1. Post #1041
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    Then you should go see a doctor.

It's this one:
    http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45347

Anyway guys, I'm away until tomorrow evening. Don't make a mess!
    Hello everybody, I felt like starting a flame war and figured this is a wonderful thread to begin in, especially while the OP is gone.

Edited:

:3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1042
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    oh realy... sorry :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

3. Post #1043
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    oh realy... sorry :)
    U SUX

Not starting a flamewar :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #1044
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Atmosphere in the video is great.
    Dust effects from the ceiling, dull impact sounds (when you walk down the ramp to the left corridor)...really cool.

Only thing i'm uncertain about, is the recurring alert sound.
    The constant alert sound is nice, but the other one sounds a bit like someone is constantly hitting a buzzer :3:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1045
    June 2010
    29 Posts
    Atmosphere in the video is great.
    Dust effects from the ceiling, dull impact sounds (when you walk down the ramp to the left corridor)...really cool.

The constant alert sound is nice, but the other one sounds a bit like someone is constantly hitting a buzzer :3:.
    yes, this soundsis like the error buzzer in Portal2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

6. Post #1046
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Hello everybody, I felt like starting a flame war and figured this is a wonderful thread to begin in, especially while the OP is gone.

Edited:

:3:
    :colbert:

Yeah, the "buzzer" need to be shorter in length, a bit higher and come in shorter intervals.

After listening to the alarm again more closely, I noticed a third sound beside the siren and the buzzer. Sounds almost like the energy ball of a combine rifle when held with the gravity gun. I can't believe I never noticed that before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

7. Post #1047
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Will you prepare also version of map for CAP users, without kino dispenser, consoles and apple core?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #1048
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Will you prepare also version of map for CAP users, without kino dispenser, consoles and apple core?
    He will do as he likes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1049
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    "Will you prepare a version of the map for CAP users, without kino dispenser, consoles and apple core?"

well...deleting a few things off the map, to make certain areas more customizeable for users later on, may be a good idea considering the balance act with the brush limit tikay seems to be on most the time.
    however,...i wouldn't have argumented soley with "for CAP users".

:D no offense madman...i see the ulterior motive behind the question, to replace e.g. the brush-made controle interface by tikay, with the new controle interface you're currently coding (which i think is awesome)...
    but let's take on a few more hours, days etc. of waiting to see what tikay comes up with.
    who knows how soon the brush limit will knock on his door again.

10. Post #1050
    April 2009
    930 Posts

well...deleting a few things off the map, to make certain areas more customizeable for users later on, may be a good idea considering the balance act with the brush limit tikay seems to be on most the time.

:D no offense madman...i see the ulterior motive behind the question, to replace e.g. the brush-made controle interface by tikay, with the new controle interface you're currently coding (which i think is awesome)...
    but let's take on a few more hours, days etc. of waiting to see what tikay comes up with.
    I predict 20 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1051
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    I predict 20 minutes.
    xD how you wanna know that?

12. Post #1052
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    xD how you wanna know that?
    Because the Source engine has a habbit of fucking you over quite easilly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1053
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Because the Source engine has a habbit of fucking you over quite easilly.
    depends on, if tikay is "currently" working on it :D

14. Post #1054
    July 2010
    2,050 Posts
    i've got a prediction that if all objects that are in brush form/or not a ent, people will start to complain about it, so I think what madman suggest would be indeed the best choose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events

15. Post #1055
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    i've got a prediction that if all objects that are in brush form/or not a ent, people will start to complain about it, so I think what madman suggest would be indeed the best choose.
    Or, tikay could have all the props in the map, and all people need to do is simply create a gatespawner, and walk around the map with the fucking remover tool and remove all of the props and replace them with entities! Holly shit! It's so fucking simple!

Edited:

depends on, if tikay is "currently" working on it :D
    Source will screw you regardless of weather you are working on it or not. Somehow, the map brushes will double even without Hammer being open. It's amazing really...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Or, tikay could have all the props in the map, and all people need to do is simply create a gatespawner, and walk around the map with the fucking remover tool and remove all of the props and replace them with entities! Holly shit! It's so fucking simple!

Edited:

Source will screw you regardless of weather you are working on it or not. Somehow, the map brushes will double even without Hammer being open. It's amazing really...
    Not to mention that you sometimes can go over the limit with 400%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #1057
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Ooooookay, seems like I'll have to resolve some misunderstandings.

I already use your kino dispenser and consoles thanks to the gatespawner file, so why should I remove them? oO
    I don't know yet about the applecore. Depends on how much work I'll put in my own one in the end.

If everything goes according to plan, there will be a few empty rooms for people to fill.

The brush limit has no big impact on details, because I turn everything complex into a model with Propper, but it severely hinders my drive to add more corridors and rooms as a whole.
    Also, my aplcr unit is not brush-made. oO It's a model I slapped together in XSI. And even if I would have built it out of brushes, I would have used Propper to turn it into a model.

Of course you agree with him about using stuff from your addon.
    Again, how the hell do you people get the impression everything consists of brushes? Models, models, models. If you ignore the textures for now, theres no model in the map I'd consider plain ugly right now. Some are simpler than others, but nothing to complain about. Not that I would care much for "complaints" about a free service...
    People can complain about wasting their time in case I never release it, but that's it.

Not to mention that you sometimes can go over the limit with 400%
    Not the brush limit. It's hardcoded. Though, there are other limits like waterindices and entdata that can be exceeded because they are merely guidelines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1058
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    I already use your kino dispenser and consoles thanks to the gatespawner file, so why should I remove them? oO
    I don't know yet about the applecore. Depends on how much work I'll put in my own one in the end.
    Ah, then no problem, I just thought they are going to be not useable models. Here you got screen, what our Apple Core do now: http://i55.tinypic.com/28v37t3.jpg . Today I added to it dynamic light and steam comming from top.
    Just don't consider it as advertisement.

Of course you agree with him about using stuff from your addon.
    It's just because 90% ppl here don't like us as we made stuff that they will never be able to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

19. Post #1059
    Dennab
    October 2007
    2,399 Posts
    Can't wait for you to complete this. It will give me a reason to install Gmod again.
    Fingers crossed it won't be an unstable shitheap playing this level in Sandbox.
    Spacebuild was amazing on the original Gmod10.

Edited:

I didn't mean that your map would be unstable, It's just I really hate what Gmod has become.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1060
    March 2010
    39 Posts
    It's just because 90% ppl here don't like us as we made stuff that they will never be able to do.
    Or maybe it's that pompous, self-righteous attitude you all seem to have :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1061
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Ah, then no problem, I just thought they are going to be not useable models. Here you got screen, what our Apple Core do now: http://i55.tinypic.com/28v37t3.jpg . Today I added to it dynamic light and steam comming from top.
    Just don't consider it as advertisement.

Your stuff is awesome, but some people doesn't have CAP.

Edited:

For cap, consider doing smaller addons too. Maybe SG-1, SGA and SGU packs where they contain stuff from respective show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

22. Post #1062
    July 2010
    2,050 Posts
    we'll do a lite version of CAP when we get there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Or maybe it's that pompous, self-righteous attitude you all seem to have :\
    You get like this after the amount of trolls and haters we've had collectively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1064
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    Your completely right, everybody on Facepunch is jealous of what you are capable of. It wouldn't have anything to do with some of your members thinking they are supperior to others, or that some of your members are advertising the pack on every other thread except for your own.

Edited:

You get like this after the amount of trolls and haters we've had collectively.
    There are alot, yes, but you could also block them and ignore them quite easilly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #1065
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    There are alot, yes, but you could also block them and ignore them quite easilly.
    True, but I used to go by "They might contribute something helpful at somepoint"... This never happened. So now I just don't post that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #1066
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Lord Hayden II, true. As long as Ronon and Iziraider (maybe Assasin, LLapp) are usual guys, me and Boba are selfish guys with huge ego (I'm not talking about locotus and his Wraith mind...). But still, being incredible egoist doesn't mean that our addon is bad and we should be punished for every mention about that...

Anyway, don''t spam Tikay's map post with stupid CAP stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #1067
    July 2010
    2,050 Posts
    Exactly lets gets back on topic :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #1068
    June 2007
    917 Posts
    Lord Hayden II, true. As long as Ronon and Iziraider (maybe Assasin, LLapp) are usual guys, me and Boba are selfish guys with huge ego (I'm not talking about locotus and his Wraith mind...). But still, being incredible egoist doesn't mean that our addon is bad and we should be punished for every mention about that...

Anyway, don''t spam Tikay's map post with stupid CAP stuff.
    lol so hard at this :-P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #1069
    June 2010
    29 Posts
    have you a % of the progress of the map? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

30. Post #1070

April 2011
    602 Posts
    have you a % of the progress of the map? :D
    It was at 99% but it dropped to 25% when you said that. Read the OP goddammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1071
    June 2010
    29 Posts
    ok... ^^"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

32. Post #1072
    April 2011
    30 Posts
    hows the map going, i am NOT asking for a % just how is it going?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1073
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    hows the map going, i am NOT asking for a % just how is it going?
    Insanely slowly, it's progress has slowed to point where tikay is stuck in a time bubble and is unable to talk to us. /useless post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1074
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Insanely, slowly it's progressed has slowed to point where tikay is stuck in a time bubble and is unable to talk to us. /useless post
    But finally he will solve the problem by using energy of reflez question, to power his asgard core.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    162 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

36. Post #1076
    June 2010
    58 Posts
    Great Job ^^ Any progress on the map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events

37. Post #1077
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    publish the map this summer? *-*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #1078

April 2011
    602 Posts
    Why, he created this thread like more than a year ago, a couple of weeks won't be much of a difference will it now? :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1079
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,754 Posts
    Don't nag about it. It will be done when it is done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1080
    June 2010
    29 Posts
    Why, he created this thread like more than a year ago, a couple of weeks won't be much of a difference will it now? :/
    rrraaah, you suck to always has to rebuff people, be cool O.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events