1. Post #1321
    i love everyone
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,351 Posts
    try to fix you.......
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1322

January 2012
    37 Posts
    sorry, fix the pod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

3. Post #1323

January 2012
    25 Posts
    i did not think the show was terrible.
    i hope you include the bridge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1324
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #1325
    April 2011
    341 Posts
    so when this will be done ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,216 Posts
    so when will this be done ??
    When he's done?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #1327
    April 2011
    341 Posts
    When he's done?
    LoL its about 2years when he started making this map ...

and one of players finished his map in year ... sg_the_fifth_race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1328
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    This is a question directed at the map maker. Now I've been reading through the fan screen play that was written to conclude the Stargate Universe series which I so loved. I am interested on making a joint venture to make a fan based snippet from it possibly just the trailer and if it leads to something maybe more.

I was going to look at making the map myself but seeing as most of it appears done I would love the map makers assistance in the project.
    Whoah, I'm late.
    This is interesting, but there are currently construction sites/unfinished areas absolutely everywhere on the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

9. Post #1329
    April 2011
    341 Posts
    omg ... can you finish your map please ? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1330
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,216 Posts
    omg ... can you finish your map please ? :)
    Here, two choices:

1) Wait for the map to be completed, i'd choose this because i prefer something polished and well-made...
    2) Continue to stress Tikay, resulting in him keeping his map private because 'someone' thinks he could decide when the mapper should release his map.

Your choice buddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #1331
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    I'm secretly adding 1 month to the release date whenever someone asks about the release.
    That's why it's taking so long. Has absolutely nothing to do with my laziness. Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332

July 2011
    27 Posts
    If u want, I can help u with textures( ofcourse u have no reason to trust me) ... Look, what I'm saying is that, u don't have to work alone, here are some brilliant people, players, who u can use, ofcourse it's your choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1333

April 2011
    602 Posts
    If u want, I can help u with textures( ofcourse u have no reason to trust me) ... Look, what I'm saying is that, u don't have to work alone, here are some brilliant people, players, who u can use, ofcourse it's your choice.
    The best artists are usually protective of their work, and Tikay is very good (not saying that absolutely means he's very protective).

@Charlie: If it's taken two years already you can wait for another two if you keeping buggering the man about it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1334
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    *adressed to tikay*

there's one thing i'm curious about.
    since you introduced the 3 buttons in the controle room of icarus base, which let it shake and all that stuff...i'm wondering how "dynamic" a map and its surroundings/background can be.

would it be possible via. code/textures to run a scenery, that simulates destiny passing through a gas giant or diving into a red dwarf star?

now, i'm not talking about the ">switch button and boom! you're there<" solution, but about a more complex approach.

for example:
    you trigger the "gas giant" scenery via console command and it starts out by said gas giant popping up in the distant of the skybox/background.
    the ship then slowly approaches the planet, until contact for an aero-breaking manouver.
    with the ship shaking etc., the scenery ends after a while once destiny has cleared the atmosphere and stops shaking.

although i expect a "no, it's not possible", because of certain engine limitations set by the hammer-editor, i nevertheless thought it would be worth to bring the idea in anyway ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1335
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    *adressed to tikay*

there's one thing i'm curious about.
    since you introduced the 3 buttons in the controle room of icarus base, which let it shake and all that stuff...i'm wondering how "dynamic" a map and its surroundings/background can be.

would it be possible via. code/textures to run a scenery, that simulates destiny passing through a gas giant or diving into a red dwarf star?

now, i'm not talking about the ">switch button and boom! you're there<" solution, but about a more complex approach.

for example:
    you trigger the "gas giant" scenery via console command and it starts out by said gas giant popping up in the distant of the skybox/background.
    the ship then slowly approaches the planet, until contact for an aero-breaking manouver.
    with the ship shaking etc., the scenery ends after a while once destiny has cleared the atmosphere and stops shaking.

although i expect a "no, it's not possible", because of certain engine limitations set by the hammer-editor, i nevertheless thought it would be worth to bring the idea in anyway ^^
    Probably quite possible with a 3d skybox and lots of lua, but it's whether someone is actually going to make it that is the question ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

16. Post #1336
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Technically Possible? Yes.
    But very like combined with massive FPS drops and a lot of trial and error with the particle editor.
    I'd simply let a massive ball of particles grow in the 3d skybox, simulating destiny flying towards it.
    The problem is the way translucent particles are drawn by the engine. The more large translucent particles make up the players view, the worse the performance drops.
    Meaning 100 particles very close to the player can be worse than 1400 in the distance.
    Look for "Overdraw" here if you want a better explanation.

The scene could be made less ressource consuming with an animated model: a sphere growing and with the particles as "topping" to conceal the simple spherical shape of the model itself. An animated texture on the sphere model could further contribute to the "gas giants" appearance.

Interesting idea. I'll keep it in mind but don't keep your hopes up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1337
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Sure, no hopes on my end. ^^"
    This was after all just a thought, whether the game engine would support such things or not.

I guess the ftl particle effect from the first video could come handy for the gas giant scenery, if the idea would ever find space to fit into hammer's strict resource limitations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #1338

July 2011
    27 Posts
    I'm secretly adding 1 month to the release date whenever someone asks about the release.
    That's why it's taking so long. Has absolutely nothing to do with my laziness. Nope.
    "Just stop acting like a child, please!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1339
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    "Just stop acting like a child, please!"
    Um... He's not acting like a child. It was a sarcastic joke. Sure, text doesn't detect sarcasm, but the wording should have been enough. If he is serious however, then yes, that's a bit childish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1340

July 2011
    27 Posts
    Um... He's not acting like a child. It was a sarcastic joke. Sure, text doesn't detect sarcasm, but the wording should have been enough. If he is serious however, then yes, that's a bit childish.
    A bit?We, who have kept our mouth shut, are responsible for the behavior of these crying fans, who keep asking the release date? Is it called teamwork? Yes, but this is a public thread, where millions of people can comment any time, I suggest ignoring those posts. And if nothing helps, then take ur bats and let's go knocking doors and do some ... punishment :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1341
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    A bit?We, who has kept our mouth shut, are responsible for the behavior of these crying fans, who keep asking the release date, it is called teamwork, yes, but this is a public thread, where millions of people can comment any time, I suggest ignoring those posts. And if nothing helps, then take ur bats and let's go knocking doors and do some ... punishment :D
    That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #1342
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    He's saying: Don't punish all for the mistakes of the few.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

23. Post #1343

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Don't Panic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #1344
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    At least I'm entertained while on vacation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1345
    March 2010
    28 Posts
    Oh shit, it's released, wait, nevermind. Not like it takes over 2 years to make a map that's 90% corridors, oh wait....
    I'll drop by in another 2 months to see the other 20 posts that have been added about no progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1346

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Somebody try dial the nine chevron?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1347
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    I did and it works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1348

January 2012
    37 Posts
    not now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

29. Post #1349
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    not now!
    no really i dialed the 9 chevron address or is it something besides that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #1350

January 2012
    37 Posts
    "People need the truth"

Eli Wallace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #1351
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,739 Posts
    Sometimes when I miss Stargate Universe a lot, I go watch the pictures in the OP and smile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree x 6Funny x 2Friendly x 2Winner x 1Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1352

August 2012
    7 Posts
    are you still working on the map? Id really like to be able to download it. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1353

July 2011
    27 Posts
    are you still working on the map? Id really like to be able to download it. :)
    Aww shit u retard, someone just said in here, like in SGU 3 years, it has been 2 years, so 3 -2 = ???
    enough with those retarded questions!
    By Dexynboy : Release Date:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhT3e3QkA_c
    13:20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #1354
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1355

September 2012
    2 Posts
    sad to watch a project that came this far die off what a shame:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1356
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Although there's no need to comment on the previous replies, which are constantly bumping a thread there has no update been in for a while now, let me make this clear once an for all.

Tikay said a while ago, that incase this project should ever die which it will definitely NOT, he would say that it's dead and from what i remember, post the raw files for it so someone else can go for it.

So... has he ever made a statement/post up until now saying that it's dead?
    No he hasn't.
    Periodicaly bumping this thread in the hopes of making him go faster won't help.

Imagine if one of you is working on a long-term project for your hobby or even worse, for school.
    You probably wouldn't have the will to constantly work on it 24/7 either, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1357

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Nobody said it was easy and no one ever said it would be this hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1358

January 2012
    37 Posts
    http://trollface.cc/i/23026.gif?t=1348399160

(User was banned for this post ("Bump" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

39. Post #1359

July 2011
    27 Posts
    Any updates?

(User was banned for this post ("Bump" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #1360
    July 2009
    639 Posts
    Any updates?
    if there was an update he would post an update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)