1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Do you know what SVN is, and that all helicopters you listed (except the toybox ones) aren't from my pack?
    Quit being an asshole about the custom helicopters. Without them, your pack would have died a long time ago - you sure as hell aren't making any more. You wouldn't have made the base available if you didn't want us expanding on it.

...Why can't anyone get the Black Hawk's name right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    Quit being an asshole about the custom helicopters. Without them, your pack would have died a long time ago - you sure as hell aren't making any more. You wouldn't have made the base available if you didn't want us expanding on it.
    I'm an asshole for being tired of helping people having problems with stuff I didn't make?

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    I'm an asshole for being tired of helping people having problems with stuff I didn't make?
    You're being an asshole for waving the custom helicopters off as junk at every turn. This especially:

It's annoying that they call it WAC even though they have no idea what it means, else they wouldn't call it that way
    They're not in the "WeltEnSTurm's Addon Compilation', or did I miss something?
    Yeah, they are "WAC" helicopters, since they're built on the WAC base. Unless you'd prefer not being credited for the base?

Edited:

Plus, you could easily support these helicopters, since the custom ones are, again, on the base you wrote; there's no fundamental differences between yours and ours, so for functional purposes whoever made the particular helicopter is irrelevant. You know more about it than anyone making custom ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    They're not junk, it's just a bit depressing to see people come here for stuff I didn't make with questions I can't/don't want to answer.
    And that guy probably forgot to install my base.

5. Post #565

June 2011
    10 Posts
    yes i got SVN, but SVN dosnt give me materials, models, lua, ect. to make them SPAWN. thats my problem they will not spawn, it spawns an ERROR for the 1 heli that is on the spawn list out of the others that i downloaded and installed (the black shark is the only 1 on the list thats spawn able)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    That means you installed it wrong. There is a folder in the SVN that contains folders beginning with "WAC".
    Put all of them in your garrysmod/garrysmod/Addons folder, so that at least "WAC Base" and "WAC Helicopters" are in your addons folder. You don't need the other folders if you just want to fly helicopters.

7. Post #567

June 2011
    10 Posts
    i did that. i wanted to fly all the helis btw, not just 1, so i downloaded them all.

i put them into my addons, and then wen that didnt work i opened up the folder and coped and pasted the material, models, ect. to the directory were the games main material and models are (outside the addons folder). then when that didnt work i put the downloaded folder into the directory. nothings working.

i have SVN, but that dose not have material, models, ect. in it. i installed it 3 different ways in 3 different places in the Garry's Mod directory, and i still only have 1 heli that spawns an ERROR when i click on it. (the black shark)

Edited:

ow btw, wheres the Little Bird? its not on the sight or any download linking to it

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    The SVN folder you downloaded should contain an 'Addons' folder. What's in there?

9. Post #569

June 2011
    10 Posts
    theres no addon folder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    SVN is a program, it dosnt contain foldrs, its a program run engine thing. idk wut it dose. but its ment for controls, nothing ment to be relating to the game gmod. its ment for joystick controls and simulators. if it should contain a folder relating to gmod then the folder and SVN should be in a zip folder that can be downloaded on the gmod addons sight or here. the original SVN that ur required to download comes from the TortoiseSVN.net web sight.
    Are you fucking stupid? Jesus Christ, you spell like a third grader, with the reading comprehension of a kindergartner.

SVN - subversion is a system that keeps specific folders on your hard drive up to date with an online copy. How in the name of all that is holy and good did you figure out how to download Firefox?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #571

June 2011
    10 Posts
    it installed a progeram when i downloaded SVN, there was just a installer, no addon folder, or folder to begin with
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    it installed a progeram when i downloaded SVN, there was just a installer, no addon folder, or folder to begin with
    :geno:

No longer will I try to defend the intelligence of the population of my great nation. :911:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #573

June 2011
    10 Posts
    i type like i txt. dont hate please. just need help. and when i had problems taking off i downloaded SVN then the heli took off, i just figured it was a controler. dont hate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    i type like i txt. dont hate please. just need help. and when i had problems taking off i downloaded SVN then the heli took off, i just figured it was a controler. dont hate
    Then stop texting you stupid fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #575

June 2011
    10 Posts
    sorry

Edited:

so any idea why the thing wont work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Tortoise SVN is a program that manages the use of the subversion file system. You need some components of this addon - WAC Base and WAC Helicopter - which are obtained through the subversion file system - to use the custom helicopters for the WAC helicopter base.

I'm not going to try to explain how to install it. SVN is one of the simplest processes for installation ever devised. If you think SVN is a type of joystick you should consider getting un-born.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #577

June 2011
    10 Posts
    calm down a bit. i thought it was a controller program because it fixed my lift off problem.

Edited:

after i installed it

Edited:

i already installed SVN

18. Post #578
    June 2008
    1,521 Posts
    sorry

Edited:

so any idea why the thing wont work?
    It won't work because you have the IQ of a rock.

Actually no, that insults rocks.

Seriously, you install TortoiseSVN, you checkout the folder, put the URL in and you're DONE. If couldn't get any damn easier.

19. Post #579

June 2011
    10 Posts
    dose SVN work well with WinRar?

i watch this link, but theres no "SVN check out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo0kg9tOsc

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    Make a folder, right click, SVN Checkout, enter my link, OK, wait, then you'll have my addon in that folder.

21. Post #581
    January 2010
    2,732 Posts
    That is a Black Shark, not a black hawk. How hard is it? I mean, come on, the name of the helicopter is in the god-damn name of this picture in the URL.

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    That is a Black Shark, not a black hawk. How hard is it? I mean, come on, the name of the helicopter is in the god-damn name of this picture in the URL.
    Are you retarded? The guy he said HURR CAN NOBODY GET THE BLACK HAWK RIGHT to was referring to the BLACK SHARK, not the BLACK HAWK.

23. Post #583
    September 2010
    74 Posts
    @ everyone talking about my fuckup

Yes, I derped, I forgot there was a KA-50 on this base.

Sue me. I slip up just like everybody else.

24. Post #584
    March 2010
    34 Posts
    Make a NOTAR Littlebird

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    Give me models, or how the hell do you think should I do it?

26. Post #586
    December 2009
    7,988 Posts
    If I want to drive a normal car then it just keeps me in first person,why's that?

27. Post #587
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    New Helis!

dose SVN work well with WinRar?

i watch this link, but theres no "SVN check out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo0kg9tOsc
    I think he thought that SVN was the mod itself.

28. Post #588

January 2006
    14 Posts
    rant rant rant personal attacks personal attacks
    Calm down, you're nothing better than the guys you insult with that attitude.

29. Post #589

June 2011
    1 Posts
    I have a problem. When I'm the gunner of helicopter, I can't point to anything. specific screen for the particular caliber doesn't work for me; is fixed and I can't move it.

PD: This helicopters are the best, very realistic.

30. Post #590

July 2011
    1 Posts
    Hey, I got the newest version of the heli from SVN, as well as the base and swep pack (love the sweps) but every time I spawn any of the helis, a lua error says that it attempted to index IsPlaying, a nil value.
    I looked in cl_init.lua and it was defined and everything, no reason to show the error. Anyone know what's going on?

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    What's the exact error?

32. Post #592

July 2007
    5 Posts
    Hey dude sorry if this has already been brought to your attention but I didn't see any posts regarding this issue in the thread so far. Basically when I am in the gunner seat of a two man helicopter and I go to use the mouse controlled gun or missiles the camera doesn't follow the missile or move with the gun like it's supposed to. Instead the camera stays inside the cockpit and wont move with the mouse making it nearly impossible to hit things. Don't suppose you would know why? Also I don't know if this is related to the same bug but when I use your sweps I no longer get the realistic camera movement and I cant use iron sight or scope like I used to be able to. Maybe an update that screwed with the settings or something like that?

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    Hey dude sorry if this has already been brought to your attention but I didn't see any posts regarding this issue in the thread so far. Basically when I am in the gunner seat of a two man helicopter and I go to use the mouse controlled gun or missiles the camera doesn't follow the missile or move with the gun like it's supposed to. Instead the camera stays inside the cockpit and wont move with the mouse making it nearly impossible to hit things. Don't suppose you would know why? Also I don't know if this is related to the same bug but when I use your sweps I no longer get the realistic camera movement and I cant use iron sight or scope like I used to be able to. Maybe an update that screwed with the settings or something like that?
    A conflicting addon that uses the same function to manipulate view positions, which can only be used once at the same time. Try to sort out addons until you find the one that causes this.

34. Post #594

July 2007
    5 Posts
    A conflicting addon that uses the same function to manipulate view positions, which can only be used once at the same time. Try to sort out addons until you find the one that causes this.
    Tried deleting ALL my addons and installing the addon in a freshly reinstalled garrysmod on my old steam profile and it still did the same thing.

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    Do you get any lua errors?

36. Post #596

July 2007
    5 Posts
    God I feel like an idiot. I discovered the problem. Basically I updated my WAC helicopters folder from the svn but not the WAC base or any of the rest. Although the camera still doesn't follow the missiles like I've seen in youtube vids. Is it still supposed to or did you change that in an update? if so, is there a way to change it back?

37. Post #597
    February 2011
    4,055 Posts
    I am having a problem. I tried to install that mod on my server. I put the exactly same thing as I put in my steamapps/me/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons in orangebox/garrysmod/addons, but in single player I can spawn the ent, and on the server it appears to be an error. No lua errors or anything in console.

Before you ask If I changed something - I cut out all the helicopters but the Ah-1 Cobra so it all won't expand my content pack size too much. This Cobra perfectly works in singleplayer, but does not work on the server.

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,874 Posts
    God I feel like an idiot. I discovered the problem. Basically I updated my WAC helicopters folder from the svn but not the WAC base or any of the rest. Although the camera still doesn't follow the missiles like I've seen in youtube vids. Is it still supposed to or did you change that in an update? if so, is there a way to change it back?
    Sadly I didn't include a way to make it BF2-like again.
    But it's more realistic and convenient to use the way it is now, so I will keep it.

Edited:

I am having a problem. I tried to install that mod on my server. I put the exactly same thing as I put in my steamapps/me/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons in orangebox/garrysmod/addons, but in single player I can spawn the ent, and on the server it appears to be an error. No lua errors or anything in console.

Before you ask If I changed something - I cut out all the helicopters but the Ah-1 Cobra so it all won't expand my content pack size too much. This Cobra perfectly works in singleplayer, but does not work on the server.
    Error in sense of big, red flashy "error" text?
    Make sure you didn't forget to copy all the model files, and that there's still wac_base in the entities folder.

39. Post #599

July 2011
    3 Posts
    So, I downloaded this through svn a week ago, tried it out, spawned a helicopter, as soon as the chopper appeared I'm greeted by the following lua error: "[addons/WAC Helicopter/lua/entities/wac_hc_base/init.lua:500] attempt to preform arithmetic on a nil value".

Also the helicopters refuse to start.

And yes i have tried reinstalling gmod, running the addon without any others installed and so on. Still nothing.

Anyhow just wondered if there is a known solution or anything.

40. Post #600

July 2011
    12 Posts
    [release]Info
    Realistic, flyable helicopter entity.
    Can be controlled with keyboard, mouse and joystick.
    Multiple seats: can be switched with keys 1-9.
    Weapons like Hydra 70 rocket launchers, Hellfire Missiles and more.
    [/release][release]Controls (preset)
    R: Start engine.
    W, S: Lift up and go down.
    A, D: Roll left/right.
    Mouse: Aim helicopter nose.
    Space (pilot): Temporarily look around in the cockpit.
    Control: Switch between third/first person view.
    Left Mouse: Fire current weapon (not all helicopters/seats have one)
    Right Mouse: Switch to next weapon.
    [/release][release]FAQ
    Q: How to change controls?
    A: Spawnmenu/Utilities/WAC/Helicopter.

Q: I want to use the mouse to look left/right, not A/D.
    A: Check "Swap Yaw/Roll" in the controls menu.

Q: I want to invert looking up/down!
    A: Check "Invert Pitch" in the controls menu.

Q: My "green bar" doesn't fill itself completely, what to do?
    A: Change "Raise this if you can't take off" from the controls menu to 2.

Q: I shoot straight up into the air and explode, what should I do?
    A: Look at the previous question, instead of setting it to 2 set it to 1.

Q: I want tanks!
    A: I want proper tank models, with each part in a separate model.

Q: I want jets!
    A: See last question.

Q: Some of these helicopters look unfinished, what to do?
    A: This is a SVN. SVNs are used for developing. Proper GMod.org dl will follow after I finish stuff.

[/release][release]Media
    Video from V2.2:

[/release][release]Download
    There currently is only a SVN repository. If you don't know what that is, there is a tutorial here.
    And remember, this stuff is under development. Don't cry if something looks unfinished to you.
    http://weadco.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Addons
    Extract "WAC Base" and "WAC Helicopter" from this to your addons folder.
    Note: the base has some scripts you might not want to use, most of them can be disabled in spawnmenu/utilities.

To use the joystick, you need the Joystick Module.

There are already some user-made helicopters on garrysmod.org.
    [/release][release]Credits
    StarChick for some BF2 models
    Henner for testing in early-alpha stages
    Nutcake for testing
    Flyboi for inspiration and his A/MH-6 models
    [/release]

WeltEnSTurm's Addon Compilation
    How on earth do i download this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)