LS 2 or RD 2 on my server on my client i have only LS3 and RD 3

Edited:

please delete the super sonic effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2010
    171 Posts
    Please use correct grammar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    SVN Updated, Shuttle fix(You can get out now)

40. Post #40

February 2009
    672 Posts
    can you fix the shield hud please i have always 0%