1. Post #41
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    This is one of the greatest game modes ever created. (Other than Ultimate Chimera hunt.) Now I must go put this on my server to play with friends!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    I made an update which fixes player hull/movement weirdness (thanks to blackops), improves swimming, and makes players nocollide with each other. I'm not going to release it yet as I need to test it first on a server and Jova revoked my FTP.

Edited:

Also I fancy rewriting a large chunk of this and trying to make world size bigger. What do you guys think?

3. Post #43
    April 2009
    1,807 Posts
    Cool but what happened to pcmod3?

4. Post #44
    December 2008
    97 Posts
    Wow, this is awesome!
    Great work, thomasfn!

5. Post #45
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    New video :P Built epic castle with my friend. http://www.xfire.com/video/32f9ef/
    That's nice.

OFF TOPIC: As I was watching I noticed an ASSMod notice at the top of the screen, that wasn't related to GCraft, it was for population >.> Damn servers being located in the same srcds. >:I

This looks as boring as regular MineCraft.

Maybe add something unique about it (Other than the fact that you can play it in Garry's Mod, that's cool.)
    One thing that's unique about it is the textures maybe? I haven't seen the textures before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    I made an update which fixes player hull/movement weirdness (thanks to blackops), improves swimming, and makes players nocollide with each other. I'm not going to release it yet as I need to test it first on a server and Jova revoked my FTP.

Edited:

Also I fancy rewriting a large chunk of this and trying to make world size bigger. What do you guys think?
    I think bigger world size would be good

7. Post #47
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I need to test it first on a server and Jova revoked my FTP.
    I didn't know you were going to work on it anymore.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    I think bigger world size would be good
    It might be possible if I go ahead and rewrite bits and pieces. We'll see.

Also I fixed OP, the concommand is actually "gcr_setzone" and not "gcr_zone". Thanks to Jova for pointing that one out.

9. Post #49
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    It might be possible if I go ahead and rewrite bits and pieces. We'll see.

Also I fixed OP, the concommand is actually "gcr_setzone" and not "gcr_zone". Thanks to Jova for pointing that one out.
    The one good thing about thsi game mode is the actual idea and stuff. The one bad thing is it lags so much. also when it did lag a lot one time, we couldn't spawn or remove stuff. It wasn't really that though, it jsut wouldn't show that it was spawned or removed.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    The one good thing about thsi game mode is the actual idea and stuff. The one bad thing is it lags so much. also when it did lag a lot one time, we couldn't spawn or remove stuff. It wasn't really that though, it jsut wouldn't show that it was spawned or removed.
    What type of lag are you getting? Jittery movement? Delayed block placing?

11. Post #51

June 2009
    53 Posts
    You should combine it with the Minecraft player models and make a VGUI on entry to the server.
    http://www.garrysmod.com/news/?p=11893

If you do, I'd have it running on my dedi within a minute

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    You should combine it with the Minecraft player models and make a VGUI on entry to the server.
    http://www.garrysmod.com/news/?p=11893

If you do, I'd have it running on my dedi within a minute
    The gamemode already supports the "cl_playermodel" console command, the same as sandbox uses. If that addon works with sandbox, it will work with GCraft - just that players have to enter it themselves into console rather than use a gui.

Update - GCraft 1.01
    - Fixed player hulls, they are now shared (thanks to BlackOps)
    - Fixed water movement
    - Turned off player-player collision

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/files/gcraft_101.zip

13. Post #53
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    What type of lag are you getting? Jittery movement? Delayed block placing?
    Really delayed block placement.

Edited:

The gamemode already supports the "cl_playermodel" console command, the same as sandbox uses. If that addon works with sandbox, it will work with GCraft - just that players have to enter it themselves into console rather than use a gui.

Update - GCraft 1.01
    - Fixed player hulls, they are now shared (thanks to BlackOps)
    - Fixed water movement
    - Turned off player-player collision

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/files/gcraft_101.zip
    Will installing this wipe and old "save" of something I was working on with some people?

14. Post #54
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    no

15. Post #55
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    I think that there should be two versions of the map, one longer for above ground stuff. And one a bit longer and somewhat deeper for underground expansion.

16. Post #56

March 2010
    356 Posts
    fixed water movement? so it will flow like in minecraft now? also when playing i seem to get a small block placeing and removing delay.also if you make the world size bigger can you make it deeper not wider and longer?

17. Post #57
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    Me and a few people made a city like thing in this epic game mode. :3

Those arn't the best pics but meh. I'm going to make a video of our epic thing once it's finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    May 2009
    853 Posts
    i'm not sure if i'm the only one getting this error, but it makes the game unplayable.
    every texture appears in black.

19. Post #59
    February 2010
    75 Posts
    i'm not sure if i'm the only one getting this error, but it makes the game unplayable.
    every texture appears in black.
    I also experience this.

20. Post #60
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    If you are having problems with textures, visit the following link. http://www.jovacentral.com/gcraft-te...sues-t248.html

Don't forget to visit the official/original GCraft Server (For this version of gcraft) :D! The server info is found here - http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=983352

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    fixed water movement? so it will flow like in minecraft now? also when playing i seem to get a small block placeing and removing delay.also if you make the world size bigger can you make it deeper not wider and longer?
    I meant fixed player movement inside water, basically you can swim up now. The block editing delays are due to slow networking, there's not alot I can do about that.

22. Post #62
    April 2010
    221 Posts
    mind if i use it to make a game mode? thinking of something like dnd or final fantasy tactics

23. Post #63
    August 2010
    4 Posts
    Iv never played minecraft and this looks cool

24. Post #64
    July 2008
    648 Posts
    I just uploaded a rigged Minecraft player model for Garry's Mod. Feel free to use it for your gamemode:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=106974

25. Post #65
    Gold Member

May 2007
    370 Posts
    Anyone mind telling where to install this? Tried extracting everything to gamemodes, and then addons.

26. Post #66
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Anyone mind telling where to install this? Tried extracting everything to gamemodes, and then addons.
    Seriously?

Extract the folders to your gamemodes folder, and run gcraft_creative.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member

May 2007
    370 Posts
    Seriously?

Extract the folders to your gamemodes folder, and run gcraft_creative.
    Yeah, okay I get it I sound dumb. But I assumed that when the game mode wouldn't work correctly, that was the reason.

Cannot place blocks, is the problem. I'll see if I made a mistake somewhere, but I doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Yeah, okay I get it I sound dumb. But I assumed that when the game mode wouldn't work correctly, that was the reason.

Cannot place blocks, is the problem. I'll see if I made a mistake somewhere, but I doubt it.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    Did you edit the gamemode?

29. Post #69
    August 2010
    284 Posts
    This gamemode's fun. I like to go in and break all of the buildings people make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    I love how the world gets saved :D

31. Post #71
    January 2010
    90 Posts
    Can I has SVN? Would be much easier.

EDIT: We want more blocks! Maybe something to make trees! Torch? Stairs? I want also more roof and wall tiles Plz!

32. Post #72
    May 2008
    33 Posts
    This gamemode's fun. I like to go in and break all of the buildings people make.
    GRIEFER!

Also, check out my newly released "gm_minecraft"!

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=983897

33. Post #73
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    GRIEFER!

Also, check out my newly released "gm_minecraft"!

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=983897
    What is the point of it if blocks aren't breakable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,376 Posts
    You should make the size of the map larger and also that dev textured wall looks ugly replace it with something else.

35. Post #75
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Yea, and you need to make a second option in generating levels. Like mountains and waterfalls and such, and more earth layers. Not just only rock and dirt, but also sand ans water.

And lava :D

36. Post #76
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    sbox_noclip 0 doesn't disable noclip...

Why doesn;t that work in this gamemode?
    I think noclip should be deactivated due all ur secret stuff underground gets seen in just one flight..

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    sbox_noclip 0 doesn't disable noclip...

Why doesn;t that work in this gamemode?
    I think noclip should be deactivated due all ur secret stuff underground gets seen in just one flight..
    Why would it work, this is not sandbox nor is it derived from sandbox and, funnily enough sbox_noclip is a sandbox command. Use an admin mod to restrict noclip, ASSMod (for example) works just fine with this.

38. Post #78
    March 2009
    400 Posts
    Some sort of install instructions would help; I tossed the map into Maps, and copied the other two into Addons and Gamemode and yet GCraft refuses to show up in the Gamemode list, and the map's associated gamemode is unknown to Gmod.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Some sort of install instructions would help; I tossed the map into Maps, and copied the other two into Addons and Gamemode and yet GCraft refuses to show up in the Gamemode list, and the map's associated gamemode is unknown to Gmod.
    Both the gcraft and gcraft_creative should go into the gamemodes folder. The map should go in the maps folder. (Make sure gmod isn't open when you copy them. If it is/was, restart gmod.) Then it should all show up.

If you want to launch it via console, type the following console commands:

Code:
    sv_gamemode gcraft_creative
    sv_defaultgamemode gcraft_creative
    map gcr_3456_b2

40. Post #80
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    This is what we decided to make in my server (over short periods of time since we normally run a darkrp server and only switched to that game mode a few times.)