1. Post #761
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    You put into these sounds?
    We are very happy and I think the others like it. :)
    I already have sounds. Thanks anyway.

Really, really nice! Looks incredibly great!

@Tikay: The last video of another Destiny map ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzU9SkcGLG0 ) is made by a german guy in a steam clan Im in for CS:S, but this is looking totally more awesome :D
    Did McKay ever tell you that at first, most of the stuff in the map was taken by him without permission of the original creators? Even though he got permission of most of them afterwards, it doesn't rectify his past actions. I'm sorry to bring this up, but reading "is made by" hit a nerve...

no, hayden, it is a video of the map you managed to be taken down
    Considering that it seemingly is still being developed and distributed inside of his clan, I wonder how permanent the take-down was...

Just a thought with your particle effect.
    Do you think you could get those stars to begin moving past the ship once those blue particles have engulfed the destiny?
    Yes, I could simply make them start moving one or a half second later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

2. Post #762
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    Oh brilliant, I feel that it would look better if the ship started "moving" only once it had fully jumped to FTL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #763
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Hm, but it jumps suddenly, meaning the clouds and stars get visible at the same time. It's not really accelerating.

4. Post #764
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    Your right, but your particles would need to engulf the ship almost instantly and then slow down, it wouldnt look right.

Edited:

Could you toggle the transparency of the particles on the fly, and perhaps use a screen overlay as the ship jumps, everyones vision goes white or something. I may have to look at the posibility of having a refractive animated overlay. I'm off to play with Hammer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #765
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    When I get the screen distortion effect done, you won't even notice. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    I know you won't release a half arsed map.
    Looking forward to it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #767

April 2011
    602 Posts
    I already have sounds. Thanks anyway.

Did McKay ever tell you that at first, most of the stuff in the map was taken by him without permission of the original creators? Even though he got permission of most of them afterwards, it doesn't rectify his past actions. I'm sorry to bring this up, but reading "is made by" hit a nerve...

Considering that it seemingly is still being developed and distributed inside of his clan, I wonder how permanent the take-down was...

Oh man, sorry I didnt know that... I know how it feels by people taking licensed/copyrighted stuff without permission, most likely something youve work a long time on.. Well Im leaving that clan anyways because of their stupid spam annoncement.. Well I totally agree with you on everything..

Anyways, good luck with your much more awesome map :D Would have refrased myself if I knew!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

8. Post #768
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    I'll also use the sounds?
    or did you have all this sound?
    shuttle door
    or corridor background sounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

9. Post #769
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    I'll also use the sounds?
    or did you have all this sound?
    shuttle door
    or corridor background sounds
    I have all the sounds I need.

Anyway, I made some minor texture and model changes to doorframes and finally got some windows done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 5 (list)

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Yay! Windows :D I can look out at the stars without walking to the observation deck (Yes I'm lazy in games too) :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    seriously tikay...
    more screenshots...and i'll die from not being able to play this map :D

never mind though :P

Portal sphere: "so much space, need to see it all"
    ---

Yay! Windows :D I can look out at the stars without walking to the observation deck (Yes I'm lazy in games too) :P
    :D I wouldn't mind taking a long walk all across the map, just to get to the observation deck...even if i'd be in a window'ed room at the time.

12. Post #772

April 2011
    602 Posts
    HOT DAMN :D

So awsum :D

13. Post #773
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Portal sphere: "so much space, need to see it all"
    Spaaaaaaaaace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #774
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    thanx updates. :)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    :D I wouldn't mind taking a long walk all across the map, just to get to the observation deck...even if i'd be in a window'ed room at the time.
    If someone were to carry me across map, i'd be good with it :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    July 2010
    2,048 Posts
    Lol nice job man, really looking forward to this :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #777
    June 2007
    917 Posts

yea so you can see me dancing on the wing lol or my hive pulling up next to you going.. "hayy noticed you were in the area whats up" lol

Edited:

I have all the sounds I need.

Anyway, I made some minor texture and model changes to doorframes and finally got some windows done.
    <<<has slight heart attack after seeing new pictures.... ughh i cant wait to play this map in game.. will not come out of my stasis chamber for days .... culling heck no im playing gmod and destiny map..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #778

April 2011
    602 Posts
    yea so you can see me dancing on the wing lol or my hive pulling up next to you going.. "hayy noticed you were in the area whats up" lol

Edited:

<<<has slight heart attack after seeing new pictures.... ughh i cant wait to play this map in game.. will not come out of my stasis chamber for days .... culling heck no im playing gmod and destiny map..
    Then what would you do if I activated my Attero device and you were stranded all alone in the lonely universe when Destiny jumps on? :D

But jeah, really cool things going on in this thread!

19. Post #779
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    The bridge you'll know the buttons to do Looks like the new CAP destiny cobsols?
    that light when you turn on.

Edited:

end the other consols. :)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Whaa...need to keep working on the bridge door model. :D
    Can't wait to play on the map ^^

21. Post #781
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    If this map will be ready for it will mean that you will never get bored!

22. Post #782
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    The bridge you'll know the buttons to do Looks like the new CAP destiny cobsols?
    that light when you turn on.

Edited:

end the other consols. :)
    What?

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    I presume he was talking about the new feature of the destiny console by CAP.
    When you press the buttons, they light up and play a couple of button_press sounds.
    His question was probably meant to sound like:
    "Will the bridge consoles light-up like the buttons of the destiny console by CAP?"

24. Post #784
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    yes... thnaks. :)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    That sentence makes no sense at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #786

April 2011
    602 Posts
    That sentence makes no sense at all.
    Hahah but its true! :p This map + full version of Atlantis really floating on water/underwater with underwater jumper bay, enormous spaces the usual stuff etc + new stuff and full version of the SGC with a lot of levels/floors and ground level + a lot of smaller offworld sites = Epic Stargate gameplay!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    Hahah but its true! :p This map + full version of Atlantis really floating on water/underwater with underwater jumper bay, enormous spaces the usual stuff etc + new stuff and full version of the SGC with a lot of levels/floors and ground level + a lot of smaller offworld sites = Epic Stargate gameplay!
    TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited:

atlantis underwater map? :O
    download link? :D

Edited:

full version of the SGC ?

Edited:

What are these maps and where can I download them? :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

28. Post #788
    January 2009
    65 Posts
    Wonderful job on the map. The only suggestion I can make is to add some rust decals sometime soon. The show depicts this vessel as being seriously old and rustic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    Wonderful job on the map. The only suggestion I can make is to add some rust decals sometime soon. The show depicts this vessel as being seriously old and rustic.
    Rustic means from the countryside.(or something like that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #790

April 2011
    602 Posts
    TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited:

atlantis underwater map? :O
    download link? :D

Edited:

full version of the SGC ?

Edited:

What are these maps and where can I download them? :O
    I said if we had all that we would have all the epic material to create an awesome Stargate World together with Avon's Stargate, CAP and SG-Mod or something else smexy.

To my knowledge none of the "map ideas" I wrote actually exists, except for the beatiful Destiny W.I.P being discussed in this very thread, of course!

31. Post #791
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    and the underwater Atlantis?

32. Post #792

April 2011
    602 Posts
    Doesnt exists as far as I know :/ Though there is a guy called "adrianoooo321" or something like that, he's going to give a new Atlantis map a try and wanted me as a beta tester Ill be sure to try to incorporate some ideas :D

But anyways, Im not a mapper at all, the Source SDK freaks me out (Im used to coding good old Pawn) with its 10000000000000 materials instead of just simple models :/ But with my very very limited knowledge of it, I would still believe that it would be easier for a mapper to first create the real city of Atlantis floating on top of an ocean, finish the city, the water and all that, and then move on to making some changes to the city and fitting it to the same seafloor, probably. Would also be nice if some areas could be flooded and the shield would keep the water out (perhaps you could exit the shield if in a jumper or some kind of suit or something to the mobile drilling platform or something on the seafloor through the underwater jumper bay in that version? :o).

Well as you see Im kind of crazy, but we will see what I ideas I can get for him that will actually work in GMod :D

Anyways lets not get too off-topic, this is the thread about the Destiny after all! Though I dont see why stargate fans would be angry for discussing anything about the franchise <3

33. Post #793
    January 2009
    65 Posts
    Rustic means from the countryside.(or something like that)
    Rustic means to have properties of rust. As in something metal that has been sitting around for years and the metal has been oxidizing. Don't correct people on silly little things like this, especially when they are trying to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Apollo, Rusty means that what you say, rustic means that what izi said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #795
    March 2011
    58 Posts
    Doesnt exists as far as I know :/ Though there is a guy called "adrianoooo321" or something like that, he's going to give a new Atlantis map a try and wanted me as a beta tester Ill be sure to try to incorporate some ideas :D

But anyways, Im not a mapper at all, the Source SDK freaks me out (Im used to coding good old Pawn) with its 10000000000000 materials instead of just simple models :/ But with my very very limited knowledge of it, I would still believe that it would be easier for a mapper to first create the real city of Atlantis floating on top of an ocean, finish the city, the water and all that, and then move on to making some changes to the city and fitting it to the same seafloor, probably. Would also be nice if some areas could be flooded and the shield would keep the water out (perhaps you could exit the shield if in a jumper or some kind of suit or something to the mobile drilling platform or something on the seafloor through the underwater jumper bay in that version? :o).

Well as you see Im kind of crazy, but we will see what I ideas I can get for him that will actually work in GMod :D

Anyways lets not get too off-topic, this is the thread about the Destiny after all! Though I dont see why stargate fans would be angry for discussing anything about the franchise <3

Okay. :D

36. Post #796
    March 2010
    39 Posts
    Rustic means to have properties of rust. As in something metal that has been sitting around for years and the metal has been oxidizing. Don't correct people on silly little things like this, especially when they are trying to help.
    Do you do any kind of research?
    Rustic - of, pertaining to, or living in the country, as distinguished from towns or cities; rural.
    Rusty - covered with or affected by rust.

Seriously people, google is there for a reason :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

37. Post #797
    June 2009
    97 Posts
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Seriously people, google is there for a reason :\
    Google has all the answers.

Edited:

Yea me too.

Also, the map continues to look even more amazing! Good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    Google has all the answers.
    No, my iPod is still missing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Any progress?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #800
    May 2011
    5 Posts
    Hi, I'm mappeur in the SG-A team. It's a stargate team in CS:S. Is it possible that you give me the observation desk to complete the sga's maps. If you want give that, I add your pseudo in the map.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    See you ! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)