1. Post #1481
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    Oh, wow. I just found out that one can farm XP by going in that one door to the steel mill, blowing up the    TITAN container   , leaving the steel mill, and repeating. And it's 500 XP per trip, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1482
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    How the fuck do you solve this riddle? There is three question marks on the ceiling of the train cart in a row.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

3. Post #1483
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,921 Posts
    How the fuck do you solve this riddle? There is three question marks on the ceiling of the train cart in a row.

RC Batarangs my friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #1484
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    Ooooh, fuck I'm dumb. I forgot that you need to hit one by one and not all at once. Shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

5. Post #1485
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,791 Posts

Lol, Cloud bases gaming.
    I had no issues with it, ran perfectly fine and everything, and for $1 why not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #1486
    July 2008
    3,463 Posts
    So I got a majority of the side missions done and the only one I'm having problems with is Shot in the Dark. Exactly where are the victims because I've been running around the city and haven't seen anything yet.

7. Post #1487
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    So I got a majority of the side missions done and the only one I'm having problems with is Shot in the Dark. Exactly where are the victims because I've been running around the city and haven't seen anything yet.
    Once you find the second one you get more clues, and then the third one is the end of finding victims, I believe.

You just have to run around. Look for people in a location that's somewhat easy to shoot them from. So, rooftops, open street areas, stuff like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #1488
    July 2008
    3,463 Posts
    You just have to run around. Look for people in a location that's somewhat easy to shoot them from. So, rooftops, open street areas, stuff like that.
    Did. Found nothing except political prisoners.

9. Post #1489
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Did. Found nothing except political prisoners.
    Keep looking then. To my knowledge there's no trigger after you find the first guy. You just need to find the second one.

Edited:

Finding anyone involved in the side-quests is a pain in the dick though.

10. Post #1490
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Played a bit of the game earlier. It was incredibly fun. I just have it on the backburner unfortunately with a lot of other games I'm progressing through right now. Hopefully by the time I return, some optimization patches will be out.

11. Post #1491
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,416 Posts
    Just finished the game and I've been thinking that     I don't believe that Tali and Ra's are dead. More than likely the League of Assassins were able to retrieve their bodies and get them to a Lazarus Pit.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #1492
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    Have they fixed the DX11 yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #1493
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Have they fixed the DX11 yet?
    Well. I got a hold of the leaked patch and it did shit-all for me but at least it does away with Secu-rom (due to pre-being cracked). but reports are very positive.
    I get a crash at the Arkham City Museum all the time now when entering the front door. I'm gonna try a reinstall to see if it's their new "pwn pirates" trick. But it's talking about some file being inaccessible.

Oh well. At least i got the Retail version...

Edited:

Nope. Doesn't fucking work. Makes me violently angry! And google tells me that i'm the only person in the world with this error. FUCK THIS SHIT PORT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #1494
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,172 Posts
    Jesus Christ, this game is like a Movie! I just got it and ive played 10 minutes, this is fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #1495
    February 2010
    2,697 Posts
    What's wrong with DX11, exactly? I have MVSS and HBAO turned on (but not tessellaton; it would destroy my computer) and nothing seems to be broken...

Also, even though I have a GTX 460, PhysX is off by default. I thought it was enabled by default on cards that support it...

16. Post #1496
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    What's wrong with DX11, exactly? I have MVSS and HBAO turned on (but not tessellaton; it would destroy my computer) and nothing seems to be broken...

Also, even though I have a GTX 460, PhysX is off by default. I thought it was enabled by default on cards that support it...
    Console port and no I'm not bitching. This game is superb, it just needs some updates.

Just wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1497
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,340 Posts
    lazy devs are lazy

Edited:

Actually everything in this game looks great except the crazy stuttering/lag and crash issues.

18. Post #1498
    June 2009
    3,404 Posts
    Just completed New Game +.
    fuck yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #1499
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Turns out it was Physx not working for me that caused problems. The performance itself was improved, but something else was fishy.

20. Post #1500
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,675 Posts
    Just finished the game and I've been thinking that     I don't believe that Tali and Ra's are dead. More than likely the League of Assassins were able to retrieve their bodies and get them to a Lazarus Pit.   
    Considering    Ra's comes from Arabia or whatever and according to almost all Batman related works, the Lazarus pit originates there I have to assume that they will be travelling back there to revive both of them. Only problem with my theory is the fact that Arkham City insinuates that the Lazarus pit only exists in Gotham, hence, why Solomon Grundy survived after being killed and thrown into a Gotham swamp filled with the chemical.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

21. Post #1501
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,968 Posts
    I hope the next Batman sequel will bring in other DC heroes like Superman or Hal Jordan.

or Duck Dodgers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #1502
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    FXAA on high is absolutely fantastic. It's like 4x MSAA at the price of 1 FPS lower. 60FPS DX11 is da shit dawg!

23. Post #1503
    May 2009
    1,547 Posts
    Thers a kickass song playing when you first encounter a large group of tyger soldiers, and strange talks on the tv. Who knows its name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

24. Post #1504
    May 2011
    1,908 Posts
    Just completed New Game +.
    fuck yeah
    I'm playing through New Game + and I really prefer it over the original game. After you learn to counter thugs without any notifications you really start kicking ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #1505
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    I'm fucking terrible with Challenges. I can't even score 10 000 points, let alone 24 000 or more for 3/3 marks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #1506
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I'm fucking terrible with Challenges. I can't even score 10 000 points, let alone 24 000 or more for 3/3 marks.
    It's pretty easy, even on the extreme challenges, for me. My only issue is on the Prison Break Extreme challenge. I keep dying, because the enemies keep using weapons I can't counter or disarm, like shields and stun sticks.

27. Post #1507
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts
    It's pretty easy, even on the extreme challenges, for me. My only issue is on the Prison Break Extreme challenge. I keep dying, because the enemies keep using weapons I can't counter or disarm, like shields and stun sticks.
    You CAN disarm those enemies. What I do is get my combo up to five as fast as possible then immediately do a disarm on stun stick/shield guys (leave the knife guys alone, using the blade takedown on them = points everywhere). So basically, keep getting a combo just high enough to disarm every riot shield/stun stick wielding henchman.

28. Post #1508
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    You CAN disarm those enemies. What I do is get my combo up to five as fast as possible then immediately do a disarm on stun stick/shield guys (leave the knife guys alone, using the blade takedown on them = points everywhere). So basically, keep getting a combo just high enough to disarm every riot shield/stun stick wielding henchman.
    I was referring to the batclaw disarm, which gives you a gadget variation bonus and it also just super easy to do in general. I could do the combo disarm but I have a hard time getting a combo up high enough since I have to pull special moves anyways to take out the shield and shock baton guys.

29. Post #1509
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts
    With the special moves upgrade, it only takes a combo of 5 to do any special move - including the disarm. Heck, you can start a round with the beatdown combo and go right into the disarm if you have trouble getting a high enough combo

30. Post #1510
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    With the special moves upgrade, it only takes a combo of 5 to do any special move - including the disarm. Heck, you can start a round with the beatdown combo and go right into the disarm if you have trouble getting a high enough combo
    Have you played Prison Break Extreme? The fourth round is what gets me. There are seriously like thirty guys, and probably about 20 of them have shields and shock batons. Then, once you're down to like three guys left, suddenly five of those ninja chicks show up out of nowhere and jump you, making matters worse.

It's kind of insane.

31. Post #1511
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,340 Posts
    I was going to try to obtain 100%, but then I realized that it's going to take forever since I just spent the last 20 hours getting to 50%...

Also, does the phones annoy anyone else? I can't stand doing those things so I just ignore them, but my god that ringing! ring ring ring.

Edited:

Oh and how the hell am I supposed to get inside a Riddler Room? I found the location of one, but there are no doors or anything around! I'm so lost.

32. Post #1512
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,107 Posts
    Break down the wall with the question mark
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1513
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Yeah. Took me forever to figure out too, but the doors are behind the walls with question marks. They're fake walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1514
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,958 Posts
    I was going to try to obtain 100%, but then I realized that it's going to take forever since I just spent the last 20 hours getting to 50%...

Also, does the phones annoy anyone else? I can't stand doing those things so I just ignore them, but my god that ringing! ring ring ring.

Edited:

Oh and how the hell am I supposed to get inside a Riddler Room? I found the location of one, but there are no doors or anything around! I'm so lost.
    I am a good distance into getting the riddle trophies and even I am not close yet.

The ringing is to start the sidequest to hunt down Zsask, it takes a little bit of time, but it was a fairly entertaining sidequest.

Walk up to the fake wall and press the spacebar, Batman will break it down.

35. Post #1515
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts
    Have you played Prison Break Extreme? The fourth round is what gets me. There are seriously like thirty guys, and probably about 20 of them have shields and shock batons. Then, once you're down to like three guys left, suddenly five of those ninja chicks show up out of nowhere and jump you, making matters worse.

It's kind of insane.
    Yeah, I've played it and I love it. The fact that there are 18(?) baddies to fight at once just adds to the fun, imo. If you ever feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of henchmen I suggest one or more of the following

A) Bat swarm
    B) Cape stun everything
    C) Quickfire explosive gel

And yeah, there are a lot of guys with the shields and batons, but again, just keep getting your combo up to 5 and disarm. Considering the number of UNARMED guys to wail on, getting a high enough combo isn't too difficult (especially since thugs will always keep coming up to attack you, often times in twos and threes, which means easy counters to add to your combo count). Also keep in mind that using the quickfire electric charge on an armored thug will cause a chain lightening effect, which can be useful with crowd control.

And ninja chicks are great because they give you free points in the form of blade takedowns, just keep an eye out for the yellow indicator and you're all set.

36. Post #1516
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,133 Posts
    Anyone have issues with    Freeze    on NG+?

Edited:

I just found it, and a few other fights really hard, even more so than they should have been.

37. Post #1517
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Anyone have issues with    Freeze    on NG+?

Edited:

I just found it, and a few other fights really hard, even more so than they should have been.
    I actually beat Freeze on my first try on NG+, you just have to figure out all the different stuff you can do to beat him.

I like that they changed some of the boss fights and scenarios in New Game+. It doesn't just feel like you're going through the game again but harder, some of the bits are legitimately changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

38. Post #1518
    March 2010
    3,114 Posts
    I actually beat Freeze on my first try on NG+, you just have to figure out all the different stuff you can do to beat him.

I like that they changed some of the boss fights and scenarios in New Game+. It doesn't just feel like you're going through the game again but harder, some of the bits are legitimately changed.
    Wait which scenarios change in New Game+?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #1519
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,148 Posts
    Yeah, I've played it and I love it. The fact that there are 18(?) baddies to fight at once just adds to the fun, imo. If you ever feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of henchmen I suggest one or more of the following

A) Bat swarm
    B) Cape stun everything
    C) Quickfire explosive gel
    D) Keep tapping counter button
    Updated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1520
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts

It's kind of insane.
    This is my score from just the first round of prison riot extreme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)