1. Post #1321
    Back in my day only cool kids had titles.
    June 2005
    5,634 Posts
    HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

I just saw this movie on DVD. I fucking LOVED it. Regret not seeing it at the cinemas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

2. Post #1322
    January 2011
    53 Posts
    nice facts you got there to back up that statement
    Have you even seen this film? I mean, oh my god, I'd rather watch 12 Things I Hate About You than this crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1323
    October 2010
    636 Posts
    Have you even seen this film? I mean, oh my god, I'd rather watch 12 Things I Hate About You than this crap.
    I don't get what is with all the hate. This is a good movie, directed towards an specific teenage audience. Sure, it has Michael Cera, but he is a good actor. The roles he plays are the types of roles he gets. If you hate the movie because it looks dumb from the trailer, go and watch it. It is a Perfect 8-bit/10 for me.

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    I don't get what is with all the hate. This is a good movie, directed towards an specific teenage audience. Sure, it has Michael Cera, but he is a good actor. The roles he plays are the types of roles he gets. If you hate the movie because it looks dumb from the trailer, go and watch it. It is a Perfect 8-bit/10 for me.
    The guy was just a troll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1325
    September 2008
    202 Posts
    -
    I take that as the band did the whole song again, while the actress just did the "oh yeah" stuff.
    There's actually an outtake on the second disk with the CD, and its a clip where the actress falls whilst on stage, but she is deffinetly singing the song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    -

There's actually an outtake on the second disk with the CD, and its a clip where the actress falls whilst on stage, but she is deffinetly singing the song.
    Wow, she did a great job on it, then. Sounds a lot like Emily Haines.

7. Post #1327
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    I think I remember reading that the actor, Brie Larson or something, is also currently working on her singing career as well as her acting career

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    She kind of already has a singing career.

She released one album (or was it an EP) a few years back, and has done nothing with it since, though.

9. Post #1329
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,803 Posts
    I loved the movie, but I'm still on the fence about the game. I get the feeling I will suck at it.

10. Post #1330
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,869 Posts
    Never say a negative comment in where the fanboys hive in. It's substantial enough that you'll get fucked. And, I'm not saying I'm a fanboy of this movie either. I just like Winstead's hair in this flick.
    It seems the only thing you like is Winstead. She's in your avatar and apparently also the only reason you kept watching it.

11. Post #1331
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,750 Posts
    Watched it twice now on blu-ray. Love it. Knives is hilarious.

12. Post #1332
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    I now own both the DVD version and the Blu-Ray version. Yay

13. Post #1333
    July 2009
    921 Posts
    Very nearly bought myself a Blu Ray player for this film. However, I don't think I'll do it any justice on my 24" monitor. Going to wait until I've got my own apartment in a few months, and go nuts on my home cinema.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1334
    December 2008
    1,291 Posts
    I loved the movie, but I'm still on the fence about the game. I get the feeling I will suck at it.
    It has kind of a learning curve. And yes, in the beginning, you will be having your ass kicked by a lot of people a lot of the time, but eventually as you buy better items and more stuff, you get better at the game as well.

15. Post #1335
    October 2010
    1,509 Posts
    Almost watched Green Hornet instead of this. I'm happy that I didn't.

16. Post #1336
    September 2009
    4,638 Posts
    I just got the Scott Pilgrim comics box set!!! It's fucking awesome!! Except it's in black & white, meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #1337
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    Almost watched Green Hornet instead of this. I'm happy that I didn't.
    Green Hornet's pretty cool, though. Scott Pilgrim is better imo, but it comes a close second.

Is there a thread for Green Hornet?

Edited:

I just got the Scott Pilgrim comics box set!!! It's fucking awesome!! Except it's in black & white, meh.
    I found that you forget about the fact it's in black and white after a while.

18. Post #1338
    June 2010
    948 Posts
    Just ordered the 6 volumes off Amazon, can't wait.

I did, however, read about how the comic ending is different to the movie ending, because volume 6 was still being written, I loved the movie ending though. I also read about the original movie ending, where Scott ends up with Knives, which would of sucked to be honest. I would be pretty dissapointed if the comic ending turned out to be this one...

Without spoiling anything, am I likely to be dissapointed with the ending?

19. Post #1339
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,869 Posts
    Just ordered the 6 volumes off Amazon, can't wait.

I did, however, read about how the comic ending is different to the movie ending, because volume 6 was still being written, I loved the movie ending though. I also read about the original movie ending, where Scott ends up with Knives, which would of sucked to be honest. I would be pretty dissapointed if the comic ending turned out to be this one...

Without spoiling anything, am I likely to be dissapointed with the ending?
    Nope.

20. Post #1340
    August 2008
    790 Posts
    Watched it yesterday, ordered a poster and the Blu-Ray the same day! SO GOOD!

21. Post #1341
    June 2010
    948 Posts
    Thank you, I can sleep easy tonight now.

22. Post #1342
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,142 Posts
    I just watched this on Blu-ray on Saturday.

Holy crap. Awesome film.

I don't know why it took me so long to watch it.

23. Post #1343
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    Thank you, I can sleep easy tonight now.
    To elaborate on Sir Whoopsalot's "nope":

The ending is a lot more fleshed out, and doesn't feel like it was rushing to fit into a time constraint.

24. Post #1344
    July 2009
    921 Posts
    To elaborate on Sir Whoopsalot's "nope":

The ending is a lot more fleshed out, and doesn't feel like it was rushing to fit into a time constraint.
    Exactly this. It explains a hell of a lot more, aswell. Ramona's     Gideon control chip     was essentially put in the film so that they didn't have 15 minutes extra time trying to explain everything.

25. Post #1345
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,012 Posts
    You guys are way too overly obsessed with this movie, I was surprised how much I liked it, though. I was expecting to hate it, but I found most of it to be pretty good. The ending sucked, though. The beginning was definitely better. Being vegan, I'm also quite happy about the vegan part. It probably actually taught most of you what a vegan actually eats and doesn't, and that's nice knowledge to have spread.

I also laughed pretty hard at how he said he was better than everyone because he was vegan and such, and the lacto-ovo vegetarian quote, whatever it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1346
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    Random question, but does anyone know what the font is for the on-screen writing, when it says stuff like "So yeah" and "Actually no", and is also used in the opening credits? (Below, for reference)

27. Post #1347
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,792 Posts
    I honestly did not like the movie, I didn't watch it all the way through. I got about halfway through and stopped because I was bored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1348
    September 2009
    4,638 Posts
    I'm in the middle of volume 2 of Scott Pilgrim, so far I really like it, better than the movie. It seems like Micheal Cera played SP's role just a little too shy and awkward-like, you know, too Micheal Cera-ish, in the volumes, SP is a lot more confident, etc.
    Ramona also seemed more of a snob to me in the film, and in the comics I can more easily tell that she actually likes Scott.
    The movie also cut some parts out, obviously because then it'd be too long, so it's nice to know all those things which were cut out.

29. Post #1349
    June 2010
    948 Posts
    Got all 6 volumes, unfortunately a hot girl on roller skates didn't deliver them.

If you enjoyed the movie, you really need to get these. I've read hardly any books in my life, and have never touched a comic or anything like this, but I love them. They're everything that the movie was with extra detail or slight differences that make it better.

30. Post #1350
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    Random question, but does anyone know what the font is for the on-screen writing, when it says stuff like "So yeah" and "Actually no", and is also used in the opening credits? (Below, for reference)

No one? :frown:

31. Post #1351
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,012 Posts
    No one? :frown:
    Hand written?

Edited:

Just get a comic book font.

32. Post #1352
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,463 Posts
    Like most people have been saying: Saw this the other day, it was fucking awesome. Might have to check out the comics.

Also that Rickenbacker Cera/Scott plays. Oh god, I'd sell my left foot if it meant I could get the money to buy a bass that sexy.
    I wouldn't mind some of his t-shirts either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1353
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,142 Posts
    Does anyone have that animated .gif of Scott diving through the window?

34. Post #1354
    September 2009
    4,638 Posts
    I found that you forget about the fact it's in black and white after a while.
    You were right, I completely forgot about the B&Wness up until when Knives dyed her hair, then I noticed again, but it's cool.

35. Post #1355
    March 2010
    543 Posts
    trippiest shit i've ever seen

36. Post #1356
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    Does anyone have that animated .gif of Scott diving through the window?

Googled it, there's probably a better version somewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #1357
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    Biggest problem I had with the ending was    Stephen Stills not being gay.   

Comic book spoilers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1358
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,141 Posts
    Everyone has been talking about this film, so I watched it.
    It was decent, what's the hype?

39. Post #1359
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    Everyone has been talking about this film, so I watched it.
    It was decent, what's the hype?
    I tihnk the hype was probably caused by the comics.

This scene alone is enough reason to read them:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1360
    August 2010
    26 Posts
    I honestly did not like the movie, I didn't watch it all the way through. I got about halfway through and stopped because I was bored.
    I guess you could say..... It sucks to be you