1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,866 Posts
    This thread is about all the idiots in Airsoft. Post the dumbest things you've ever done, seen done, or heard of being done with an airsoft gun. I'll start: I was reading a review for an Ak a while back and when it came to accuracy the guy says "I live about 120 feet from a Church. When I shoot this Ak the Church, they all hit it perfectly!" He never seems to explain why he uses a Church for target practice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 90 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2010
    370 Posts
    dumbest thing ive ever seen, The outer barrel on my rental needed tightening and it was really loose, i handed it to my mate while i was climbing over something and i just heard a really loud *thwack* noise, i turned around to see what it was. all you could see was the rental with inner barrel slid out onto the floor and the outer in my mates hand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Pretty sure the story I told about my former Lieutenant basing his weapons knowledge off of Modern Warfare 2 belongs in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 63Informative x 4Agree x 2Zing x 1Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2009
    13,332 Posts
    One of my friends put a silencer and scope on his M16 and uses a Vietnam mag with it and calls it an SR-25.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 75Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2008
    698 Posts
    One of my very rich friends accidentally took of the hand guard off his M16. He thinks that he broke it. This was a perfectly good classic army M16. I do not remember which specific model. Let me repeat TOOK OFF THE HAND GUARD. Now he works on gearboxes and still believes today that the gun broke.:mad:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 54Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2010
    370 Posts
    what oyotnas just said reminded me of one of my mates who got a new barrel for his M4 and tried to put it on backwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    698 Posts
    dumbest thing ive ever seen, The outer barrel on my rental needed tightening and it was really loose, i handed it to my mate while i was climbing over something and i just heard a really loud *thwack* noise, i turned around to see what it was. all you could see was the rental with inner barrel slid out onto the floor and the outer in my mates hand
    Yeah I don't trust rentals. All southern California fields give out aftermath Ak-47's. I used one of them and I swear the mag fell out and turns out that the one I got had a broken mag catch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2010
    370 Posts
    yeah with rentals ive had my mag go flying my stock drop off. right now im saving for a KWA M4 since my poor poor M4 died and it will actually cost more to replace the internals and lower reciever than it would to get a new one :( bad times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    650 Posts
    yeah with rentals ive had my mag go flying my stock drop off. right now im saving for a KWA M4 since my poor poor M4 died and it will actually cost more to replace the internals and lower reciever than it would to get a new one :( bad times
    You wont regret buying the KWA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    I hate stupid kids who try to talk like they know everything about airsoft. The one that annoyed me the most was when I was using the TM MP5K with my friends 12" silencer on it for the fun of it. This stupid kid keeps saying before the game "you should put a tightbore in there, blah blah blah". I kept telling him it's for fun, it's not my silencer, and it's not my gun (my dads gun). My friends could see how irritated I was getting despite wearing multiwrap and goggles, you could tell by my voice. The stupid kid neglected to think about upgrading the gearbox to compensate for a longer barrel too. I just wanted to drop kick this kid, probably could have too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    This kid talks about airsoft at school always all the time and nothing but airsoft. I rarely talk about it but I cant help but butt in when I hear some people talking about it. I usually don't try to brag or anything unless their being super dicks. So I was eventually invited to a little neighborhood game and I decided to go. I dressed up in full gear but used a Crosman shotgun or my Well MP5K so It wasn't too easy for me. The kid who I was talking about earlier was there. He was saying shit like "He has all this stuff but I bet he can't play worth shit" and other cocky shit like that as soon as I arrived. The first game starts and It's a pretty regular attack and defend game. One team had to defend their side of the creek and the other had to cross it. The one kid from before got all the way up in a tree and stayed there, we could see him from our starting position. As soon as the game started he was firing at us with his springer pistol (as if it could shoot that far) and I said to my guys "Listen men, let me take down that boon in the tree. Don't shoot him unless he shoots at you." they nod and everything and we move out. I rush up to a large tree about 30 feet from the other side of the creek and shoot about 6 shots from my MP5 into him. into the kid in the tree. He screams in pain and starts crying. The game finishes and he gives me bad looks whenever I see him now.

What is the idiotic thing about this? Everything the kid in the tree did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 91Winner x 14Agree x 7Disagree x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    13,332 Posts
    This kid talks about airsoft at school always all the time and nothing but airsoft. I rarely talk about it but I cant help but butt in when I hear some people talking about it. I usually don't try to brag or anything unless their being super dicks. So I was eventually invited to a little neighborhood game and I decided to go. I dressed up in full gear but used a Crosman shotgun or my Well MP5K so It wasn't too easy for me. The kid who I was talking about earlier was there. He was saying shit like "He has all this stuff but I bet he can't play worth shit" and other cocky shit like that as soon as I arrived. The first game starts and It's a pretty regular attack and defend game. One team had to defend their side of the creek and the other had to cross it. The one kid from before got all the way up in a tree and stayed there, we could see him from our starting position. As soon as the game started he was firing at us with his springer pistol (as if it could shoot that far) and I said to my guys "Listen men, let me take down that boon in the tree. Don't shoot him unless he shoots at you." they nod and everything and we move out. I rush up to a large tree about 30 feet from the other side of the creek and shoot about 6 shots from my MP5 into him. into the kid in the tree. He screams in pain and starts crying. The game finishes and he gives me bad looks whenever I see him now.

What is the idiotic thing about this? Everything the kid in the tree did.
    This reminds me of the kids in my school who think they're all badass playing airsoft with Wal-Mart springers and no eye protection. It would be really fun to go crash one of their games with my friends and all of our upgraded guns, but we might shoot their eyes out by accident and make the situation for airsoft in Canada even worse so we won't do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 38Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    NEO 卐 NAZI HERO <3
    September 2009
    3,942 Posts
    I think the stupidest thing that happened but possibly one of the most hilarious was about a week ago when I had a small friends airsoft and there was like 5 of us and we were playing Manhunt (One guys goes and hides without any weapons while everyone else looks for him with anything they want) and one of my friends was voted to go out and we were looking for him for AGES. I instantly went to a bit with loads of ferns and we literally covered the whole place we were playing in (Its a forest) and then he started to make noises and call us such Vulgar things like "Dog Fuckers" an stuff. But at one point all of us were together and the guy made a noise and it was very close by and I turned around and looked at where it had came from. What I saw was one tree that stuck out from the others, it had LOADS of branches and was almost ladder like, and me being Scottish and all I said "IF HE IS UP A FUCKING TREE!", We all looked up and started shooting into the leaves. Eventually my friend shot him with his Super-cool-ultra-effective Super 9 (loltastic) and managed to get a hit. Then we realised it was incredibly windy and we could of made him lose his balance. But he called out his hit and came down with a bleeding face and it was all hilarious. Unrelated and all but the next round we played was a free for all and I took one guy prisoner who was playing as a medic that day and stuffed his mouth with his own bandages, put his medic bag over his head and tied his hands up with thick ferns and made him lay face down. Eventually he got Stockholm Syndrome and we stayed there talking for like 45 minutes and waited for the rest of them to come and get me because by that point they had all teamed up on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 48Dumb Dumb x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,313 Posts
    Kids came to my local field and tried to steal some rental guns. The owner found out because one of the kids playing had lost his gun and checked one of the dude's duffle bags. I've never seen the owner so pissed off it was kind of funny. A week later I found out that the kid was arrested for theft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 58Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    Here's one, my friends were using Ni-Cd batteries and didn't know they needed discharging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,955 Posts
    To be fair I didn't find out for years the difference between batteries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    To also be fair, I accidentally over charged my Intellect battery.

By about 12 hours. Weird thing is, it last longer now, and it seems stronger. So...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Not seen it myself, but at the new site I go to the Marshall talked about how one day a few kids came into the site, they lived around the area (private roads, private roads everywhere) and got some rentals. During the match one kid got hit and didn't shout hit, so the guy said to him what he has to do and the kid nodded. The kid then continues to not say hit but on purpose, saying he didn't feel the bb, trying too be a smart ass the marshall made him sit out for 5 minutes, when he came back in he did the same thing and then was told to go sit out again.
    Eventually he came back after 10mins and then did it straight away after, the marshall told him due to the rules he had to go off of the fire zone to the safe zone and sit out the game, the kid then proceeded to swing his rental gun into a tree smashing the fuck out of it and ran away.

The dick thing was the rental wasn't a cheap ak, it was a guys 200 G&G M4 and this dick kid smashed it to fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 74Funny x 3Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,866 Posts
    That makes me mad just reading it, I'd chase that fucker down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 102 (list)

20. Post #20
    not retarded or something
    July 2008
    6,145 Posts
    I would find that dick hole and beat the snot out of him. Or find him and make his parents pay for my gun. I like the former better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 40Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,866 Posts
    Do both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 40Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    1,235 Posts
    What a little shit! Should get his parents to cough up for the repair I dout he'd be such a cheeky little smartass then!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #23
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    How old was the kid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    Not seen it myself, but at the new site I go to the Marshall talked about how one day a few kids came into the site, they lived around the area (private roads, private roads everywhere) and got some rentals. During the match one kid got hit and didn't shout hit, so the guy said to him what he has to do and the kid nodded. The kid then continues to not say hit but on purpose, saying he didn't feel the bb, trying too be a smart ass the marshall made him sit out for 5 minutes, when he came back in he did the same thing and then was told to go sit out again.
    Eventually he came back after 10mins and then did it straight away after, the marshall told him due to the rules he had to go off of the fire zone to the safe zone and sit out the game, the kid then proceeded to swing his rental gun into a tree smashing the fuck out of it and ran away.

The dick thing was the rental wasn't a cheap ak, it was a guys 200 G&G M4 and this dick kid smashed it to fuck.
    This right here is why most places make you sign a waiver, giving them your name.

Chances are this kid had to pay for it at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 37Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    OH GOD do I have some stories
    There's this kid at my school named Charlie. He discovered airsoft in like April or May. His first gun was that $100 Cybergun DPMS A-17, plastic gearbox, must have been like 5 metal parts on it. The box claimed 400+ FPS. So he comes to school, and tells me and my airsofting friends about it. "HEY GUYS I BOUGHT AN AIRSOFT GUN ITS 400FPS" Me: "How much was it?" "$100"
    Me: "No it's not. What kind of gun is it and is it clear? Where did you get it?" He goes "It's an M4 with an M16 stock. It's stuipid though because it says it's an A-17. I got it at Big 5 yesterday, and yeah it's clear."
    "Any metal parts?" He thinks for a minute. "Uhh, The trigger I think. Oh and the firing mode switcher." "You do realize it's not really 400 right? that's just what the box says to get people like you to buy it." Him: "Even the guy there said it was 400." :facepalm:

The next damn day, he starts talking about airsoft guns.
    "I'm gonna buy a pistol next." Friend 1: "Hopefully you actually buy a decent gun this time" Charlie: "I don't want to spend more than $50 on a sidearm. And what do you mean this time? That M4 is a BEAST."
    Me: "you do realize you're only going to get a crappy all-plastic springer or two for that much, or maybe a half decent NBB?" Him: "What the hell is an NBB?"

Oh and he claimed found a 1,000 FPS sniper rifle on Amazon for $120. I tried to explain that if it would even fire, that much stress on the internals would break it in a couple shots. 'NO ITS 1000FPS"
    And he uses .12's even in his new JG Beta-F.

So basically just the regular "FPS is everything" kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,955 Posts
    Gotta say, after putting a new spring in my rifle anything above 350fps is unneeded and dangerous, not to mention harmful if your gearbox isn't ready for it.

All the kids are my school play with Wal-Mart guns, I don't even converse with them because I know what'll be like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    Oh and a week later, we took him out to a field. We got to the chrono, the limit I think was like 350.
    We all passed, then Charlie went up and fired into it. "Sorry, you can't play with that thing."
    Turns out he had actually ordered an M140 spring or somesuch. Just the spring, no new guide, nothing. I'm surprised it didn't explode right on the spot. God only knows how he managed to install the thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2009
    1,235 Posts
    Airsoft idots can be pretty determined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    625 Posts
    Man what the fuck the stories about kids. Here we have an age limit: If you're under 18 you can't play or be in the field while someone's playing. Bottom line. Players that play with minors get expelled from the community, word gets around, and then pretty much no one wants to play with them.

Airsoft idiots? Mmm, well, me and my team once. We're pretty new and were playing against 2 VERY experienced teams, with much better guns (ours are mostly cheap or used) AND we started on open ground while they got to start inside fortifications. We decided our best chance was to scatter, hide, play it guerrilla style and hope that one of us could survive the 20 minutes the match lasted (since they were hunting us, that would mean our victory) Match started, we were starting to scatter around when I realize one of our flanks is wide open. I go to cover it when a dude jumps out from behind a bush, visibly tired from covering all that ground (big area) running in about 30 seconds and hits me with a toy bayonet. Since dead can't talk I couldn't warn my team, and watched how he hillariously took them out one by one without firing a single shot (they were all facing the other way since they assumed I was covering the backside).

Yeah not our moment of glory right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events Funny x 82Winner x 7Late x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    Not all kids are such dumbasses as the stories make them out to be. There are plenty of airsofters around the age of 13-16 who are mature, know what they're doing, safe, etc. Most fields around here are 18 to come alone, if you're under you have to have someone over 18 with you. The absolute minimum for every place I've been to is 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    July 2008
    6,145 Posts
    16 and up can go alone here. It's awesome because the 16 year olds are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    I turn 18 in less than 48 hours. I can finally play at a field or OP, without any parental signatures needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 26Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,955 Posts
    Lucky you, I have to wait until January. I also can't really go to any -actual- games until then. I can possibly start going to Warwick soon, but even then it's a push, but it shouldn't be so hard, 40 minute drive.

34. Post #34
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Usually if you're 17, you just have a parent sign the field wavier and you're set. I didn't have to have a parent with me every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2008
    6,145 Posts
    Usually if you're 17, you just have a parent sign the field wavier and you're set. I didn't have to have a parent with me every time.
    Woops yeah we need a waiver usually. I'm almost 17, I hate being in the in between of 16 and 18. I wish I was 18 so I could wear just goggles and maybe a recon wrap and not need waivers.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,023 Posts
    I was going to have a skirmish in the woods yesterday with just a few people. Everyone was excited about it and said they were coming.

Nobody showed up except for one of my friends. The friend who did show up and myself just played Gmod instead, while being pissed at the other guys. Keep in mind that the last game I played was in January, so I'd say ditching counts as being an airsoft idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    I'm only just turning 16 in a few weeks.

Not once have I EVER encountered an idiot on the fields. Most new players played it smart and got good advice on buying gear or borrowed from their friends.

I met one guy who told me was his first time playing and he looked quite experienced. The following week he came out with a CA G36K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Haven't really experienced idiots yet either. The group that I play with is run by a guy who used to be in the Canadian Forces and CSIS so some of the younger guys are a bit frightened by him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Can we post idiotic scenarios?

Like for example, a guy who wears shorts to an airsoft OP, only to have a claymore go off when he's running into a room?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 45 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,866 Posts
    Yup, I just wanted a thread of stupid things done by Airsofters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)