1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,178 Posts
    I remember at the start of Gmod 10 when there was loads (and I mean LOADS) of "admin noob banner gun" that used to permaban you when you shot someone..

A very young and annoying server admin wanted to ban me, so he spawned a first gun (this idiot kept spawning it with right click on the ground then ran to it), I hid behind his friend and he permabanned his friend, removing all his friend's props in the process (it was one of these prop protection that removes everything)

Then I suicided and respawned, whipping out my 357 and shooting him, then I hid under a dumpster (I actually did, and he didn't see me), I saw him spawning the admin gun, and spawned a barrel and used the physgun to propel the gun toward me, I grabbed it, then proceeded to ban the kid, and pretended to be an admin for about an hour, banning every friends of the kid.

So once the server was clear, I got banned for:

"fu hacker noob"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 30Funny Funny x 7 (list)

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,025 Posts
    I walked into an unfinished building, and a twelve year old admin went apeshit at me. It sounded like an enraged chipmunk.

The reason was supposedly because i called him an idiot who needed his balls to drop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #963
    Actually, it is not about their age, but it more depends on the person.. Like someone else who posted here (I forget their name), I've seen competent 12 year olds and childish adults.
    Was that 12 year old me?
    Even though I'm 13 now that's beside the point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #964

April 2012
    51 Posts
    refusing to give my e2 code to the admin (i'm sure many people faced this issue)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #965
    I got banned for questioning a admin
    I wonder why admins are so stupid nowadays

I remember at the start of Gmod 10 when there was loads (and I mean LOADS) of "admin noob banner gun" that used to permaban you when you shot someone..

A very young and annoying server admin wanted to ban me, so he spawned a first gun (this idiot kept spawning it with right click on the ground then ran to it), I hid behind his friend and he permabanned his friend, removing all his friend's props in the process (it was one of these prop protection that removes everything)

Then I suicided and respawned, whipping out my 357 and shooting him, then I hid under a dumpster (I actually did, and he didn't see me), I saw him spawning the admin gun, and spawned a barrel and used the physgun to propel the gun toward me, I grabbed it, then proceeded to ban the kid, and pretended to be an admin for about an hour, banning every friends of the kid.

So once the server was clear, I got banned for:

"fu hacker noob"
    Cream gravy! I guess dealing with a stupid admin like that was totally worth it, for the laugh and teaching little kids to wait till they're 15 or older.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #966
    April 2012
    98 Posts
    Banned for one hour for saying hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

7. Post #967

October 2011
    59 Posts
    Oh oh wait. I got another one, my last one just got 2nd place. Today I was banned for a month because I threw a barrel through a window (On an RP server this is called prop raid and is not allowed) I did it cos the shop owner was a little kid. And thus this little kid was staring at me through the broken window with a barrel laying with glass around it. The admin comes over to me Noclipped. Picks me up, and drops me from a height. I fall, lose 90/100 health. BANNED: NOT DYING! OMG!!?!?!?!?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #968
    『  』
    June 2010
    679 Posts
    (less of a ban, more of a ULX jail)

I was on a spacebuild server with stargates and had a shielded base on a planet, when this guy comes in in his ship and stars firing on me. It's a war server, so I shoot him back. He dies. He dials my stargate, sends through a naquadah bomb and shuts down. I destroy the bomb by shooting it (dunno how this works, it just does). He then sends his megaultrakiller ship and it kills my shield in one shot, so I shoot it down again. He gets mad and jails me. I ask why. He says: "fr shotin dwn a shp illegly.". (actual quote)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #969
    three wieners
    August 2009
    908 Posts
    Why do people assume that if the server admin is a fucking idiot, they're automatically 12 or younger?

I've known people who are fucking 10 and can host a server really well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #970
    June 2010
    410 Posts
    I've gotten banned from HL2 serious roleplay for leading a revolution. TBH we were losing and HL2 roleplay is boring as it is. Other times I've been banned for would be legitimate reasons such as using collision exploits in the gamemode to get into impossible to reach spots. Some of the best times I've ever had would be the time my friends and I got to the top of a really high building this way and just watched the people get moved around like cattle by the civil protection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #971
    August 2008
    2,674 Posts
    Why do people assume that if the server admin is a fucking idiot, they're automatically 12 or younger?

I've known people who are fucking 10 and can host a server really well
    Maybe they didn't assume and heard them use their mic? I mean, that's not a good indicator of age sometimes (like Justin Bieber a few years back) but it can be pretty damn accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #972
    everything i say is worthless and gay
    March 2012
    650 Posts
    I've got a good one.

I was recently playing on a War RP server. The basics is that you build forts and defend them with various NPCs given to you. I was on fairly early in the morning, building up my fort. I was the only one online a the time. The server owner logged in and we exchanged formal "hellos". We both decided to build up forts next to an underground tunnel and link our forts together, thus creating a force to be reckoned with. NPCs were controlled via spawned nodes, where the NPCs would follow along the path.

Once we finished, people started joining. a good 10 or so group, all with the same clan name, =JACKS=. They were rather rude people, joining the server not with a hello, but with a "sup bitchs we gon cik al ur asss". Despite this, we just said Hello, and welcomed them to the server. They continued their verbal abuse, but me and the owner kept shrugging it off. They built their forts, attacked, defended. Forts were burnt down, others were fortified the strength of freaking Guantanamo Bay. We defended fairly well until the owner had to go afk for a bit. I kept the fort safe in the time being, but I was killed. By the Server owner.

Apparently, his 12-year-old cousin had taken over for him and didn't recognize that we were partners. I explained to him that we are working together. However, being the stereotypical 12 year old he is, he merely replied with "Shut up noob ur I ban yor ass." I co-operated, not wanting to be banned. I fortified the tunnel entrance with a simple bunker and MG. He repeatedly attempted to break through, all of said attempts ending in failure. He finally started abusing the powers of an owner. No-clip is supposed to be prohibited to your fort only, but he went through the wall and attempted an assassination on me. Instead, I saw him trying to get through the wall, and turned around and killed him.

With all the panic came the owners diverted attention. The other players torched his base and stole his supplies (ammo and weapons). The owner got back and, not telling me he was replacing his cousin, attempted to get to my side. I instantly shot him down. What a mistake. He saw his crumbling fort, his missing supplies, and the fact that I barricaded the tunnel entrance, made it look like I raided his base. You can pretty much guess where this is heading.

Banned.
    Server IP please?

Edited:

I remember I was playing a DarkRP server a few months ago. I was a character with a knife. Some fag figured out that no admins were on and prop blocked the spawn with a huge square and then started killing people so they would be trapped when they respawned. I was killed. I spawned and then I started to stab people just for the hell of it. Then the guy deleted his prop and started to launch couches into the spawn to prop kill people. I decided to take part in the prop war 'cause the server was gay anyway.

Banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #973
    October 2011
    191 Posts
    Was that 12 year old me?
    Even though I'm 13 now that's beside the point
    I think it was you. Oh wait yes it was. btw I'm 13 too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #974
    January 2012
    14 Posts
    doing noting but looking and walking around. it's true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #975
    October 2010
    355 Posts
    I know this isn't a GMod server but I have to say this. It's a TF2 server. (Sorry about posting in the wrong forum, I can move it if you want.)

I just got banned(I am in game right now) and I decided to go on a payload server from the start playing option and I saw these kids (around 6 or 7) and they where trying to record some video for their "Famous" youtube account, they told me that they were recording a machinima(Or some shit like that), but because I was 14 I could't speak at all when they were recording.

Some of us just continued to play the game (I didn't know that the kids where the brother of an admin or something), when I got the payload to the checkpoint, the kids started screaming at me because the Administrator started speaking. I got a "Warning" from one of the kids, just for shits and giggles, I got the payload to the final checkpoint and ended the round. Team scrambler put them on the same side so they screamed at me and got their brother (or whatever) to ban me. Fuck sake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #976
    February 2010
    144 Posts
    I joined a darkrp server running downtown_v2, and went to test a totally harmless e2 out.

May I mention, before hand, that when I joined, I had to struggle to get to a safe house because there was prop and effect spam everywhere, people screaming on mics, and cardm up the ass at every corner, along with a ton of gangsters shooting everyone.

There was one lone admin floating around spectating people. The server was lagging like crazy beforehand (checked multiple people's pings to make sure it wasn't just me, all their pings were over 300).

So I finally got to this safe house, and tried testing out a harmless E2 I made for fun. First let me mention: There was constant lua spam about wiremod as soon as I pulled out the tool.
    Second: Expression 2 tool was not restricted.
    Third: I spawned the E2 chip, and I got an error message and the chip stayed red. I then realized that the server's wiremod was at least 100 years old, and was no longer functional.

I then got permanently banned for "HACKING THE SERVER WITH WIREMOD". I found the admin who banned me on steam, and explained the situation to him. He told me he would "Look into it in 3 days".
    4 Days later, I found the owner of the server, explained it to him, and he expelled the admin from the server and unbanned me.

Edited:

refusing to give my e2 code to the admin (i'm sure many people faced this issue)
    That happened to me before. Some admin was jealous of my E2, and kept asking for it. I simply didn't respond or say anything to him the entire time, then he permanently banned me and said I could be unbanned when I gave him the e2 code. The thing is, he blocked me on steam as well (I wanted to rant to him).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #977
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    6,180 Posts
    On the neurotec server, people keep saying they will tell the owner to ban me because I kill them via. carpet bombings etc.

The owner said I'm fine and to go on ahead and do it more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #978

July 2008
    135 Posts
    i got banned because apparently the way i roleplay is unacceptable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #979
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,673 Posts
    In Trouble in Terrorist Town, I got banned for RDMing. When I was a Traitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #980

April 2011
    16 Posts
    (checked multiple people's pings to make sure it wasn't just me, all their pings were over 300).
    Apparently having a crappy internet connection effectively DDoS's servers, now?

On topic;
    On the iCannt build server a few years ago, the admins online were killing everyone in sight, and even spawncamping (gm_flatgrass). No one could build at all, our best hope was to propsurf into the sky to get away, and usually they quickly shot us down. I managed to shoot a few of them down from the sky. I was then permabanned for RDM. When I posted my appeal, the admin who banned me in response told the superadmin that I was propkilling/spamming and RDMing everyone on sight. They had absolutely no evidence to back this up, either.

I did, however, manage to get unbanned :)

Also, not a ban, but still admin abuse. It was on pub gamer, HL2 Roleplay, and I resisted arrest. When running away, one of them managed to shoot me on the leg, which causes you to slow down significantly on this server. So he caught up with me and arrested me.

The moderators then spent the next hours or so harassing me, trying to propblock me in the jail. I managed to escape a couple of times, they killed me several times, I waited out my sentence several times. They would just arrest me through the console repeatedly.

The reason? I did not type /me gets shot in the foot and cannot walk, when I was shot. Keep in mind that this would have required me to completely stop for several seconds while I was in pursuit, to type a chat command that he would not have even heard due to his distance.

Also keep in mind that the owner of this server was known to noclip back to his death location, spawn a gun and kill everyone in sight, whenever he himself was killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #981
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,877 Posts
    Apparently having a crappy internet connection effectively DDoS's servers, now?

On topic;
    On the iCannt build server a few years ago, the admins online were killing everyone in sight, and even spawncamping (gm_flatgrass). No one could build at all, our best hope was to propsurf into the sky to get away, and usually they quickly shot us down. I managed to shoot a few of them down from the sky. I was then permabanned for RDM. When I posted my appeal, the admin who banned me in response told the superadmin that I was propkilling/spamming and RDMing everyone on sight. They had absolutely no evidence to back this up, either.

I did, however, manage to get unbanned :)

Also, not a ban, but still admin abuse. It was on pub gamer, HL2 Roleplay, and I resisted arrest. When running away, one of them managed to shoot me on the leg, which causes you to slow down significantly on this server. So he caught up with me and arrested me.

The moderators then spent the next hours or so harassing me, trying to propblock me in the jail. I managed to escape a couple of times, they killed me several times, I waited out my sentence several times. They would just arrest me through the console repeatedly.

The reason? I did not type /me gets shot in the foot and cannot walk, when I was shot. Keep in mind that this would have required me to completely stop for several seconds while I was in pursuit, to type a chat command that he would not have even heard due to his distance.

Also keep in mind that the owner of this server was known to noclip back to his death location, spawn a gun and kill everyone in sight, whenever he himself was killed.
    Sounds like an unserious HL2RP if they have a script function for arresting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #982
    April 2012
    9 Posts
    I got banned from a Dark rp server for prop killing like crazy( I am a pro prop killer). So I found a nice sandbox server, and guess what before I could even prop kill the same admin who banned me on the other server logged on to that server, and guess what he was owner. (Banned for GTFO NI****)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #983
    April 2011
    14 Posts
    speaking with an english accent (i am english) Hilarious ban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    March 2011
    843 Posts
    I got banned from a Dark rp server for prop killing like crazy( I am a pro prop killer). So I found a nice sandbox server, and guess what before I could even prop kill the same admin who banned me on the other server logged on to that server, and guess what he was owner. (Banned for GTFO NI****)
    ...You are a twat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #985
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,273 Posts

Why are you contributing to one of the things that is killing Garry's Mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #986
    April 2012
    9 Posts
    Why are you contributing to one of the things that is killing Garry's Mod?
    Naaa, I just do it when I am bored, and only do it on the crappy servers. Also I do it on servers that have bad admins and abusive ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

27. Post #987
    January 2012
    68 Posts
    I was gonna put something on this thing I JUST started building, I decided to move it, I tried moving it. Suddenly I let it go, a SuperAdmin crashed into it with this car he made, I was gonna pick it back up. And I ended up getting banned and it was the stupidest thing it ever said... "Banned 60 minutes for minging" DOES IT LOOK LIKE I WAS MINGING? And the second line said "This is just a warning. If you do it again you'll be banned permanently" I WASN'T EVEN WARNED, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! What a stupid fail admin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #988
    January 2011
    61 Posts
    Killing a Detective while a Traitor in TTT...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #989
    Splith.com
    August 2011
    20 Posts
    For avoiding a permanent ban (On the same account)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #990
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─▀ ▀ ▀ ▌ ─ ─ ─ ▄ ▄ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ░░ ♥ ░░ ░ ░ ▐ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▌ ▐ █ █ ▌ █ ░ ♥ ░ FULL OF DICKS ░░░ ░ ♥
    December 2010
    1,082 Posts
    Bold stuff is stuff I added in.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but if you're going to rip on somebody for poor grammar, at least do it correctly.
    You are indeed correct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    So I got banned from an RP server by placing a hit because the admins robbed all our supplies and then shot us a few times, reason was "random hit."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #992
    Call me Maybe?
    September 2011
    186 Posts
    > Join Server
    > Say "hey guys" over mic
    > You have been banned for 'SHUT UP!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #993
    September 2011
    119 Posts
    I was permanently banned from all Convict Gaming servers (on every game they operate on) for being apart of a group on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #994

January 2012
    411 Posts
    I used removal tool to deleted someone's whole massive construction, after that everyone start doing removing war =)), and I got banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Vietnam Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #995
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,789 Posts
    I used removal tool to deleted someone's whole massive construction, after that everyone start doing removing war =)), and I got banned.
    I'm sorry. "Most stupid reason"

This is a valid reason, and in no way stupid.
    Oh, and welcome to the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

36. Post #996
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,095 Posts
    I can't banned from a server I've never even joined ... I'm sad now :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #997
    October 2011
    991 Posts
    I got ban because i mic spamed people in The server with this song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #998
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,726 Posts
    This thread is now about the most valid reasons for getting banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #999
    January 2011
    165 Posts
    This thread is now about the most valid reasons for getting banned.
    Why would you use such eye raping colors for your darkrp gamemode??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

40. Post #1000
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,944 Posts
    Why would you use such eye raping colors for your darkrp gamemode??
    You can change those you know...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)