1. Post #201
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Any chance you could include a little metro line?
    There are two stations already and there will be a few more, but could use some ideas for this please

Edited:

Still have to fix misaligned track textures and a few shadows

The sign says Litku-Öljy OY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #202
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,354 Posts
    There are two stations already and there will be a few more, but could use some ideas for this please

Edited:

Still have to fix misaligned track textures and a few shadows

The sign says Litku-Öljy OY
    :allears:

3. Post #203
    April 2009
    649 Posts
    Grass texture looks much better now! However, in the first image, that tree on the right looks a bit too close to the tracks. :frogdowns:

4. Post #204
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Grass texture looks much better now! However, in the first image, that tree on the right looks a bit too close to the tracks. :frogdowns:
    Whoops...that was the tree I was copying & pasting from and forgot to delete for the pic

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,162 Posts
    It's very purdy.

Edited:

Would it be possible to add ropes as electric lines to the map? :confused:

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,610 Posts
    It's very purdy.

Edited:

Would it be possible to add ropes as electric lines to the map? :confused:
    That's probably planned already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    That's probably planned already.
    Confirmed

8. Post #208
    December 2009
    23 Posts
    Great looking map so far, what can you do on the map, if you don't feel like trains? (But trains are awesome, I will ride on Pringles' metro then! :D)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,739 Posts
    What is this Pringles' metro?

10. Post #210
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    What is this Pringles' metro?
    Gonna build a VR pendolino just for this map :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    The pendolino is a highspeed passenger train :lol:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    July 2005
    80 Posts
    Great looking map so far, what can you do on the map, if you don't feel like trains? (But trains are awesome, I will ride on Pringles' metro then! :D)
    I think you came to the wrong map if you dont feel like trains.

13. Post #213
    February 2010
    12,354 Posts
    Did I mention I like trains?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,174 Posts
    Metro is train...

15. Post #215
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Also I added and tested the new rails on the bend...could use more work but they can be taken at a realistic speed

16. Post #216
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    March 2009
    12,622 Posts
    This map is fucking sex, I wish I could map as good as you can.

Will this be a train only map or will you have stuff like roads and stuff like that all over it?

17. Post #217
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    This map is fucking sex, I wish I could map as good as you can.

Will this be a train only map or will you have stuff like roads and stuff like that all over it?
    The main road was going to be usable at one point, but it would have caused too many problems

18. Post #218
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,145 Posts
    Oh well, this isn't a truck driving map anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    August 2008
    627 Posts
    Oh well, this isn't a truck driving map anyways.
    Agreed, but will there be smaller roads? not like a main highway sort of a thing, but just a little something?

20. Post #220
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Who knows I may consider it, because of the thin building area in the neighborhood, I found myself noclipping through the fence and building on the road instead. It would fix a lot of construct space issues, and would not be too difficult...

21. Post #221
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,252 Posts
    It would be more "all round friendly" if you opened the roads up...

22. Post #222
    July 2005
    80 Posts
    It would be more "all round friendly" if you opened the roads up...
    Cityrail is a modern train-build map
    I think your question has been answered why this is likely not to happen.

23. Post #223
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Lol, but it is actually likely I may open some roads up for build space. This map will need more empty areas than I originally planned after actually playing it.

24. Post #224
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,252 Posts
    I think your question has been answered why this is likely not to happen.
    So, why have roads and not use them?

Pretty pointless if you ask me...

25. Post #225
    August 2008
    627 Posts
    While we are on the topic of roads, will there be any railroad crossings? i wanna build a car and hit it with a train lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    While we are on the topic of roads, will there be any railroad crossings? i wanna build a car and hit it with a train lol
    This
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #227
    July 2005
    80 Posts
    So, why have roads and not use them?

Pretty pointless if you ask me...
    I think you are missing the point.

28. Post #228
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    There is currently one in the red-brick area, but I've been trying to avoid adding them because 1) I then have to find a reason to make both sides of the road inaccessible to the player realistically, and 2) most roads seem to go over or under electric track in Helsinki, usually over.

29. Post #229
    August 2008
    627 Posts
    most roads seem to go over or under electric track in Helsinki, usually over.
    Same with Amtrak's northeast corridor here on the east coast of the US, there are only like, 5 crossings still active or something like that, and it runs all the way from DC to New York, most go over or under now

30. Post #230
    February 2010
    12,354 Posts
    Same with Amtrak's northeast corridor here on the east coast of the US, there are only like, 5 crossings still active or something like that, and it runs all the way from DC to New York, most go over or under now
    Forgot about that line

31. Post #231
    i enjoy sucking pony dick
    November 2006
    1,545 Posts
    That's because America doesn't put barriers on level crossings and leave it to lights to separate people, SUVs and 150mph expresses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    That's because America doesn't put barriers on level crossings and leave it to lights to separate people, SUVs and 150mph expresses.
    You sure about that? Everywhere in the US I've been has had barriers at the crossings.

Unless you're referring to the agrarian middle part and/or deep south, I guess barrier-less railroad crossings are their means of justice.

33. Post #233
    August 2008
    627 Posts
    We do have barriers, plus lights

The image is from the northeast corridor, its slightly older, but he crossing design hasn't changed, it goes all the way across, there is another gate just out of the picture on the right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Should I keep this new sky? It is a quick edit of lazydays_hdr by Mr. Chop.

Edited:

Actually I should have enabled HDR on that compile

35. Post #235
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,252 Posts
    Looks pretty good, i can sort of imaging it would look good with HDR aswell...

36. Post #236
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    Just don't make it too bright

37. Post #237
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Just don't make it too bright
    What I've seen in Finland, at least from streetview, it always seems to have an overcast and be around the same colour/brightness but perhaps just a bit more lively.Nothing really bright though, I will keep trying for perfection

It does have colour correction though.

Edited:

Also I've been asked to keep consistency with oskutin's original style for the map, and even though he liked the new way ("Some areas have a style very similar to mine and others are quite different, but I like it.") I think it will be much better to keep it the same as originally intended:

->

38. Post #238
    Will there be any fog, like, a slightly foggy? Not too much, but maybe if you stop to look and go "Oh, hey, I think this map is a little foggy"

39. Post #239
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    Good progress, good luck.

40. Post #240
    February 2010
    1,814 Posts
    Will there be any fog, like, a slightly foggy? Not too much, but maybe if you stop to look and go "Oh, hey, I think this map is a little foggy"
    Already some slight for for optimisation

There will be a path up to the neighbourhood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)