just over two hours until supposed patch that fixes some shit

here's hoping we can actually play the game now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #4482
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,119 Posts
    Still nobody offering a spare invite? :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4483
    June 2010
    217 Posts
    Was on the roll with 2500 $, wanted to clean the cash and then.... crash :|.

Ps: im in EU2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #4484
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    server going down for patch, rejoice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #4485
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,037 Posts
    How many criminal FPers do we have on EU2 anyways?

If we have enough we could make a clan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

6. Post #4486
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,108 Posts
    you can make a clan with two people lolo

Facepunch Enforcers Obeya

2 members

JohnBadass
    JillBadass

7. Post #4487
    Wnd
    October 2010
    1,601 Posts
    Is it just me or is game quite laggy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Azerbaijan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4488
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Servers are going down for patch.

Gonna continue Byron then Lillith then I can buy the Mikro

9. Post #4489
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,527 Posts
    When will the patch be up?

My launcher's giving me nowt so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

10. Post #4490
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,108 Posts
    in 2 minutes at 09:00AM PST

11. Post #4491
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,527 Posts
    still not getting anything on the launcher.

12. Post #4492
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    same, need my apb fix, im frothing at the mouth over here

13. Post #4493
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,453 Posts
    you can make a clan with two people lolo

Facepunch Enforcers Obeya

2 members

JohnBadass
    JillBadass
    You changed your FP account or something? I recall playing with somebody with the same name during the first closed beta. I was called Pulse or something ridiculous.

I'm on Obeya (Criminal) called Sam, if anybody wants to play after the patch is live.

14. Post #4494
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,108 Posts
    no, during the RTB closed beta I do believe I was JohnCross

15. Post #4495
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,407 Posts
    some xml just downloaded on the launcher, may have been the update, don't know really

Edited:

oh shit new patch ahoy, launch your launcherfiers

16. Post #4496
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,108 Posts
    patch is done, login server is not up though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4497
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Have you even read the developer blog? The weapon leasing is in favor of the player. You end up paying less for the weapon then you did buying it for a lifetime, plus you get most weapons for free just by ranking up with a contact.
    This is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. So lets say the Obeya costs 5.5k (this is not really accurate, just making numbers up) for 10 days. Well after two days I decide I want it forever. I purchase the permanent one for 10k. That means I just spent 15.5K on a 10k weapon. If I didnt buy the permanent weapon, I would be spending more money if I rented it twice. Sure you get to "try before you buy" but in the end you just waste money.

Now, this wouldnt be that big of a deal but when you get to the million dollar weapons, it becomes one. $100,000,000 weapon for "rent" at $100,000. Thats a huge deal right? Say you are at $900,000 and just cant wait anymore. You rent one and now you have to take another god knows how long to get the perma weapon. (Plus the whole 'now you spent $100,100k' thing)

In the end, its a stupid system put in place for people who cant wait just a little longer to get a gun or are too afraid to take a leap and buy something they havent had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #4498
    April 2011
    165 Posts
    woah wait can you still buy instead of rent weapons? I just got into beta and I thought you could only lease?

19. Post #4499
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    woah wait can you still buy instead of rent weapons? I just got into beta and I thought you could only lease?
    Only rentals for now.

20. Post #4500
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    this is fucking bullshit

i still can't find a fucking download link

Edited:

that works

21. Post #4501
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,453 Posts
    just download gamersfirst live

press the APB button

22. Post #4502
    March 2011
    605 Posts
    This is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. So lets say the Obeya costs 5.5k (this is not really accurate, just making numbers up) for 10 days. Well after two days I decide I want it forever. I purchase the permanent one for 10k. That means I just spent 15.5K on a 10k weapon. If I didnt buy the permanent weapon, I would be spending more money if I rented it twice. Sure you get to "try before you buy" but in the end you just waste money.

Now, this wouldnt be that big of a deal but when you get to the million dollar weapons, it becomes one. $100,000,000 weapon for "rent" at $100,000. Thats a huge deal right? Say you are at $900,000 and just cant wait anymore. You rent one and now you have to take another god knows how long to get the perma weapon. (Plus the whole 'now you spent $100,100k' thing)

In the end, its a stupid system put in place for people who cant wait just a little longer to get a gun or are too afraid to take a leap and buy something they havent had.
    Maybe they should have a selection to rent for only one day as well, and make it cheaper. I know some of the guns I bought I stopped using permanently in under a day.

23. Post #4503
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,527 Posts
    Hnng when will it be back uppppp. :(

24. Post #4504
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Maybe they should have a selection to rent for only one day as well, and make it cheaper. I know some of the guns I bought I stopped using permanently in under a day.
    I would be more ok with this. Like a normally 10k weapon would cost 500. Thats not too bad.

25. Post #4505
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,625 Posts
    Does anyone got a spare key?

26. Post #4506
    December 2008
    636 Posts
    Does anyone have a spare beta key that i might have? My friends all have it and i signed up the wrong place. I played it last time it was in beta, you know when Real Time Worlds had it. And i really enjoyed driving down the road with some of my friends hanging out the window shooting bad guys.
    Just putting it out there..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

27. Post #4507
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,527 Posts
    Alright for everyone who keeps asking there are no beta keys, if you've not signed up since the SIGN UP keys went out, there's nothing more you can do but wait now, or get someone to give you their account who doesn't like/want it.

28. Post #4508
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    just download gamersfirst live

press the APB button
    the g1 live link is busted because g1 can't fucking make websites

29. Post #4509
    March 2011
    605 Posts
    God, I got some decent weapons and learned how to equip my grenades (didn't see them in my email the first time I looked) and was starting to kick ass.

I've only been playing for a few hours, but I saw that you can buy equipment like a laptop and arson tools? Can we solo and hack into terminals without being on a mission or does it just make hacking faster on a mission or what

30. Post #4510
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    the g1 live link is busted because g1 can't fucking make websites
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/APB_Reloaded.zip

Take that. Unzip the APB Reloaded folder to where you want the game to be. Run the launcher. It will start downloading the files.

Edited:

God, I got some decent weapons and learned how to equip my grenades (didn't see them in my email the first time I looked) and was starting to kick ass.

I've only been playing for a few hours, but I saw that you can buy equipment like a laptop and arson tools? Can we solo and hack into terminals without being on a mission or does it just make hacking faster on a mission or what
    It makes them faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #4511
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,037 Posts
    Also how long is the servers down now again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

32. Post #4512
    June 2010
    217 Posts
    Also how long is the servers down now again?
    2/3 hours i think.

33. Post #4513
    March 2011
    605 Posts
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/APB_Reloaded.zip

Take that. Unzip the APB Reloaded folder to where you want the game to be. Run the launcher. It will start downloading the files.

Edited:

It makes them faster.
    Aw. It'd be more entertaining if you could wander off the beaten path and do those mission jobs for money. It'd have an obvious pro and obvious con and it'd feel more criminal-y I guess.

34. Post #4514
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    Want CB so bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

35. Post #4515
    June 2010
    217 Posts
    APB is working again!

36. Post #4516
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    APB is working again!
    im hoping the update made it more stable...

im tired of having my game crash like crazy.
    and i hope they fixed the bugged car speeds.

Edited:

http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2011...-of-hours.html

cool changelog

37. Post #4517
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,746 Posts

First off you clearly aren't in the beta because the 1 million dollar weapons no longer exist, as they have been drastically reduced in price. The most expensive weapon is a 3 slot rocket launcher that is under 60k (rental). Secondly, we have no idea what the buy price is going to be. The viability of the system depends on that fact alone. Finally, leasing weapons is how the F2P companies make money, and that is really the only fact that matters. That is how F2P games work: You either have a large amount of time to spend getting things, or you are willing to purchase advancements. It wouldn't be in the companies best interest to have buying the weapons not be more time effective than grinding them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #4518
    December 2008
    636 Posts
    Does anyone have an account i can have or atleast borrow for today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

39. Post #4519
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    First off you clearly aren't in the beta because the 1 million dollar weapons no longer exist, as they have been drastically reduced in price. The most expensive weapon is a 3 slot rocket launcher that is under 60k (rental). Secondly, we have no idea what the buy price is going to be. The viability of the system depends on that fact alone. Finally, leasing weapons is how the F2P companies make money, and that is really the only fact that matters. That is how F2P games work: You either have a large amount of time to spend getting things, or you are willing to purchase advancements. It wouldn't be in the companies best interest to have buying the weapons not be more time effective than grinding them.
    They no longer exist because they are "rental only" and thus "cheaper".
    I'm clearly not in the beta
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/2011-04-24_000021.jpgNope. Not in the beta at all. They even mentioned the million dollar weapons in their blog posts. No shit F2P makes money based off of microtransactions. They dont have to though. They could have the optional monthly payment system (which they do) or they could do what Global Agenda did and have a booster system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #4520
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,785 Posts
    This fucking patch didn't help at all, it still crashes like a bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)