1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,706 Posts
    I just watched this. I wasn't disappointed. Except for the relation between Scott and Ramona, they just didn't seem as close as they should be.
    I think that was because of the original planned ending where he ends up with Knives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #1242
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,122 Posts
    I think that was because of the original planned ending where he ends up with Knives.
    Oh, much more understandable then. I need to read the comics.

3. Post #1243
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    Oh, much more understandable then. I need to read the comics.
    Actually, he ends up with Ramona in the comics.

4. Post #1244
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,122 Posts
    /spoiled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1245
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,328 Posts
    You! Put spoiler tags in!

/spoiled
    You! Fix your post so that the spoiler isn't in your post as well!

This is a matter of "it's happened before with spoilers and it gets annoying for people who don't know".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #1246
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,984 Posts
    I just watched this. I wasn't disappointed. Except for the relation between Scott and Ramona, they just didn't seem as close as they should be.
    Assuming you've got it on DVD, watch the deleted scenes. There's 2 alternate cuts of Ramona & Scott's first date. The second one is really badly edited, but the first one is great; absolute shame that it was cut, especially since it makes the entire Ramona/Scott romance far more believable.

7. Post #1247
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,573 Posts
    /spoiled
    Not much of a spoiler IMO, since that's what the whole thing is about.

Edited:

I think that was because of    the original planned ending where he ends up with Knives.   
    I liked the    Knives    ending more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1248
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    Not much of a spoiler IMO, since that's what the whole thing is about.

Edited:

I liked the    Knives    ending more.
       And then they play Ninja dance revolution for the rest of eternity.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    7,224 Posts
    <- Festive Scott erryday

Also great movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1250
    June 2010
    508 Posts
    Aww crap, the DVD and Blu-ray versions will get here in 2011. There goes my hopes of getting this for Christmas. :(

11. Post #1251
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    Watched this Friday night. Liked it quite a bit.

12. Post #1252
    March 2010
    374 Posts
    Serious question, and I can't be arsed to read 32 pages in case somebody else has already asked it: doesn't the ridiculous amount of fanservice in this movie bother anyone else?

13. Post #1253
    December 2008
    1,308 Posts
    What exactly do you mean by fanservice?

14. Post #1254
    March 2010
    374 Posts
    What exactly do you mean by fanservice?
    The whole tsundere thing with Ramona magically falling in love with Scott and then wanting to fuck him on the first hangout, which was a reluctant event to begin with. There's more but this is what bothered me the most.

15. Post #1255
    December 2008
    1,308 Posts
    That's because it's an ADAPTATION. Since you didn't read the rest of the thread, you likely didn't notice that Ramona's whole cold personality was due to the intended original ending where she leaves and Scott ends up with Knives.

16. Post #1256

November 2010
    375 Posts
    This movie is absolutely amazing!

17. Post #1257
    September 2009
    4,644 Posts
    Damnit, I wanted to order the precious little box set from Amazon.com, which used to cost 37$, but now it costs 60$!!
    This book selling website has it for sale on about 45$, but it's currently out of order and I have no idea how long will it take them to resupply.

18. Post #1258
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Edgar Wright is a directing genius.

19. Post #1259
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    151 Posts
    The Sex Bob-omb songs are a regular in my playlist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1260
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    The whole tsundere thing with Ramona magically falling in love with Scott and then wanting to fuck him on the first hangout, which was a reluctant event to begin with. There's more but this is what bothered me the most.
    It's just that the comic happens over the span of a year and some months while the movie is RUSH RUSH RUSH CONSECUTIVE BATTLE KEEP IT FRESH NOW SEX! WHO DOESNT LIKE IT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1261
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,933 Posts
    Just watched this. Great movie.

22. Post #1262
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,118 Posts
    I watched it last night a bit confusing at first with all the instant transitions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #1263
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    I don't like the fact they skipped a huge chunk of book 4 and Lisa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1264
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,051 Posts
    Saw the trailer in the cinema a few months ago and thought it would suck. Watched it the day before yesterday and it was better than I expected, but not my kind of thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1265
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    Yay, after watching this movie, my friends now thinks I'm badass because I play bass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

26. Post #1266
    July 2009
    921 Posts
    I urge everyone reading this who's unsure, to go and buy the DVD or comics if you're interested!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1267
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,861 Posts
    Got this for christmas. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but it was still quite good.

28. Post #1268
    December 2007
    45 Posts
    I loved it. Seen it four times so far, loved it every single time.

Sure, it's not "best-movie-of-the-year" material, but it's probably my favourite. Movies like Inception and others are obviously "better" movies, but my favourite movie of the year is definitely Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,456 Posts
    Hahaha what the fuck, the Blu-Ray has 5 commentaries.

30. Post #1270
    July 2009
    5,710 Posts
    this movie is amazing in surround sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1271
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,380 Posts
    So I finally got around to renting the movie so I could view all the special features. I click on one, and it gives me a message "This is a rental copy. To view the special features, own the movie on blu-ray or dvd."

THIS IS BULLSHIT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #1272
    February 2008
    1,225 Posts
    I didn't particularly enjoy it. I feel that if I knew more about it (and read the comics) I might have been able to appreciate it. I guess it would help if I was a fan of comic books in general.

33. Post #1273
    December 2007
    45 Posts
    I was listening to some White Stripes, and I realised that the beginning of Jimmy the Exploder sounds sort of similar to what a Sex Bob-Omb song might sound like.

Yeah, the vocals are nothing like Stephen Stills', but aside from the lack of bass, the instruments almost sound identical on that song.

Edited:

Well, starting from about 26 seconds in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #1274
    February 2010
    6,750 Posts
    "I gotta pee on her, I mean, I gotta pee."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1275
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,086 Posts
    "I gotta pee on her, I mean, I gotta pee."
    "I'm in lesbians with you"

Either that or the L-word thing was the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1276
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,861 Posts
    that gossipy POOCH

37. Post #1277
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,125 Posts
    that gossipy POOCH
    *Bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1278
    December 2007
    45 Posts
    "Guess who's drunk!" "I guess Wallace." "You guess right!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,861 Posts

total PEACH

40. Post #1280
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,125 Posts
    wow so many unnecessary censors in that video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)