1. Post #401
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    That's some great logic. The bible is a book which could easily be bullshit and not a true account of what took place. These documents are reports which have been (indirectly) authenticated by the US government. The things contained in these documents is the truth (assuming the people filing the reports are accurate).
    The documents are true, what people are saying is in the documents are not. Everyone seems to believe there are war crimes in them, yet I haven't seen one document about any war crime.

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,251 Posts
    You obviously didn't read the thread, because I stated three times that Wikileaks said they were pulling names out. That means there are names. Hurr.
    no that means they SAID there were names there. no evidence. no backbone.

Edited:

The documents are true, what people are saying is in the documents are not. Everyone seems to believe there are war crimes in them, yet I haven't seen one document about any war crime.
    yet you have seen the documents mentioning names?

3. Post #403
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT'S IN THE DOCUMENTS

http://wardiary.wikileaks.org/

HERE YOU GO

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts

HERE YOU GO
    What the hell are you talking about? Lol?

5. Post #405
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    He just linked you to the documents. The raw leak. Knock yourself out.

6. Post #406
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    you say you haven't seen the documents that contain evidence of war crimes in them

you can solve that BY READING THE DOCUMENTS

THERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    no that means they SAID there were names there. no evidence. no backbone.
    Like the ones who have the documents and are reading through them saying there are names in not evidence. It's largely different than some random news guys saying there is, without any evidence./QUOTE]

8. Post #408
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,008 Posts
    You cannot categorically say that NO war crimes or illegal activities are mentioned, unless you have read the 77,000 records. Last I heard even the US government haven't gotten through them (and they apparently have a team of "intelligence analysts" going through it 24/7).

9. Post #409
    April 2010
    3,019 Posts
    you say you haven't seen the documents that contain evidence of war crimes in them

you can solve that BY READING THE DOCUMENTS

THERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS
    Chill.

10. Post #410
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    Like the ones who have the documents and are reading through them saying there are names in not evidence. It's largely different than some random news guys saying there is, without any evidence./QUOTE]
    i have the documents

they're right here

they aren't exclusive

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    He just linked you to the documents. The raw leak. Knock yourself out.
    Why would you link me to the documents? How does that prove there are war crimes in them. If you say there are, I'm still asking for you to show me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #412
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    it's like beating my head against a wall

A WALL MADE OF STUPID

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,251 Posts
    hey you do know the guys who have the documents said there were war crimes.

or are they simply lying about one part and telling the truth? you haven't seen any of those names.

14. Post #414
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    Melnek, I understand that you're against the leak but surely you can see why Ragy is being irritating.

15. Post #415
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    Why would you link me to the documents? How does that prove there are war crimes in them. If you say there are, I'm still asking for you to show me.
    How could I possibly show you if you refuse to read them.

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,031 Posts
    [QUOTE=Broseph_;24060876]
    saying they kill innocent familys when they are thousands of miles away from theres and are protecting us

Protecting America from what exactly? Afghanistan didn't even have a fucking airline before the invasion, how the fuck can they harm your glorious fucking country? A vast majority of Taliban only have is a mud shack, a AK, and a Kuran, and maybe a IED or RPG, which can only engage targets at the very most 800 meters away, you really think they can harm America thousands of kilometers away?

And before you bring up Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda is a Saudi/Arab Terrorist Network based out of Somalia/Yemen right now, I don't see American troops in Yemen or Somalia or even Saudi Arabia dying to protect America from a bunch of fucking jihadis who can't even properly wire a god damn car bomb let alone kill anyone in the United States after 9/11, the people America is fighting in Afghanistan don't even speak fuckin' Arabic, let alone be anywhere near a Arab

Edited:

First off, I doubt the Taliban can read English, secondly, they lack the organization to do such a thing for a majority of them, thirdly, this is all pre-new strategy, and fourthly, what the fuck is there about US military tactics that hasn't been reported on?

Alright, you obviously didn't read my post and you don't even know whats going on over there do you? I have friends that have been over there and I think they are telling the truth now I am going to pick apart your post and tell you how wrong you are

Protecting America from what exactly? Afghanistan didn't even have a fucking airline before the invasion, how the fuck can they harm your glorious fucking country?
    Have you ever heard of a thing called 9/11, you know the things that killed 3,000+ people.

A vast majority of Taliban only have is a mud shack, a AK, and a Kuran, and maybe a IED or RPG, which can only engage targets at the very most 800 meters away, you really think they can harm America thousands of kilometers away?
    Despite being very well funded, and one could easily just slip into the country, get a green card, plant a bomb or fly a plane into another building and before you say "That will never happen" look up 9/11 and how the terrorist did it.

And before you bring up Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda is a Saudi/Arab Terrorist Network based out of Somalia/Yemen right now, I don't see American troops in Yemen or Somalia or even Saudi Arabia dying to protect America from a bunch of fucking jihadis who can't even properly wire a god damn car bomb let alone kill anyone in the United States after 9/11, the people America is fighting in Afghanistan don't even speak fuckin' Arabic, let alone be anywhere near a Arab
    And hows not knowing things working out for you? Al-Qaeda is a MIDDLE EAST terrorist group. That means there all over Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and might be in Somalia/Yemen? Yes I know for a fact that there are terrorist in Somalia but most are not related to Al-Qaeda. Yeah, they can wire a bomb pretty dam well, trust me friends of mine have seen there work up close and I can assure you that they know what there doing. Are you serious? I am kinda thinking this is a troll post since no one can be this stupid. Of course they speak Arabic The entire Middle East is a Arabic.

First off, I doubt the Taliban can read English, secondly, they lack the organization to do such a thing for a majority of them, thirdly, this is all pre-new strategy, and fourthly, what the fuck is there about US military tactics that hasn't been reported on?
    Ever seen a Taliban propaganda video? alot of the time there is a man that is speaking fluent English, also its the internet, they could just use a online based translator. Taliban are extremely organized and I don't think its to hard to log in to the internet and a very determined leader.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,251 Posts
    How does that prove there are names in them. If you say there are, I'm still asking for you to show me.

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    You cannot categorically say that NO war crimes or illegal activities are mentioned, unless you have read the 77,000 records. Last I heard even the US government haven't gotten through them (and they apparently have a team of "intelligence analysts" going through it 24/7).
    Read. I never said there are "no" war crimes. I said there has been no real evidence of any which people seem to claim there is.

19. Post #419
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    If you don't trust Der Spiegel and the New York Times reading and interpreting the documents for you, why would you trust me?

20. Post #420
    March 2010
    4,223 Posts
    Not actually following the argument, but I saw this a few pages back and it's just disgusting:

Ragy posted:
    No reporter will scan through 90,000 plus documents to get a little story. They have a job which has deadlines. It would take months upon months of reading through general military reports.
    Are our journalistic standards this low these days? Really? I mean the press isn't exactly a shining beacon of hope, but what the fuck happened to the days of Watergate, where weeks to months of investigative journalism over actually important topics was expected? What the fuck job do they have to do except this, this is exactly what we should expect the press to do, put actual work into make important reports on important issues. It seems like covering US Army war crimes is better than whatever pablum you want the press to feed you.

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    How could I possibly show you if you refuse to read them.
    You're making claims of war crimes and you want me read through them to disprove that? Lol what.

22. Post #422
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    Are our journalistic standards this low these days? Really? I mean the press isn't exactly a shining beacon of hope, but what the fuck happened to the days of Watergate, where weeks to months of investigative journalism over actually important topics was expected? What the fuck job do they have to do except this, this is exactly what we should expect the press to do, put actual work into make important reports on important issues. It seems like covering US Army war crimes is better than whatever pablum you want the press to feed you.
    It IS disgusting that the investigative reporting falls solely in the hands of bloggers and wikipedia editors these days.

23. Post #423
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    Not actually following the argument, but I saw this a few pages back and it's just disgusting:

Warning: Ragy's words are not fact. They should not be taken as truth.

24. Post #424
    August 2010
    1,200 Posts
    Why would I read them? All I'm saying is you're believing in these war crimes which have no backbone.
    hahahahaha

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    If you don't trust Der Spiegel and the New York Times reading and interpreting the documents for you, why would you trust me?
    For the eighth time, they say. There is no evidence.

26. Post #426
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    You're making claims of war crimes and you want me read through them to disprove that? Lol what.
    I'm not. Two reputable news agencies are.

27. Post #427
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    Actually, yes. We have cited our sources that show you are wrong so now it is time for you to refute us if you wish to do so.

Edited:

No, the documents say.

28. Post #428
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    you know what, fuck it

I can't win an argument with someone who doesn't follow his own standards of evidence, has trouble speaking english, and refuses to remember anything I tell him.

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts

This is the problem of Zeke and Mr. Scorpio. They believe in all this proganda of war crimes, yet there is no real evidence to support them.

Edited:

Those two agencies have no evidence.

30. Post #430
    April 2010
    3,019 Posts
    Melnek, I understand that you're against the leak but surely you can see why Ragy is being irritating.
    I am not entirely against the leak. I believe that as long as it doesn't harm anyone and it's only purpose is to shed light on the whole Afghanistan situation then Wikileaks can knock themselves out.
    However it's too early to see whether the leaks have lead to any deaths so far so I'm really on the fence about that.

31. Post #431
    March 2010
    4,223 Posts
    It's more that this is what he expects of the press that's so fucked up

Shouldn't you, Ragy, the right wing conservative small government type, be more concerned than ANYONE ELSE that the US Army is commiting war crimes? Shouldn't you and all your compatriots be holding the executive and legislative branch to task for this?

What the hell do you want out of the press if not coverage of important issues? Or is this not an important issue to you?

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,251 Posts
    This is the problem of Zeke and Mr. Scorpio. They believe in all this proganda of war crimes, yet there is no real evidence to support them.

Edited:

Those two agencies have no evidence.
    you believe there are names but there is no real evidence to support it.

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    No, the documents say.
    Show me a document of that what they say is true. Surly if there was a war crime document found, it would be everywhere now.

34. Post #434
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,284 Posts

HERE YOU GO
    it's like beating my head against a wall

A WALL MADE OF STUPID
    heh........someone is a little...............mad

35. Post #435
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    I have never been this astounded at a display of ignorance before.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,251 Posts
    Show me a document of that what they say is true. Surly if there was a war crime document, it would be everywhere now.
    surely if there was name listing document, it would be everywhere now.

37. Post #437
    May 2010
    11,140 Posts
    It's more that this is what he expects of the press that's so fucked up

Shouldn't you, Ragy, the right wing conservative small government type, be more concerned than ANYONE ELSE that the US Army is commiting war crimes? Shouldn't you and all your compatriots be holding the executive and legislative branch to task for this?

What the hell do you want out of the press if not coverage of important issues? Or is this not an important issue to you?
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he expects the Sun to turn purple on sundays. I wouldn't put much stock in what Ragy thinks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    July 2010
    4,314 Posts
    Show me a document of that what they say is true. Surly if there was a war crime document found, it would be everywhere now.
    They are everywhere. On Der Speigel and Wikipedia and The New York Times. Or does it need to be on 5 first? 10? Do The Times need to report it first? What exactly do you need here?

39. Post #439
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,008 Posts

The guardian seem to be doing their bit for investigative journalists. Even helping the public make sense of all the data with some impressive looking charts.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/data...video-tutorial

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    I have never been this astounded at a display of ignorance before.
    You have yet to show me any evidence of any war crime. I'm still waiting.