1. Post #81
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    i don't know why, but it's been a while that i can't join any server because at the start menu of uch, it gives me an hl2.exe error

2. Post #82
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    947 Posts
    Big update just went out, huge UC buffs and other kewl things.

Change Log:

[LIST][*]Flashlight turns off if you died with it on.
    [*]Fixed dying by the environment would cause you to "die for real" and not turn into a ghost.
    [*]Added brand new HUD elements. (Added 6 materials)
    [*]Redid the way the gamemode handles kill icons, to accompany the new way to die.
    -Added new killicon for dying from the environment.
    [*]Added swimming animations for real this time.

Ultimate Chimera Changes:
    [*]The Ultimate Chimera gets a small amount of sprint back while roaring for every pig he scares.
    [*]Increased sprint recharge slightly.
    [*]Added a new multi-jump system. The UC is allowed infinite extra jumps, but each consecutive jump increases the amount of negative Z velocity required to make that jump. It also uses up more and more sprint.
    -In layman's terms, you'll be losing altitude and sprint with each jump, you cannot fly forever. If you're out of sprint and try to use this jump, you slow down to a crawl in the air and fall to the ground.
    [*]Added a new tail swipe ability. Pressing reload will make you swipe your tail back and forth, any pigs near enough will be flung away from you and unable to turn you off for the duration of the swipe.
    -This comes with a new meter that depletes to 0 every time you swipe, then quickly recharges. The amount of force applied to the pigs is scaled by this meter. The faster you use the swipe, the less effective it will be.
    [*]Added the ability to squash pigmasks. If you land on a pig while falling faster than a predetermined speed, you will squish the pigmask and kill him instantly.[/LIST]

3. Post #83
    Gold Member

July 2007
    5,370 Posts
    Playing yesterday on the test server was great fun. The Ultimate Chimera can now win against large groups of Pigmasks and it seems a lot more balanced. It feels like I just started playing the gamemode for the first time again.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,922 Posts
    Looks pretty fun

5. Post #85
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    CLUB TITIBOO B3 RELEASED
    EDIT : new link! fixed download!
    Download : http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=107563

Well, for now it dsays that the file is being mirrored...tell me if it does work.

CHANGELOG
    -fixed some collisions
    -added new doors and rooms
    -removed mr.saturn secret (because of the lua hosting problem and the lag on old computers)
    -added new secret (try the button in the control room ,the room near the concert's room)
    -bumpmaps
    -fixed some textures
    -map is generally more balanced

One of the news of the map is that there are 2 new rooms accessible only by using chimera's bite : A maintenance's hallway, and the control room.
    In the control room there is a button, if you push it ....

BAM! lights go off and the club titiboo theme stops,and the DCMC theme starts playing!!!

Yeah, this is the control room!

also, aska,if you will make a new version of your modern tazmilly map, i suggest you to use this theme instead of the normal one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqOH...eature=related

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,058 Posts
    Aska should make an Earthbound gamemode. Also hats for UCH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    February 2009
    730 Posts
    May i Ask how you Summon Bill Cosby on the Tazmily Map?

8. Post #88
    May 2009
    852 Posts
    May i Ask how you Summon Bill Cosby on the Tazmily Map?
    i've been told its a secret

9. Post #89
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    This gamemode caused my server to "Get Stuck" in a sort of limbo. It simply stopped starting rounds(leaving everyone ghosts), and would not allow fretta to pop-up. I thoroughly tested this on other gamemodes bt it only ever occurred on UCH. Which is disappointing seeing as UCH is one of my most popular gamemodes. Anyways, the only way to fix it is a full server restart...which is understandably frustrating.

There is also a glitch where at round start, the chimera will spawn but everyone else will remain ghosts, it's easily fixable by voting a new UC. However it really needs to be addressed.

This really is a fantastic gamemode though, and seems to be loved by everyone!

10. Post #90
    May 2008
    810 Posts
    Please add thirdperson to pigmasks/ghosts.

It looks good in thirdperson (all the animations are pretty much complete).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    i hate how the jokerice servers don't update...come on happy happy bta 1??? we have got the FINAL VERSION.same for my titiboo and other maps...

12. Post #92
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    947 Posts
    This gamemode caused my server to "Get Stuck" in a sort of limbo. It simply stopped starting rounds(leaving everyone ghosts), and would not allow fretta to pop-up. I thoroughly tested this on other gamemodes bt it only ever occurred on UCH. Which is disappointing seeing as UCH is one of my most popular gamemodes. Anyways, the only way to fix it is a full server restart...which is understandably frustrating.

There is also a glitch where at round start, the chimera will spawn but everyone else will remain ghosts, it's easily fixable by voting a new UC. However it really needs to be addressed.

This really is a fantastic gamemode though, and seems to be loved by everyone!
    To issue #1, the issue is that timers get broken. Are you sure you're up to date? I have a system in place that checks for them being broken, and if they are, it'll change map.

Issue #2 I've fixed as well, it was caused by a logic error where people would kill themselves at the very start of a round.

Make sure you're up to date, and if problems still persist please tell me.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    i hate how the jokerice servers don't update...come on happy happy bta 1??? we have got the FINAL VERSION.same for my titiboo and other maps...
    We do update but some people have things to do and don't always get time to maintain the servers 24/7 so be patient.

Your map has just been added, if you would of asked me directly i would of done it straight away, no need to complain about it.
    Also the reason i don't have many latest maps is because i can't find places to download them all.

14. Post #94
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    well , i'm not saying this because of my map, i'm saying this because there are other maps that need to be updated, i respect your work and i know you can't maintain it all the day,also , happy happy final is downloadable here :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWmcswnFfXA

15. Post #95
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    Here's a new map i made:
    CH_CAMPING

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108061
    Size : small

This time i used only tf2 materials, so the map is easily downloadable on the servers since it's not heavy in size.
    I made it because i wanted to make a balanced map for the new update that brought you new abilities for the chimera.
    Enjoy!

16. Post #96

June 2010
    434 Posts
    I'd love to play this but I live in Australia and we have broken internet.

17. Post #97
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    Erectin' a REMAKE

18. Post #98
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    Well,sorry for the double post, but a quick update : you can follow me on twitter now.
    http://twitter.com/InvaderBat

19. Post #99
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    To issue #1, the issue is that timers get broken. Are you sure you're up to date? I have a system in place that checks for them being broken, and if they are, it'll change map.

Issue #2 I've fixed as well, it was caused by a logic error where people would kill themselves at the very start of a round.

Make sure you're up to date, and if problems still persist please tell me.

I re-uploaded the entire gamemode, after updating through the SVN. I'm up-to-date, but the problem still persists. It only happens some of the time, not all.

20. Post #100
    February 2009
    2 Posts
    The gamemode bugged out 3 times in a row where the UC and all the piggies get stuck - the timer runs out but never starts a new round, and the "vote to change" feature stops functioning entirely.

And after all of that, it crashed GMod with this error:
    Engine Error: uch\pigmask.mdl(2) at 1.$ 1.$ 1.$ in contact with uch\pigmask.mdl (2) at 1.$ 1.$ 1.$, crash. dist = -1, minq = 99999999999999998000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000

21. Post #101
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    947 Posts
    The gamemode bugged out 3 times in a row where the UC and all the piggies get stuck - the timer runs out but never starts a new round, and the "vote to change" feature stops functioning entirely.

And after all of that, it crashed GMod with this error:
    Engine Error: uch\pigmask.mdl(2) at 1.$ 1.$ 1.$ in contact with uch\pigmask.mdl (2) at 1.$ 1.$ 1.$, crash. dist = -1, minq = 99999999999999998000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000
    This must be a separate issue than the one I had a fix for before. Do you remember when it happened, and on what server?

22. Post #102
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,427 Posts
    I really don't like the new tail swipe ability, needs longer recharge
    Also it seems that pigmasks has decreased runspeed when using sprint, is this correct?

23. Post #103
    August 2010
    32 Posts
    This music should play the whole time:

Edited:

Erectin' a REMAKE

24. Post #104
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    947 Posts
    I really don't like the new tail swipe ability, needs longer recharge
    Also it seems that pigmasks has decreased runspeed when using sprint, is this correct?
    It was originally even faster recharge than it is now, and you didn't need as much of the meter for it to be effective. The whole purpose was to make the UC a more formidable threat, there were only like 3 guys I knew that could win as the UC, even then they only won maybe 30% of the time.

I'll consider tweaking the recharge some more though.

As for pig's running speed, I can't remember if I changed it, but I don't think I touched it.

25. Post #105
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    An update.
    I've finally finished the map,but i'm not going to release it, it has many bugs,the stupid tf2 missing textures problem (look at the saturn houses....)and some displacements issues,as you can see in the screens below.
    One of these is that the Flower models's materials can't be pakratted...i've tried everything, even recompiling the map.
    Also thank you KidSerge for your Flower Models!
    Anyway, you deserve some screenshots:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    I've finally finished the map,but i'm not going to release it
    D:

This map does look like quite alot of fun, are you going to be fixing the issues you named?

27. Post #107
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    Yeah sure,i've already fixed many things! the download will be up in a few days,or maybe tomorrow too, it depends on me

28. Post #108
    February 2009
    730 Posts
    Lovely Map Batandy. i'll be sure to add it as Soon as Possible after the release.

29. Post #109
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    Ladies and Gentlemans...
    I'm currently working on the final version of titiboo, b4.
    Now i'm giving you some pics of my work!

as you can see i've added some new props, a beer vending machine (model by Alex "Rexy" Kreeger )
    I've also fixed the cubemaps, as you can see by watching the floor

This area is larger,to avoid camping and before it was too small and hard for the pigmasks
    I've also changed the sand which now uses a blend texture

You can look at the fixed cubemaps in this screen too, the water now reflects more the room,
    Also...let's check what does that "press in case of chimera" button...

All the areas except the maintenance and the DCMC room become darker and starts to fade from dark grey to total black,dark like the laboratory, perfect to play "Hide and die!"

Other features coming soon
    -Batandy

30. Post #110

September 2010
    8 Posts
    Hey I have no idea how to install this. Could somebody show me the light of intelligence and lead me the way out of the cave of retardedness.

31. Post #111
    January 2010
    911 Posts
    wtf where are all the UCH Servers!???

32. Post #112
    August 2007
    59 Posts
    my server has the gamemode but it is only played when voted for (so not a 24/7 uch server)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,096 Posts

:raise:

Edited:

Thanks for the help

34. Post #114
    Wonder why Lucas' hair and Ness' hat are in the rank textures, could it be that much, much later Lucas and Ness will come to the Ultimate Chimera Hunt?

35. Post #115
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    Why do no servers play this gamemode any more? :frown:

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,917 Posts
    how do i download SVN properly,and is there any servers on this?

Edited:

:raise:

Edited:

Thanks for the help
    Incoming stupid response in 3...2....1..

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    October 2009
    701 Posts
    I don't wanna bump, but some kid on the server's causing tons of people to get ping timeouts because his ping is 900+ and he refuses to leave. Can we get a votekick function or something on the server, or can the server owner set up something that kicks people with a ping over 300 or such?

38. Post #118
    June 2009
    149 Posts
    Are there any servers hosting this anymore? I fucking love Mother 3, but I've never seen this gamemode hosted.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,705 Posts
    i haven't played this in a while

maybe you could have someone play as the bird and they can reactivate the chimera if they aren't caught? make it so you have to guard the chimeras body for a while before you win after pressing the button

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    260 Posts
    I still have a server that plays this gamemode permanently all the time.
    193.200.158.146:27025