1. Post #1
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts

SVN:
    http://ultimatechimerahunt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

A round based gamemode based off of the Chimera Lab section of the GBA game MOTHER 3. Every round a random player is chosen to be the Ultimate Chimera, a big pink monster who wants nothing more than to kill everything in its path. The Pigmasks (soldiers in pig outfits) are there to put a stop to him. To do this, they must turn him off by pressing the big white button on his back. Getting close enough to do that however, is not an easy task.

The Ultimate Chimera can roar when surrounded by too many pigmasks, it causes them all to flee in terror giving him ample time to track a few down.

This gamemode has been completely rewritten and is now on the Fretta base! Which means a faster pace, automatic map voting and compatibility with servers who want multiple gamemodes on their server.

Credits:
    Aska - Gamemode scripting, sound gathering.
    FluxMage - Art, custom models, model ripping and animating.

Nintendo and Shigesato Itoi for creating MOTHER and giving it's fans 3 amazing games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic x 29Winner x 6Lua King x 6Late x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    781 Posts
    Hooray, hope you guys enjoy it. We've got more to show I swear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    moo
    November 2006
    4,775 Posts
    Yayyy! Love this gamemode so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    259 Posts
    Will see if i can get my server set back up with this awesome gamemode.

5. Post #5
    May 2009
    521 Posts
    That video made me crack a big stupid grin on my face.

This is a good sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #6

April 2010
    2,415 Posts
    Can't wait to play it again!

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    947 Posts
    Servers?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

July 2007
    5,369 Posts
    I love the new changes. You guys did a fantastic job.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    259 Posts
    Gonna see if i can get a 24 or 32 slot server up and running within a few hours.

Currently downloading content etc.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member

April 2009
    726 Posts
    Awesome gamemode! :)

11. Post #11
    AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
    August 2009
    6,866 Posts
    Someone post IPs of good servers

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,635 Posts
    I've got a question.
    Does it still have that shitty crashing problem or did it get resolved?

13. Post #13
    AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
    August 2009
    6,866 Posts
    I've got a question.
    Does it still have that shitty crashing problem or did it get resolved?
    The whole thing got recoded and almost every error got fixed

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,635 Posts
    Sweet, It was hard to play without thinking shit I'm going to crash soon.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    259 Posts
    [07][JokerIce] Ultimate Chimera Hunt [FastDL][UK]
    193.200.158.146:27025
    24 slots.

Servers up :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    [07][JokerIce] Ultimate Chimera Hunt [FastDL][UK]
    193.200.158.146:27025
    24 slots.

Servers up :)
    Awesome, thanks. To be honest 16 would probably be a better number, but my priority right now is to buff the UC based on the number of pigmasks, it's really a problem right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    259 Posts
    We have been experiencing some weird problems.
    For instance sometimes you get rounds that start with everyone as a ghost.
    Or rounds where the UC is stuck roaring and then everyone gets stuck and can't respawn or anything.

The worst one we had was after everyone spawned as ghosts we forced everyone to vote for a new UC then the UC didn't die when anyone pressed it's button and there were loads of people pressing it's button constantly and we were getting massive kill icon spamm.

All of them issues needed a map change.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,593 Posts
    Great to see it back, I loved this gamemode.

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    907 Posts
    Awesome , i played it today, now it's really better now,and i love the ghosts!

Anyway, i was working on this map when i first heard the remake of the gamemode,like a month ago.Now that you've released it , i can start to test it,finish it and publish it for all of you.
    Ladies and Gentlemens...

CLUB TITIBOO

Dcmc room

Pig Spawn

Manteinance area (yes this is custom, i've added it to make the area not-so linear.

outside the manteinance area

Hallway

In the secret passage (shown in the game,do you remember it?)

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    Fantastic, I will definitely be using this!

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,947 Posts
    Awesome , i played it today, now it's really better now,and i love the ghosts!

Anyway, i was working on this map when i first heard the remake of the gamemode,like a month ago.Now that you've released it , i can start to test it,finish it and publish it for all of you.
    Ladies and Gentlemens...

CLUB TITIBOO

-images-
    It's a bit blocky and there are misaligned textures in the maintenance area and the hallway, primarily above the doorways.

Just something to improve upon, I guess.

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    907 Posts
    yeah,you know what, the problem isn't that is blocky,because it's a building, i think i should add some overlays to the walls that aren't posters

Edited:

BETA 1 released :
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=105625
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    yeah,you know what, the problem isn't that is blocky,because it's a building, i think i should add some overlays to the walls that aren't posters
    Even though it's a building, that doesn't really excuse the fact that the map DOES looks a little plain and flat. vv I think you can spruce up the brushwork a bit and maybe liven up the stage and lighting.

I've yet to play on it so I can't really say anything about the layout just yet though.

24. Post #24
    January 2010
    907 Posts
    no problem, this time i promise i'll make a worth download map, just play it, tell me what i need to do and i'll do it :D

25. Post #25
    February 2009
    729 Posts
    i when i saw this i was OMG MUST UPLOAD TO SERVER NOW!

now, as i was uploading it.. i noticed you have Spawnpoint files for various maps. does this mean we can use maps other than the chimera hunt ones?

ontop that, here's my Chimera Hunt Server IP: 69.197.189.113:27015

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    626 Posts
    Can people joining the servers in this thread please not ruin the fun by speedhacking? It's happening way too much and only seems to be FP'ers doing it. Thanks.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,947 Posts
    now, as i was uploading it.. i noticed you have Spawnpoint files for various maps. does this mean we can use maps other than the chimera hunt ones?
    Most Team Fortress 2 maps are compatible with it as well.

28. Post #28
    January 2010
    907 Posts
    well,my map has got like 17 spawns for pigs,and 1 team spawn for both red and blu (for testing purposes)
    Anyway, i agree, today i met 3 people that had speedhacks.the admin had to kick and ban 'em so many times...It really sucks that this remake is new but hax-fags are ruining it.

29. Post #29
    February 2009
    729 Posts
    I'd like to report that the Ghost's Playermodel is broken its showing as an error, and the Scared Pigs Animation is Broken.

EDIT: plus in my opinion, thsi game needs more Pig Ranks. maybe one where the pig is a black and gold color?

30. Post #30
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    I'd like to report that the Ghost's Playermodel is broken its showing as an error, and the Scared Pigs Animation is Broken.

EDIT: plus in my opinion, thsi game needs more Pig Ranks. maybe one where the pig is a black and gold color?
    Ghost model wasn't downloading properly unless you had the SVN, this will be fixed in the next update. As for scared animations being busted, you either installed it incorrectly, or have old models floating around somewhere in your GMod folder.

As for more ranks, we're not adding more. The ranks we're using are already a natural progression of military ranks all from MOTHER 3. We've talked about Navy Squeals and such but they are more of a side-rank and doesn't follow a pattern like the others. I'm not saying never but definitely not going to add anymore for the time being.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    All I can say is, 30+ people and this gamemode is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    The UC needs buffs so badly. :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member

July 2007
    5,369 Posts
    Did you have any buffs in mind for taking on large groups of Pigmasks?

34. Post #34
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    942 Posts
    The only visible issue i have is that i cannot see the ghost models, and its not packed in the SVN either. Are they anywhere?

35. Post #35
    February 2009
    729 Posts
    i may disagree, the server i run this on is an 8 slot, and its crazy enough already.

Edited:

im not suer how to go about removing the old chimera hunt files. should i delete the nintendo folder, and replace it with the new one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Make more chimeras for more players.

#players * 0.075?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2010
    907 Posts
    to delete the old files check in the "gamemodes" folder if you have a folder called "chimerahunt" if you have it, you have the old version too, and you need to delete it.
    About the Navy Squeals,you could make so that the model changes when the pigmask goes in the water,also if i remember there are unused Navy Squeals Ranks

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,893 Posts
    Oh hey, finally! Still though, UC needs some buffs. It's way easier to turn off Chimera than these days.
    Thanks for this gamemode. You are truly a god amongst coders.

Oh, and a bug.
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Leoex...gas_b30004.jpg
    Everyone becomes a ghost. (This map should be a bit smaller by the way. I know it's supposed to look like this, but god.)

39. Post #39
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    942 Posts
    Weird, the ghost models arent sent through the server, but when i changed it so they are, they download fine to my client, but the ghosts are still errors.

40. Post #40
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    Make more chimeras for more players.

#players * 0.075?
    A lot of people suggest this, but we'd probably only do it as a last resort "THIS IS UNBALANCE-ABLE" type of thing, even then we wouldn't be happy about it.

Oh, and a bug.
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Leoex...gas_b30004.jpg
    Everyone becomes a ghost. (This map should be a bit smaller by the way. I know it's supposed to look like this, but god.)
    Yea, something I'm doing in the next update might fix that finally.

Speaking about the next update, I'm making some pretty major changes to the way the gamemode handles death and it should make things a lot smoother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)