1. Post #1
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Here is the latest release - http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=135254

This addon is unfinished and is currently being developed. There are some small bugs that will be worked out, but none that are an problematic. The only noticeable issues are some of the web browser buttons (Back, Forward and Refresh) which have broken functions (I didn't break them, blame whoever is developing GMod), but they are being worked on so they will be fixed in the next release. This is a stable release and there will be more features added in the near future.

Content so far:
    -Scoreboard (WIP)
    -Chatbox (WIP)
    -Hud (WIP)
    -Menu with Web Browser/Config Settings (WIP)
    -Over-head Player Tags (WIP)
    *More to come

Planning on making mostly everything fully customizable (From colors to size etc)

http://i.imgur.com/MsQu5NE.png
    http://i.imgur.com/A9ObBfm.png

If you find any major bugs, please report them to me.

--

As Quick Hud has been developed in the past, I've release a few versions that weren't really customized and were poorly scripted.

I've been working a while on this to make it as good as possible, and I've gotten to the point where I don't really care where it goes anymore. I'm releasing it here in case any of you want to use this addon for anything.

I've improved the overall hud, added many things, etc.

[release]Features
    [release][list]Chatbox[/list](The chatbox in this addon is an edit of Darkland's old chatbox (by Darkspider). I've edited around 80% of the overall code, and I've changed a lot.)

The Chatbox does NOT support Chat.AddText() so, you need to create your own version of chat.AddText or use ChatPrint().
    The Chatbox includes flashing tags, etc.
    I was going to stick with the outlined name thing like perp, but I decided to go back to tags.[/release]

[release][list]Web Browser[/list]When you click the "Home" Button, you're sent to my website, http://JovaCentral.com
    It pops up on initial spawn, so if you want to remove it and you don't know how, open qhud.lua, go to line 30 and remove "ply:ConCommand( "jcweb" )"
    [/release]

[release][list]Mini Administration Mod[/list]I KNOW THE PLACEMENTS AREN'T EVEN, I WAS GOING TO FIX IT BUT I FORGOT, I DON'T REALLY CARE EITHER. IF YOU CARE ENOUGH TO BITCH BELOW, THEN FIX IT YOURSELF.
    You need to select the User ID (The Numbers) to the right of a player's name to be able to ban that player. Select the player's name to be able to kick them. You can't ban with the players Name and you can't kick with the player's User ID.

Nothing is in the Advanced Administration tab, I was planning on putting an unban list there, but I didn't get around to it.[/release]

[release][list]Custom Scoreboard (Now Opens with Tab)[/list]It has been resized (width wise).
    [/release]

[release][list]Un Parented Buttons (Top Right)[/list][/release][/release]

PS: The colors look better in game.

Possibly more updates to come, tell me if there are any errors.

By the way, if you hold your mouse button down on one of the un parented buttons, it opens a bunch of windows. I never got around to fixing that so only click once and it may only open 1 or 2 windows. You can also open the mouse cursor with middle mouse, but that's kinda glitchy too.

Download:
    v1.0

v1.1

(Tags above players' heads - originally created by Stebbzor)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 17Artistic x 4Lua King x 2Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,158 Posts
    :firstpost:
    Also,looks cool.Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    The only thing that emote will get you around here is hate and dumbs.

Anyways, it looks pretty cool. My only gripe is that it looks too square. Round off the corners maybe to make it less sharp to the eye. The colors do look bad in the screenshot, but I'm too lazy to download and see if they really do look better in game so I'll go with what you say.

Edited:

This is clientside, correct?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    The bar & everything on the bar isn't, it's shared. Everything else is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    Well for the colors thing I would try GMod-esque colors, like a light blue and white.

Edited:

garrysmod.org comment posted:
    not only firsted your thread but firsted your garrysmod.org dl
    You have lost all respect I never had for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    By the way, if you hold your mouse button down on one of the un parented buttons, it opens a bunch of windows. I never got around to fixing that so only click once and it may only open 1 or 2 windows. You can also open the mouse cursor with middle mouse, but that's kinda glitchy too.

Also, the web browser pops up on initial spawn, so if you want to remove it and you don't know how, open qhud.lua, go to line 30 and remove "ply:ConCommand( "jcweb" )"

(Updated OP too)

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    394 Posts
    epic...

8. Post #8

August 2010
    76 Posts
    Do you still have the version with the outlined text on perp?

9. Post #9

November 2009
    474 Posts
    What's cheat check do?
    (what cheats does it scan for and does it actually work?)

10. Post #10
    A living example of an OCD programmer
    June 2009
    3,745 Posts
    My question is... what's the point of it ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    What's cheat check do?
    (what cheats does it scan for and does it actually work?)
    It wasn't finished, It's meant to check whether or not the person's client side sv_cheats 0 and sv_scriptenforcer was set to 1, but I think it only picks up what the server has it set to.

12. Post #12
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Releasing a big update soon which includes a lot of bug fixes, will be adding pictures and a new download in a bit, after I finish the final edits and take pictures.

13. Post #13
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    The update was released.

Currently I'm not going to add any new pictures or information yet, for now I'm only releasing the download for people to check out. I'll add new pictures and more information later.

You can check it out on my sandbox server if you don't want to download it without pictures. 173.48.233.145:27019

14. Post #14
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I took some pictures of the some of the new noticeable features, and I'm going to list a few bugs and some other stuff.

(The chatbox in this addon is an edit of Darkland's old chatbox (by Darkspider). I've edited around 80% of the overall code, and I've changed a lot.)

-Added background boxes for names & messages

If you don't like the background boxes surrounding the text,

go to client/chabox.lua and remove line 74 - draw.RoundedBox( 4, x-3, y-i*15+2, surface.GetTextSize( v.msg )+24+surface.GetTextSize( v.name ), 15, Color( 0, 0, 0, 200 ) )

-Re-Designed the Admin Menu, there's still nothing in the Advanced Admin Menu, but if anyone wants to add something there that's fine. I might add some stuff to it soon, and may release it in the next update.

-Fixed un-parented buttons, now using a function made by The Maw, buttons only activate once a click, they used to activate like every tick or something which is very fast (and bad).

Please post constructive criticism.

(I didn't edit previous posts because people might not see what I've added if I don't bump the topic up.)

(Name tags above player's created by Stebbzor)

15. Post #15
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Updating the web browser, in the next update you'll be able to set your home page, visit quicklinks, go forward/back, etc.

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    225 Posts
    it doesn't seem to.. work on my server.
    Also, it says Ban for One hour, and looking through the code, apparently it bans the player for 2 hours?

local submenu1 = confirmation:AddSubMenu( "Ban" )
    	submenu1:AddOption( "1 hour", function()
    		RunConsoleCommand( "banid2", "120", self:GetLine(row):GetValue(2) )
    		RunConsoleCommand( "kickid2", self:GetLine(row):GetValue(2), "Banned for one hour." )	
    	end)
    		confirmation:Open()
    	end

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,080 Posts
    Adding your own chat tag and making the home page (which is unchangeable in game from your description) go to your own website is kind of arrogant imo.

Pretty simple and sleak otherwise though.

18. Post #18
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    it doesn't seem to.. work on my server.
    Also, it says Ban for One hour, and looking through the code, apparently it bans the player for 2 hours?

local submenu1 = confirmation:AddSubMenu( "Ban" )
    	submenu1:AddOption( "1 hour", function()
    		RunConsoleCommand( "banid2", "120", self:GetLine(row):GetValue(2) )
    		RunConsoleCommand( "kickid2", self:GetLine(row):GetValue(2), "Banned for one hour." )	
    	end)
    		confirmation:Open()
    	end

it works fine on my servers. did you change anything?

19. Post #19

May 2011
    44 Posts
    Sweet work, i wish i could keep the hud part, but my zombiesurvival hud blocks it, is there any possible way i could hud to the bottom of my screen?

And dose anyone knows how to just keep the chat box and not the hud? It would be appriciated!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Adding your own chat tag and making the home page (which is unchangeable in game from your description) go to your own website is kind of arrogant imo.

Pretty simple and sleak otherwise though.
    mh, i've had an unreleased version fixing this and many other things for ages. might as well keep working on it and release it soon.

21. Post #21
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I'm gonna be releasing a new version sometime soon and it's going to have a lot of new features. Here's the new semi-complete web browser that i've been working on here and there for a bit
    yes there will be configuration menus to toggle/change shit. the buttons will be replaced with images and you will be able to switch between images and buttons, and maybe both.

22. Post #22
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Somewhat overall progress
    -Reworked the hud
    -Vgui Scoreboard & Vgui Tabs

-Names are team color, other text is just that yellowish color because I like it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I actually like the scoreboard. Nice job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

June 2011
    3 Posts
    Is there anyway that you could add it so that people could add chat tags to a specific steam ID, if so I would love you forever!

25. Post #25
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I'm 99% sure you can already add your own tags using a SteamID.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    102 Posts
    How would you make the chatbox start a new line after so many letters. Currently it puts the text all on one line across your monitor screen.

27. Post #27
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I'm not sure how to wrap text. if someone would be nice enough to provide an example that'd be a huge help.

I'm also updating QuickHud here and there and I hope to release a newer, more stylish version sometime when gmod 13 is released.

28. Post #28
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I'm going to be releasing a new version of this addon soon. I've finally gotten around to reworking quickhud.

Can I get some opinions on this chatbox? I want to know ways to make it look better.

29. Post #29

January 2012
    30 Posts
    I'm going to be releasing a new version of this addon soon. I've finally gotten around to reworking quickhud.

Can I get some opinions on this chatbox? I want to know ways to make it look better.
    I would say move it to the left and down a bit move as I hate it when I open the chat box and its in the middle of my screen.

30. Post #30
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts

y = ScrH()-155
    x = 140

31. Post #31

May 2012
    161 Posts
    Best Addon on earth , this addon is look like my brother. i love it and i will never lost it!

Edited:

i found an idea. you should make a command to add user ids to chat tags and save users on .txt file. example : chatbox adduserid STEAM_0:0:1222222 [DEV] "255 0 255"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Haha, thank you for your support. I will be releasing a new version soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    102 Posts
    Sweet. I can't wait. Is it just chat tags or will there be images too like this one.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121721

34. Post #34
    If your reading this, I'm going to exploit you like perp
    September 2012
    62 Posts
    How Do I change the tags? It's stuck saying im an admin when I'm the owner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2013
    6 Posts
    -Snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Late Late x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Nobody shall ever know I am actually, Batman c:
    August 2012
    996 Posts
    this work?
    This was last updated 3 years ago, so my guess is no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I'm going to release a fixed & updated version for this soon, for anybody who is interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    1,900 Posts
    oh wow
    I thought this was some kinda dumb necro bump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    I'm going to release a fixed & updated version for this soon, for anybody who is interested.
    Last time you said soon it was 2 years until the next update on the progress of it :P

Lets see what you can do with it, I'm curious, could be cool

40. Post #40
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Little bit more time, working on it here and there. I will post some progress pictures tomorrow. Should be done pretty soon, but will be on hold until next week because I'm going on vacation in a few days and I won't have access to a computer.