1. Post #1
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    9,270 Posts
    :siren:OP IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION:siren:
    150 gold is given out at 8PM EST everyday during the CB

General information:
    [release] Interesting in playing a completely free-to-play tank MMO? There is no need to look further, World of Tanks has just hit closed beta! If you have the slightest interest in tanks or MMO's, I'm sure this game will be a hit for you! Scroll down on how you can grab a closed beta key and join the facepunch community of WoT!

About the game:
    World of Tanks is a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.

A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.

But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In the World of Tanks, it’s all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank power!

More information: http://www.worldoftanks.com/about.html

World of Tanks official website[/release]Media:
    [release]
    Screenshots:

Courtesy to the FP users who captured and posted them in this thread (:

Videos:

More videos...[/release]Guides:
    [release]How to obtain a beta key:
    1) A list where you can obtain one:
    MMOSite
    MMORPG-Center
    MMOABC
    OnRPG
    Hi5 players
    Free PC Gamers

2) After that you have received your key, go HERE to create a CB account!

3) Look below for the Community tab on how to join the Facepunch community of World of Tanks!

Downloading the game:
    Download from the confirmed working links below:
    HTTP

* Download from worldoftanks.com
    * Download from atomicgamer.com
    * Download from mmosite.com
    * Download from fileplanet.com
    * Download from filedropper.com
    o Part 1
    o Part 2

Torrent (P2P)

* Download from BTJunkie.com
    * Download from thepiratebay.org

Other guides: * Tweak your FPS
    * What will get you experience and what will not
    * Crew guide
    * How line of sight and range works w/ graphs
    * Equipment guide

Tank trees

Need more help? Why not take a shot and ask in the official WoT forums by clicking HERE. You can also ask in this thread :).[/release]Community:
    [release]Visit the FP in-game channel!
    Go to channels > Search for Facepunch > Have fun!

FP Players list:
    Zombii
    Kyle902
    Orkel2
    RayvenQ
    NotMeh
    Seven324
    Brutix
    N10do64
    Gufu
    Zladko
    AssTastic
    cosmathis
    FemoMadness
    Fippe
    Bowser
    fergeh
    DarkMime77
    Evilleader
    Beardyduck
    Shuz
    Poland
    Crazy111
    Hoplon
    DrSmashy
    wololo
    Morcam
    tehzipfile
    TicTac
    Zezibesh
    ForScience
    DarkCybrid
    drnick
    ionuttzu
    Lightning2
    Longy221
    McFuret
    nater
    richard9311
    samipso
    Useful_Dave
    yannickgd
    Zenith77
    Nestophales
    Dashiel
    Neinman
    Auster
    mastfire
    Dbuhos
    Fleki
    Rockfish
    ray243
    GasMaskHero
    Excavus
    Datsun
    Mildob5
    Rexen
    Sgt Muffin
    Marigi121
    Broken_steel
    DevilsBuddy
    Prow
    markfu
    MatroK
    DarkCybrid
    Monsun
    Longy221
    clanratc
    Usernameztaken
    WunderbarMagisch
    Mrfantastic
    FluD
    Happles
    Mildob5
    XayholesagoalX
    Sporbie
    minicunga
    Jake Nukem
    RoboWolf
    MrBRAD
    the_killer24
    Scout1
    MGear[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,259 Posts
    why is my name not on that list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    699 Posts
    Why am I still not on the list?

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    463 Posts
    Thanks for making a version 2 :).

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,905 Posts
    Going down the leopard path, any objections?

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,259 Posts
    Other than the fact that there's precisely two tanks on it, Luchs and Leopard, no.

7. Post #7
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,742 Posts
    Leopards are annoying. They're always flanking me and going faster than my turret can turn.

I end up shooting their tracks and killing them, though.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,477 Posts
    Add me to the list

Also,

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,259 Posts
    Why the fuck do you still have your Ausf

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,475 Posts
    Add me to the list...I just got 5 kills in the P3...feels good.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,449 Posts
    Add me to, IGN is redpan11.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,823 Posts
    Fuck Panzer 3. I can't take it on a fight with T-28, because it takes 3 forevers to reload my cannon, that does little to no damage, despite the penetrative power.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,505 Posts
    Add me to the list

Also,

How the hell did you get that awesome garage?

14. Post #14
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,336 Posts
    Premium account.

15. Post #15
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,742 Posts
    I like it when tank destroyers try to circle around me.

It's like they don't realize that only works when you have a turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,477 Posts
    Just met an IS-4. Fucker is tough.

17. Post #17
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,742 Posts
    Every time I see make80 he's gone up another tank in the IS tree.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,823 Posts
    I like it when tank destroyers try to circle around me.

It's like they don't realize that only works when you have a turret.
    Fuckers turn on the spot very fast, actually. You, on the other hand, have to spin the turret, which throws you off even more.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,475 Posts
    Every time I see make80 he's gone up another tank in the IS tree.
    Yeah. He's a very friendly person though.

20. Post #20
    "Gold Member"
    May 2007
    12,582 Posts
    Got this tiger driver named 'Gauge' who was baww'ing about being pinned against a house by a jadpanther and raped as he was the last one left alive. "Says something about the community" apparently

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,823 Posts
    Got this tiger driver named 'Gauge' who was baww'ing about being pinned against a house by a jadpanther and raped as he was the last one left alive. "Says something about the community" apparently
    I remember helping taking down a Stug 3. However, he backed up in a way, he got me stuck in a building. Although that did allow me to survive that fight.

T-28 is a METAL BAWKS.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,505 Posts
    T-28 is a METAL BAWKS.
    A very BIG THIN METAL BAWX.

With a TINY FUCKING TURRET

And an ENGINE MADE OF WET NOODLES DOUSED IN GASOLINE

Edit:
    Its crew is also MADE UP OF OF 5 YEAR OLD GIRLS THAT GET INCAPACITATED BY LOUD NOISES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,823 Posts
    A very BIG THIN METAL BAWX.

With a TINY FUCKING TURRET

And an ENGINE MADE OF WET NOODLES DOUSED IN GASOLINE

Edit:
    Its crew is also MADE UP OF OF 5 YEAR OLD GIRLS THAT GET INCAPACITATED BY LOUD NOISES.
    They keep trying to take away my metal bawkses. :(

But yeah, I hope that infantry will be relevant in the future. T-35 and T-28 seem to me, like awesome combine harvesters, when it comes to infantry. At least due to "Machineguns, Machineguns Everywhere" design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,742 Posts
    I hate lakeville. I always run into a VK3601 and die.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,449 Posts
    I love lakeville, my StuG usually has a nice position to fire across the lake from or I ambush someone in the city.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,823 Posts
    OP! Fix the links and add a link to a previous thread!

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,804 Posts
    i took a break because of the really bad matchmaking. yea how about we give you guys a bunch of panzer iii's and we'll give the other team 3 kv's sound fair? k have fun.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,475 Posts
    I really don't like the Hetzer...it's nice running 3 tanks at once, but it's tedious being a TD.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,449 Posts
    Matchmaking is an asshole, one time I got a Ferdinand and an IS while the enemy got mostly panzer III's and light tanks.

30. Post #30
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,133 Posts
    Building my leopard crews skills up to 100% before stepping up to medium tanks.

I love this game so much, and the fact that it's free, yet actually really good is so awesome.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,475 Posts
    BT-2 full upgraded, KV fully upgraded, PZKpfw III fully upgraded, PZKPFW IV brand new, and a brand new hetzer...Feel's good. I got my speed, my power, and my German toys.

32. Post #32
    Gay for BDA
    November 2005
    8,435 Posts
    I can't get enough of my regular T-34 because it's such a TANK HUNTER KILLER.

I wish you were awarded more if you stuck with the same tank instead of advancing, if not how's the game going to play if everyone has a heavy tank?

33. Post #33
    August 2009
    1,081 Posts
    Once you get the 100mm on the T-34/85, Cuckoo, everything gets so much better. Also today I smoked some weed and accidentally bought an SU-85. That's 350k down the drain.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,855 Posts

I wish you were awarded more if you stuck with the same tank instead of advancing, if not how's the game going to play if everyone has a heavy tank?
    you get more for killing tanks of higher tiers than you. So yes you earn more if you stay with that tank.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,690 Posts
    300k credits now.

But i can't use it on anything because i need exp to research tanks.

36. Post #36
    November 2009
    4,566 Posts
    you get more for killing tanks of higher tiers than you. So yes you earn more if you stay with that tank.
    You get $$$ and experience from damaging them, killing doesn't matter as long as you damage the tank.

Damage better tanks and you get more $$$ and experience.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    12,582 Posts

The cheap one or the expensive one?

Everyone have a fucking medium tank and I'm still stuck with light tanks. Sucks for me.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,937 Posts
    Sold that POS Kv

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    13,485 Posts
    Fuck yeah just got home now I can finally download this shit and play.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,855 Posts
    You get $$$ and experience from damaging them, killing doesn't matter as long as you damage the tank.

Damage better tanks and you get more $$$ and experience.
    You get the point.