1. Post #1361
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    I fell through the map playing as Catwoman. I was leaping up a building, the camera cut away, cut back and she was just falling endlessly. Had to restart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #1362
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,146 Posts
    I jumped off a fench and somehow got stuck on some kind of hook thing, so batman was just hovering there in fall pose. Had to restart the area :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

3. Post #1363
    April 2011
    651 Posts
       Batman is now fighting a Wizard. I am confused   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #1364
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    I like playing as catwoman. I don't know why, it's just something different! Can't wait to see how Robin gameplay is like though, and still wondering about batwoman?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1365
    August 2010
    1,241 Posts
    I like playing as catwoman. I don't know why, it's just something different! Can't wait to see how Robin gameplay is like though, and still wondering about batwoman?!
    well.. shes sort of crippled.. so no swinging around buildings for her!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #1366
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    I felt that Catwoman had quite weak stealth sections and her VO is really grating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #1367
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,460 Posts
    catwoman is just an awful character that has absolutely no substance to her whatsoever. she's not at all interesting. she's a completely two dimensional stereotype that falls flat on it's ass and has nothing more to offer than i will get myself out of this situation by trying to be seductive and cute. she's a very shallow, and boring character. batman is a thousand times the character. his role always brings up so many questions, is he doing the right thing, why is he doing it, his morals, his past, does he cause the problems he tries to fix. and you have catwoman who goes 'purr maybe i suck your dick?' *licks hand*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1368
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    and you have catwoman who goes 'purr maybe i suck your dick?' *licks hand*
    Fanservice at its best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #1369
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    catwoman is just an awful character that has absolutely no substance to her whatsoever. she's not at all interesting. she's a completely two dimensional stereotype that falls flat on it's ass and has nothing more to offer than i will get myself out of this situation by trying to be seductive and cute. she's a very shallow, and boring character. batman is a thousand times the character. his role always brings up so many questions, is he doing the right thing, why is he doing it, his morals, his past, does he cause the problems he tries to fix. and you have catwoman who goes 'purr maybe i suck your dick?' *licks hand*
    You've got to wonder how the Nolan brothers will interpret Catwoman for The Dark Knight Rises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1370
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,706 Posts
    You've got to wonder how the Nolan brothers will interpret Catwoman for The Dark Knight Rises.
    Nolan Brothers? Are you sure you aren't mixing up Christopher Nolan with the Coen Brothers?

Anyways, yeah, Catwoman is an incredibly shallow character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1371
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Nolan Brothers? Are you sure you aren't mixing up Christopher Nolan with the Coen Brothers?

Anyways, yeah, Catwoman is an incredibly shallow character.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nolan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Nolan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #1372
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,706 Posts
    Well apparently Jon doesn't get enough recognition, seeing as everyone on TV gives Christopher all the credit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #1373
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    I like Robin in this game, but Batman is such an ass to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1374
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    I just beat the game... I'm pissed that    Talia died   , and what is Batman to do now that    Joker is dead too   ? This is all confusing!

Edited:

I like Robin in this game, but Batman is such an ass to him.
    He always is, even in the cartoons and movies.

Edited:

Also, how do you unlock character trophies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #1375
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,706 Posts
    Also, how do you unlock character trophies?
    Riddler Trophies/Challenges.

16. Post #1376
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,719 Posts
    I just beat the game... I'm pissed that    Talia died   , and what is Batman to do now that    Joker is dead too   ? This is all confusing!
       I didn't really like Talia so her death didn't bother me. I'm really disappointed that Joker is dead though. Batman has several other great villains, but Joker is really good at bringing up Batman's hypocrisy and moral issues. Every scene between them in Arkham City was great in my opinion.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #1377
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,324 Posts
       Why do I have the strange feeling that Joker isn't really dead?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #1378
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,719 Posts
       Hamill said he would gladly come back if there was a sequel with the Joker in it. The Joker is Batman's #1 villain and it would be silly for Rocksteady to get rid of him for good.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1379
    June 2009
    3,414 Posts
       You can hear some of the henchmen saying "Joker aint dead, he can't be!" or something like that.
    I've also heard them say something like "It was a trap and Batman fell for it!" or something. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1380
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,324 Posts
       Hamill said he would gladly come back if there was a sequel with the Joker in it. The Joker is Batman's #1 villain and it would be silly for Rocksteady to get rid of him for good.   
    So this is no longer valid!? :D

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/1...r-arkham-city/

21. Post #1381
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #1382
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,706 Posts
       Honestly, I think it's better that Joker was killed off. Already having him steal the spotlight for two games, having him cook up yet another wacky scene for the third game would be boring and would make him overexposed if he isn't already. Someone else needs a day in the spotlight, there are plenty of other villains who would do as good as Joker.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #1383
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,719 Posts
       Honestly, I think it's better that Joker was killed off. Already having him steal the spotlight for two games, having him cook up yet another wacky scene for the third game would be boring and would make him overexposed if he isn't already. Someone else needs a day in the spotlight, there are plenty of other villains who would do as good as Joker.   
       I agree for the most part. It would be unfortunate to see Joker take over the series, but it could have been done in a better way. They could have limited him to a side mission like they did with Bane, disappear like Scarecrow, hide like Killer Croc, or be in custody for a while. The Joker is such an iconic Batman villain, a game without him at all would feel a little empty. Batman has the best group of villains in my opinion so I'm not too worried about a poor choice of a villain for the inevitable sequel. I actually wasn't expecting the Joker to have such a large role in Arkham City. For some reason I thought that Strange was going to be the main villain and steal the spotlight from the Joker.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #1384
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Okay guys, here.

In Azreal's or whoever's side mission, he's heavily affiliated with religion stuff, and he warns Batman that the apocalypse is coming or whatever, and it sounds like fucking Hell itself is going to come up under Gotham.

I'm thinking, if The Joker is really dead, but then some kind of Hellmouth appears in Gotham next game, that's a pretty good way to bring him back as a major antagonist. 

Just throwing out a theory I thought up just now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #1385
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    Well,     we had clayface, not a big stretch to hell itself *sarcasm*   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #1386
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,160 Posts
    wat

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #1387
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,890 Posts
    well.. shes sort of crippled.. so no swinging around buildings for her!
    I am thinking that they may do a story dlc with her taking place before her crippling accident (most likely at the hands of Joker if they followed the killing joke graphic novel). They also already basically confirmed that they are doing story dlc so it would make for some good gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

28. Post #1388
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
    Or how about using one of the other 2 batgirls?

29. Post #1389
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,862 Posts
       I agree for the most part. It would be unfortunate to see Joker take over the series, but it could have been done in a better way. They could have limited him to a side mission like they did with Bane, disappear like Scarecrow, hide like Killer Croc, or be in custody for a while. The Joker is such an iconic Batman villain, a game without him at all would feel a little empty. Batman has the best group of villains in my opinion so I'm not too worried about a poor choice of a villain for the inevitable sequel. I actually wasn't expecting the Joker to have such a large role in Arkham City. For some reason I thought that Strange was going to be the main villain and steal the spotlight from the Joker.    
       It seems almost definite that Scarecrow will come back in the next one with some bigger scheme given the massive easter eggs. He's bound to play a much larger role but like most Batman things, there's never just one villain.

There's bound to be something with Joker in the next game. He is THE Batman villain and it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't included in some way. My guess is you spend a good part of the game stuffing around with other villains and then a good way through, big reveal, he's back somehow. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #1390
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    Best track from the game?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1391
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Best track from the game?

I prefer this. Specifically 1:56
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #1392
    May 2010
    18,002 Posts
       It seems almost definite that Scarecrow will come back in the next one with some bigger scheme given the massive easter eggs. He's bound to play a much larger role but like most Batman things, there's never just one villain.

There's bound to be something with Joker in the next game. He is THE Batman villain and it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't included in some way. My guess is you spend a good part of the game stuffing around with other villains and then a good way through, big reveal, he's back somehow. 

joker in scarecrow segments? jokers ghost in scarface? jokers baby with his face? Find out next time! same bat game, same bat input   

33. Post #1393
    May 2011
    1,914 Posts
       I liked how Rocksteady handled the Joker's role this time around. Although he was one of the main antagonists him sharing the role Hugo Strange and Ra' Al Ghul helped give him a feeling of not being overdone. I'd be fine with him returning in a third or fourth Arkham game.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1394
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    Is there a easy way to switch between catwoman and batman (for riddler challenges)?

35. Post #1395
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    GAAAAAAAAA Fucking blargh.
    Still no fix for crashing. at least none that I've found.
    3 hours of lollygagging around since can't    enter the bloody church after rescuing Catwoman from Two-Face    right in the beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #1396
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,719 Posts

I'd be ok with Scarecrow being the main villain. Although his segments were repetitive in Asylum, he's a good villain and there are multiple ways for a good story based around him. He could poison the public with the chemical that was on the boat, but that would be a little too similar to Batman Begins. The fake crash during 3rd Scarecrow encounter in Asylum is one of my favorite parts of any game.

I don't think it's necessary for Joker to be in the game, but it would be nice to see him back. I don't want him to be forced or thrown into the story because a lot of people bitched about him dying. If it makes sense in the story, I'd be ok with it. They should only let Mark Hamill voice him though, it would just sound wrong if it wasn't him. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

37. Post #1397
    February 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Anyone want a Riddler concept art desktop background?

1920x1080, and saved as a compressed .PNG, so no speckles! Enjoy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,862 Posts
       I'd be ok with Scarecrow being the main villain. Although his segments were repetitive in Asylum, he's a good villain and there are multiple ways for a good story based around him. He could poison the public with the chemical that was on the boat, but that would be a little too similar to Batman Begins. The fake crash during 3rd Scarecrow encounter in Asylum is one of my favorite parts of any game.

I don't think it's necessary for Joker to be in the game, but it would be nice to see him back. I don't want him to be forced or thrown into the story because a lot of people bitched about him dying. If it makes sense in the story, I'd be ok with it. They should only let Mark Hamill voice him though, it would just sound wrong if it wasn't him. 

Scarecrow isn't really ambitious enough to be a primary antagonist. Even in Batman Begins he thought they were holding the city for ransom and being played by Ra's al Ghul. He could very well play a large role but something similar to Joker or Penguin in AC would be about as big as he'd go. As much as I love him and would love even more some great fear gas sequences again, he can't be everything.

I doubt the reason they would bring back Joker is because people complained about him, it would be because he is such an important part of the Universe and killing him off in the second one and pretty much ignoring everything that he was in the third one would be absurd. He has to do something just because of who he is. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #1399
    July 2008
    3,678 Posts
    Anyone want a Riddler concept art desktop background?

-picture-

1920x1080, and saved as a compressed .PNG, so no jaggies! Enjoy.

Thank you kind sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1400
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,324 Posts
    Some of the Riddler trophies are SO HARD TO GET!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)