1. Post #1521
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    Thers a kickass song playing when you first encounter a large group of tyger soldiers, and strange talks on the tv. Who knows its name?
    Awesome song.I need it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

2. Post #1522
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    Awesome song.I need it!
    Isn't it the main theme? (Specifically 1:56)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #1523
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    the music in this game seemed heavily inspired by Hans Zimmer's score in many parts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1524
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I really like the soundtrack. It's used really effectively, and I agree it's definitely inspired by the Nolan movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #1525
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    Isn't it the main theme? (Specifically 1:56)
    Yes, but the 1:56 part plays through all the battle, i dont think its the main theme i would have noticed it.

6. Post #1526
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,162 Posts
    I love the amount of detail they put in the game. Like the scratches on the costume the more you play it's just so awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #1527
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,419 Posts
    I love the amount of detail they put in the game. Like the scratches on the costume the more you play it's just so awesome.
    didn't they have that in Arkham Asylum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #1528
    June 2007
    2,202 Posts
    didn't they have that in Arkham Asylum?
    They did, you could even see Batman's beard grow throughout the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1529
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    Can't wait for the next batman game!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #1530
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,676 Posts
    I'm fucking terrible with Challenges. I can't even score 10 000 points, let alone 24 000 or more for 3/3 marks.
    The secret to high scores is stunning the first few enemies with your cape and taking them out that way because you get like 3-5x combo each person. Then when the combo meter goes into the red take them out normally because you get x2 for each punch. Oh, and try to take out each enemy when they are on the ground because you get 75 points x whatever your combo score is. You will most likely get used to it soon enough. I was terrible at first since I had not played Arkham Asylum in over two years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1531
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Wow! Dat ending!    We salute our fallen hero! At least we know what Quinn'll be doing in the next game.    Also,   Batman with a sword just felt way to good. Best part of the game for me. I just guess the little boy in me was in awe at that.   

"Only you!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #1532
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    I have only two words for you bomimo: Lazarus Pit

13. Post #1533
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    The secret to high scores is stunning the first few enemies with your cape and taking them out that way because you get like 3-5x combo each person. Then when the combo meter goes into the red take them out normally because you get x2 for each punch. Oh, and try to take out each enemy when they are on the ground because you get 75 points x whatever your combo score is. You will most likely get used to it soon enough. I was terrible at first since I had not played Arkham Asylum in over two years.
    I'll try that thanks man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

14. Post #1534
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    Is there a way to get those startup videos to stop playing (without breaking everything)? I mean, they're cool and all, but they make starting the game up take so much longer. I've tried renaming them, and I've tried messing with the engine.ini's, but everything I've tried has either messed everything up or not worked at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #1535
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    Is there a way to get those startup videos to stop playing (without breaking everything)? I mean, they're cool and all, but they make starting the game up take so much longer. I've tried renaming them, and I've tried messing with the engine.ini's, but everything I've tried has either messed everything up or not worked at all.
    Renaming them worked for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

16. Post #1536
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    Renaming them worked for me.
    Which ones, and where, specifically? Because I tried renaming a bunch under C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\batman2\BmGame\Movies and it would always mess up the main menu. Batman would be capeless, almost entirely dark (except for his eyes), and would have weird reflections on his face. The main menu would also be under a transparent grey artifact that covered most of the screen.

17. Post #1537
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    Only rename startup.swf and startupNV.swf
    I don't have the Steam version though, maybe (but unlikely) that is causing your problems.

18. Post #1538
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    Only rename startup.swf and startupNV.swf
    I don't have the Steam version though, maybe (but unlikely) that is causing your problems.
    Yeah, whenever I do that, this happens:

19. Post #1539
    June 2009
    3,404 Posts
    I fucking hate watching people play this on Youtube. Everone seem to be terrible at combat.
    They never counter a move. Hngngggggggg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1540
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I fucking hate watching people play this on Youtube. Everone seem to be terrible at combat.
    Countering is so easy, I don't know why so many people struggle with it. I mean fuck, after playing through the game on New Game+, I counter their moves before the notification even pops up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1541
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    i'm the counter master. watching me play is like watching the movie Ip Man. but with Batman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,902 Posts
    One of the upgrades is extreme combo mode (12+) and another upgrades all your quickfire weapons in that mode for extra potency. The most notable one is quickfire explosive gel, which creates a large explosion radius and knocks down people for quite a bit of time. Another upgrade available is the multi-ground takedown.

Combine the two and you have a way to clear a room of 30+ people down to 5-ish.

I did this accidentally in a campaign challenge. Got to 12+ and used the explosive gel which knocked almost everyone down. Hit a few people and with critical strikes, got back to a 5 combo which then I immediately used the multi-ground takedown. Suddenly green circles everywhere and the game actually takes a massive frame rate hit. Went from 30 people to 5.

Unfortunately, this combo doesn't actually give you a lot of points. You're much better off beating up everyone individually, but taking down 30 people in one attack is just way too much fun.

Also should note, I'm playing it on the 360, so seeing the frame rate hit was actually very surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1543
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    well i got arkham city. still downloading it. still can't believe the piece of shit weighs 17 motherfucking gigabytes??? either arkham is huge, or the game has worse optimization than gta iv did!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1544
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    well i got arkham city. still downloading it. still can't believe the piece of shit weighs 17 motherfucking gigabytes??? either arkham is huge, or the game has worse optimization than gta iv did!
    Size=! Optimization. It's because they do Pre-rendered 720p Cinematics at 6+Mbps... They actually look good this time. I think they listened when people complained about the compression artifacts in Asylums cinematics.

Buying retail allaway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1545
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,107 Posts
    My in-game cinematics have been suffering from stuttering and inconsistent lip-sync for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

26. Post #1546
    May 2009
    1,548 Posts
    I was strolling the streets of Industrial District when I heard Joker laughting out loud.This is after I finnished the game.   Joker is still alive!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #1547
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    I was strolling the streets of Industrial District when I heard Joker laughting out loud.This is after I finnished the game.[spoiler]removed[/spoiler]
    Good job spoiling the ending with your theories and ineptness at making spoiler tags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #1548
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    I was strolling the streets of Industrial District when I heard Joker laughting out loud.This is after I finnished the game.[spoiler][/spoiler]
    Nice job. Fucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1549
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Nice job. Fucker.
    uh he did try and use spoiler tags, no other forum uses [sp]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1550
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    I just finished the main campaign and just just found my Robin DLC key. Does this also include Robin-campaign missions? If yes, how do I play them after I've already beaten the game as Batman and Catwoman?

Also when the DLC finished downloading I was fucking pissed because for some reason it though it was a good idea to rip me right out of a challenge campaing without saving even though I was on the last map and there were only 2 enemies left!

uh he did try and use spoiler tags, no other forum uses [sp]
    But he still didn't edit it...

31. Post #1551
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,107 Posts
    Those are simply challenge modes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

32. Post #1552
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    Those are simply challenge modes
    Oh, thanks.

33. Post #1553
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    So,    Scarecrow    and    Hush    will play big roles in the next game.

34. Post #1554
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    When you defeat    Clayface    and Joker nearly jumps into the pit it looks like the explosion    pushes Clayface into the pit   . Is    he    still alive and more powerful than ever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1555
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    When you defeat    Clayface    and Joker nearly jumps into the pit it looks like the explosion    pushes Clayface into the pit   . Is    he    still alive and more powerful than ever?
    I don't know about the more powerful part but I'm pretty sure    he's not dead.   

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,602 Posts
    I don't know about the more powerful part but I'm pretty sure    he's not dead.   
    That's arguable. There's no way to know if    the Lazarus pits can affect Clayface the way it affects humans, seeing as Clayface is a mound of living goop. For all we know it could have completely destroyed him, or it didn't affect him at all (and let's face it, Batman probably didn't kill Clayface during the fight. He may have knocked him out for a bit, but I don't think a mound of living goop like Clayface could be killed that easily, if at all.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,035 Posts
    That's arguable. There's no way to know if    the Lazarus pits can affect Clayface the way it affects humans, seeing as Clayface is a mound of living goop. For all we know it could have completely destroyed him, or it didn't affect him at all (and let's face it, Batman probably didn't kill Clayface during the fight. He may have knocked him out for a bit, but I don't think a mound of living goop like Clayface could be killed that easily, if at all.   
    I didn't know about    Clayface    before playing Arkham City (I only watched the Nolan Batman films) and was surprised when Batman suddenly started    cutting him in little pieces    when he wouldn't even want to kill far more evil criminals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1558
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    I just killed a henchmen. On the predator map "Top Of The World" I was on one of the outer gargoyles when it said I could do an inverted takedown even though there's nothing directly below me but a sheer drop to the city. I performed the takedown and batman kind of swooped over to a henchman that was on a balcony, picked him up and hung him from the gargoyle I was on. Then I used a batarang to cut the rope and watched him fall all the way to the bottom. There's no way anyone could survive it. I broke batman's rule.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #1559
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    I just killed a henchmen. On the predator map "Top Of The World" I was on one of the outer gargoyles when it said I could do an inverted takedown even though there's nothing directly below me but a sheer drop to the city. I performed the takedown and batman kind of swooped over to a henchman that was on a balcony, picked him up and hung him from the gargoyle I was on. Then I used a batarang to cut the rope and watched him fall all the way to the bottom. There's no way anyone could survive it. I broke batman's rule.
    Did you inspect him with Detective Vision? It would probably still have showed him as "unconscious".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1560
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    So,    Scarecrow    and    Hush    will play big roles in the next game.
    I would certainly hope    Hush    won't. Batman said 'I'll take care of him tomorrow', so unless the next game takes place the day after, Batman really dropped the ball on that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events