1. Post #161
    January 2010
    290 Posts
    What do I do to use the SVN link?

PHX3 was "Create a folder called PHX3 in your addons" and stuff, so whats this one? WAC?
    Install it like wiremod, create a folder called WAC in addons then SVN checkout the SVN link in that folder. Once it finishes downloading, take all of WAC_* folders (not the .svn one) inside there and put them in addons. Then delete the main WAC folder you downloaded them to.

2. Post #162
    June 2010
    10 Posts
    If I spawn any of the helicopters asides from the Littlebird, my game crashes. Help?

3. Post #163
    April 2009
    87 Posts
    Well I got the WAC helicopter from garrysmod.org and i placed both the WAC base and the WAC helicopter in the addons but when i start a game in singleplayer the spawnmenu breaks and i can't bring it up can someone tell me how to fix that

4. Post #164
    June 2010
    10 Posts
    Well I got the WAC helicopter from garrysmod.org and i placed both the WAC base and the WAC helicopter in the addons but when i start a game in singleplayer the spawnmenu breaks and i can't bring it up can someone tell me how to fix that
    I think it's because of conflicting addons

5. Post #165
    April 2009
    87 Posts
    I think it's because of conflicting addons
    Well i took everything out my addons and i found out that WAC sweps causes the problem :( why is that

6. Post #166
    August 2009
    205 Posts
    Every time i spawn a helicopter the rotors spawn in the middle of it. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,870 Posts
    Well i took everything out my addons and i found out that WAC sweps causes the problem :( why is that
    Because you downloaded them from GMod.org, they don't work with newer versions. Gonna upload a new version. Maybe I should delete not working stuff earlier :p

8. Post #168
    March 2010
    6 Posts
    Whew, just epic!
    That's one of the best upgrades my server got after Wiremod and Stargate!
    You, Sir, deserve the LUA King title!

Btw, is there a option to remove the Vehicle Cameras view filter?

9. Post #169
    April 2009
    87 Posts
    Because you downloaded them from GMod.org, they don't work with newer versions. Gonna upload a new version. Maybe I should delete not working stuff earlier :p
    Thanks for telling me

10. Post #170
    September 2010
    563 Posts
    Well this Is the problem.

I crash when I spawn the first Little bird.
    Also why do I miss the materials for the second littlebird.

I will try updating the SVN but is anyone else having this problem.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts
    Also, Welt, are you planning on adding any new features to the base, such as multiple firemodes?

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,118 Posts
    Also, Welt, are you planning on adding any new features to the base, such as multiple firemodes?
    Welt, can you add the swep "fire mode" ?
    I'm too noobish to can do it by myself.... :(.
    I am busy with the helicopter, sorry. But it's on my list.
    Np.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts
    Ah, excellent. I'd forgotten he'd mentioned that.

14. Post #174
    July 2010
    41 Posts
    Well, damn.
    He'd said it 7 weeks ago........
    Btw, I'm still hoping on you, Welt.

15. Post #175
    May 2010
    748 Posts
    This is definitely going on my server. Great work Welt.

16. Post #176
    March 2008
    443 Posts
    Every time I use any weapon that has the different explosion effect (Ex, the helicopter's apache missiles) the game promptly crashes... Any suggestions?

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,633 Posts
    Just wondering if your ever going to add proper support for sharpeye focus into sthe swep pack, maby add something that will tell the sweps to use sharpeye instead of your code.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,118 Posts
    What is sharpeye?

19. Post #179
    July 2010
    41 Posts
    That is: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=908557
    Now, the biggest different from Wac and Sharp is Sharp can't FORCE people to use them when they joined the server, but Wac can :>

20. Post #180
    June 2010
    10 Posts
    Where do I put that "stuff" folder?

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,870 Posts
    You don't really need it, you can throw it in the trashbin if you want.

22. Post #182
    September 2010
    24 Posts
    Is it possible to save the custom spawnpoints so I dont have to place them every time? Because that would be awesome.

23. Post #183
    June 2010
    25 Posts
    i know this may sound stupid but is there any way to put this mod into half life 2? like beside gmod? because it would be really awesome to use this aiming system while playing half life 2s story :)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts
    Afraid not, since HL2 doesn't use LUA.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,870 Posts
    Is it possible to save the custom spawnpoints so I dont have to place them every time? Because that would be awesome.
    Not really, but I think I'll do that sometime in the future.

Edited:

i know this may sound stupid but is there any way to put this mod into half life 2? like beside gmod? because it would be really awesome to use this aiming system while playing half life 2s story :)
    I'm trying to fix up the HL2 Campaign gamemode, so you can play HL2 in gmod, even with your friends.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    986 Posts
    Im getting this, Just downloaded it today. Cant use the Q menu, But when I Remove all WAC folders No issues. Running AirVehicles, Bail Out, Enginemod and Combine Mech.

Code:
    gui.Create: Error when calling 'ToolMenu':Init ([@gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\toolpanel.lua:84] bad argument #1 to 'SetText' (string expected, got nil))
    vgui.Create: Error when calling 'SpawnMenu':Init ([gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:14] attempt to index field 'ToolMenu' (a nil value))
    Hook 'CreateSpawnMenu' Failed: [gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:193] attempt to index global 'g_SpawnMenu' (a nil value)
    Sending 430 'User Info' ConVars to server (cl_spewuserinfoconvars to see)
    [gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:123] attempt to index field 'ToolToggle' (a nil value)
    [gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:123] attempt to index field 'ToolToggle' (a nil value)
    EDIT: Looks like its just the SWEP folder, only when I put that in my Addons folder does my Q menu Hide in the top left of my screen. Sucks cuz I wanted to see what was new with it.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,870 Posts
    Im getting this, Just downloaded it today. Cant use the Q menu, But when I Remove all WAC folders No issues. Running AirVehicles, Bail Out, Enginemod and Combine Mech.

Code:
    gui.Create: Error when calling 'ToolMenu':Init ([@gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\toolpanel.lua:84] bad argument #1 to 'SetText' (string expected, got nil))
    vgui.Create: Error when calling 'SpawnMenu':Init ([gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:14] attempt to index field 'ToolMenu' (a nil value))
    Hook 'CreateSpawnMenu' Failed: [gamemodes\sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu\spawnmenu.lua:193] attempt to index global 'g_SpawnMenu' (a nil value)
    Sending 430 'User Info' ConVars to server (cl_spewuserinfoconvars to see)
    EDIT: Looks like its just the SWEP folder, only when I put that in my Addons folder does my Q menu Hide in the top left of my screen. Sucks cuz I wanted to see what was new with it.
    Delete everything and install the SVN.

28. Post #188
    June 2009
    930 Posts
    Something cool would be if you could use your SWEPs while sitting in the helicopter passenger seats.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,561 Posts
    Is it possible that you could make an option to integrate the WAC Sweps with Perfected Climb SWEP?

What I mean is, it would be cool if you could add proper support for the Perfected Climb SWEP which works while a weapon is holstered. Pulling your gun back out will return it to a normal weapon and disable climb. This would be VERY USEFUL. I would also recommend that it is server side, maybe add an option in the WAC options menu to toggle it on and off.

Please make this WeltEnSTurm :buddy:

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,118 Posts
    Or maybe he could implement climbing and holstering in this?

31. Post #191
    January 2010
    295 Posts
    I think holstering and putting your gun down (In other words, equipping hands? :P) should be seperate. like... hold E to holster, hold R to put it down.

BTW, this has been updated alot since i downloaded it. and i jsutn oticed it has an svn too, damn, should of seen that before! This is the best addon i've seen :D

EDIT:
    Or maybe he could implement climbing and holstering in this?
    Yeah... Realistic climbing, not like the other crappy ones.

32. Post #192
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    Yeah... Realistic climbing, not like the other crappy ones.
    The difficulty with making "realistic" climbing is that he would have to animate the models to "climb" and wall run and do all those other nifty things that come with climb sweps. (I'm only assuming that's what you mean by realistic, as the other climb weapons seem pretty swell on everything but animation)

33. Post #193
    January 2010
    295 Posts
    The difficulty with making "realistic" climbing is that he would have to animate the models to "climb" and wall run and do all those other nifty things that come with climb sweps. (I'm only assuming that's what you mean by realistic, as the other climb weapons seem pretty swell on everything but animation)
    Well from what i know, it should be possible nowadays. also with realistic, i dont mean you run up to a wall, a press left mouse btn and start lifting up. i mean like, if you cant reach something, you jump to it then press the button, and if the player can reach, it he'll climb up. and maybe some animations. atleast something like head movement, meh.

34. Post #194
    April 2009
    2,057 Posts
    In the bullet penetration, it would be a nice add to make a bullet hole decal on there where the bullet comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    When I try to make my own gun out of this base, when I add in the ironsight coordinates and then go into ironsight mode, the point of aiming is always below where I told it to be. (I'm using Devenger's ironsight designer). Is there some sort of better ironsight editor for this?

Edited:

And it only happens when the values for the AimAng are not (0,0,0)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,870 Posts
    When I try to make my own gun out of this base, when I add in the ironsight coordinates and then go into ironsight mode, the point of aiming is always below where I told it to be. (I'm using Devenger's ironsight designer). Is there some sort of better ironsight editor for this?

Edited:

And it only happens when the values for the AimAng are not (0,0,0)
    WAC SWEPs menu (q-menu/utilities), check the "dev helper" (or whatever) box.

37. Post #197
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    WAC SWEPs menu (q-menu/utilities), check the "dev helper" (or whatever) box.
    So how do I actually use the viewmodel positioner?

38. Post #198

February 2010
    123 Posts
    the weapons movement is real cool but its really hard to use sniper or other scoped weapons any way to fix that?

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    Is this still being worked on?
    If so, I absolutely love the helicopter concept, especially the attack helicopters.
    I was wondering if you could make some ground vehicles like that, such as APC's and tanks.

40. Post #200
    September 2010
    32 Posts
    i have a problem with the weapons system when i try making a cannon or anything else it looks fine but as soon as i enter the seat it aims the exact other way of what im looking at so if i look in front of it it aims behind me and if i look at it it aims at my head please help me :(

Edited:

never mind i fixed it :D it was just me being stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)