1. Post #1241
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,191 Posts
    Threadshit of the year 2012

Also pantho your admins are idiots. They claim animated textures lag the SERVER.

Why not make a drama thread in the discussion forums, I'm sure people will be much happier. There you can shit on each other all you want and let this thread go on in peace.
    Being you're an ex admin, then you are an idiot. So I agree :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #1242
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,648 Posts
    I think this one will beat all the 31 pages before it.

I got perma banned from a TTT server by Ninjah-Gaming, for posting a rule revision on the official forums in an effort to improve the game play even further and for the rules to be really clear.

Response I got from the admin: "You got banned for doing the owner's job".

Best gaming community I've seen so far
    I was banned for no f*cking reason for 3 days once in there. Though it maybe was Kingstar as usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #1243
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,615 Posts
    What I meant by the dictator thing was a reply to someones comment of "Admins think there dictators." I was simply proving that all servers are ran by dictatorships. Which they are. I didn't mean to declare myself as some giant evil dictator. I was simply pointing out the facts. Although obviously the fact applies to me as well. But we are by definition a benevolent dictatorship since we have internal voting among the high ranking admins before making larger decisions... sometimes.

However, if it comes to leaflets I hope they get my left side as a photo, I look so weird from the front and the right side is all opposite, well compared to the left ;).
    What I meant is that you defend the term "dictator" a bit too much. You're forcing the term as in you're putting all your effort in proving that all server owners including yourself are within its definition.

In reality, "dicator" is not the right word for a server owner. The term is so strongly connected to "country" that it makes little sense to apply it to anything else. You're bending over backwards to defend the term, even though many people experience the word as a negative one. But sure if you want call yourself a dictator, benevolent or Stalin-like, I don't mind, but please understand that many server owners don't identify with the term regardless of how semantically correct it is.

EDIT:
    This is outside the whole Nigerian Prince thing by the way. I don't give a fuck about that guy, I just thought the irony in his name and the term dictatorship was hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #1244
    May 2012
    33 Posts
    For pressing the admin button "Do not press"
    What, I wanted to know what it did!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

5. Post #1245
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    Can't we just make a new thread an ban those two from using it, leaving them HERE to argue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #1246
    AJA
    September 2011
    3,262 Posts
    AFAIK, Pantho posts some content in regards to Nigerian Prince which only goes page after page against ByB. Now, Content:
    Banned for prop pushing, By one of my own admins on my own server. I didn't even do anything either so he kind of got a slap on the wrist for that. He didn't give a shit, Perm'd a few people for no reason but I was watching the web console. Dumbass got perm'd by me. He yells at me through steam that it wasn't a fair ban and shit. It was fun though. He started out really nice, So that's why I chose him as admin in the first place. well, Trail admin. he never made it up because of that.

7. Post #1247
    Dear Pantho and Prince of Nigeria,

shut the fuck up

Sincerely, 343N

No really, both of you shut up please stop clogging this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #1248
    July 2008
    2,191 Posts
    Dear Pantho and Prince of Nigeria,

shut the fuck up

Sincerely, 343N

No really, both of you shut up please stop clogging this thread
    Dear silly person commenting 1-2 days late,

it's already over, shut up please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Because 1 day is 14 hours, when you're both offline at usual times, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1250
    July 2008
    2,191 Posts
    Because 1 day is 14 hours, when you're both offline at usual times, right?
    The other guy was banned, amusingly your keeping the argument alive ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1251
    OH JUST SHADDAP ALREADY.

On topic, though it wasn't me who was banned.
    An admin on one of the servers I help run banned a player's little brother permanently because of a name bug that caused him to have no name. He banned him for "Hacking"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #1252
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    "you're not allowed to have russian names"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Two years ago I was banned from ByB for spawning slides. The videos called 'Dark RP: The Buyable' give me several reasons to not think about posting an unban request
    jesus christ I am watching 'The Buyable', that server sounds like an awful piece of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1254
    April 2011
    432 Posts
    ...On a sandbox server..for building.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1255
    I'm a huge egoistic idiot and I like ugly girls. My favourite thread is "would you fuck the above user's avatar?" because I can't make normal posts because I'm mentally handicapped. Also I am in love with the slut called lyro95 pls add her on steam.
    December 2011
    91 Posts
    Here's another. Throwing a Headcrab ragdoll at somebody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1256
    August 2011
    49 Posts
    Here's another. Throwing a Headcrab ragdoll at somebody.
    Thats when an e2 can annoy someone. even if they ban you, till they remove it it will still go on XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #1257

January 2012
    20 Posts
    "you're not allowed to have russian names"
    Understandable if they want you to change it so your name is typeable for admin reasons, banning is a bit too far though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1258
    January 2012
    37 Posts
    Was just standing around in some FalloutRP when suddenly "You have been warned!".
    I was just.... standing around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

19. Post #1259
    January 2012
    749 Posts
    I remember a long while back I was screwing around in a listen server I hosted with my cool pal (which was also his nickname, funnily enough). The map was downtown_v2 and I put up a big PlayX projector screen on the wall of a building and started showing him videos. He threw in links in the chat and we showed one each in turn and had plenty of fun, until I dropped the mother of all bombs on him.

George Carlin.

I started showing Cool the "Religion is BUUUUUUUULL-SHIT" bit and he just went apenuts. He kept typing "PUT IT OFF" and "NO" and other things to the same extent, and I just told him to quit being such a baby since I put up with his videos and everything. He started shooting me with his SMG and I shot back, and all of a sudden we were at war with each-other.

Then he opened the ASSmod menu and banned me from my listen server.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

20. Post #1260
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    518 Posts
    This isn't just one server, but all servers owned by a community + their forum.

It was The D3vine Public Build. A donator plus a few other people found out about an exploit in the Advanced Duplicator 2 that allows you to copy other people's stuff regardless of any "prop protection" they have. I saved a good manner of builds that were awesome, but eventually the fun was ruined and I was warned by one of the super admins to not do it.

Now, after that day, I donated 3 ($5) to the servers and got a White Member status. I was only able to experience it for a night, and then the day after, there was another White Member and some other guy. Just all the three of us. The White Member had a speedboat, so I duped it thinking that the staff didn't log things. But of course, he took evidence and got me banned.

However, because I couldn't see how long I was banned for, I asked for the banlist on the forum. The first poster provided it to me, while others made comments on my ban. Then a different super admin talked to the admin who warned me, and upgraded my ban to permanent.

So then I made a thread where I say I'm leaving the server and leave a goodbye message. Everyone bashes me for "not caring that I stole" or getting banned. Well, to be fair, I do care about getting banned. It was my favourite sandbox server, and not only that I donated real-life cash and now that's wasted. At least, though, I had a plentitude of dupes from other people and didn't lose them. THEN, someone pointed out that I should be globally banned from the D3vine, it's servers and it's forum. People kept throwing flames at me and they all said they gave their full support for a ban. Eventually, at the end of the day, a forum moderator came along and banned me from everywhere.

This is an event I will never forget. It has had such a negative impact on my Gmod life. The worst thing about it is that they don't refund if you get banned from the servers, so there's my 3 thrown out. It's also been the second time where I've been banned for a short time, and then it's upgraded to a permanent.
    Just from this alone, I'm unbanning you on RP. I can see this actually affected you, and I'd rather see you on there, instead of pushing you away from the community completely, because of disciplinary action that occurred on one server.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Edit: I should've just PMed, shit. Rate me dumb, if you feel it's necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14 (list)

21. Post #1261
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,615 Posts
    I remember a long while back I was screwing around in a listen server I hosted with my cool pal (which was also his nickname, funnily enough). The map was downtown_v2 and I put up a big PlayX projector screen on the wall of a building and started showing him videos. He threw in links in the chat and we showed one each in turn and had plenty of fun, until I dropped the mother of all bombs on him.

George Carlin.

I started showing Cool the "Religion is BUUUUUUUULL-SHIT" bit and he just went apenuts. He kept typing "PUT IT OFF" and "NO" and other things to the same extent, and I just told him to quit being such a baby since I put up with his videos and everything. He started shooting me with his SMG and I shot back, and all of a sudden we were at war with each-other.

Then he opened the ASSmod menu and banned me from my listen server.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.
    Back in gmod 9 I used to have a listen server. It was loads of fun.

One day some random guy joined my server and banned me from my own server.
    Since I was too ignorant to know how to unban myself manually, I had to reinstall gmod.

It's a similar case to yours, but the guy that banned me was just a random guy who joined and knew an exploit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #1262
    March 2012
    3 Posts
    banned for haveing the name [VlP] Major lemonade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #1263
    March 2012
    2 Posts
    I was banned on an RP server for jumping onto an Admin's head...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #1264
    Get out of here, G.A.R.R.Y.
    March 2010
    1,324 Posts
    Got permad from some build server when I built a e2 helicopter that flew around and dropped crates.
    reason: "Spamming server with crates". I only dropped 2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #1265

June 2012
    11 Posts
    I had drugs in a secret room, admin found it right as soon as i got back, we smoked pot together Then he banned me for doing drugs. And i was a drug dealer...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

26. Post #1266

December 2011
    2 Posts
    I disagree. Admins are those who ensure that you, the player can enjoy a nice, easy-going, minge-less experience and resolve your problems. In fact, I urge all servers to add such a rule, they help build and support the server and they deserve some respect for it.

This would be like disrespecting the person who offers you a free house.
    Only problem is, They dont do that... They do none of the stuff... They act like children and ban and kick for stupid reasons in the middle of temper tantrums...

27. Post #1267
    June 2012
    243 Posts
    Uhm, this thread got fucking hijacked to shit......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1268

January 2012
    29 Posts
    I got banned for Spawning a Bouncy Ball and Eating It after i got almost RDMed by some Guy.

(I was a Admin on a DarkRP Server. I got banned by the Super-Admin.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #1269
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,330 Posts
    I got slay'd for using a barrel in TTT to prevent someone from killing me, then I backed them into a corner, and slapped them away from me, and shot them in the face with a scout.
    The reason for the slay was 'prop abuse'....

30. Post #1270
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,315 Posts
    One time I got banned for being in a different country than the admin

And the most common retarded reason
    Ping over 150

WELL EXCUSE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF AUSTRALIA FOR HAVING BAD INTERNET.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #1271
    ify

June 2012
    43 Posts
    Threadshit of the year 2012

Also pantho your admins are idiots. They claim animated textures lag the SERVER.

Why not make a drama thread in the discussion forums, I'm sure people will be much happier. There you can shit on each other all you want and let this thread go on in peace.
    After being told this was off-topic (you know, posting about a stupid ban reason in the stupid ban reason thread and all) I made a thread in the garry's mode section dedicated to ByB but it was shut by an administrator on FacePunch which can only mean they want me to post my garry's mode stuff in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #1272

June 2012
    42 Posts
    i got banned just because i wouldt donate 1000 to the server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1273
    i got banned just because i wouldt donate 1000 to the server
    Another dictator who requires donation in order to level up something even worse!

No seriously, admins in RP servers for GMOD are complete dicks. A long time ago, I got "banned" for saying something about "keyboard keys switched places" when I later found out that the game changed my keyboard layout from the Swedish to the American.

He banned me because "Retard", man, that's just pathetic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #1274
    April 2011
    432 Posts
    Another dictator who requires donation in order to level up something even worse!

No seriously, admins in RP servers for GMOD are complete dicks. A long time ago, I got "banned" for saying something about "keyboard keys switched places" when I later found out that the game changed my keyboard layout from the Swedish to the American.

He banned me because "Retard", man, that's just pathetic!
    Yeah,that happens to me all the time, I was playing HL2RP and wanted to crouch, and started running, a CP ziptied me and asked if I resisted, I couldn't answer cuz my keyboard was slow and the layout was changed. All I could type was this:
    &!(pause)Noo(pause) (pause)re(pause)sis(pause)t(pause) and then send it.
    Admin banned me for wasting time and being a retarded liar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #1275
    AJA
    September 2011
    3,262 Posts
    Banned for admin disrespect, But not for a temporary time. Nope, Perma. Female admin driver (oh God stereotypes) ran me over on a DarkRP server. I was in a building with a garage open, How bad can you drive? Well, She drove into my garage with top speed, Killing me by running me over. Called the admin a douche for driving me over like that. She want bat-shit insane and perma banned me. Yay for admins using their power to do whatever the fuck they want. It was a mildly good RP server. Didn't see much rule breaking either, But I forgot the name of it.

36. Post #1276
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    which can only mean they want me to post my garry's mode stuff in here.
    Or possibly, it means they want you to stop posting about ByB entirely; since no one other than you cares remotely about the subject?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #1277
    ify

June 2012
    43 Posts
    Or possibly, it means they want you to stop posting about ByB entirely; since no one other than you cares remotely about the subject?
    I love this shit. You're like the guy that was just in the TTT server who launched vote kicks against me--not once, not twice but like eight times and they all failed.

He could've muted or ignored me (and I wasn't really doing much)

If you really have no interest in what I'm writing, go read something else.

This is completely on topic and you'd have to be a complete dolt to think it isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1278
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I love this shit. You're like the guy that was just in the TTT server who launched vote kicks against me--not once, not twice but like eight times and they all failed.

He could've muted or ignored me (and I wasn't really doing much)

If you really have no interest in what I'm writing, go read something else.

This is completely on topic and you'd have to be a complete dolt to think it isn't.
    It was on topic the first time you posted about it, maybe the second time. By now it's just spam.
    This topic is "post about how you got banned", not "go on a fucking vendetta against a single server owner".
    I don't exactly see how I'm like a guy constantly calling votekicks against you? I'm just pointing out that no one here (where you have come - why should we leave?) wants to hear your childish whining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1279
    ify

June 2012
    43 Posts
    It was on topic the first time you posted about it, maybe the second time. By now it's just spam.
    This topic is "post about how you got banned", not "go on a fucking vendetta against a single server owner".
    I don't exactly see how I'm like a guy constantly calling votekicks against you? I'm just pointing out that no one here (where you have come - why should we leave?) wants to hear your childish whining.
    Because I want to bring up a stupid ban in the stupid ban thread--there's no need to be immature and start posting if you disagree with regards to whether or not my ban is stupid or not. Many people have posted a variety of stupid ban reasons in this thread and I am simply one of those people. There is no need to try and single me out and harass me.

By definition what I've written on here is not spam--it isn't unsolicited, it involves more than one person posting on a common theme and/or topic and based upon my protest of the ban reason and my personal titling of it as being "stupid" it is adherent to the topic of this thread--not only that the addition of further accusations posted here of stupid ban reasons towards the same server owner validate my stupid ban reason as being stupid even further.

It's extremely nonsensical that you claim I have asked you to "leave" as I have done no such thing, I don't recall having replied to other users stupid ban reasons and saying "hey that's not a stupid ban reason"--exactly as you're doing now.

Your disagreement as to the on-topicness of my stupid ban reason has been noted and filed in the appropriate section along with the other complaints/accusations and will be re-reviewed after a 6 month waiting period.

And again, I've tried to move this to a separate thread but that was disallowed so I will continue to post here.

Now, I have to say this: Why are you posting in the "MOST stupid reason you got banned from a GMod server?" with no stupid ban reason kind sir?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1280
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Because I want to bring up a stupid ban in the stupid ban thread--there's no need to be immature and start posting if you disagree with regards to whether or not my ban is stupid or not. Many people have posted a variety of stupid ban reasons in this thread and I am simply one of those people. There is no need to try and single me out and harass me.

By definition what I've written on here is not spam--it isn't unsolicited, it involves more than one person posting on a common theme and/or topic and based upon my protest of the ban reason and my personal titling of it as being "stupid" it is adherent to the topic of this thread--not only that the addition of further accusations posted here of stupid ban reasons towards the same server owner validate my stupid ban reason as being stupid even further.

It's extremely nonsensical that you claim I have asked you to "leave" as I have done no such thing, I don't recall having replied to other users stupid ban reasons and saying "hey that's not a stupid ban reason"--exactly as you're doing now.

Your disagreement as to the on-topicness of my stupid ban reason has been noted and filed in the appropriate section along with the other complaints/accusations and will be re-reviewed after a 6 month waiting period.

And again, I've tried to move this to a separate thread but that was disallowed so I will continue to post here.

Now, I have to say this: Why are you posting in the "MOST stupid reason you got banned from a GMod server?" with no stupid ban reason kind sir?
    I never disagreed with the stupidity of your ban reason, I never even mentioned it.
    I disagreed with your continual posting about it after the fact.
    Everyone here by now is fully aware that a) you have been banned from ByB and b) you think your ban reason is stupid.
    At this point, no further posts are required. No one else has gone on an extended rant over their ban from one server in thousands.
    You have been banned. You are not going to be unbanned. There are many many other servers available. Get over it!

Also, Since you so politely asked, I think the most stupid time I got banned from a server was the time I typed !ban ^ 0 into OOC as a joke and ULX ran the command anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)