1. Post #241
    January 2009
    37 Posts
    Yeah lol that's true too. Well awesome, thank you for the quick fix.

Also before you make a revision, sometimes when you die, a lua error comes up and the crosshair stops showing. I'll edit with the lua error in a second.

edit: Hook 'wac_cl_customcrosshair_paint' Failed: [@addons\wac_sweps\lua\wac\shared\e_weapons.lua:16] Tried to use a NULL entity!

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Oh god I forgot where I hard-coded the "release fire1/fire2" stuff, this will take some time

Edited:

done

3. Post #243
    January 2009
    37 Posts
    Thanks a bunch, that was pretty fast too.

4. Post #244
    August 2010
    126 Posts
    i need help with the weapons system, with the turret and weapon creator, it say to wait, and all that happens is the console gets spammed with errors from the tool, cani please get help?

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    cani please get error?

6. Post #246
    April 2009
    2,098 Posts
    Dont know if it's wacs problem but when I disable the "Use free aim with all weapons" or something like that my viewmodel doesn't follow me anymore. It doesn't even show any errors. http://i.cubeupload.com/R4Snug.jpg (why img thumbs wont work :( )

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    oh what the fuck

Edited:

If garry would have fixed frames being rendered multiple times with the same time values this would never have happened, BUT YOU DON'T GIVE A SHIT AS ALWAYS, RIGHT GARRY? He didn't even respond when I told him about this.

Edited:

fixed

8. Post #248
    April 2009
    2,098 Posts
    Yeah it works now

9. Post #249
    June 2011
    14 Posts
    Thanks for the awesome addon man, the helicopters work like a charm, and the gun "sway?" is way better then the original HL2 one.

I do have one problem though, i can't seem to change the server settings. Whenever i change walk/run/jump speed/hight nothing happens. And that happens to all the Admin settings.

Could you, or somebody else please help me with this? Would be much apreciated.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Are you running a dedicated server? If so, use the console commands provided in "addons/WAC Base/dedicated server commands.txt".

11. Post #251
    June 2011
    14 Posts
    Ah i haven't looked there yet.

Also is there a way i can just use the server settings everytime i start the server without having to insert the command? Like changing some files or something? Because i restart my server allot.

Anyway i will try the commands and see if it works now, thansk for the help!

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    You can add the commands to autoexec.cfg or server.cfg in garrysmod/cfg, and they should automatically be loaded.

13. Post #253
    June 2011
    14 Posts
    Is there anything else that should go in the autoexec.cfg file? I made one from scratch since i didn't have a server nor autoexec file. I only putted the commands in the file, with spaces between them.

Sorry, i'm quiet the noob, i know.

14. Post #254
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    Hello, I have a question about the Turret Creator Tool... Whenever I try spawning it. A few pieces of it only spawn instead of the base and the top to go with it... Can you help?

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Is there anything else that should go in the autoexec.cfg file? I made one from scratch since i didn't have a server nor autoexec file. I only putted the commands in the file, with spaces between them.

Sorry, i'm quiet the noob, i know.
    I don't know, does it work?
    I'd put every command in a new line instead of separating them with spaces though

Edited:

Hello, I have a question about the Turret Creator Tool... Whenever I try spawning it. A few pieces of it only spawn instead of the base and the top to go with it... Can you help?
    You have to spawn base and top separate.
    You can switch between the modes with right click.
    First spawn the base, check if everything looks alright (no big top on small mount, or something)
    and then do the same again with the top.
    You can link them to a vehicle to control them. Select the "Entity Linker" tool, shoot the bottom of your turret, then shoot your vehicle.
    Then shoot the mount of the top part (3rd part from the bottom) and link this to your vehicle too.
    You can also link stuff created with the "Weapon Creator" or "Pod Camera" to your cam.

16. Post #256
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    OK, I got the helicopters on my server and they spawn without any errors or anything of the sort but
    when i try to adjust the rpm settings it doesn't do anything and in the console it says it can't find the
    command or something along those lines. Help, anybody?

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    You can't change the serverside commands from clientside, you'll have to enter them into the server console.

18. Post #258
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    OK. I tried that and it still says "Unknown command: wac_heli_phmul" when i try to enter it into the
    server console. Did i install the addon wrong because i deleted it and re installed it twice and still nothing any ideas?

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Are there any Lua errors regarding WAC in the server console?

20. Post #260
    January 2011
    6 Posts
    No,none that I can see.

Edited:

OK, this is what it says about WAC when i start my server and join

[WAC] Loading autorun/wac_loader.lua, Version 89
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/d_lib.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_healthmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_helicopter.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_ini_parser.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_spawnmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_walkmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/shared/e_weapons.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/d_keyboard.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_advbuild.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_clbullet.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_helicopter.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_helicopter_help.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_keypanel.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_deathmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_dmgsys.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_healthmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_helicopter.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_misc.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_walkmod.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_menu_weapons.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_pldeath.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_podcam.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_seatswitch.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_speedblur.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_tbfhud.lua
    [WAC] Loading WAC/client/e_view.lua

Also i wont be able to show you anymore console stuff because ill be on vacation but i can reply with my phone.

21. Post #261
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    I have another quick question, how do you get the "tank track" to work. I try and it doesn't link to the seat or any thing, and When I wire it, it only wires with 'W' to make it go forward and that's it. Please help. Thanks.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    1 makes it go forward and -1 makes it go backwards.

23. Post #263

July 2011
    1 Posts
    is it possible to give npcs the wac modern warfare sweps? i tried and i got this error
    [addons\wac base\lua\wac\shared\d_lib.lua:223] attempt to call method 'KeyDown' (a nil value)
    i gave the npcs the FAL

24. Post #264

May 2011
    2 Posts
    I can spawn the helicopters fine and all, but when I try to start the engines I get [addons/WAC Helicopter/lua/entities/wac_hc_base/init.lua:500] attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    I have WAC Helicopters, WAC Base and the extra WAC helicopters. I also have wiremod if that makes any difference.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Try to open the menu in q-menu/utilities/wac helicopter.
    If that doesn't work, there is probably earlier an error that shows what's wrong.

26. Post #266

May 2011
    2 Posts
    All I see under there is a little drop down box that says either keyboard or mouse. And a little box to the right of that leading to a preset editor.

EDIT: I only get the error when I go to start the engines, not right when I get in.

27. Post #267
    June 2007
    98 Posts
    Hey I got WAC a while back and loved all the things it had, especially the Turret creator that let you make a BF2 like tank or an APC, but I downloaded it again and it seems that the turrets that are mouse-controllable and the cannons are both broken.

Is there a fix for these?

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    I think I changed the behavior of these quite a few times.
    How do you expect them to work?

Edited:

All I see under there is a little drop down box that says either keyboard or mouse. And a little box to the right of that leading to a preset editor.

EDIT: I only get the error when I go to start the engines, not right when I get in.
    That means there was an error loading clientside WAC.
    Check your console after you spawn.

29. Post #269

May 2011
    29 Posts
    Okay. This isn't so much of a problem as compared to me more or less not being able to figure this out, but I need assistance with getting the Pod Camera to work. I spawn the pod camera where i need it, and I link it with my Airboat Seat, but instead of showing me the view from the camera, it shows my normal view from the seat, but with the Pod Camera HUD.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Seems like CalcView is broken by some other addon. Do you have SharpeYe or something else installed?

31. Post #271
    December 2009
    24 Posts
    When I heard old steam ping on the video I nostalgia'd

Anywho interesting mod, props to you.

32. Post #272

May 2011
    29 Posts
    Nevermind. I think I may have accidentally screwed it up. Reinstalled WAC and it works now.

33. Post #273

August 2011
    2 Posts
    The nds tools arent in the svn? i cant find weapon or turret spawner and they deleted theweapon pack i spent hours looking for :(

Edited:

I cant find the nds stuff :(

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    maybe that's because I renamed NDS to WAC and included all the weapon pack models

35. Post #275
    January 2009
    37 Posts
    Hey, is there a way that you could disable your custom crosshair on the physgun and toolgun? Even if I disable it it still stays on them.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Fixed that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    July 2005
    17 Posts
    Installed the pack, Crosshair has disappeared from my tool gun, Any ideas? all custom crosshair options are off.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    Try "crosshair 1" in the console

39. Post #279
    January 2009
    37 Posts
    Thank you for the crosshair fix.

Edit: 5Durkee is correct, I just confirmed it. (Tried crosshair 1)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,887 Posts
    :c

Edited:

That's an odd bug.. I don't like odd bugs