1. Post #1281

January 2012
    37 Posts
    make the map so that you look at the episodes of the series and build it on the map.
    episode episode. and build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1282
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    no, just no.
    it only needs to be a map, that has everything in it which is possible to be build in hammer, but not too much so it runs smoothly.
    if he would do it like a series of episodes, the map could take 3 years or even more :P (anyone got the reference?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1283

January 2012
    37 Posts
    How to move between levels?
    ladders or elevators?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

4. Post #1284
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    How to move between levels?
    ladders or elevators?
    Unless you missed out every gateroom-scene, how about stairs for a change? :P
    The elevator probably won't be an option, since there won't be a bridge to "elevate" to.

Ladders?...nhaa >_<
    As far as i know, we haven't seen the actors crawling up and down any ladders.
    Destiny's levels should be so close to each other, that a simple ramp from one level to another should be enough.
    E.g.: A ramp like the one which Rush, Volker and Young went upwards to the gateroom, during Rush's ragequit in (S01EP04:Darkness)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #1285
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1286

April 2011
    602 Posts
    no, just no.
    it only needs to be a map, that has everything in it which is possible to be build in hammer, but not too much so it runs smoothly.
    if he would do it like a series of episodes, the map could take 3 years or even more :P (anyone got the reference?)
    It's already taken 2 years, creating the Destiny in a wholly detailed and complete way is impossible on Source. Although that won't stop me from playing the map if it comes out because Tikay can still make it very good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1287
    April 2009
    930 Posts
    I do believe there are ladders in Destiny. I think it was in the last episodes of Season 1, Eli was in a different part of the ship and he had to climb a ladder...which he didn't like...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #1288

January 2012
    37 Posts
    I think it was in the last episodes of Season 1, Eli was in a different part of the ship and he had to climb a ladder

and Episode 6 Water :)

9. Post #1289
    July 2010
    10 Posts
    So when will out this map? about the ship: you have to add the bridge and the robot hangar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1290
    April 2011
    30 Posts
    um, he doesn't have to add the bridge and robot hanger if he doesn't want to, he said maybe in later revs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1291

July 2011
    27 Posts
    hmm, maybe the beta map could be without the bridge and the finished one with the bridge :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

12. Post #1292
    July 2010
    2,052 Posts
    hmm, maybe the beta map could be without the bridge and the finished one with the bridge :P
    Don't really care about things that aren't currently in it, as long as Tikay releases it I'm happy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

13. Post #1293

July 2011
    27 Posts
    I can't agree with u more :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1294

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Tikay
    can you make a on/off lights?

15. Post #1295
    May 2011
    97 Posts
    Tikay
    can you make a on/off lights?
    im pretty sure he already did that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #1296
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    with the entire setting of the map (excluding too complicated areas)...
    this could become an ideal map for cinematic recreations.
    xD the only thing missing, would be some character/player models from sgu.

EDIT: perhaps this has already been answered, but will there be some random steam effects alongside the corridors?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #1297

July 2011
    27 Posts
    gmod 13 infinity destiny map, entire destiny....10 years of work :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #1298

April 2011
    602 Posts
    gmod 13 infinity destiny map, entire destiny....10 years of work :D
    No. Map repeater doesn't work that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #1299

January 2012
    37 Posts
    The map release this summer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #1300
    April 2011
    30 Posts
    have you people ever heard of the saying "the greatest works of art, take the greatest amount of time"
    this is a great map therefore will take a great amount of time to finish. so please just be patient for once in your life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1301

January 2012
    37 Posts
    fine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #1302
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    2 years? at least put out a beta to make people happy. if you do tikay, you wouldn't see many "when is this going to be released" or "is there a beta?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1303
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    ...and you'll see more, "this map looks unfinished", and "you should add feature X".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1304
    November 2010
    20 Posts
    2 years? at least put out a beta to make people happy. if you do tikay, you wouldn't see many "when is this going to be released" or "is there a beta?"
    Hey guy Make a map which is faithful to the stargate series and you can come to criticize tikay but for moment you can't ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305

July 2011
    27 Posts
    I must agree with ya, it has been 2 years, a beta version would be great.... And don't u geeks and no-lifers start complaining, that I'm wrong, i don't want to hear it.anyway Good luck with da map tikaly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1306
    March 2010
    1,079 Posts
    I must agree with ya, it has been 2 years, a beta version would be great.... And don't u geeks and no-lifers start complaining, that I'm wrong, i don't want to hear it.anyway Good luck with da map tikaly
    A beta version release is up to tikay. Same goes with the final release. He probably wants to not have to go through a bunch of different versions and would rather complete it in one release, with any other release general fixes and not huge changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1307
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    March 2010
    28 Posts
    I'd just go with the "I'm currently doing some stuff in real life which is causing me to never ever ever be able to work on the map, even after 2 years"
    Seems a lot more believable than "Hue, working on it, it'll be done soon guise, k bai xoxo"

Because, honestly, this is Rev 45 all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

29. Post #1309
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    seriously guys, just wait till it's done...
    the only reason why avons rev.45 has never been finished and he ultimately gave up on it, was because people were constantly asking the same questions over and over and over again.

the ultimate answer to the ongoing chitchat with: "do this, do that! when will it be finished?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IHdaagXWas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1310

January 2012
    37 Posts
    something interesting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1311
    April 2009
    445 Posts
    This is a question directed at the map maker. Now I've been reading through the fan screen play that was written to conclude the Stargate Universe series which I so loved. I am interested on making a joint venture to make a fan based snippet from it possibly just the trailer and if it leads to something maybe more.

I was going to look at making the map myself but seeing as most of it appears done I would love the map makers assistance in the project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #1312

July 2012
    1 Posts
    Tikay, just to know, you could estimate the finished work? This is not to find a release date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1313
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Tikay, just to know, you could estimate the finished work? This is not to find a release date.
    Just go off a "it will be released when it is done". Pestering people for a release date isn't helpful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #1314

January 2012
    37 Posts
    yes, but others will not........
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

35. Post #1315
    April 2009
    445 Posts
    This is a question directed at the map maker. Now I've been reading through the fan screen play that was written to conclude the Stargate Universe series which I so loved. I am interested on making a joint venture to make a fan based snippet from it possibly just the trailer and if it leads to something maybe more.

I was going to look at making the map myself but seeing as most of it appears done I would love the map makers assistance in the project.
    May I ask, how that response was dumb...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1316

August 2012
    1 Posts
    Give us a realease date...or a beta!!!!!NOW!!!!!!
    You worked on it more then 2 years now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events

37. Post #1317
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Give us a realease date...or a beta!!!!!NOW!!!!!!
    You worked on it more then 2 years now!
    Sorry pal, but Destiny has just left the Galaxy occupied by the Drones and is currently in transit across the void, to the next one.
    ETA at the edge of the next galaxy, 1+ years.
    Any attempts to force Destiny to drop out of FTL too soon, will result in a catastrophic failure of the mission (map).
    Until further notice by Homeworld Command (tikay), gate travel to Destiny has been suspended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 3Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

38. Post #1318

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #1319
    April 2011
    30 Posts
    pure gold my friend! Quick question what do you think happens to Eli?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #1320

January 2012
    37 Posts
    try to fix you.......