1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    [release]
    I wanted Conna's old Fading Doors to actually work, but when I found out how badly made they are, it ended up being far easier to start again than to fix them, so here we are.
    These ones actually contain the features the tool panel offers, and work properly with Wire (I know how much you guys love that sort of thing.)
    If you use the STool on an entity with wire inputs/outputs, it'll add it's own outputs to the bottom of the list, rather than replacing them as the old STool did. (This is actually suprisingly hard to do on the wire revision I've got. They might have made it easier since I downloaded it, however I doubt it and I couldn't be bothered to find out.)
    Another handy feature is that while they are designed to be completely separate and different to Conna's doors, if you delete that addon in favor of this one, your fading door based dupes will still work fine.

You're welcome to include this in your multipacks, but I do ask that you send me a PM here before you do, and are sure to give me full credit.

Enjoy!

SVN For more regular updates and other stuff: http://lexical-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 8Lua King Lua King x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2008
    1,059 Posts
    This is really cool, I've wanted this for a while. You should consider remaking the rest of Conna's tools, hardly any of them work but they're all good ideas for tools. Anyway, well done!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    TSW
    September 2008
    33 Posts
    Tested. Works great.

Thanks for this. I agree with the above post. You should definately consider remaking the rest of Conna's tools.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I'll see what I can do.
    If I remake the whole thing, I'll have to make it compatible with the old, which could be a bit inconvenient.
    Still, if the people demand it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,228 Posts
    Awsome, installing right away

6. Post #6
    ?
    January 2006
    5,174 Posts
    How do you clock on something to make it a fading door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    By typing really fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    900 Posts
    Tested. Works great.

Thanks for this. I agree with the above post. You should definately consider remaking the rest of Conna's tools.
    Including that tool that ran commands on the people who used it? That was horrible... But fun on DarkRP servers. :)

9. Post #9
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    Nice. You should remake/fix prop cannons too

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,613 Posts
    Fading doors still work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,657 Posts
    Good work Lexic :h:

12. Post #12
    April 2009
    409 Posts
    Holy shit finally someone remade these! Also, please re-make all of Conna's tools, I'm sure the community would be appreciate it.

13. Post #13
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,852 Posts
    A tool that has a use. Wrench'd

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Fine fine fine. I'll get on to all of those things if you guys really insist. Gives me something to do I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Nice. You should remake/fix prop cannons too

16. Post #16

August 2009
    369 Posts
    This is fantastic. If you are going to remake some of connas tools the useful ones that I miss are

fan
    position switcher
    pressure pad

private space - For this I would rather have a private space that does not fling the client or props that enter but acts as a wall and is physically impossible to enter, but props the client spawns in the box are not phased, kinda like a private work space.

rotator
    sensor

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    976 Posts
    Fantastic.

Hope to see more remakes of Conna's tools.

18. Post #18
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    Can not shoot through the door when it's been faded. Fix?

19. Post #19
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    This is broken... whenever I shoot a prop it's invisible

20. Post #20

March 2010
    59 Posts
    This tool doesn't seem to work with adv dupe bcus when you dupe it it disconnects from wire inputs so you have to rewire it when you spawn it can this be fixed?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts

Updated with better dupe support and some other things.

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    1,267 Posts
    What else is new?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    351 Posts
    Can you change it so you can shoot through doors when faded, I can't find a method that doesn't open other exploits.

24. Post #24
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    Can you change it so you can shoot through doors when faded, I can't find a method that doesn't open other exploits.
    Edited:

Posted about that too, guess the developer didn't see it :(

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I did that too, forgot to mention it.

26. Post #26
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    I did that too, forgot to mention it.
    awesome :coolfish:

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,154 Posts
    Really nice tool, I've always wanted to have wire support for fading door (was coding to code my own but you beat me at doing it :P)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Added the SVN link. I personally recommend using it, as it's updated a lot more than gmod.org. Most of these fixes have been in it for a while.

29. Post #29
    November 2008
    2,518 Posts
    Does it interfere with the Connas doors ?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Nope. It works along side, or replaces, as you please.

Edited:

(Like it says in the OP _)