1. Post #41
    July 2008
    403 Posts
    Atleast read the OP ._.
    Oh right.. I forgot bout that =/... dang... this sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bulgaria Show Events

2. Post #42
    September 2005
    5 Posts
    Try running it in windowed mode if you're not already. A similar thing was happening to me in fullscreen only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #43
    December 2008
    100 Posts
    I've had this problem before, twice, once in Windows and once in Linux(don't ask).
    The problem was missing font. Are you sure you installed the tahoma font right? Drag it to your desktop, right click, select install(win vista/7). It should appear in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts as Tahoma Normal(Norwegian windows) or tahoma.ttf. If it's still not working, delete/rename the garrysmod folder in your steamapps/<user name> folder, then try start the game. Still failing? Then something is terribly wrong D:

About the keyvalue errors, those are broken addons. Check if they contain an info.txt file. If not, delete them, or reinstall them properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,973 Posts
    Delete everything in your Steam folder apart from steam.exe and /steamapps/ folder
    Did that and completely re-installed STEAM, no dice.

I've had this problem before, twice, once in Windows and once in Linux(don't ask).
    The problem was missing font. Are you sure you installed the tahoma font right? Drag it to your desktop, right click, select install(win vista/7). It should appear in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts as Tahoma Normal(Norwegian windows) or tahoma.ttf. If it's still not working, delete/rename the garrysmod folder in your steamapps/<user name> folder, then try start the game. Still failing? Then something is terribly wrong D:

About the keyvalue errors, those are broken addons. Check if they contain an info.txt file. If not, delete them, or reinstall them properly.
    I don't see how the Tahoma font could just disappear.. I use it in GIMP a lot.

The addons thing is gone anyways, I cleared my Gmod folder.

Edited:

HELL. FUCKING. YES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    2,019 Posts
    Any idea what you did?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,973 Posts
    Installed tahoma to Windows and not Gmod.

I just want to know how Windows deleted Tahoma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts

That's exactly what I told you to do! Download Tahoma and install it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,973 Posts
    That's exactly what I told you to do! Download Tahoma and install it!
    Gmod has been fixed since yesterday :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    "TOO FUCKIN' STUPID"
    March 2010
    1,767 Posts
    How'd you fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,622 Posts
    How'd you fix?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    July 2009
    6,992 Posts
    I thought the menu used coolvetica, i guess not anymore. I haven't really paid much attention to itq
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #52
    April 2011
    4 Posts
    I love you Black Razor 88 and I Love you AlfieGroove I have been trying everything to fix this same issue and after 2 weeks i just found this and the fonts worked for me too. I love you all. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53

January 2012
    10 Posts
    guys i did put in the dxlevel thing and restarted gmod but i can still not see servers please i beg i need help!

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb bump" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #54
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    guys i did put in the dxlevel thing and restarted gmod but i can still not see servers please i beg i need help!
    Calmly explain the problem without leaving out any detail. I'm guessing from reading your post that either you have the same problem as the person who created the thread, or that no servers are showing up in the server browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events