1. Post #721
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,354 Posts
    D'ya know what. I have pretty much followed WAC development from the start, and it has come so far, especially in the 'Aircraft department'. And what amazes me more is that you've done it all for nothing. That's why I'm going to donate, you really do deserve it <3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    I realized that the SVN on my WAC Air folder isn't working, because I installed WAC by creating a folder called WAC and then extracted all folders to addons (what is the SVN extract button for? It does nothing, just an usual cut & paste...) but when I get into any vehicle, I don't see the entering animation I had before. Instead, the camera just appears inside and zooms in a little

Also, I don't see any Helicopter option menu inside the in-game options or utilities menu. There is one called Aircraft where the control settings are. So it means that because I updated my WAC Air folder, I got an older version? Which fixed the crashes for me, but I cannot look around by simply moving the mouse anymore? Without holding a spacebar?

And btw about the SWEPs, here is my previous question shortened- Will you be adding more SWEPs fully working with the free look, or is there any possible way how to fix it for other, non-WAC weapons, so I won't have to turn the awesomeness off everytime I use them?

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    You got the newest version, it's a little experimental.
    I will, but it's going to take time.

4. Post #724

June 2012
    2 Posts
    I cant take off.. the SPD bar doesnt fill up! please help me i really like your addon :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,354 Posts
    Sure you have the throttle on? If you do and the problem still persists, tick the higher Tickrate option in the WAC Aircraft settings.

6. Post #726

June 2012
    2 Posts
    i cant throttle im trying it the whole time and the bar doesnt fill up i took a look about the aircraft
    settings and i only can change the sensitivity realsim and the start speed option.. and i tried to change the tick but i dont know how to set it to take off..

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    in multiplayer things feel a lot easier to control, almost like you did source's prediction methods or something, great work. though i think either autohover is missing or i need to rebind it

8. Post #728
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    So I got the WAC Base and Aircraft through SVN. All planes spawning without problems, but no plane actually works (lol). When I get in, I see the new animation and lower FOV (not better than the old one, in my opinion). I also don't see a Helicopter menu in options, but Aircraft (I hope that's right). I also still don't see HUD in Little Bird without weapons and Cessna

But the main problem is about flying- I just can't get them to air! I hold W or move my throttle stick to forward, sound pitch raises, but no RPM shows up. When my friend throw it into air with physgun, it falls down like a rock. I tried the basic WAC helicopters, Pavelow from addon and the ''un-official'' ones like Chinook or Robinson R22, but noone flew. Just the Cessna started moving but not enough to fly with it. I know that there is one slider with something about start speed, I tried modifying it but didn't work.

By the way, before, in the older version, I was able to look around by only moving my mouse, without any spacebar, which came in handy when I am flying with a joystick that has built-in mouse stick. Now it's not possible, or is it? How to fix it?

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    You got the newest version, it's a little experimental.
    I will, but it's going to take time.
    For taking off, set wac_air_doubletick to 1.

10. Post #730
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Experimental, that explains it all. Okay, I am going to wait, just make it as much awesome as you can ;)

11. Post #731
    July 2012
    1 Posts
    For taking off, set wac_air_doubletick to 1.
    I tried to change wac_air_doubletick to 1, but there was no difference.

Maybe it just takes you some time to fix that because sometimes, experimental stuff does not work properly. ;)

12. Post #732
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    I tried to change wac_air_doubletick to 1, but there was no difference.

Maybe it just takes you some time to fix that because sometimes, experimental stuff does not work properly. ;)
    wac_air_experimental 0
    or atleast I think thats the command.

13. Post #733
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    I tried to change the doublitick and (or) experimental to 1, nothing helped. I also reinstalled WAC Base and Aircraft and the wac-air-pack, but it still behaves strange:

I can fly planes without any problems, that's the only not bugged thing for me.
    I can't see HUD in non-weaponed Little Bird and C172 Skyhawk, but that's maybe intended to be disabled at these.
    When I spawn MH-53 Pavelow or Mi-24 Hind, it starts up automatically after few seconds and I can normally fly when I get in, but when I start it up through a button, I hear the sound pitch rising, but RPM starts to decrease and when it sounds like it's fully running on max torque, I have none RPM and fall down like a rock.
    When I spawn a Curtiss, AirCreation Trike or Black Hawk, the game crashes (in singleplayer, didn't crash in MP yet).
    When me and my friend play on my dedicated server with WAC installed, he cannot do anything in planes, he can't even start them. But I can without any problems, through a joystick

So these are the bugs I encountered, and of course the lack of ability to look around without holding a spacebar. Oh yes and also, free look or exit button bound through joystick module doesn't work

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    [337]
    ! looking around with joystick enabled
    ! plane physics with different realism setting
    ! missile alert sound
    + rear rotor damage

15. Post #735
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Im having issues with the new version, only some helicopters work. http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post37000824 http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post37001019 Those are the links to the posts on the main WAC page that I put, I hope it has everything you need for an idea of what is going on.

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Does it happen with the newest version?

17. Post #737
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Yeah, it happened with the svn version I got this morning, in SP the Black Hawk crashes, and the Mil Mi 35, EC-655 and Cobra have camera things that happen about every other spawning. In MP though everything seems fine, Im actually playing on MP with my friend with the choppers as Im wrighting this.

18. Post #738
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Yay! It's fixed! Working nice again, great job! Now the only bugs, I think, are the 3 aircrafts crashing for me in the single player- Black Hawk, Curtiss and Ultralight

19. Post #739
    July 2010
    26 Posts
    I'm unable to turn off the rotors after landing. I'm pressing R, but to no avail. Is there an "Engine Off" button?

20. Post #740
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    The same button for turning engines on should work for turning them off too. Didn't you switch to joystick/mouse controls? Switching to joystick disables my keyboard and mouse, so I needed to bind the controls to it. Through joystick module of course

21. Post #741
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    I'm unable to turn off the rotors after landing. I'm pressing R, but to no avail. Is there an "Engine Off" button?
    Turning rotors off in attack helis doesnt work.

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Are you sure they don't stop or does it just take a long time?

23. Post #743
    August 2012
    5 Posts
    The interface for the MH-6 doesn't show up. It flies right, but the interface just isn't there. Is that on purpose?

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Intentional.

25. Post #745
    July 2011
    20 Posts
    Cool mod, thanks, i love heli :)

26. Post #746
    June 2011
    75 Posts
    All of the helicopters take off by themselves, making it impossible to decrease altitude, and they are always going way too fast now. I miss those good ole days when it worked the way it was suppose to.

27. Post #747
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Change the server tickrate option or decrease the start speed. I have my 66 tickrate disabled and 1 starting speed and it's working like it did before. And you should update if your helicopters start by themselves

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    767 Posts
    Would downloading WAC (full collection) include the base and aircraft? I think they do...

Also, does the game just pick up the one Addons folder with all the WAC stuff, or does it need to be separated?

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    any news to be heard on the gmod 13 version which was horribly broken last time i used it?

30. Post #750

August 2012
    80 Posts
    Does not work.

31. Post #751
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Uploading seems to fail, I don't know

32. Post #752
    July 2012
    15 Posts
    Weltenstrum, I am a great fan of yours when it comes to WAC aircraft, sweps, base, damage sytem and so forth, though, recently theres been some issues with free-aim, and weapon zoom.

Is there a fix?

Edited:

Turning rotors off in attack helis doesnt work.
    It takes some time for the rotors to reduce speed and to shut off entirely.

33. Post #753
    July 2012
    15 Posts
    This thing is a bitch to control.
    You're just a poor Pilot.

Edited:

Would downloading WAC (full collection) include the base and aircraft? I think they do...

Also, does the game just pick up the one Addons folder with all the WAC stuff, or does it need to be separated?
    You dont need to seperate the WAC SVN files. just get the SVN repository url, then cheout into addons. thats it, your done. Have fun.

34. Post #754
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    I have a question which I can't find on google. The question is- Do real life helicopters have auto-hover? I mean pressing a button/toggling a switch and the heli would be auto balancing itself. And did anyone over here successfully land with Curtiss or Trike Ultralight? I am just asking because these planes seems to be controlled ''over-realistically'', because it's way harder than in Microsoft Flight Simulator X :D. I think I landed with Curtiss but I had to concentrate like hell to land it even with a good joystick, I still heard the crash sound at touchdown)

Anyways, the Black Hawk and these 2 planes seem to still crash my game in single player. And Mil Mi-35 Hind got only one skin, the desert one, while Apache has 2 skins working fine. Also, when entering the Hind, Eurocopter Tiger (or how is it called), or AH-1Z Viper, I usually get the bug with no entering animation, no zoom, not able to properly exit the heli and not working 3rd person. It doesn't fix even after the reloadhooks or reload_cl command

By the way, I must (again) say that this mod really rocks, it is truly the best one for air vehicles (no jets but why do you need jets on so SMALL maps?). Keep on the good work, keep adding planes, just fix the glitches please! ;)

35. Post #755
    July 2012
    15 Posts
    I have a question which I can't find on google. The question is- Do real life helicopters have auto-hover? I mean pressing a button/toggling a switch and the heli would be auto balancing itself. And did anyone over here successfully land with Curtiss or Trike Ultralight? I am just asking because these planes seems to be controlled ''over-realistically'', because it's way harder than in Microsoft Flight Simulator X :D. I think I landed with Curtiss but I had to concentrate like hell to land it even with a good joystick, I still heard the crash sound at touchdown)

Anyways, the Black Hawk and these 2 planes seem to still crash my game in single player. And Mil Mi-35 Hind got only one skin, the desert one, while Apache has 2 skins working fine. Also, when entering the Hind, Eurocopter Tiger (or how is it called), or AH-1Z Viper, I usually get the bug with no entering animation, no zoom, not able to properly exit the heli and not working 3rd person. It doesn't fix even after the reloadhooks or reload_cl command

By the way, I must (again) say that this mod really rocks, it is truly the best one for air vehicles (no jets but why do you need jets on so SMALL maps?). Keep on the good work, keep adding planes, just fix the glitches please! ;)
    As far as i can tell there isnt many "glitches". I'm one of many WAC Aircraft fans who enjoy this, maybe to a good extent.. but are you running off of a mac, or PC? have you tried reinstalling, without creating a folder "wac" to checkout to? iIf none of those work, You probably have an addon conflicting.

36. Post #756
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    I get several errors even with the joystick module I think, after I start. But it works normally. Just the 3 helis are often not working, sometimes it depends on what part of the map I spawn them. Maybe the bugs are because of my weak PC, I have tried reinstalling it several times and my friend had the same problem too

37. Post #757
    September 2008
    796 Posts

eurocopter , hind etc are all mine and will be updated once welt stops rushing out 1000 updates

38. Post #758
    July 2012
    15 Posts
    I get several errors even with the joystick module I think, after I start. But it works normally. Just the 3 helis are often not working, sometimes it depends on what part of the map I spawn them. Maybe the bugs are because of my weak PC, I have tried reinstalling it several times and my friend had the same problem too
    Okay. have you tried putting both the WAC compilation and the WAC aircraft / base (new version) together, and updated them both same day? I've done this and it seemed to have fixed my issues as far as the free aim, weapon zoom, etc.

39. Post #759
    August 2011
    166 Posts
    So is the OP planning to update this by for Gmod 13 when it's released? I hope so.

40. Post #760
    September 2012
    2 Posts
    will you ever put in extra move ment type stuff like the backdoor on the pavelow